March 28, 2024, 09:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 368627 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2011, 08:13:20 AM »

Happy Easter everyone! Sure wish Kyron were home.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:29 AM »

Happy Easter to ALL the Monkeys!!!!  May God Bless you and your family (furry and all!) each and every day!  Get your bellies full with Easter dinner and good sweet and rest up, another week is coming!  Have a wonderful day!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »

Just wanted to add my 2¢ about the above image you all have been discussing.

Some people, when making a web page, do not properly resize images and use the html to resize them to the size they want it, without regard to proportions. That's what believe happened with this image at: http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/15/2nd-grade-boy-disappears-walking-down-school-hallway-to-class/

The image on the right is more like the original. The one on the left, has been resized just to fit the space on the page. (And looks squashed vertically..)

I think he looks normal, although the light reflections on his glasses does make his eyes appear somewhat blurred or watery when blown up.

Below is the original image they used for the close-up, and you can see his face is not all squashed and flattened.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #703 on: April 24, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »

Post by Lea Conner from BOC which, after reading, leaves me with two comments/questions:  1) the part where Lea said "Both Ms. Young and Mr. Horman rarely use Kyron’s first name and instead use the pronoun “he.”, reminds me of the times those of us post on Caylee Anthony's tread have taken note that the Anthony's, including Casey, referred often of Caylee as "that little girl"; and 2) we know Terri says she sent an email to the teacher asking "when" she could pick up the exhibit, but we don't know if the tearcher ever replied back...but...LE ended up taking the exhibit as evidence....do we know if there were other exhibits (other than Kyron's) still at the school at the end of the day on Friday?

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/

Lea Conner says:
April 23, 2011 at 9:21 pm
puzzled says: April 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm
“everyone’s been hearing this week about the iphones and androids storing usage data … think LE has all they need of TH’s travel and communication by her cell phone? being as KY works in IT, guessing he and TH would have the latest in phone gadgets, eh?”

Miss Bri says: April 23, 2011 at 2:19 pm
“I also assumed TMH and KH would have fairly new smartphones. KH and DY were asked if the emails sent to DY from TMH on June 4th could have been sent from her cell phone. At about 7:22 minutes in to the audio interview DY starts talking about the unusual amount of emails she received from TMH and at 8:05 minutes in KH says (in response to if the emails could have been sent from a phone) “She doesnt have…it came from her account, I dont think she has..(unable to make out the rest of the sentence)” I got the impression KH was saying TMH doesnt have email/internet service or capabilities (JMO).”

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

The issue with the iPhone is that the phone and the computer with which the phone is synced contain a file (consolidated.db) that logs highly detailed location data along with dates and times.
http://www.courbis.com/Location-iPhone-your-phone-is.html

This issue affects iPhone OS 4.X, for which the first beta software became available on April 8, 2010.
http://www.quickpwn.com/2010/04/download-iphone-os-4-0-beta-firmware.html

Given that Terri Horman apparently did not have an email-enabled cell phone, we can assume that she did not use an iPhone at the time of Kyron’s disappearance.

The consolidated.db issue is a bit of a red herring, as the same information is logged by cell phone providers, regardless of whether the location data is stored locally. In other words, your cell phone’s location is known to your cell phone provider regardless of whether you have an iPhone.

The audio from the Oregonian interview is very interesting, especially the very detailed account of why Terri Horman had to take Kaine Horman’s truck in order to ensure the science fair project arrived without any damage:

Reporter: “But why would she need a truck to pick up his science project? It wasn’t this enormous thing, right?”

Kaine Horman: “She took it [the truck] to drop it [the science fair project] off, too. Her trunk is relatively small, and she didn’t want it to get damaged.”

Desiree Young: “Yeah, it [the science fair project] wouldn’t have fit in her car.”

Kaine Horman: “It might have fit but it was the concern about damage with the diorama, and that with the truck, you can put it in the back of the cab and prop it up nice, and you can put the diorama on the seat, and there’s no risk of damage. So, she took it [the science fair project] in the truck [on Thursday June 3, 2010], too, so I didn’t think anything of it, because she went to take him [Kyron] to drop him off for the science fair and the display, it had to be on display for, until 10 o’clock [on Friday June 4, 2010]. So, why would she go drop him [Kyron] off and then leave him there and then leave with the truck and not pick up the science project? That makes no sense to me at all now. Didn’t think anything of it at the time. Her story was that they had walked through and done the project on Thursday, which I believe they had done.”

Desiree Young: “Yeah, correct.”

Kaine Horman: “They had done their reports on Thursday, but it [the science fair project] still had to be on display for the science fair.”

Desiree Young: “Correct.”

Kaine Horman: “So, she dropped him [Kyron] off, and took the truck to drop him off and pick it [the science fair project] up, but since it had to stay there, she left without the project. And, thinking about it now, it’s like, well, why would you need the truck to pick it up if it had to stay there? You pick it up after school. So, take the truck after school to go pick him [Kyron] up and the project, but why would you go pick up the project at 8:45 before the science fair even starts? It makes no sense.”

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/audio/interview.mp3

Neighbor confirmed that Kaine Horman was present at the school on Thursday June 3, 2010. That being the case, why does Mr. Horman discuss the issues as to Thursday as though he was never there and having to take Terri Horman’s word for it?

More important, if Kaine Horman was at the school on Thursday, he would have known that the science fair went until 10 am on Friday June 4, 2010, as it was posted on the school’s front reader board. If Mr. Horman failed to notice this — and so did Ms. Horman, then Mr. Horman cannot complain that Ms. Horman had some kind of evil intent, as not even he picked up on the timing issue.

Mr. Horman was at the school on Thursday, and he was present for the presentation regarding science fair projects. So, when Friday rolled around, Mr. Horman should have known that Ms. Horman would not need the truck, because Ms. Horman could take Mr. Horman’s truck after he returned home from work early afternoon, to pick up Kyron and his project.

On the other hand, Mr. Horman’s was present at the school on Thursday. Given that the did not think there was anything unusual about Ms. Horman’s alleged request to take the truck, can we deduce that both Mr. and Ms. Horman were mistaken as to the time when science fair projects could be picked up?

In my opinion, Mr. and Ms. Horman’s actions indicate that both of the Hormans mistakenly believed the projects could be picked up at 8:45 am. Under those facts, how can we attach any evil intent to Ms. Horman using the truck on Friday?

On a separate issue, it was interesting to hear how Mr. Horman and Ms. Young refer to Kyron. Both Ms. Young and Mr. Horman rarely use Kyron’s first name and instead use the pronoun “he.” Not that it means anything, but the parents I deal with use first names for their children much more frequently than Kyron’s parents.

I was also struck by the rather lengthy explanation of the science fair project. Is that normal for parents to go to such great lengths for a second-grade project made out of foam-core board and a shoebox, which though professional quality, could easily have been folded down and transported? Clearly, Ms. Young and Mr. Horman did not want that project to arrive — nor leave — with a single scratch. It just strikes me as a lot of drama.

If Mr. Horman and Ms. Young get that excited over foam-core board and a shoebox, is there any doubt that the rest of Kyron’s school progress would merit equal attention and monitoring? If so, does it stand to reason that Mr. Horman and Ms. Young were also monitoring Kyron’s color-card (behavioral) warnings at school?

I’m not saying that either of them did anything wrong, just that they seem like “helicopter parents” who are extremely involved and interested in their child’s progress. Given their detailed defense of the careful transport of the science fair project, I suspect that Mr. Horman, Ms. Young, and Ms. Horman were all quite involved in Kyron’s schooling. This is, of course, my personal opinion.

(Having dealt with parents of the opposite ilk — “let it ride” types who don’t monitor homework and believe low C’s and D’s are passing, I prefer parents who are on top of things.)

Oh my! This post really made me sad for some reason. Maybe cause it's gloomy outside; maybe it's the thought of DY and KH missing Kyle today and all they things they might have done together on Easter. Let's just say I disagree with the conclusions drawn here about people who are nothing like any of the Anthonys and are not trying to defend anyone that might have harmed a defenseless child.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #704 on: April 24, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »

Some people, when making a web page, do not properly resize images and use the html to resize them to the size they want it, without regard to proportions. That's what believe happened with this image at: http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/15/2nd-grade-boy-disappears-walking-down-school-hallway-to-class/

The image on the right is more like the original. The one on the left, has been resized just to fit the space on the page. (And looks squashed vertically..)

I think he looks normal, although the light reflections on his glasses does make his eyes appear somewhat blurred or watery when blown up.

Below is the original image they used for the close-up, and you can see his face is not all squashed and flattened.

Hi Brandi!

I agree about the resizing of pics on websites. They can make a pic appear distorted. Although there were only 2 references/comments to the pic, my reference was based on the original pic. I still think his eyes don't look right, and I'm not talking about the glare from the photo. JMO.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2011, 06:01:17 PM »

Oh my! This post really made me sad for some reason. Maybe cause it's gloomy outside; maybe it's the thought of DY and KH missing Kyle today and all they things they might have done together on Easter. Let's just say I disagree with the conclusions drawn here about people who are nothing like any of the Anthonys and are not trying to defend anyone that might have harmed a defenseless child.

BBM

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that statement. The Anthony family and the Horman/Moultan family, is like comparing apples to oranges. Totally different dynamics wrt how they have been handling themselves publicly and privately, IMO. You don't have to be like an 'Anthony' family to fall under suspicion or be suspect to information being withheld within the Kyron case. As far as I'm concerned, wrt Kyron going missing, you have to look at everyone and every thing.

I would like to understand what you are saying in that statement. Thanks Scatty! 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #706 on: April 24, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »

My comparision to Kyron and Caylee's relatives was ONLY wrt their word usage of calling Caylee "that little girl" and calling Kyron "he".  I believe that is made clear in my writing. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: April 25, 2011, 03:15:18 AM »

Kyron Horman's father thanks supporters with Easter egg hunt

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-Father-thanks-supporters-with-Easter-egg-hunt-120549099.html

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #708 on: April 25, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »

Meant to post this yesterday. Sorry.

A post from BOC.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-92/#comments

neighbor says:
April 22, 2011 at 11:13 pm

enumclawrose says:
April 22, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I totally get your concerns and I agree with your #3. #2 is a scary thought. WHO can you trust? Is there anyone? Small group, say people you feel confident weren’t there or couldn’t (no opportunity) have done this and maybe brain storm from there? See an attorney one time and get information about your rights and maybe how to formally go about this. I feel so badly for you. I do think this is your “moment” to act, not to put anymore pressure on you if that is possible, and (if it helps) I’m praying for you.

@Neighbor
What kept me so far is 1) I don’t know the right vehicle to do this; 2) SZ might end up be part of this group; 3) legal issues such as having “independent witnesses”. I still think that LE should have initiated a town hall meeting as B called it, but time has proven that they are not interested.

====
OK, here is the dilemma: I am told that LE thinks the accomplice is on “the list”. I learned this both 1st and 2nd hand (take this with a grain of salt, because I will not detail it.) That means that I suspect others as much as they might suspect me. Now assume that SZ would be in the meeting .. would you want this person to know who saw what and when?

The list:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9183.0

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: April 25, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »

Hi Brandi!

I agree about the resizing of pics on websites. They can make a pic appear distorted. Although there were only 2 references/comments to the pic, my reference was based on the original pic. I still think his eyes don't look right, and I'm not talking about the glare from the photo. JMO.

I used the pic because it was an up close shot of Kyron's face. I have looked at several pics of Kyron and in my opinion, his eyes look different in the science fair pic. Not referencing the glare at all, but his eyes, the shape of his eyes and the brightness he usually has when smiling is dimmed in this pic of him. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: April 25, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »

Thank you Puzzler for bringing that here. 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: April 26, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »

Here is the 2nd link/pic I was trying to post. I like this pic because it is up close. 

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/15/2nd-grade-boy-disappears-walking-down-school-hallway-to-class/

Pics posted from TG's request post.

Here ya go TG. The 2nd pic is the day he went missing. The one thing I thought of, in that pic, from the first time I saw it, was that his eyes didn't seem right. He seems to have this, almost dreamy look in his eyes.

I agree Sassi..he is semi smiling with his mouth, but not with the rest of his face..and his eyes look not just dreamy but something like the eyes of a kid on Benedryll or some other medicine.  This is not the happy Kyron proud of his scince fair project ..this is Kyron being told to smile and god knows what else that day.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: April 26, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »

My comparision to Kyron and Caylee's relatives was ONLY wrt their word usage of calling Caylee "that little girl" and calling Kyron "he".  I believe that is made clear in my writing. 

Sorry Puzzler. I read too much into it. It was the gloomy depressing day I think; I got weepy everytime I thought about this kid still missing instead of hunting for easter eggs. I shouldn't have been on a missing child site, let alone try to post on one while depressed. I'm sorry you got the brunt of my miserable mood.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: April 26, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

Sorry Puzzler. I read too much into it. It was the gloomy depressing day I think; I got weepy everytime I thought about this kid still missing instead of hunting for easter eggs. I shouldn't have been on a missing child site, let alone try to post on one while depressed. I'm sorry you got the brunt of my miserable mood.

No worries mate!!  Thank so much for the explanation.  I understand.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: April 26, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »

Here is the 2nd link/pic I was trying to post. I like this pic because it is up close. 

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/15/2nd-grade-boy-disappears-walking-down-school-hallway-to-class/

Pics posted from TG's request post.

Here ya go TG. The 2nd pic is the day he went missing. The one thing I thought of, in that pic, from the first time I saw it, was that his eyes didn't seem right. He seems to have this, almost dreamy look in his eyes.

I agree Sassi..he is semi smiling with his mouth, but not with the rest of his face..and his eyes look not just dreamy but something like the eyes of a kid on Benedryll or some other medicine.  This is not the happy Kyron proud of his scince fair project ..this is Kyron being told to smile and god knows what else that day.

See that is the thing, in most all of the pics I have come across, Kyron doesn't just smile with his mouth but his eyes light up, his face perks up. In the sf pic, his expression doesn't seem like the happy kid in the other pics. Not sure if he was having a bad morning, was not feeling well, was under the influence of some kind of drug, but it says to me something was not right. I honestly get a sick feeling when I look at it.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: April 26, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »

snipped from
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9317.msg1330900#msg1330900

OK, here is the dilemma: I am told that LE thinks the accomplice is on “the list”. I learned this both 1st and 2nd hand (take this with a grain of salt, because I will not detail it.) That means that I suspect others as much as they might suspect me. Now assume that SZ would be in the meeting .. would you want this person to know who saw what and when?

dont see a SZ on the list, or im not understanding the SZ reference
anyway with this 2nd hand info,ill have to go back and look for a
layout of inside the school i posted,and asked Neighbor,if the stairs
in the back of the gym,actually go down to the kit area,i have to go for
now,ill look for it later,thanks for the post sassi

the list

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: April 26, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »

snipped from

the list

cw, SZ refers to Subject Zero, an unknown possible perp.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

quote myself
snipped from

the list

hi neighbor, in lite of the 2nd hand info,could you look here and tell me if
the stairs i asked about are still accessible and working,or are they even a
set stairs,could you get pics of those areas,TY
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9317.msg1304001#msg1304001

akmom
cw, SZ refers to Subject Zero, an unknown possible perp.

i sorta remember that now
TY

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: April 27, 2011, 06:50:16 AM »

A post from BOC:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-95/#comments

Lea Conner says:
April 26, 2011 at 7:46 pm
Patricia says: April 26, 2011 at 3:51 pm

“In the Oregonian article by Maxine Berstein on 2/24/2011 she quotes Stanton as saying ‘The actual account of everyone and everything that was on that campus that day, we now know.’”
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/fbi_will_dedicate_up_to_six_ag.html
“So to me that says that LE believes that they are aware of every person and every vehicle that was there the day KY disappeared.”

In my opinion, Sheriff Staton’s statement does not mean that law enforcement is “aware of every person and every vehicle that was there…”

An explicit read of the statement (i.e. the meaning of the words on their face) is that law enforcement got reports (accounts) of “every person and every vehicle” at Skyline Elementary on June 4, 2010.

Staton states that law enforcement has awareness. He does not use the word knowledge. There is a big difference, i.e. I am aware of the fact that Neighbor lives in the Skyline area, but I have no knowledge of his/her name nor do I otherwise know anything about him/her.

For all we know, (hypothetically) there is a description of the nameless guy who delivers copier paper, got there at 11 am and left at 11:10 am.

This is consistent with Blink’s statement and the witness account of an unknown male seen with Kyron before he disappeared. Given that nobody has been arrested or charged, in all likelihood, nobody has a good description nor a name for the guy. However, law enforcement has interviewed everyone present and found out as much as they can about the person who was last seen with Kyron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idahogal says: April 26, 2011 at 3:26 pm
“@ERose- After reading your post and others, I remembered what Staton said in this KATU interview from Feb. 24, 2011:
(Snipped) Staton said investigators have followed 4,318 leads, 3,500 interviews have been done and there are 66 binders full of information about the case.
“All 490 people who were at Skyline have been interviewed. The 54 vehicles in the school parking lot have been identified and their owners interviewed, he said.
“And also snipped from this article on Feb. 24, 2011:
http://www.kgw.com/news/Sheriff-to-update-latest-on-Kyron-Horman-investigation-116491183.html
“In response to a query on whether the investigation was still on track, Multnomah County deputy district attorney Rod Underhill said yes.
“The goal, he said was ‘to create a case that is provable in a court of law to a standard of reasonable doubt. It is the highest standard available, relative to prosecution.’” (snipped)

Idahogal:

The grand jury that was convened follows the same laws as any other grand jury. There is no “highest standard available” except what is already stated in Oregon statute.

In other words, the grand jury is not giving this case special treatment. Law enforcement and prosecutors are doing everything they can to get an indictment. The fact that nobody has been arrested is not a statement as to the efforts made to find Kyron. It is a statement of the skill of the person who pulled this off.

As someone said previously, an “alcohol soaked housewife” would not be able to pull this off so skillfully.

In my mind, it does not follow that Terri Horman must have cooperated in order for the crime to have occurred. The profile Blink has set out is someone who knew Kyron and knew the family. For all we know, this person attended Kyron’s soccer games and volunteered at community events involving children.

Sex offenders make it their mission to get the child alone. That is not the parent’s fault that the sex offender harmed their child.

As we have all learned there are high profile volunteers (possibly past volunteers, at this point) in this school who have serious problems that, were parents aware of them, would probably be an issue to their involvement with children. People assume that the volunteers are screened. Even if they are, screening does not mean that the background check went further than a statewide check, nor does it mean that the school or organization conducted ongoing background checks.

Just as important, background checks are not shared with the parents. Scary stuff.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #719 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »

I wanted to make this post because I've had some suspicions/gut feelings about Kyrons glasses. When I've looked at all the photo's over and over again, I noticed how Kyrons face seems different, specifically in 2010. I couldn't pinpoint it until I started looking closer. Before you throw nanners at me, I realize that people can look different from photo to photo, but that's not what I was looking at. I was wondering how TH could possibly have done "horrible things" to Kyron, and the first thing I thought of was screwing around with his glasses. I could be wrong, but that's how it appears to me.

In November 2009, TH had a photo of Kyron with his square glasses that was labeled "At the eye doctor getting Kyron's glasses adjusted." See Link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1284523314226.2044075.1264414625#!/photo.php?fbid=1284531354427&set=a.1284523314226.2044075.1264414625&type=1&theater

In March of 2010, Kyron started wearing different frames. From March until June 2010, it appears to me that his frames change. It looks like 2 different frames.

March 2010

May 2010

June 2010 (The week before he went missing)

June 2010 (The day he went missing)

The line up:

The glasses from March and June 2010 (The week before he went missing), appear to be the same shape (Oval). The glasses from May 2010 and June 2010 (The day he went missing appear to be the same shape, but more squared and larger; the bottom of the frame seems to lay lower of the cheek area.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.