April 19, 2024, 11:35:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 370441 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #340 on: February 24, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »

Okay...I got to see Staton thank the commissioners, them to thank him, and Staton walk away.  Ha!  Not much!

Would someone please let me know if the report went basically like the interview in the paper this morning?

Were there any surprises?

Thank you.

No surprises Puzzler.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »

One last thing before I have to get going.

Whether TH is implicated or not,and I know it may not be the right thing to say but, "I sure in heck wish TH didn't hire Houze!" He's like a Johnny Cochran! He could poke holes in anything. If I hear him say, just once,"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit", I'm going to vomit.  After I shoot him with my laser gun. 

J/k. Have a good day Monkeys.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: February 24, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »

Okay...I got to see Staton thank the commissioners, them to thank him, and Staton walk away.  Ha!  Not much!

Would someone please let me know if the report went basically like the interview in the paper this morning?

Were there any surprises?

Thank you.

No surprises Puzzler.

Sassi - TY

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/commissioners_express_surprise.html

Kyron Horman: Multnomah County commissioners surprised by added FBI agents

(snip)  Two Multnomah County commissioners this morning said they were surprised to learn through The Oregonian of the added involvement by the FBI in the ongoing criminal investigation into missing Kyron Horman.  (snip)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »

Thanks for the updates.  Glad to still see determination to resolve this and bring justice for Kyron.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: February 24, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »

I am still thinking about the little church across the street from the school where the pressers were often held.  That church is no longer a church, but open for social events, etc.

I swear I remember reading somewhere that the lady who operates the church said they had security cameras in place.  This was around the time the school got there cameras put in, over the summer.  My point is..it sounded as though they have had those cameras in place well before the school got theirs..as in we already have security cams.

Then think about where Terri's truck was supposed to be parked in the recreation photos..sort of along side the road, blocking the access road.  I keep thinking that the LE have a video of her truck parked there. They seem to be very concrete on the fact of where she was parked that morning.  This may be how they know rather not Kyron left the school with her.

What type of man would help Terri carry out this deed?  A pedo..  Could it be Terri hooked up with a pedo inorder to coax him to take Kyron?  Could she have set this whole thing up because she hated Kaine and Kyron both...MFH was not getting any takers..but a pedo would jump at the chance.  And a disappeared Kyron would settle her own problems with Kyron..and hurt Kaine immeasurably for the rest of his life.  Desiree said the writings she was shown Terri wrote of how much she hated both KH and Kyron.

Hi Gypsy DD,
I remember asking about the cameras at the church as well. It was a while back on scared monkeys. If I remember correctly, someone (maybe hellokitty) said that the cameras were put there after Kyron went missing. I wish I knew what page this was on. I am pretty sure it was several threads back.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2011, 12:43:47 AM »

I checked out Anita Kissee’s (reporter at KATU Portland) Twitter and found a tweet talking about reporter’s notes from Staton’s report to the commissioners; however, it’s Facebook and I don’t do Facebook.

http://twitter.com/anitakissee

Maybe someone who does Facebook could open it and copy and paste her notes here.  Would love to know what she noted (I missed the live report).

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2011, 12:56:58 AM »

I checked out Anita Kissee’s (reporter at KATU Portland) Twitter and found a tweet talking about reporter’s notes from Staton’s report to the commissioners; however, it’s Facebook and I don’t do Facebook.

Maybe someone who does Facebook could open it and copy and paste her notes here.  Would love to know what she noted (I missed the live report).

Here's a copy of the tweet itself:

Don't often do this but - because you are all so interested in #KyronHorman investigation, I'm sharing my notes:

http://tinyurl.com/4qdkv24

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: February 25, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »

Don't often do this but - because you are all so interested in #KyronHorman investigation, I'm sharing my notes:

Hi Puzzler,
This is what comes up

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

Maybe it is busy? Not sure. I will try again later.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2011, 02:23:34 AM »

I got the same message.
Maybe it was removed.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/fbi_will_dedicate_up_to_six_ag.html

(snip)  "We're not going to back off on this investigation," Staton said Wednesday. "We may not have it solved, and it may not be to the satisfaction of some, but the fact is they're making progress."   (snip)

BBM - Glad to hear they're still making progress. 

Really wonder what LE has discovered in their investigation that the FBI has commited so many agents.  This seems to be like a big push.  But on what?   

Then, additionally, the "experts" to check out the cell records of over 300 supoened sets of cell, email and computer records.
Obviously, that means they are checking the records of many people.  What would they be checking that requires forensics on long trails of electronics?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #351 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »

I find this very interesting.  I did pick up on Capt. Gates comment that this was an “extraordinary complicated investigation” “on a number of levels”.   Wasn’t sure what the “levels” part meant, though.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-39/#comments

1.   puzzled says:
February 25, 2011 at 10:50 am

These two statements represent the status of this case …

…“It’s an extraordinary complicated investigation on a number of levels. That’s the bottom line,” said Capt. Jason Gates with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office.

and Staton said …
“It’s not an easy case and you know if it was an easy case we would have solved it months ago, that’s just it”

“on a number of levels”= more than one suspect
B

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #352 on: February 26, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »

Look what I found – the reporter notes by Anita Kissee.  No, I didn’t get them from Facebook, but from ProBoard’s site where the GLP group started up a forum after GLP shut down Kyron’s forum (I highlighted in blue a couple of notes that stood out to me:

http://stillstanding2.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=kyronhorman&action=display&thread=16&page=41

Reporter Notes - Kyron Horman Update
by Anita Kissée Katu-tv on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 3:17pm

TROUBLE OPENING? CLICK THE "??? MINUTES AGO" LINK... NOT THE TITLE.

I don't nornally do this but...

Because I know so many of you are interested in every single word said/written about Kyron Horman, I'm sharing my notes on today's presentation to Mutlnomah County Commissioners and the interview afterward. (Ignore the numbers before/after the lowercase letters... those are time code for the soundbites that my editor will use later.)

My stories on this will be on tonight at 5 and 6:30pm.

NOTES:

LOOK AT PROGRESS SHERIFF’S OFFICE HAS MADE

TASK FORCE

FRESH SET OF EYES – KEEP ON TRACK

Sheriff Dan Staton

146 To date this investigation has developed 4318 investigative leads. 52

4318 INVESTIGATIVE LEADS

3500 INTERVIEWS

66 BINDERS OF INFORMATION

subpoenaed more than 300 sets of e-mail, cellular phone and computer records,

contacted 124 sex offenders, but the sheriff would not comment on whether they've been excluded as suspects.

4200 HOURS - PARTNERING AGENCIES

490 PEOPLE IDENTIFIED THAT WERE ON SITE WHEN DISAPPEARED

54 LOCATED VEHICLES AT LOCATION

19,783 VOLUNTEER HOURS OF SEARCH AND RESCUE

Fiscal year 2010 604,088.50

Fiscal Year 2011 835,338.87

Total $1,439,427.37

PART-TIME SGT, TWO FULL TIME DETECTIVES, 1 PART TIME TECNICIAN, PART TIME SAR

OTHER –

DEPART OF JUSTICE TECHNICIAN RESEARCH MATERIALS THROUGH SEARCH WARRANTS, 1 COMMUNICATION TECH EXPERT – CELL PHONES TOWERS, 1 BEHAVIOR PSYCHOLOGIST

433 The belief is that we are moving forward in this investigation and is continuing very strongly at this particular point in time. 39

WILL REASSESS IN JUNE – IF NO ARREST OR SUSPECT IDENTIFIED

Loretta Smith - Commissioner

510 As a mother I can only imagine the horror the family is feeling at this point. But as a county commissioner I want to find out specifically, and this is directly to the DA, are we on the right track 25

Rod Underhill – Chief Deputy DA

528 The answer to the question commissioner, are we on the right track,

533 Short answer is yes, long answer is our obligation both as law enforcement investigators and district attorneys is to create a case that is provable in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt. 49

REQUIRES TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF WORK AND EVIDENCE

SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO PICK EACH OF IT APART

ADVISING THEM AS THEY GO.

658 We will work and work and work until this matter is resolved03

711 Whether it’s Saturday at 10am, or Friday at 9pm, it’s not an eight to five. It is getting the job done. 22

FEEL DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO REACH CONCLUSION

825 Absolutely we’re on the right track, absolutely.

FBI INVOLVEMENT

GET THAT DON’T HAVE AT A LOCAL LEVEL

EXPERTISE IN THIS AREA

Sheriff

919 I’m very grateful they have offered this up to us and provided us with this opportunity. 26

Cpt. JW Gates

BRIEFING – LET BOARD AND PEOPLE KNOW WHERE ARE IN INVESTIGATION

HOW FUNDS BEING SPENT

FBI PARTNER FROM DAY ONE

BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS, TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, PROFILING SUSPECTS, WHENEVER NEEDED

420 DAYS OF TASK FORCE

NEW STRATEGIES FROM HERE ON OUT

1138 And… we need more people

1144 There are not many agencies that are able to provide six bodies by asking and the FBI is able to do that. 49

NATIONAL PROGRAMS THEY CAN USE, FORENSICS, EXPERTISE IN CHILD ABDUCTION

1226 That doesn’t hurt the already top notch investigators that we have involved in this investigation from several different agencies. 35

COST FOR OT – 115-THOUSAND DOLLARS – OUT OF BUDGET COSTS

KYRON’S STATUS – NOT GIVING INFO ON WHETHER THINK ALIVE OR NOT

1324 We’re looking at data that can be in the multimillion input data points and so having people that can forensically deal with that, important to this case.

1335 It’s a monumental task, monumental amount of information and what that does is free up our investigators, our criminal investigators to track down leads and investigate and do interviews and those types of things rather than go through miles and miles of data 51

RIGHT TRACK?

1404 I believe that’s an absolutely legitimate question, I absolutely believe we’re on the right track. We want one of two outcomes here: We want to, number one, solve this case, and that is really what we want. And the second option is we want to have done everything we possibly could have done in order to solve this case 22

DOESN’T DO ANY GOOD TO PRODUCE SPECULATION TO US

1458 We are obligated to investigate this case as professionally as we possibly can.

1505 When the time is right and we have a suspect in custody, you’ll know it. 10

DESIREE’S ACTIONS THIS WEEKEND

1532 we did not authorize that.

Anita: 1537 For you to be here this many months later… what is that like for you personally?

1542 The frustrating part of it is, we haven’t solved this case, but what I can tell you is that as professionals, for me, oversight over people doing investigation, my job to make sure they’re supported and that they have the tools they need to do this investigation and to develop strategies. I’m a policy person and I need to support that process and I do that for them and as my obligation, and the sheriff’s obligation to the public that we serve 13

1615 I can’t say that I’m frustrated at this point, I’d say the first month I was frustrated because we wanted to find that kid like right now. Now that we are embedded in this investigation at this point, I say that what we need to have is an attitude of steadfast. We need to be steadfast in what we’re doing and continue on with this investigation until one of two outcomes has been achieved. 34

A LOT OF KIDS MISSING… THIS SPECIAL?

AMAZING AMOUNT OF RESOURCES?

SCHOOL?

1650 It’s because he was taken out of school, but also at the bottom line is…

1655 As you can tell because we’re at where we’re at today

1658 it’s an extraordinarily complicated investigation on an amount of levels. 01 That’s the bottom line. It’s not an easy case and you know if it was an easy case we would have solved it months ago 09 that’s just it.

Anita: 1712 How much did the public pressure play in to that? Considering how many people are interested in finding Kyron?

1717 Well, you know I can certainly say public opinion, public pressure and amount of attention this has achieved has played a part, as public opinion in our country does. 30

1734 But with respect to how we’re doing out investigation… it doesn’t play a part.

1738 An investigation is an investigation that we have experts, professionals that put together the strategies on a number of levels on how to proceed 47

EXPENSE…

1754 we don’t know how much this is going to cost. We haven’t put a cap on it. We need to achieve one of two things: we need to either solve this case or come to a semi-conclusion by having done everything we could possible do. 09

VERY TRANSPARENT WITH REGARD TO COST

DECREASING – WORKING TO KEEP TRACK

NOT ASKING FOR MORE MONEY – CONTINUE WITH WHAT HAVE

NOT PUTTING A TIMELINE ON THIS – NOT SPECULATING WHAT WILL HAPPEN BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT BRIEFING IN JUNE

1909 I pretty much hope from the bottom of my heart that we will have solved this case, but I can’t tell you one way or the other.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #353 on: February 26, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »

Well, I guess by attempt at changing the color of the words didn’t work.  Here’s the two items I noted:

1658 it’s an extraordinarily complicated investigation on an amount of levels. 01 That’s the bottom line. It’s not an easy case and you know if it was an easy case we would have solved it months ago 09 that’s just it.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: February 26, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »

Thanks Puzzler.

Not aimed at you, I am just overwhelmingly frustrated with this situation.  I feel like I learned a whole lotta nuttin' from that report.  Kyron, I wish we could find you.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #355 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:59 PM »

Thanks Puzzler.

Not aimed at you, I am just overwhelmingly frustrated with this situation.  I feel like I learned a whole lotta nuttin' from that report.  Kyron, I wish we could find you.

It is frustrating.

I took from it that LE has continued to be very active in looking for Kyron but they don't have the evidence they need.
I've read on a number of forums that all this FBI presence is coming in to help the Sheriff wrap up his case.  FBI doesn't do wrap-up for local LE.

We now know that profilers were with local LE during January and from their work came the commitment for up to 6 agents to help local LE through mid-June.  IMO, that means the profilers in January came up with places to search, people to investigate, etc.  And the scope must be pretty big because FBI is commiting 6 agents to it...that's above and beyond the Task Force in place.  It makes me think that their scope has expanded way out. 

Terri has been disected for almost 9 months....after all this time...FBI is not putting 6 agents on the case to check her out.  No, those agents are to check out others.  Hopefully, it's the up to 2 accomplices that LE thinks are involved.  But, it's definately something big, because on top of these 6 FBI agents, there's the experts at technolog, cell records and towers, and physocology.

Over 300 sets of electronic records have been subpoened.  That's a lot and they've brought in an expert to mine the information from all those records.  Those records would mean that many people are being investigated.  More than just Terri and her friends, IMO.

So, I don't know what to make of all of it, but I do know that his is a big deal with all these experts and FBI agents added.  IMO this is NOT a "wrap-up".  LE is going after the "ones".  They do NOT know who the ones are because we've just been told if they don't have a conclusion by mid-June, they will be making changes.

I learned a lot:  they're still going full-speed ahead on the investigation, that the investigation is huge, and they can't name a suspect. 

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: February 26, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »

Thank you for the interpretation, Puzzler, what you have explained does give me some hope.  I just cannot wrap my mind around what has happened to Kyron.  You would think that if this is very involved and there are multiple suspects that someone, somewhere would make a mistake and be caught.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #357 on: February 26, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

Well, I guess by attempt at changing the color of the words didn’t work.  Here’s the two items I noted:

Thanks Puzzler for all your work here.  IMO Blink could be right and what has made this investigation so complicated could be their focus on an accomplice.  That could be explained why this special 'ping' investigator from Ca will now examine {all} the pings in the case.  The FBI also calling in a forensic psychologist {think that is right} could also be working on the accomplice angle ~ LE has already stated they believe there is another person in the case and wish I had a link to that.

I heard on a newscast last week there were 3 specialists the FBI is working with.  Do you know if they are part of the 6 and who the 3rd specialist would be?   Ta

ETA:  Also, looking at Anita's notes, she writes:  "KYRON’S STATUS – NOT GIVING INFO ON WHETHER THINK ALIVE OR NOT

1324 We’re looking at data that can be in the multimillion input data points and so having people that can forensically deal with that, important to this case.

1335 It’s a monumental task, monumental amount of information and what that does is free up our investigators, our criminal investigators to track down leads and investigate and do interviews and those types of things rather than go through miles and miles of data 51

Staten doesn't say whether they believe Kyron is dead or alive, but also he does not say they have no evidence as to either way as has been stated before, right?  I still think they might have discovered some evidence of his death but just haven't located his remains yet.  There is something they have told Desiree for her change her belief, now thinking Kyron won't be found alive.  IMO
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »

Scandi, as I understand it, the experts are in addition to the FBI agents.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »

Scandi, as I understand it, the experts are in addition to the FBI agents.

The experts are:

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Kyron-Horman-investigation-continues-with-F-B-I/6NQmsg9WrkCCyKU1O1ohtw.cspx

The local costs include experts hired for cell tower and cell phone expertise, a private behavioral specialist and an information technology specialist, he said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.