April 25, 2024, 02:42:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Missing 1-5-11, Lubbock, TX (Arrest-BODY FOUND)  (Read 31239 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13857223

Lubbock teenager missing, called "endangered runaway"

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 2:31 PM PST Updated: Jan 17, 2011 3:04 PM PST
Click image to enlarge

By James Clark - email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A Lubbock teenager is missing and classified as an "endangered runaway" by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.  Elizabeth Ennen, 15, has been missing since January 5th.  

Lubbock police confirmed late Monday that Elizabeth is still missing.

According to NCMEC, she might go by the nickname Beth or Lizzie.  She is described as a White female, 5'3", 135 pounds with sandy brown hair, and brown eyes.

If you can help locate her, please call 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or Lubbock Police at 806-775-2811.  (CLICK HERE) for a printable poster of Elizabeth Ennen

Edit to add (arrest) to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:05:28 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:36:15 PM »

Facebook link:

http://www.facebook.com/find.elizabeth.ennen

15-year-old Elizabeth Ennen went missing January 5th, 2011. Ennen was babysitting for close family friends at the Carriage House Motel that night. She was then dropped off by those friends at her home near 42nd and Avenue L at 1:30 in the morning. We're told she left her purse inside the car so the family went to return it to her, only to find out she never went inside her home. Ennen is also without her medication for a mental disorder. Her family fears the worst and they said not much has been done by authorities to help find their teenage daughter.

"There's times I do and times I don't," said Virginia Ennen, Elizabeth's mother. "Some of the time I feel like it was just being pushed to the side because they classified her as a runaway."

"You know a 15 year old girl, no purse, no cell phone, no clothes, she wasn't even wearing a heavy coat why aren't we looking harder?" asked Mary, Elizabeth's aunt.

If you know anything about Elizabeth Ennen's where abouts please call the Lubbock Police Department at 775-2873.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/find.elizabeth.ennen

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »

Comments from a local on the facebook page. IMO, this sounds like foul play.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/find.elizabeth.ennen

"Tonya Patterson Gooch :
I just noticed that she was babysitting at the Carriage House Motel. That's a little strange isn't it? Have they done an extensive search of that hotel and the room she was supposedly in? How carefully have they questioned the people that she was sitting for? That place has a lot of traffic in and out and is not th...e most respectable place. Wonder if they have questioned the employees of the place too?
See More
9 hours ago

Cricket Boyd:
no. the police haven't really talked to them. that is part of the frustration. they haven't questioned and searched the last person with her in the last place she was. they just decided that she ran away because she was 15 and on her front porch according to this person.
            6 hours ago ·

Tonya Patterson Gooch [b
]Thats a bunch of bs. Everyone knows that that is a crack hotel. Its nasty. Has been for years. Why would you have a teenage girl babysit there instead of taking your children to them in a safe environment? No way would I let even my 17 year old babysit at a motel. Especially not that one. Something is fishy about that. And at 130 am a 15 year old is not usually thinking about running away. Especially without her toiletries.[/b]
            3 hours ago ·

D'Jane Jones Brown
‎@Cricket ...Have they checked her computer, cell phone, etc....what about talking to neighbors or friends from school? Are they doing ANY type of investigating? If there was no talk of running away then in my opinion they shouldn't just assume that situation. Kids talk and usually if they're planning on running away they tell a close friend what they're planning."
            3 hours ago ·

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:51:18 AM »

This is a link to Elizabeth's mom's FB that she set up. Her Mother is named Virginia Ennen.

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=Virginia%20Ennen&init=quick&tas=0.8424316730595824#!/profile.php?id=735665509&sk=wall

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:39:25 AM »

I don't have my merge button anymore, but there is another thread like this in runaways. Just an FYI  

Okay, I've merged the thread Fanny Mae started with the one Klaasend started.  The two threads will be merged into one, with the thread Klaas started as the opening header, since she posted first, and made all "subject" lines at top same as first for simplicity.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:43:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »

We need a merge please..... I do not have my merge button:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9325.0

Done.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:40:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »

We need a merge please..... I do not have my merge button:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9325.0

Done.  MuffyBee

Thanks! I am a little rusty starting a new thread. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:56 PM »

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13889540

Lubbock teen kidnapped, still missing, suspect arrested
1:48 

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – Lubbock Police say a local girl is no longer called an endangered runaway.  Instead police now believe that Elizabeth Ennen, 15, was kidnapped more than two weeks ago.

Friday night police arrested Humberto Salinas, 45, on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. He had been brought in on unrelated traffic charges, and he was arrested at the police station for the kidnapping.

Police say during their investigation it became apparent the Elizabeth was not a runaway and she had been taken against her will on January 5th by Salinas. "We feel sure that he is involved in her disappearance, and right now we're hoping for the best and that somebody can help us find her," said Greg Stevens, Lubbock Police Department.

Elizabeth's aunt says she was babysitting Salinas' children at the Carriage House Motel but she never made it home. She went missing without her purse, cell phone and medication she needed.

While Salinas is behind bars, Elizabeth is still missing. "Our detectives are conducting a kidnapping investigation, not a homicide. We need the public's help in locating Elizabeth," said Stevens. "Our paramount concern right now is finding her, so if anybody has seen her or knows anything about this case please call us."

Elizabeth is described as a White female, 5'3", 135 pounds with sandy brown hair, and brown eyes.  According to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, she might go by the nickname Beth or Lizzie.

If you can help find Elizabeth please call Crimeline at 806-741-1000, or 9-1-1.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:06:10 PM »

Humberto Salinas

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »

Thank you for the update SuzieQ.  This is a very sad development.  I'm moving this from " Missing Endangered Runaways" to Missing Persons.  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2011-01-22/police-search-missing-lubbock-girl-arrest-suspect
Police search for missing Lubbock girl, arrest suspect
January 22, 2011

Source: National Center For Missing & Exploited Children
Ennen

A Lubbock man was charged with kidnapping a 15-year-old girl who was for weeks listed as a runaway, Lubbock police announced Saturday.

Authorities Saturday were searching for Elizabeth Ennen, 15, after they believe she was kidnapped Jan. 5 during a baby-sitting job at the Carriage House motel in Southeast Lubbock, said Lubbock police Capt. Greg Stevens.

Ennen is described as white, about 5 feet, 3 inches tall, about 135 pounds with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes.

Police late Friday arrested 45-year-old Humberto Maldonado Salinas Jr. on a count of aggravated kidnapping in connecting with Ennen’s disappearance.

Police initially listed Ennen as a runaway after her mother reported her missing on January 5. The 15-year-old did not return home after a baby-sitting job at the motel.

Stevens said police found evidence leading investigators to believe Ennen was kidnapped by Salinas, though Stevens would not release details about the evidence.

Salinas is a relative of Ennen’s boyfriend and was a resident of the Carriage House in the 900 block of East Slaton Road, Stevens said. He wouldn’t confirm if Ennen’s baby-sitting job involved Salinas or his room at the motel.

Salinas was in the Lubbock County Detention Center Saturday in lieu of $250,000 bail.

Police urge anyone with information about Ennen to call Lubbock police person crimes detectives at 775-2788 or Crime Line at 741-1000. Callers may remain anonymous.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

Note:  This article doesn't make mention of the arrest late Friday of Humberto Maldonado Salinas Jr. on a count of aggravated kidnapping in connection with Elizabeth Ennen's disappearance.  It appears the article preceded the arrest, which is noted in articles previously posted in this thread, but I thought this article contained information that some would like to know about.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/elizabeth-ennen-another-missing-teen-texas-police-say-they-re-investigating
Elizabeth Ennen 'Endangered': Police investigating another missing Texas teen
January 21, 2011

Elizabeth Ennen 'Endangered': Police investigating another missing Texas teen

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Lubbock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox confirmed Friday that detectives are investigating another missing teen case, this time out of Lubbock, Texas.

Two teenage girls have recently gone missing under suspicious circumstances in Texas, Hailey Dunn from Colorado City, Texas, who disappeared Dec. 27, and Elizabeth Ennen of Lubbock, Texas, who disappeared just nine days later on Jan. 5. Colorado City and Lubbock are about two hours away from each other.

Elizabeth went missing Jan. 5 after babysitting for her older boyfriend's family, Luddock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox told Examiner.com Friday morning.

Elizabeth babysat the children at the Carriage House Motel where her boyfriend's family was living at the time, he said. The Carriage House Motel is located just off Hwy 27 and the 289 Loop.

After babysitting, Elizabeth was dropped off in front of her home late at night, around 1:30 a.m. Her home is located near the corner of 42nd and Avenue L, about seven miles north of the motel.

Elizabeth reportedly forgot her purse in the car. When the people she babysat for noticed the purse, they went to return it to her.

That’s when they learned Elizabeth never made it inside her house, and she was reported missing shortly after by her mother, Virginia Ennen. Police classified her case a "runaway."

The Center of Missing and Exploited Children have listed Elizabeth as an "endangered runaway" on their website.

Elizabeth vanished without her purse, cell phone, medication, coat, or any of her personal items. It was reported temperatures dipped into the high 20s in Lubbock that night.

Scroll down for more complete details surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance, as well as a description of Elizabeth and contact information for police. Click on "Subscribe" button above to receive email notifications of this author's Missing Persons articles.

Lubbock Police Update

In a phone inquiry to Lubbock Police about Elizabeth's case, Lt. Cox told this Examiner.com reporter late Thursday afternoon,  “The circumstances surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance sound suspicious to me.” He said he would review Elizabeth’s case and call back Friday with an update.

As promised, Lt. Cox called Friday. "I've had a chance to review the case and speak to detectives. Elizabeth's case remains active.”

"I've reviewed the report and detectives are investigating and following up on leads. They are reviewing Elizabeth's cell phone records and have talked to potential witnesses, including Elizabeth’s friends and family. They are contacting her friends again," Lt. Cox said.

He added, “When a girl is missing 17 days under suspicious circumstances, it has to be investigated.”

“Detectives believe Elizabeth is a runaway and that she’s in no danger. However, they are not willing to take a chance and are investigating,” he said.

Lt. Cox confirmed the details surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance.

“Detectives have been talking with Elizabeth’s older boyfriend. They will exhaust all means before giving up on the search for Elizabeth,” Lt. Cox said.

Lt. Cox confirmed Elizabeth was babysitting at the Carriage House Motel. He said it's a place that rents rooms for cheap and that people can rent rooms by the week.

Asked why Elizabeth was babysitting there, Lt. Cox said her boyfriend’s family was living at the motel at the time of Elizabeth’s disappearance.

"That's why Elizabeth was babysitting there," Lt. Cox said.

Concern was raised on the Facebook page about the Carriage House Motel located just off Hwy 289 in Lubbock. People questioned whether it was a safe place to leave a teenager to babysit young children.

It's in what some people call a rough part of town.

Several reviews on the Trip Adviser website confirmed those concerns. One potential customer said, “I was scared to stay there,” another said they would rename the motel the “Crack House Inn.” Click here for reviews.

Asked if he knew why Elizabeth’s mother feels her daughter’s case has been ignored, Lt. Cox said, “We have some 45 new runaway cases. Most of the time these kids run off to their boyfriend or girlfriend’s family or friends and are later found. When it goes on this long it’s got to be investigated.”

He also said Elizabeth’s case had not seemed unusual in the detectives’ eyes.

Lt. Cox added, “A lot of time people take in runaways, and you can’t arrest them all for trying to be good Samaritans.”

Circumstances surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance

Elizabeth babysat for close friends Wed., Jan. 5, and was dropped off at her home in Lubbock near 42nd and Avenue L, two blocks west of Interstate 27, in the middle of the night at around 1:30 a.m.

She forgot her purse inside their car, and was not wearing a coat. According to WeatherUnderground.com, temperatures dropped into the high 20’s that night.

When the family bringing Elizabeth home noticed she had forgotten her purse, they went to her home to return it to her. Once they arrived, they discovered she had never made it inside.

Elizabeth's mother said she does not have her medication with her, and that she doesn't believe Elizabeth would take off, and especially without her purse and other personal belongings.

According to the Facebook page set up as an informational and support site for Elizabeth’s family, Elizabeth’s mother said she was on medication for a mental illness.

As the days pass, her family fears the worst.

"You know a 15 year old girl, no purse, no cell phone, no clothes, she wasn't even wearing a heavy coat. Why aren't we looking harder?" asked Mary, Elizabeth's aunt.

Reports indicate Elizabeth's mother feels her daughter's case has been pushed to the side because she was classified as a runaway. According to Lt. Cox, the case is now being actively investigated.

A Facebook page has been set up: Find Elizabeth Ennen: Missing from Texas.

Description

Name: Elizabeth Ennen
Nicknames: Beth, Lizzie
DOB: May 17, 1995
Date Missing: Jan. 5, 2011
Sex: Female
Race: White
National Center Case #: NCMC1163199
Hair: Sandy
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135 pounds

Who to contact

Anyone with information about Elizabeth's whereabouts should call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or the Lubbock Police Department at (806) 775-2811 or (806) 775-2865.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:01:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/elizabeth-ennen-another-texas-teen-missing-mother-begging-for-help-to-find-her
Elizabeth Ennen: Another Texas teen missing, mother begging for help to find her
January 21, 2011

(snipped)
n a phone conversation with Lubbock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox late Thursday afternoon, he told this author that he would review what, if anything, was being done in Elizabeth's case.

Upon hearing of the circumstances surrounding Elizabeth's disappearance - that she was babysitting at the Carriage House Motel, dropped off at her home around 1:30 a.m., forgot her purse in the car, and when the people she was babysitting for went to her home to return her purse, they learned she'd never made it inside - Lt. Cox said, "It sounds suspicious to me."

He said his department has about 45 new runaways, and that he believes Elizabeth's case, too, was classified as a runaway.

Lt. Cox said he would review the case and call back on Friday, at which time Examiner.com will provide an update.

The Facebook page Find Elizabeth Ennen: Missing from Texas was set up for information and support for her family.(snipped)

It's interesting  45 year-old Humberto Maldonado Salinas Jr. was arrested late Friday night on the aggravated kidnapping charge.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »

My daughter is almost 21 years old, and when I take her home, I STILL wait out front of the house until I see with my own two eyes, her opening and closing her door, and only then will I drive away. Why did they not wait to make sure Elizabeth made it in the house? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »

I had to read through the latest articles a couple of times to figure out who Humberto Salinas Jr. was, and I found what I was looking for:
http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2011-01-22/police-search-missing-lubbock-girl-arrest-suspect
(snip)
Salinas is a relative of Ennen’s boyfriend and was a resident of the Carriage House in the 900 block of East Slaton Road, Stevens said. He wouldn’t confirm if Ennen’s baby-sitting job involved Salinas or his room at the motel.(snip)

And there's also mention of Elizabeth's boyfriend being older. I wonder how much older?
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/elizabeth-ennen-another-missing-teen-texas-police-say-they-re-investigating
(snip)Elizabeth went missing Jan. 5 after babysitting for her older boyfriend's family, Luddock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox told Examiner.com Friday morning.(snip)

I have a lot of questions, particularly after reading the examiner article I've snipped and linked above in this post.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 10:20:09 PM »

Man Arrested for Kidnapping Lubbock Teen, Girl Still Missing

Lubbock police arrested a man accused of kidnapping a 15-year-old Elizabeth Ennen. While a suspect is behind bars, the girl remains no where to be found.
Before Saturday, Ennen was considered an endangered runaway. Law enforcement now believes she's the victim of a kidnapping.

Humberto Salinas, 45, has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and is in the Lubbock County jail. It's unclear why police arrested him for the crime.

Ennen is described as a white female, 5'3", 135 pounds with sandy brown hair, and brown eyes. According to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, she might go by the nickname Beth or Lizzie.

Ennen went missing January 5 after she went to a baby-sitting job at the Carriage House Motel.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334196
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »

I was reading some comments on the Elizabeth Ennen FB page and apparently the son was also arrested.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »

I don't know why, but every time I try to post the link, it goes to my FB page. 

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13889540

Lubbock teen kidnapped, still missing, suspect arrested
1:48 

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – Lubbock Police say a local girl is no longer called an endangered runaway.  Instead police now believe that Elizabeth Ennen, 15, was kidnapped more than two weeks ago.

Friday night police arrested Humberto Salinas, 45, on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. He had been brought in on unrelated traffic charges, and he was arrested at the police station for the kidnapping.

Police say during their investigation it became apparent the Elizabeth was not a runaway and she had been taken against her will on January 5th by Salinas. "We feel sure that he is involved in her disappearance, and right now we're hoping for the best and that somebody can help us find her," said Greg Stevens, Lubbock Police Department.

Elizabeth's aunt says she was babysitting Salinas' children at the Carriage House Motel but she never made it home. She went missing without her purse, cell phone and medication she needed.While Salinas is behind bars, Elizabeth is still missing. "Our detectives are conducting a kidnapping investigation, not a homicide. We need the public's help in locating Elizabeth," said Stevens. "Our paramount concern right now is finding her, so if anybody has seen her or knows anything about this case please call us."

Elizabeth is described as a White female, 5'3", 135 pounds with sandy brown hair, and brown eyes.  According to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, she might go by the nickname Beth or Lizzie.

If you can help find Elizabeth please call Crimeline at 806-741-1000, or 9-1-1.

Muffy in the article I posted BBM above, her aunt said it was Salinas' children that Elizabeth was baby sitting.

2 4 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.