April 19, 2024, 11:34:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles Manson Follower Patricia Krenwinkel-Chance for Parole(DENIED)  (Read 5332 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 20, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110120/ap_on_re_us/us_manson_follower
Charlie Manson follower has slim chance at parole
January 20, 2011

AP – FILE - In this file photo taken Aug. 20, 1970, Charles Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel, center,

CORONA, Calif. – A follower of Charles Manson who has been imprisoned longer than any other woman in California is facing a parole hearing on her conviction in the Sharon Tate killings.

Grey-haired Patricia Krenwinkel, one of Manson's two surviving female followers, has maintained a clean prison record in her four decades behind bars, but her chances for release appear slim following the parole officials' rejections in other Manson cases.

Krenwinkel, 63, was convicted along with Manson and two other female followers in seven 1969 murders, considered among the most notorious crimes of the 20th Century.

None of those convicted has ever been paroled and one of them, Susan Atkins, died in prison last year after being denied compassionate release when she was terminally ill with cancer.

Leslie Van Houten, 61, the youngest of the women convicted, was long thought to be the most likely to win eventual release. But she was denied a parole date last summer by officials who said she had not gained sufficient insight into her crimes.

Parole boards have repeatedly cited the callousness, viciousness and calculation of the seven murders committed by members of the Manson Family.

Krenwinkel admitted during her trial that she chased down and stabbed heiress Abigail Folger at the Tate home on Aug. 9, 1969 and participated in the stabbing deaths of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca the following night, Both homes were defaced with bloody scrawlings. She was convicted along with Manson, Van Houten and Atkins. Another defendant, Charles "Tex" Watson was convicted in a separate trial.

All were sentenced to death but their sentences were commuted to life when the U.S. Supreme Court briefly outlawed the death penalty in 1972.

In her 40 years at the California Institution for Women, Krenwinkel has earned a bachelor's degree and participated in numerous self help programs as well as teaching illiterate prisoners how to read. In recent years, she has been involved in a program to train service dogs for the disabled.

She has had a discipline-free record in prison. But so have a number of other Manson followers who have been refused parole. Last year, a number of them came before parole panels but were turned away.

Manson follower Bruce Davis was able to win a parole date only to have it revoked by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger who said that his release would be a danger to society. The 67-year-old Davis was convicted of the 1969 murder of musician Gary Hinman but had no involvement in the Tate-LaBianca killings.

Robert Beausoleil, 63, also convicted in the Hinman murder, was denied parole last year and told to come back to the board in five years.

Cult leader Manson, 75, refused to appear at his most recent parole hearings where he was denied a release date. His multiple disciplinary violations and refusals to participate in rehabilitation activities make it likely that he will never be released. At times he has said that he does not want his freedom and considers prison his home.

Edit to add (Denied) to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:42:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »

http://www.corrections.com/news/article/27525-parole-denied-for-inmate-patricia-dianne-krenwinkel
Parole Denied for Inmate Patricia Dianne Krenwinkel
By California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
January 24, 2011

CORONA -- The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s Board of Parole Hearings (BPH) today denied parole for convicted killer and former Charles Manson associate Patricia Dianne Krenwinkel during a hearing at the California Institution for Women (CIW). Krenwinkel was convicted in 1971 of first-degree murder for her involvement in the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders.

Krenwinkel, 63, was convicted in Los Angeles County of seven counts of first-degree murder for the deaths of Sharon Tate-Polanski (who was seven months pregnant), Thomas Jay Sebring, Abigail Ann Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, Steven Earl Parent, and Leno and Rosemary La Bianca in 1969.

She originally received a death sentence, which was converted to life in prison by a California Supreme Court ruling that invalidated all death sentences prior to 1972.

This was her 13th appearance before the BPH panel since her incarceration. She is currently serving her sentence at the California Institution for Women in Corona. Krenwinkel will be up for her next parole review in seven years.

It's my hope that in seven years, any request for parole will again be denied.  And again.  And again.  I hope she never sees the outside of prison walls.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:13 AM »

Muffy, I agree.  I am glad she is doing something of worth in prison, but prison is where she needs to stay.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »

She can stay in prison until she dies. What she and the others did was so horrific, imo. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2716517/Charles-Manson-follower-Patricia-Krenwinkel-gives-camera-interview.html
'I wanted to feel loved and I was a coward': Charles Manson follower gives first on-camera interview from prison to explain why she felt compelled to brutally torture and murder innocent people
August 5, 2014
* Patricia Krenwinkel, 67, is serving a life sentence for the cult killings
* She is the longest-incarcerated female inmate in the California penal system
* Claims it was her Los Angeles childhood that affected her

Two years later on August 8, 1969 Manson and his 'Family' slaughtered Sharon Tate, the actress wife of Roman Polanski, eight and a half months pregnant, and three of her friends at her home above Beverly Hills.

Stephen Parent was a fifth victim that night - he had driven to the property to see if caretaker William Garreston wanted to buy his AM/FM Clock radio and had stayed on for a beer at the guest house.

He was shot multiple times when he wound down the window at the electric gate as he left.

The following night they butchered small business owners Leno and Rosemary La Bianca, in their home in Los Angeles.

Krenwinkel then wrote 'DEATH TO PIGS' in blood on the wall.

Krenwinkel was 22 when she was arrested in Mobile, Alabama, by then-Mobile police officers Billy McKeller and Sam McLarty in December 1969.

She admitted during her trial that she chased down and stabbed heiress Abigail Folger at the Tate home and participated in the stabbing deaths of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca the following night,

She was convicted along with Manson, Van Houten and Atkins.

Another defendant, Charles 'Tex' Watson was convicted in a separate trial.

All were sentenced to death but their sentences were commuted to life when the U.S. Supreme Court briefly outlawed the death penalty in 1972.

'At 23 I ended up on death row, I was in a cell 23 hours a day,' she recounts in the documentary.

'And I think It was at the point more than ever, all of a sudden having been on death row, and away from any influence of him that I was going to have to make the decision of my life and I would have to say that everything I had ever believed was now wrong.

'To do that was going to be the most difficult thing I had ever done because I would now have to be fully responsible for the damage, the wreckage and the horror.

'It is countless how many lives were shattered by the path of destruction that I was a part of and it all comes from such a simple thing as just wanting to be loved.

'The saddest part is my definition of love is totally skewed.

'Today I am who I choose to be. I take responsibility every day for every word I say, what I believe, what I do, I am who I am today.

'I learned choice at the most horrific cost.'

Krenwinkel has had parole denied several times.

In her 40 years at the California Institution for Women, she has earned a bachelor's degree and participated in numerous self help programs as well as teaching illiterate prisoners how to read. In recent years, she has been involved in a program to train service dogs for the disabled.

She has had a discipline-free record in prison.

None of those convicted has ever been paroled and one of them, Susan Atkins, died in prison last year after being denied compassionate release when she was terminally ill with cancer.

Photos at the link.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 02:02:04 AM »

Thanks Muffster Smile I checked to see if you posted it Smile

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »

Thanks Muffster Smile I checked to see if you posted it Smile

You're welcome Nut.   

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.