March 28, 2024, 04:42:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 368607 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

I would like to know who took Kurtis' project to school. Was it Kim, one of the brothers, or Terri?

I can't see him carrying it himself.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »

I would like to know who took Kurtis' project to school. Was it Kim, one of the brothers, or Terri?

I see Kim on the list of people at skyline that morning so perhaps she helped him?

It sure seems as though this family has gone through some major changes since the death of Cat. From the site that I posted it seems according to some comments, he was a good father and people spoke highly of him. He and Kim had several children together, I think I read 5? They were together for a number of years. I say this because although who is to really say one way or another at this point, someone could be involved or it can just be a family who has gone through a tragic loss in their family. So I am staying on the fence in regards to this particular family. Thank you though Sass and please don't feel I am attacking your hard work, I am certainly not. Thanks for posting.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »

TG: It's all good. 

You could be absolutely right. If I'm wrong, I'll humbly admit it, but I have to look at everything and everyone. Kyron deserves it, IMO.

There are so many things that just don't add up, and I have to question those things. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about Kyron and I have a choice; I could sit on my fat arse and watch from the sidelines, or I can try and find something that maybe, just maybe, will help bring him home. If I don't find anything definitive, well, at least I tried. While listening to Desiree in the PC's and talking with a family member of hers, I could actually feel their pain. I just don't want them to feel that way any more.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2011, 08:18:22 PM »

I agree with you Klaas. Kim and Avery have been on my hinky meter for a long time. Between them and the Jim Kelley sighting, and everything else that is coming up, I just have to keep looking at them to see if they are connected in some way.

I'm not staying close minded. I also dig into a lot of other people; make a list, and rotate the names to see if any new info pops up. Usually, something new pops up.

Didn't she live on Jim Kelleys road at the time of the white truck sighting..IIRC..she was the one who also saw the truck and let her dogs out in the early morning AM hours?

I often thought both those sightings were purposely put into the equation to throw LE off the scent of Terri and her friends and into "some random dude did it" pool.  I think Jim Kelley is being honest..I m just saying I think it was a set up..funny the  first sighting of the truck is right around the time Kaine found out Kyron wasn't on the bus..and took off running for his car and the second sighting is in the very early morning wee hours of Saturday....and Kim lets the dogs loose and the truck pulls away...was that a signal that let the truck driver know that Jim had made both the sightings like they had hoped he would? 

BBM

Gypsy: No. Kim lives directly behind JK's house, on NW Cornelius Pass Rd. The woman who realeased the dogs, lived on JK's road,(8th st/ave I think). She was the other witness, per JK, and her name was never mentioned in the MSM. I would post the map that Klaas made, but I think she may have deleted it from her photobucket.

Thanks Sassi..I am still very suspcious of those two sightings..and even though Kim doesn't live their of Kim.  Something about her just set my hinky meter off right from the start. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »

Post from Blink on Crime:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/

Lea Conner says:
April 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm
Here are a couple of docket notations of interest:

Horman Kaine Andrew */Horman Terri Lynn Moulton Multnomah 6/30/11 9:00 TKEM 450 JG MEISENHEIMER 100666084 Hearing Motion

Oregon State Of/Holm Kimberly Ann Multnomah 6/22/11 1:30 DISP DUII SUPERVISION PGM 110342211 Hearing Further Proceedings

Oregon State Of/Holm Kimberly Ann Multnomah 6/22/11 1:30 DISP DUII SUPERVISION PGM 101152725 Hearing Further Proceedings

Oregon State Of/Holm Kimberly Ann Multnomah 6/22/11 1:30 DISP DUII SUPERVISION PGM Z1744625 Hearing Further Proceedings

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: April 22, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »

TG: It's all good. 

You could be absolutely right. If I'm wrong, I'll humbly admit it, but I have to look at everything and everyone. Kyron deserves it, IMO.

There are so many things that just don't add up, and I have to question those things. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about Kyron and I have a choice; I could sit on my fat arse and watch from the sidelines, or I can try and find something that maybe, just maybe, will help bring him home. If I don't find anything definitive, well, at least I tried. While listening to Desiree in the PC's and talking with a family member of hers, I could actually feel their pain. I just don't want them to feel that way any more.  an angelic monkey

I know Sass it is heartbreaking to watch Desiree. I have said so many times I relate to her so much because I see I could have been in her shoes.
There are many things I consider however nobody else seems to find they are worth looking into, for whatever reason. I find it frustrating so I just keep it to myself and dig away.
You could very well be correct and if you are it must be some kind of revenge on their part I would guess. Have you uncovered anything that would lead to "why" they would commit such a crime?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: April 22, 2011, 01:23:33 AM »

Post from Blink on Crime:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/

Lea Conner says:
April 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm
Here are a couple of docket notations of interest:

Horman Kaine Andrew */Horman Terri Lynn Moulton Multnomah 6/30/11 9:00 TKEM 450 JG MEISENHEIMER 100666084 Hearing Motion

Oregon State Of/Holm Kimberly Ann Multnomah 6/22/11 1:30 DISP DUII SUPERVISION PGM 110342211 Hearing Further Proceedings

Oregon State Of/Holm Kimberly Ann Multnomah 6/22/11 1:30 DISP DUII SUPERVISION PGM 101152725 Hearing Further Proceedings

Oregon State Of/Holm Kimberly Ann Multnomah 6/22/11 1:30 DISP DUII SUPERVISION PGM Z1744625 Hearing Further Proceedings

I am pages and pages behind on Blinks site. Did Lea or anyone uncover what yesterdays hearing was all about?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2011, 01:29:12 AM »

Can anyone tell where this display was in relation to where Kyrons was?

Does anyone else see a difference of expressions on the faces of the two boys? Although Kyron had a big smile, I don't see the same happiness in his eyes as I do in this child's eyes. Kurtis' eyes are shinny and proud, Kyron looked as if he was being forced to smile. I don't know, I just see a difference in emotions, anyone else?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #688 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:05 AM »

Sorry after 2 years on this site I have yet to figure out how to post pics. If anyone can or feels like it perhaps if you can do a side by side?

This is a link to a pic of Kyron holding a trophy. See the look in his eyes? He is proud and happy! YOu can see his eyes shine!

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Missing-Child-Kyron-Hormans-Parents-Speak-Out

Then look at this pic at the following link. Kyron is smiling although it doesn't look to be a real smile to me but one that is forced. His eyes are not happy, not shining with pride. He gives me a feeling of saddness when I look into his eyes.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #689 on: April 22, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »

Sorry after 2 years on this site I have yet to figure out how to post pics. If anyone can or feels like it perhaps if you can do a side by side?

This is a link to a pic of Kyron holding a trophy. See the look in his eyes? He is proud and happy! YOu can see his eyes shine!

Then look at this pic at the following link. Kyron is smiling although it doesn't look to be a real smile to me but one that is forced. His eyes are not happy, not shining with pride. He gives me a feeling of saddness when I look into his eyes.

Good morning TG and Monkeys!

The 2 links you posted, are the same. 

You asked this question on the previous post:

Can anyone tell where this display was in relation to where Kyrons was?

The answer: Look to the left of Kyron's display. You can see Kurtis' display.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: April 22, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »

an angelic monkey

Kyron, I so wish you could be home and looking forward to an Easter egg hunt with your family.   
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: April 22, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »

oops. Let me look for the other pic, lol. This is what I get for posting when I was tired!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: April 22, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »

Here is the 2nd link/pic I was trying to post. I like this pic because it is up close. 

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/15/2nd-grade-boy-disappears-walking-down-school-hallway-to-class/

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #693 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »

Here is the 2nd link/pic I was trying to post. I like this pic because it is up close. 

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/15/2nd-grade-boy-disappears-walking-down-school-hallway-to-class/

Pics posted from TG's request post.

Here ya go TG. The 2nd pic is the day he went missing. The one thing I thought of, in that pic, from the first time I saw it, was that his eyes didn't seem right. He seems to have this, almost dreamy look in his eyes.

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #694 on: April 22, 2011, 11:03:08 PM »

AV (Kurtis' big brother) worships Satan.  He hates his mother. The following picture is from one of the most recent links (Feb. 16) on his FB page:

Wall post and comments (CAUTION: MAY BE OFFENSIVE):

Avery Villarreal
she crashed again. thank you Satan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And f*** You god
February 10 at 8:07pm
2 people like this.

Dominic Lawrence
through every dark night there is a bright day after that, so if you stick you chest out keep your head up you can handle it. tupac shakur
February 10 at 8:15pm ·  1 person

Breanna Pulliam
Avery!!!!!
February 10 at 10:19pm

Dominic Lawrence
i love you guysi
February 10 at 10:23pm

Monika Holm
Thats not very nice. She really makes me angry. Thanks for calling grandma and letting her know whats going on..
February 11 at 7:19am

Avery Villarreal
Yo man me and cam are gonna bbq a brisket on sunday you should come out
February 11 at 1:29pm

Monika Holm
You guys need to come over here. I need to talk with you what is your number. So how is she doing?
February 11 at 2:07pm

Avery Villarreal
I guess she had surgery yesterday. she broke a couple ribs and did something to her liver. my number is XXXXXXXXXX
February 11 at 2:18pm

Monika Holm
stupid bitch. Why dont you guys just move here. And bring Kurtis and Joseph with you..
February 11 at 2:22pm ·  1 person

Breanna Pulliam
i would be down.... no one else wants to!
February 11 at 2:49pm

Jeffrey Pulliam Sr. God is good and god is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will pray for your Mom and i ALWAYS PRAY FOR YOU GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!
February 12 at 2:04pm ·  1 person

Jeffrey Pulliam Sr.
Alcoholism is a disease! I am sure you know that you are a smart Young man.
February 12 at 2:13pm

Breanna Pulliam
dad!!!!! grrrrrrrr!!!!
YOU BOTH!!!!!
Avery!!!!! grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
February 12 at 3:08pm

Avery Villarreal
Luckily blasphemy is an eternal sin so I'm Damned either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 12 at 5:28pm

Breanna Pulliam
avery!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you little f***er!
February 12 at 6:13pm

Avery Villarreal
f*** you
February 12 at 7:14pm

Jeffrey Pulliam Sr.
Avery, I love you and so does GOD
February 12 at 8:58pm

Avery Villarreal
I Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You too old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 12 at 9:47pm

Jeffrey Pulliam Sr.
lol
February 13 at 7:40am

Jeffrey Pulliam Sr.
If you would like to have lunch or just talk let me know, I am here for you.
February 13 at 7:45am

http://www.facebook.com/people/Avery-Villarreal/100000645197805?sk=wall

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: April 22, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »

Pics posted from TG's request post.

Here ya go TG. The 2nd pic is the day he went missing. The one thing I thought of, in that pic, from the first time I saw it, was that his eyes didn't seem right. He seems to have this, almost dreamy look in his eyes.

I have looked at so many pics of Kyron and I can say, this is the only one that I can see his eyes don't look as bright. Your right, he does has a glaze to his eyes. His right eye is not as open as the other eye. Is it possible that Kyron was given some kind of drug, something that would make him more compliant?

The pic taken of Kyron at school freaks me out to look at. I feel such saddness in his sweet little face. Something is not right about it. 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #696 on: April 23, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »

I don't know why I didn't look at this before. How could I not have looked at this?

Anyway, I looked at it now. Breanna's father, who owns JT Construction, lives on NW Johnson rd. Remember that road name? Does it sound familiar? Well it should. Javier Trejo-Richate's body was dumped on the 20400 block of Skyline Blvd,  between NW Johnson Rd and Mooreland Rd. Jeff Pulliams house is only 2.5 miles from that location, and only a bit over 4 miles from Kyrons search grid area.

http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=jeffrey%20Pulliam#Oregon:2946074211/family

Pulliam home
18030 NW Johnson Rd, Portland, OR 97231
(Home is up for sale now)
http://www.estately.com/listings/info/p18030-nw-johnson-rd--1

http://www.nwcn.com/news?fId=117489748&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10202
Javier Trejo-Richarte body found
20400 nw skyline blvd, portland, or

Avery moved back to Kims home sometime in August 2010.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000645197805&v=wall&ref=search#!/crazy4high?sk=wall

Edgar Ruiz wer u stayin at man?u knw ry n ave moved back in at moms?!
August 25, 2010 at 9:43am

Map of locations:

http://maps.yahoo.com/?ard=1&mvt%3Dm%26lat%3D45.66344%26lon%3D-122.9084%26zoom%3D14%26q1%3D18030%2520NW%2520Johnson%2520Rd%252C%2520Portland%252C%2520OR%252097231%26gid1%3D21979620%26q2%3D20400%2520nw%2520skyline%2520blvd%252C%2520portland%252C%2520or%26q3%3D45.697021%252C-122.918356

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: April 23, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »

Sass interesting, thanks. Seems this case has more coinsedences then anything I have ever encountered or so it seems anyway. What do you feel about a possible set up being an answer? Terri could have been set up to take a fall either as a scape goat or even revenge, or I suppose Terri herself is trying to set someone up for those same reasons?

The discussion on Blinks site is also interesting lately. They have brought up suspect zero (SZ) and Blinks contention this person entered the school. I believe the thought is SZ is not Terri, so who is sz?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:37 PM »

I don't know why I didn't look at this before. How could I not have looked at this?

Anyway, I looked at it now. Breanna's father, who owns JT Construction, lives on NW Johnson rd. Remember that road name? Does it sound familiar? Well it should. Javier Trejo-Richate's body was dumped on the 20400 block of Skyline Blvd,  between NW Johnson Rd and Mooreland Rd. Jeff Pulliams house is only 2.5 miles from that location, and only a bit over 4 miles from Kyrons search grid area.

http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=jeffrey%20Pulliam#Oregon:2946074211/family

Pulliam home
18030 NW Johnson Rd, Portland, OR 97231
(Home is up for sale now)
http://www.estately.com/listings/info/p18030-nw-johnson-rd--1

http://www.nwcn.com/news?fId=117489748&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10202
Javier Trejo-Richarte body found
20400 nw skyline blvd, portland, or

Avery moved back to Kims home sometime in August 2010.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000645197805&v=wall&ref=search#!/crazy4high?sk=wall

Edgar Ruiz wer u stayin at man?u knw ry n ave moved back in at moms?!
August 25, 2010 at 9:43am

Map of locations:

http://maps.yahoo.com/?ard=1&mvt%3Dm%26lat%3D45.66344%26lon%3D-122.9084%26zoom%3D14%26q1%3D18030%2520NW%2520Johnson%2520Rd%252C%2520Portland%252C%2520OR%252097231%26gid1%3D21979620%26q2%3D20400%2520nw%2520skyline%2520blvd%252C%2520portland%252C%2520or%26q3%3D45.697021%252C-122.918356

Sassi - TY

As always, great sleuthing!!!

I think there are TOO many coincidences, since they are forming quite a mound!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: April 23, 2011, 11:32:39 PM »

Post by Lea Conner from BOC which, after reading, leaves me with two comments/questions:  1) the part where Lea said "Both Ms. Young and Mr. Horman rarely use Kyron’s first name and instead use the pronoun “he.”, reminds me of the times those of us post on Caylee Anthony's tread have taken note that the Anthony's, including Casey, referred often of Caylee as "that little girl"; and 2) we know Terri says she sent an email to the teacher asking "when" she could pick up the exhibit, but we don't know if the tearcher ever replied back...but...LE ended up taking the exhibit as evidence....do we know if there were other exhibits (other than Kyron's) still at the school at the end of the day on Friday?

Lea Conner says:
April 23, 2011 at 9:21 pm
puzzled says: April 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm
“everyone’s been hearing this week about the iphones and androids storing usage data … think LE has all they need of TH’s travel and communication by her cell phone? being as KY works in IT, guessing he and TH would have the latest in phone gadgets, eh?”

Miss Bri says: April 23, 2011 at 2:19 pm
“I also assumed TMH and KH would have fairly new smartphones. KH and DY were asked if the emails sent to DY from TMH on June 4th could have been sent from her cell phone. At about 7:22 minutes in to the audio interview DY starts talking about the unusual amount of emails she received from TMH and at 8:05 minutes in KH says (in response to if the emails could have been sent from a phone) “She doesnt have…it came from her account, I dont think she has..(unable to make out the rest of the sentence)” I got the impression KH was saying TMH doesnt have email/internet service or capabilities (JMO).”

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

The issue with the iPhone is that the phone and the computer with which the phone is synced contain a file (consolidated.db) that logs highly detailed location data along with dates and times.
http://www.courbis.com/Location-iPhone-your-phone-is.html

This issue affects iPhone OS 4.X, for which the first beta software became available on April 8, 2010.
http://www.quickpwn.com/2010/04/download-iphone-os-4-0-beta-firmware.html

Given that Terri Horman apparently did not have an email-enabled cell phone, we can assume that she did not use an iPhone at the time of Kyron’s disappearance.

The consolidated.db issue is a bit of a red herring, as the same information is logged by cell phone providers, regardless of whether the location data is stored locally. In other words, your cell phone’s location is known to your cell phone provider regardless of whether you have an iPhone.

The audio from the Oregonian interview is very interesting, especially the very detailed account of why Terri Horman had to take Kaine Horman’s truck in order to ensure the science fair project arrived without any damage:

Reporter: “But why would she need a truck to pick up his science project? It wasn’t this enormous thing, right?”

Kaine Horman: “She took it [the truck] to drop it [the science fair project] off, too. Her trunk is relatively small, and she didn’t want it to get damaged.”

Desiree Young: “Yeah, it [the science fair project] wouldn’t have fit in her car.”

Kaine Horman: “It might have fit but it was the concern about damage with the diorama, and that with the truck, you can put it in the back of the cab and prop it up nice, and you can put the diorama on the seat, and there’s no risk of damage. So, she took it [the science fair project] in the truck [on Thursday June 3, 2010], too, so I didn’t think anything of it, because she went to take him [Kyron] to drop him off for the science fair and the display, it had to be on display for, until 10 o’clock [on Friday June 4, 2010]. So, why would she go drop him [Kyron] off and then leave him there and then leave with the truck and not pick up the science project? That makes no sense to me at all now. Didn’t think anything of it at the time. Her story was that they had walked through and done the project on Thursday, which I believe they had done.”

Desiree Young: “Yeah, correct.”

Kaine Horman: “They had done their reports on Thursday, but it [the science fair project] still had to be on display for the science fair.”

Desiree Young: “Correct.”

Kaine Horman: “So, she dropped him [Kyron] off, and took the truck to drop him off and pick it [the science fair project] up, but since it had to stay there, she left without the project. And, thinking about it now, it’s like, well, why would you need the truck to pick it up if it had to stay there? You pick it up after school. So, take the truck after school to go pick him [Kyron] up and the project, but why would you go pick up the project at 8:45 before the science fair even starts? It makes no sense.”

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/audio/interview.mp3

Neighbor confirmed that Kaine Horman was present at the school on Thursday June 3, 2010. That being the case, why does Mr. Horman discuss the issues as to Thursday as though he was never there and having to take Terri Horman’s word for it?

More important, if Kaine Horman was at the school on Thursday, he would have known that the science fair went until 10 am on Friday June 4, 2010, as it was posted on the school’s front reader board. If Mr. Horman failed to notice this — and so did Ms. Horman, then Mr. Horman cannot complain that Ms. Horman had some kind of evil intent, as not even he picked up on the timing issue.

Mr. Horman was at the school on Thursday, and he was present for the presentation regarding science fair projects. So, when Friday rolled around, Mr. Horman should have known that Ms. Horman would not need the truck, because Ms. Horman could take Mr. Horman’s truck after he returned home from work early afternoon, to pick up Kyron and his project.

On the other hand, Mr. Horman’s was present at the school on Thursday. Given that the did not think there was anything unusual about Ms. Horman’s alleged request to take the truck, can we deduce that both Mr. and Ms. Horman were mistaken as to the time when science fair projects could be picked up?

In my opinion, Mr. and Ms. Horman’s actions indicate that both of the Hormans mistakenly believed the projects could be picked up at 8:45 am. Under those facts, how can we attach any evil intent to Ms. Horman using the truck on Friday?

On a separate issue, it was interesting to hear how Mr. Horman and Ms. Young refer to Kyron. Both Ms. Young and Mr. Horman rarely use Kyron’s first name and instead use the pronoun “he.” Not that it means anything, but the parents I deal with use first names for their children much more frequently than Kyron’s parents.

I was also struck by the rather lengthy explanation of the science fair project. Is that normal for parents to go to such great lengths for a second-grade project made out of foam-core board and a shoebox, which though professional quality, could easily have been folded down and transported? Clearly, Ms. Young and Mr. Horman did not want that project to arrive — nor leave — with a single scratch. It just strikes me as a lot of drama.

If Mr. Horman and Ms. Young get that excited over foam-core board and a shoebox, is there any doubt that the rest of Kyron’s school progress would merit equal attention and monitoring? If so, does it stand to reason that Mr. Horman and Ms. Young were also monitoring Kyron’s color-card (behavioral) warnings at school?

I’m not saying that either of them did anything wrong, just that they seem like “helicopter parents” who are extremely involved and interested in their child’s progress. Given their detailed defense of the careful transport of the science fair project, I suspect that Mr. Horman, Ms. Young, and Ms. Horman were all quite involved in Kyron’s schooling. This is, of course, my personal opinion.

(Having dealt with parents of the opposite ilk — “let it ride” types who don’t monitor homework and believe low C’s and D’s are passing, I prefer parents who are on top of things.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.