March 28, 2024, 02:13:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 368643 times)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #460 on: March 15, 2011, 03:49:39 PM »

I don't know who knows about Kim's drinking history, but I don't think that she could have such a serious problem in a short space of time.  And one where her children are so antagonistic.

I am guessing that Terri and Kim were drinking buddies.

I think Kim knows  more then she is saying about this whole scene.   I have always thought that way..especially since her young son spent time with Kyron and the Horman family.

I have a feeling she may know who Terri's lovers were.  And could Kim be the person that Terri confided to her hatred for Kyron.  Seems Kim's kids have alot of hatred for her also.  Maybe she and Terri were both just plain mean drunks..and fed off each other.

Just typing as I think outloud. 

I too have always had a hinky feeling about Kim and even her eldest son. I can't help but wonder if cougar Terri may have tried to entice him in order to use him in some way.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:57:59 PM by klaasend » Logged
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #462 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:53 PM »

Desiree is on a roller derby team

"Roller derby teams raise money for Kyron Horman search fund"
http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/sto ... 5079563300

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: March 16, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »

Desiree is on a roller derby team

"Roller derby teams raise money for Kyron Horman search fund"
http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/sto ... 5079563300

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=130030595079563300

or if that doesn't work, http://tinyurl.com/4f8au9w
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »

Post on BOC - huge pedophile ring smashed - my gosh!

enumclawrose says:
March 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm
If I am reading this correctly and all of the crimes occurred online and there were 230 children involved/rescued, then someone tell me who helped the 7,8,9.. year olds? This doesn’t seem to be a warehouse studio where all these children are being held against their wills and video’d? So is this a crime occurring in their own homes, at the hands of their caregivers?

Kimberly says:
March 16, 2011 at 10:53 am
Well, well, well, Heavily encrypted???? sounds familiar!

Police Say Huge Int’l Pedophile Ring Smashed   
http://www.kptv.com/news/27213267/detail.html

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: March 18, 2011, 12:25:18 PM »

TY puzzler im going to post it in the news of the day
thread i post the other day

Edit to add link per puzzler.  TY.  MB  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9612.msg1316210#msg1316210
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:54:58 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »

You know, we have told everyone a million times WE NEED THE LINKS back to the article.  I'm half tempted to start deleting posts that don't include links back.

WE NEED LINKS.  DO NOT post part of an article or blog post or Facebook comment or ANYTHING without linking back to the source.

I'm going to post this reminder in all of the active threads.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:54:37 PM by klaasend » Logged
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »

TY puzzler im going to post it in the news of the day
thread i post the other day

adding link,sorry klaas,thought i had

link to post in the news of the day story
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9612.msg1316210#msg1316210

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: March 21, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-continues-to-raise-awareness-118338914.html

Kyron Horman's dad continues to raise awareness

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: March 21, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/118374254.html

'Kyron's Law' would require cameras at schools

By Adam Ghassemi KATU News March 21, 2011

PORTLAND, Ore. – Nine and a half months after Kyron Horman disappeared from a Portland elementary school there’s still no sign of where he is. But now his story might lead to safer schools in the future.

A new petition is circulating to pass a law that would require all public schools and school buses have security cameras. Cameras were installed at Kyron’s school, Skyline Elementary, after a private citizen covered the costs.

Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, said the petition, known as “Kyron’s Law,” is a good idea. He isn’t formally connected with the effort, but hopes his son’s disappearance leaves to legislation that protects kids.

“I think there are definitely some things around some of the attendance policies, along with cameras and other stuff that would make the schools a little bit safer,” he said.

::snipping2::
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #470 on: March 21, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »

So, I wanted to look at Mr. Houze, in relation to the Kyron investigation, and how he may effect the case. I
was curious as to why he is called a "heavy hitter attorney" and the reason  LE is so adament about
covering all bases. Why do prosecuters fear Mr. Houze? So, I went searching to see exactly why Mr.
Houze has this reputation, and what his patterns seem to be, defending a person charged with,or
suspected of a crime , whether it be a defacto POI or a publically announced POI. After reading, I can
surely understand why this case is taking so long to make an arrest.

If the DA has enough evidence to have TH arrested and charged, Mr. Houze is going to be one formidable
opponent.

http://www.shouze.com/display-cases.asp?artID=2

<snipped paragraphs>

Principles over profit

Those who know him well -- attorneys, prosecutors, judges and private investigators -- say he's a complex
man: highly principled, intelligent, and driven by a ferocious energy that intimidates his adversaries in the
courtroom.

""He believes in people,"" Jensen says. ""He had the ability to see the good in someone that I didn't see. .
. . It changed my opinion of defense attorneys."

The 'tenacious adversary'

"He's got one speed -- fast forward,"" says Jim Hennings, who hired the 26-year-old Houze straight out of
Vanderbilt University Law School in 1972 to work at the fledgling Metropolitan Public Defender's office.
"He doesn't burn out -- he's always refreshed and enthused."

Houze's first big case was defending an accused killer in a trial that rocked the Northwest because of the
brutality of the crime. A couple and the two young boys they were babysitting were bludgeoned to death
with a hammer in March 1974. Three of the victims were bloodily slain in their beds in a quiet southeast
Portland home. Colin Hockings, a 30-year-old Native American shipping clerk, was Houze's client.
The jury convicted Hockings and he was sentenced to four life terms in prison. "Houze was very, very good. A tenacious adversary."

Courtroom strategies

Stephen Houze, in charcoal pinstripes, adjusts the half-glasses on his nose and peers over them intently
at the young police officer he's been cross-examining. He's at a preliminary hearing held earlier this spring, and the uncomfortable witness on the stand is learning firsthand what it is like to face Houze in a courtroom. Houze's client, seated beside him in an orange-and-white jail uniform, has been accused of shooting his wife and trying to make it look like a robbery.

Houze wants to know about a sedan that was spotted on the road near the man's house that night.
"To your knowledge,"" Houze asks the officer pointedly, ""has anyone in law enforcement made any effort
to identify that vehicle, or whether it belonged to a residence in the area or to a stranger? The implication: Maybe it belonged to the real killer.

"I didn't,"" the officer says softly. Houze cups his hand to his ear as if he can't quite make out what the
officer is telling him. After a few minutes of this cat-and-mouse game, Houze glances at the clock,
switches gears. He wants to talk about how his client was treated in the early minutes of the police
investigation.

""When you took him out of the house, he had no gloves, no coat, no sweater -- what did you do to protect
him from the cold?"" Houze asks, indignantly. The implication: Police had already assumed he was the
culprit. Almost angry: ""Did anyone put pants on the man?"

Transforming disaster

"I think winning was everything he ever thought about," <snip> And what he lacked in size, he made up for
with determination. He was a scrapper, a fighter. . .. all go-go-go."

Defense lawyers, Houze decided, could turn someone's personal disaster into something noble, or at
least more hopeful.

Zealous, but no zealot

While some folks may have a hard time understanding how Houze -- or any lawyer -- could defend
someone accused of murder or paying to have sex with a child, prosecutors value what a great lawyer like
Houze brings to a case. With him, they know they've got a well-matched fight -- they don't have to pull any
punches. If they win with Houze on the other side, a conviction looks that much stronger. And without guys
like Houze, they say, the nation's adversarial system of justice couldn't exist.

Yet as skilled as Houze is in the courtroom, many of his victories play out quietly behind the scenes, where
he's known as a master negotiator and a genuinely nice guy. Not only does he know everyone who is
important to know, prosecutors are aware of Houze's unusual ability to see and capitalize on the strengths
and weaknesses in a case. That makes them especially motivated to make a deal to avoid going to trial
against him.

"He's dogged when it comes to researching things, and he zealously represents clients without being a
zealot.""

"Getting to the office is like jumping on a train moving 60 mph,"" says Chic Preston, Houze's longtime
investigator. He says he works for a man who wants to know the answers before he begins the
cross-examination. If the prosecution has a fingerprint expert, Houze has been known to bring in his own
from Scotland Yard to counter it -- as he sometimes says, ""You can't fight City Hall with a ham sandwich."

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/print_story.php?story_id=17983

<snipped>

“Steve finds statements and witnesses and versions of events that detectives don’t always uncover,” said
Regan, who worked for Gustafson during her protracted battle with Houze and the Oregon State Bar
before she was disbarred in March 2002. “He gets a whole other side of the story. You end up looking like
your investigation wasn’t as thorough. I’ve learned how to be a better prosecutor from watching him.”

But, Regan said, preparation is not the sole secret of Houze’s success.
“He’s very adept at PR,” Regan said. “He never overhypes a defense or grandstands, but the minute he
steps in front of a microphone, he’s very much aware that he’s presenting a defense.

“I noticed this with (Hawash),” Regan continued. “He’s (Houze is) talking about how sketchy the
government’s case is. I’ve noticed over the years that he doesn’t say much when his client wouldn’t benefit
from publicity. I’m not saying he’s manipulative. I’m saying he’s intelligent: He understands the power of
persuasion.”

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #471 on: March 21, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »

O/T Why does my preview post look different than the actual post. The format gets looney. Am I doing something wrong mods? I typically post in a txt document and then copy and paste.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: March 21, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »

O/T Why does my preview post look different than the actual post. The format gets looney. Am I doing something wrong mods? I typically post in a txt document and then copy and paste.

I have no idea.  Does it look like you expect it to after it's posted?  Your posts look good to me.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #473 on: March 21, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »

I have no idea.  Does it look like you expect it to after it's posted?  Your posts look good to me.

No, the sentences break up in the paragraphs, but it doesn't look that way in the 'preview' box. I don't know. I'll deal with it. Sorry for the O/T Monkeys and Thanks Klaas. 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #474 on: March 21, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

The next person I want to check is Chic Preston, Houze' PI, at least he was then. So far I know he is part owner of a restaurant, which is not doing so well. I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is, IMO. It's possible he has a new PI, but who knows.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »

Grey, I see you up there lurking. Good to see you back. 

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »

No, the sentences break up in the paragraphs, but it doesn't look that way in the 'preview' box. I don't know. I'll deal with it. Sorry for the O/T Monkeys and Thanks Klaas. 

If you are using Notepad on the PC, go to Format at the top. If Word Wrap has a check mark, click on Word Wrap to get rid of the line breaks. Paragraphs will go on and on to the right. To highlight what you wish to copy, drag your cursor down the left side of the page.

Copy and paste what you want in your post. There should be no odd line breaks in your post when it is published.

When you are finished, go back to Notepad and click on Word Wrap again to put it in effect. If you don't, it will be difficult to read sentences and paragraphs that are wider than your Notepad window in that file or any Notepad file.

If you are not using Notepad on the PC, good luck. I don't have a clue.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2011, 11:24:12 PM »

Hi, sassifrass. Stopped in to see if anything is happening. The only big news seems to be bad line breaks.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »

Hi, sassifrass. Stopped in to see if anything is happening. The only big news seems to be bad line breaks.

Haha! Cute! But not the most newsworthy enlightenment in this thread.    Did you see the DY focus in Roseburg?

Hope to see you coming back. Always liked your spitfire thoughts.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »

And although I participated, I need to remind everyone to stay on topic in the MP threads please
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.