April 25, 2024, 01:31:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #5 1/28/11 - 2/05/11  (Read 170343 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »

The timeline that she provided has too much Shawn says in it for my liking.
I printed a copy off and why did he go back to CCity ? That part did not print off, to access what ?
Did his cell ping in Dunn, where his GrandMa lives ? 
He left work, then he went to Dunn, then he went to CCity only coming into CCity to access ? and then he went to Big Spring to his Mother's. I do not recall seeing that his cell pinged in Dunn. Just CCity.

The Billie explanation to this is that he drove down Dunn  (presumably on 208) and his phone would have pinged on the same tower as Colorado City. She did say afterwards, he drove down to I-20 and then to Big Spring. I'm not saying I believe her, I'm just reporting. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »

Billie Dunn holds press conference

A woman said she spotted Hailey Dunn the night she disappeared, walking with a friend and a teenage boy, Dunn's mother said today in a news conference.

MORE....

http://sweetwaterreporter.com/content/billie-dunn-holds-press-conference

Who was the woman? And didn't the LE say that had been investigated? Is the girl suppose to be Mary Beth? If it is true that it was Mary Beth and it was true it was unfounded, I think Billie is lucky to have a hair left on her head.
Edit to correct name.  MB
Speaking of Billie's hair, Dollar Store sells Barretts. That hank of hair hanging in your face was not attractive or sexy, and was very distracting. JMO

Who was Elizabeth? S/B Mary Beth

She was the other best friend of Hailey's who was reported to be with Hailey and the unknown boy. I think it was mentioned in the raw video.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWUhh0ZZaM
Note:  The friend is not named in the youtube.  MB
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:22:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »

A woman said she spotted Hailey Dunn the night she disappeared, walking with a friend and a teenage boy, Dunn's mother said today in a news conference.

MORE....

Who was the woman? And didn't the LE say that had been investigated? Is the girl suppose to be Elizabeth? If it is true that it was Elizabeth and it was true it was unfounded, I think Billie is lucky to have a hair left on her head.

Speaking of Billie's hair, Dollar Store sells Barretts. That hank of hair hanging in your face was not attractive or sexy, and was very distracting. JMO

Who was Elizabeth?

FANNY-  When you say "Elizabeth", do you mean Mary Beth?  By Shawn's account, Hailey said she was going to go by her Dad's and then over to her friend Mary Beth's house.

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

DUNN:   She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »

MORE....

Who was the woman? And didn't the LE say that had been investigated? Is the girl suppose to be Elizabeth Mary Beth? If it is true that it was Elizabeth  Mary Beth and it was true it was unfounded, I think Billie is lucky to have a hair left on her head.

Who was Elizabeth?

She was the other best friend of Hailey's who was reported to be with Hailey and the unknown boy. I think it was mentioned in the raw video.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWUhh0ZZaM

'scuze me MUFFY. It was Mary Beth. It is in the Billie timeline.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images/Multi_Media/bigcountryhomepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie%20Dunn%20timeline.PDF

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2011, 08:58:24 PM »

Comments as I view Billie's statement & what my immediate observations are:

1)  Her statement to her daughter is flat & too many umms.  She gets choked up but she doesnt break down, now given that its 5 weeks later that may or may not be significant BUT her throat gulps, voice cracks, she put her hand over her mouth during this "praying for or wishing you were in my living room" and her nervousness shows by her constantly touching her hair (could be due to not be accustomed to speaking in front of an audience OR nervous about the lies she is putting forward).   When she states that she is proud that God chose her to be her mother, it isnt past tense per se but it indicates she is reflecting in the past tense.

2)  She is blaming LE & the media of being inaccurate & "cutting and pasting" interviews which puts out there what she has said "out of context," which is very interesting since it was her boyfriend & her that both failed a LD test.  She cannot sugarcoat this, she had made contradicting statements LIVE & that was not edited.  She spends the majority of time defending herself & Shawn which inandofitself is twisted...if her main concern is finding out what happened to Hailey she would not be CONSUMED with having to defend herself.   IMHO, this presser was made to defend more than it was to keep her daughter's "missing person" case active & in the forefront.   It also seems quite apparent that this chick wouldnt know the legal definition for defamation of character or slander until someone else put it in her head...because quite frankly she fell out of the stupid tree long before something happened to Hailey.

3)  When she talks about Christmas, she lets everyone know that Hailey spent Christmas with Clint but she made a "small dinner" for them the next day and "everyone pretty much got what they asked for."   Note to Billie, that detail of you providing gifts to your children for Christmas is both unnecessary & only to make you appear to be a "good mother" but is totally irrelevant to the case.   But defend on...it wont change what you could have prevented.

4)   She chalks up her inconsistencies to David stating that he left at 9 and she said 6 or 7.   O no no no....that doesnt even begin to cover it.

5)  AGAIN, she claims to be upset that Hailey didnt call her to tell her she was at MB's but she wasnt worried...hello, if that thought crossed her mind as a mother she should have called to check up on her young teen daughter, PERIOD....again defending herself.

6)  She claims Clint never called PD like she asked him to...there is no way to verify she even asked that so what an easy thing to put on Clint, to be fair I'd like to hear his recollection & what they both told police regarding that.

7)  Id like to hear from any parent Billie spoke to on the 28th asking about Hailey's whereabouts, to date we have not heard from not a one.

Now we hear that Shawn was called Tuesday (28th) around 3 and met them at the house around 4 but where was he?   She then claims that she "knew" that Shawn was thinking about quitting his job....ok, what is wrong here?   Shawn wasnt fired & his boss didnt claim he quite on the 27th.   It should be noted here that Billie should not have to be reading from a script to detail this 5 weeks later & many questions inquiring about recollection by now, but she cant even keep that straight with an assisted typed up statement...geez.   She bounced to this and then went back the 27th, curious as to why when she is reading off a page.

Cool  She explains how David got in, Hailey had hit the glass with a basketball.   She passes off the exchange of Shawn coming out of Billie's bedroom where had been watching TV, she stated that they all exchanged greetings as if it was nothing despite knowing David said that Shawn had that "deerlight" startled look.  OK, so from that she back to defending herself over NY's eve and states that them having a party is "an absurdity."

9)  She is literally NOT helping the investigation whatsoever being critical of LE dismissing "witness" accounts, in fact she has to know by now that much of what has been said was determined to not be credible.   She claims a woman came by with her Red Box receipt of 8:36PM, well so what and big deal...it doesnt prove that she indeed saw Hailey or anyone else for that matter.   Evidently Billie is totally ignorant to LE protocol regarding putting out descriptions of POI's & she obviously is glossing over the fact that if LE knew of something credible that they in conjunction with the FBI who is assisting on this case would have been on it sooner than she had this very belated presser.

10)  When she states she isnt deflecting attention of anyone, she most certainly is or she wouldnt have felt it necessary to clarify.

11)  Her thank you's, while she hasnt asked for money she greatly appreciates those who want to help HER.   She then slams those demanding/begging for money & who have never held down a job...to me she is directly talking about Clint & states once again that she has always supported her children by herself & will return to work as soon as she is able.    Even if that is completely true, she took the time to make that slam when her focus should be on finding out what happened to her daughter who never should have been at risk to begin with.

12)  When asked about her relationship presently with Shawn, there was a long hesitation before minimizing it to "friendly" and that they talked on the phone.   IMHO, this presser was all about diverting attention elsewhere, protecting Shawn & herself, defending Shawn & herself in the hopes whether Hailey is found or not that her precious psycho boo can return home to her...to me, she is ignorant, self-absorbed & repulsive.

I also find it very peculiar that this single mom had NO ONE there to support her, not a relative nor her son....certainly not her precious psycho boo.   In so many cases parents/families are together during these pressers...not to mention LE support & back up....just saying.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »

Fanny ... there was nobody ... no friend ... no family member ... standing with Billie Dunn at her press conference as she attempted to put forth a convincing chain of events in the disappearance of her daughter ... a convincing chain of events that distances Shawn Adkins from all his deception ... his lies ... regarding his actions ... his whereabouts ... on the morning of December 27th.

Billie ... denying the revealed affidavit is something akin to denying your belly button.  Everytime you look down it is still there.

Janet

I noticed that too Janet. And at every interview I haven't seen anyone but maybe one person who was present during a local interview inside Billie's house. She seems to have a lot of family who lives close by. Everyone seems to be distancing themselves from her. She's probaly ostracized everyone she knows because of the changes in her since she started teaching Shawn all those worldly ways. 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »

Hi Wise Monks,

Does anyone know if Shawn usually took BJD to work?  She got a ride with a co-worker on the 27th, but he took her on the 28th.  Of course he was unemployed on the 28th, but did BJD know that at the time or did she find out later?

Also, why is there no indication of SA's activities on BJD's timeline after he dropped her off at 7:00?  Those inconsistencies are a concern to me.  If she is so meticulous about his whereabouts on Monday, why does she completely omit him from most of the next day?

BJD sorta answers my first question -- but now I have a bigger one.  She says she told David to text Hailey to come home and then called back immediately to say that Hailey wasn't there.  How did he know that?  If he had texted Hailed or even called her, there would have been no response.  But she says David knows that Hailey has not spent the night with the friend.  How does he know this unless he actually contacted that household.  But she doesn't say that he called, but that she told him to text.  If he had texted, how long would he have waited for a response?  He wouldn't have immediately called his mother or even the other parent's.  He would have given Hailey a few minutes to get back to him, wouldn't he?

Hi Flutter1

Billie Dunn stated that she requested David to text Mary Beth.  There was only one cell phone and ... David was using it.

I do not believe at this point in time that Billie had clued in that anything was wrong.

On the January 3rd Nancy Grace show ... Billie was still under the impression that Shawn had gone to work.  On January 4th ... she had been clued in that Shawn had been deceptive.

Janet

+++++

David Texts Mary Beth

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

<snipped>

Shawn was at Work

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

DUNN:   She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

<snipped>

Shawn was Fired

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: OK. Last night, didn`t you tell me he was on his way home from work, or did I just get that mistaken?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I said that. He went in Monday morning, but there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a big blow-up there. He walked out. He left his job by 6:30 in the morning and went to Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Except in the press conference she gave today she clearly stated she knew on the 29th that he "quit" his job and was just going to clean out his locker, so why did she even lie about this period on NG?

She continues to dig a hole for herself IMO.....

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2011, 09:12:47 PM »

I printed a copy off and why did he go back to CCity ? That part did not print off, to access what ?
He left work, then he went to Dunn, then he went to CCity only coming into CCity to access ? and then he went to Big Spring to his Mother's. I do not recall seeing that his cell pinged in Dunn. Just CCity.

then he went to CCity only coming into CCity to access ?  to access I-20 which is the interstate that runs between Colorado City and Big Spring. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2011, 09:13:14 PM »

Good analogy JANET wrt belly button, I am at a loss for words after watching the PC that Billie gave using her scattered memory and a SUSPECT's recollection (I guess his atty lets fer speak to him now), grrrrrrr, I need a drink but Belimom @ WS posted a transcript....grrrrrr again

(Something about reading it?)…because I don’t want to forget anything. I want to give a complete very detailed statement of everything that went on – on the day before, the day Hailey disappeared, and the day after. Just everything I could remember.

I want to thank everyone for coming this afternoon and giving me the opportunity to make a statement. First, I want to speak directly to Hailey in case she’s listening. Wherever you are Hailey, I’m looking for you. Hundreds of people are looking for you. We all want you home safe. I just want to see you and touch your beautiful face. I really love you. I desperately need you home. There’s not a minute that goes by that I’m not praying for you or crying, wishing you were in my living room. I can’t handle not knowing where you are or if you’re safe. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid my eyes on and I’m very proud that God chose me to be your mother.

(inaudible)

If someone out there has Hailey, please let her go. Just turn her loose. Drop her off at a church or school, police station. Anywhere that she can get to a phone and call police or call her family. Even if… anyone has any information on Hailey’s whereabouts or where she might be, please call the police. Even if they think the information is not relevant or too small to worry about, or that it’s already been reported, please call it in anyway. Any information you might have may tie something together or make something click for investigators.

Someone out there knows where Hailey is or knows something that can help find her.

I feel like I need to go over the days surrounding Hailey’s disappearance again for different reasons. Many people who are not close to the case seem to be confused because there are so many conflicting accounts of what actually happened. After watching many of the interviews, I’m beginning to see why myself. I have yet to see an entire interview aired or printed. They are cut or pasted, edited for time and space. And often I’m not quoted in correct context. My words are sometimes picked apart and twisted around in such a way that I don’t even (inaudible). I’ve been flat out called a liar by some people. Others speculate on my possible involvement in Hailey’s disappearance or wonder if I’m covering up for somebody. Some people accuse me of withholding information and of not cooperating with law enforcement. These things are not true but I now feel that I have to defend myself from ridiculous accusations, slander, or defamation of character.

With that said, I want to start out by saying that there was no blowout on Christmas, there were no arguments or disagreements. Everyone was getting along fine. And everyone pretty much got exactly what they asked for. On Sunday, Dec 26, Hailey returned home around noon after spending the night with Clint. I cooked a small Christmas dinner for the four us. WE ate around 2:00. After dinner, we all just relaxed and hung out. I was just a nice, quiet enjoyable lazy day. Later in that evening around 8 o r9, DD left to spend the night with a friend. That’s where some of the inconsistencies with family comes along. DD says he left at 9 o’clock at night, I was saying he left at 6 or 7. That’s the inconsistencies. Shawn and I were watching TV in our bedroom. Hailey was playing a xBox game in DD’s room. Around 10 o’clock I saw that Hailey was in her room watching TV. I told her good night and I went to bed.

On Monday Dec 27, Shawn left the house at 5:30. My alarm was going off around the time he was telling me bye. I got up and got ready for work. I usually leave the house around 6:20. When my ride didn’t show up, I called her to see what was keeping her. I peeked in at Hailey b/c I’m used to seeing her asleep on the couch. She wasn’t there and I remembered ‘oh yeah, she’s in her room’. I peeked in and it was dark, but her TV was on. And it definitely pacified me. I didn’t touch her but I seen my daughter and felt good. I came into the living room to wait on my ride.

I left the house around 6:30 and got to work about 7:-00. Shawn called me while I was at work that afternoon. I asked him about the kids. He told me that DD wasn’t home yet and that Hailey had left to go to Clint’s and then was going to a friend’s to spend the night. Normally I work 7 to 7 but I left work early that Monday. We had a staff meeting and the person that was usually there to relieve me was there at the meeting and offered to cover the rest of my shift since she was already there. I called Shawn to make sure he would be there to pick me up. We left the hospital about 6:15. We stopped by the ATM close to the hospital to get some money out because I was running short on cash, then we went by mom’s house to check on her, see if she needed anything. Shawn and I still got back to CCity about 7:30 that evening. And we were probably in bed by 9:00. DD came in to stay good night sooner after. I was kind of upset that Hailey hadn’t called me, confirmed that Shawn had let me know that she was staying the night with a friend. But I wasn’t worried about her. I went to bed.

Tuesday morning on the 28th, Shawn and I both got up around 5:30. WE left the house together about 6:20 to go to work. It’s not unusual for Shawn to take me to work. He always has to be there by 7:00. Sometimes he had to go in earlier but he was always told the night before and I would arrange to get another ride on those days.

He dropped me off at the hospital at 7:00. Around noon I called DD on my cell phone I had left at home. He told me Hailey wasn’t home yet so I asked him to text her friend, see if Hailey was there, tell her to go ahead and tell her to come home. He called me back within a few minutes to say that Hailey hadn’t been there and hadn’t stayed the night there. I then told him to walk over to Clint’s to check with him – Clint’s phone was broke. So he walked over there and called me back. Told me that Naomi said Hailey had been over there for a minute on Monday but didn’t say the night. I told DD to give the phone to Clint. After telling Clint how worried I was, I told him I was going to get a ride home and report Hailey missing to the police. I asked him to call the PD and let them know that I was coming. He agreed to make the call but for some reason he never did. My sister-in-law gave me a ride home from Snyder to CCity. I stopped at the house first to make sure Hailey hadn’t come back home. Grabbed my cell phone, started texting Hailey’s friends while my sister-in-law took me around to a couple of their houses before going to the police station. I got home from the police station around 3:00. Shawn called me on my cell and talked to David who told him what all was going on. So Shawn left and got the house around 4:00, with me and David. Officer Alexander arrived shortly after to take a more detailed report from me.

I’ve just told you everything I know first hand. The rest I learned later, either from DD or from Shawn. I’m going to touch briefly on that. Monday morning Shawn quit his job. He didn’t tell me about this until Wednesday the 29th. I knew that Shawn had been thinking about quitting but he knew I was would mad if he did. He told me that he went into work Monday, turning in his coveralls and to clean out his locker. Then he went to his grandmother’s house in Dunn but they didn’t answer the door. So he came down to I-20 – he didn’t come into CCity – just I-20 and then went to Big Spring. He got to Big Spring before 8:00 and he knows that because his mother hadn’t left for work yet. He stayed there until just after 2:00. When he left to come to Colorado City, Shawn said that… Around 2:00 he left to come to Colorado City. Shawn said that he didn’t get home until around or a little after 3:00. Hailey left just about 15 minutes after he got there. DD told me that he and a friend came home Monday sometime between 4:00 and 5:00. The door was locked. He knocked for several minutes before reaching in through - the glass had been broken out - Hailey broke it with a basketball. He reached in through there and unlocked the door. When DD and his friend walked into the house Shawn was coming from my bedroom where he had been watching TV. They all said ‘hi, what’s up’ to teach other and then DD and… Shawn returned to my bedroom and DD and his friend went to DD’s room. Shawn remained home until he left to go pick me up from work.

One other thing that I want to mention is that it has been reported that we hosted a New Year’s Eve party at our house. This is an absurdity beyond belief. Members of my family were at my house to be with me in this time of distress and to worry about Hailey.

While I sincerely appreciate the time and effort of law enforcement agents, that law enforcement agents (inaudible) investigate Hailey’s disappearance, I do not understand why they seem to have disregarded all of the witnesses who have come forward to say they saw Hailey on Monday Dec 27th. Two of my neighbors came forward to say they saw Hailey in my back yard around noon. Another neighbor said he saw Hailey and a small dark boy, probably Naomi’s son, two times between 10:30 and noon. A woman who knows Hailey and the friend she was supposed to spend the night with saw them both walking together in front of Alco around 8:30pm. This woman was returning a movie to the Redbox and passed by them. She still had a receipt and brought it by and showed it to me the other day with the date of the 27th and the time of 8:36.

I also don’t understand law enforcement’s reluctance to publicly name any other person(s) of interest and if for whatever reason they are unable to locate someone to question them, then why not take advantage of the media to get their name and description out and let the public find them. Investigators keep telling me about numerous other people that they are interested in questioning but there is no sense of urgency to actually get it done. It has been over a month since Hailey has disappeared. Knowing that someone might have information about Hailey but law enforcement have still not gotten around to question them is (disturbing?) me. While I am not trying to deflect suspicion away from anyone, I do absolutely want every single person who may have information about Hailey or her whereabouts checked out. in my mind not to have already done this is negligence. It’s been over a month and we seem no closer to knowing where Hailey is than we did in the beginning. She needs to be found and come home to be surrounded by everyone who loves her.

I want to take this opportunity to thank my family and friends who continue to stand by and support me unconditionally and are always there for me. I want to thank Marc Klaas and Brad Dennis who are both great guys that are willing to do whatever it takes to find Hailey, for continuing to stay in contact with me and offer their help,. Thank you to the Laurie Recovery Center who came down and organized searches and trained volunteers. Thank you to all the people who have searched for Hailey. To everyone who is praying for Hailey’s safe return. And to everyone who has brought me everything from cooked meals to groceries to Find Hailey t-shirts and handmade cards. Thank you to Deena with the Somer Thompson Foundation who ordered me a grant. Thanks to the media who are keeping Hailey’s picture on the TV and in the newspapers so that she is in the front of everyone’s mind. Although I have not and will not ask for money, I greatly appreciate those who have found it in their hearts to want to help me. What I want most are your prayers for Hailey’s safe return.

There are some people who are going around demanding or begging for money. I am disgusted that these individuals who never held down jobs are exploiting Hailey to get a handout. I’ve always worked and supported my kids by myself and I will return to work as soon as I am able. I do not want a handout. And if anyone asks for money on my behalf please know the request isn’t coming from me and I’m not getting money.

I do hope this will lay to rest the confusion and speculation surrounding Hailey’s disappearance, on my part anyway. I do not want to have to defend myself or anyone else. I only want to concentrate on Hailey and everything that can be done to bring her back home. I will continue to hold onto the hope that Hailey is alive and that she will be home soon. I ask that everyone out there also hold onto the hope that she is alive. Please continue to look for Hailey when you’re in the store, when you’re driving down the street – wherever you go. Whatever you do, please do not give up hope that my daughter Hailey is alive and out there somewhere. Thank you to everybody that came out and everybody that can get that aired or typed up. I just really appreciate all of you guys coming out, giving me the opportunity.

(What’s your relationship like with Shawn Adkins?)

We’re friendly. We talk on the phone. But I’m not going to take any questions because I don’t want my statement cut into. I’ll do interviews again tomorrow and every day, all day. Thank you.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6082165&postcount=74

(Edited to put transcript in a quote box so it was clearer which was the transcript.  Thanks for the transcript from WS, Islandmonkey! )
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:29:37 PM by klaasend » Logged

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: January 31, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »

MORE....

Who was the woman? And didn't the LE say that had been investigated? Is the girl suppose to be Elizabeth Mary Beth? If it is true that it was Elizabeth  Mary Beth and it was true it was unfounded, I think Billie is lucky to have a hair left on her head.

Who was Elizabeth?

She was the other best friend of Hailey's who was reported to be with Hailey and the unknown boy. I think it was mentioned in the raw video.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWUhh0ZZaM

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images/Multi_Media/bigcountryhomepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie%20Dunn%20timeline.PDF

Thank you Fanny Mae.  I remember "Elizabeth" came from a posting error earlier today by Titch, and I ended up editing 8 or 10 post quotes over it.     I'm going back to edit the Elizabeth you posted too.     And by the way, Billie Dunn doesn't mention the friends name in the youtube you posted, but I appreciate that you tried to answer my question. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: January 31, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »

Comments as I view Billie's statement & what my immediate observations are:

6)  She claims Clint never called PD like she asked him to...there is no way to verify she even asked that so what an easy thing to put on Clint, to be fair I'd like to hear his recollection & what they both told police regarding that.

I also find it very peculiar that this single mom had NO ONE there to support her, not a relative nor her son....certainly not her precious psycho boo.   In so many cases parents/families are together during these pressers...not to mention LE support & back up....just saying.

Why would she go to the police station instead of calling them herself?  That makes no sense at all.  Even if she called when she got back to CCity, the police usually come out and take statements. 

And I also noticed that she seems abandoned.  All the volunteers that have been searching for Hailey, where were they?  The searches have been scaled back to Wednesdays and Saturdays, so they weren't out searching today?

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:04 PM »

Shawn did not mention the stop in Dunn to either authorities or Billie ... the stop in Dunn on the morning of December 27 following his sudden departure from work.  The implication has been that he drove directly to Big Spring.

Out of the blue ... the stop in Dunn to visit Grandma is revealed in Billie's timeline/ chain of events distributed today at her press conference.

Billie ... for once ... for the sake of doing right because it is right ... put Hailey first.  Your little girl needs desperately somebody to advocate on her behalf.  To do otherwise is a betrayal.

Janet

+++++

Documents Point To Mother, Boyfriend In Hailey Dunn's DisappearanceBy Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 9:54 pm CST January 11, 2011
UPDATED: 2:17 pm CST January 12, 2011

<snipped>

One inconsistency in Adkins’ statements involved his employment on Dec. 27. Adkins told investigators that he was fired that day, but authorities contacted the employer, who said that Adkins was a good employee and that he hadn’t been fired.

Nevertheless, Adkins left his place of employment at 6:10 a.m. on the morning of Dec. 27 and told investigators that he went straight to his mother’s house in Big Spring. However, cell phone records indicate that Adkins’ cell phone was in contact with cell towers in the Colorado City area from 6:35 a.m. until 6:56 a.m., during the time when he said he was traveling to Big Spring.

<snipped>

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 12, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

WEED: His boss says that no, he wasn`t fired. That in fact he is a good employee and he just left without saying a word.

GRACE: OK, let me see the map again. So he`s at work. And give me the timeline again, please.

WEED: OK. So he arrives at work at 6:00 in the morning. He leaves at 6:10. But that --

GRACE: Wait, wait. He gets to work at 6:00, he -- gets a drink out of the soda machine and then leaves?

WEED: Yes.

GRACE: OK. Back to the map.

WEED: OK. So then, Nancy, he tells police according to this affidavit that he goes directly to his mother`s house located in Big Springs, Texas. But police say no, his cell phone is pinging in Colorado City where Hailey`s home is located.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 12, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: So, Alexis Weed, he says -- let me get the story straight. And then line it up with the pings.

WEED: OK. So he says he leaves to go to his mother`s house and that`s in Big Spring, Texas. This is at 6:10. But his cell phone pings show that at 6:35 a.m., he is pinging in Colorado City.

GRACE: All the way up until nearly 7:00 a.m.

WEED: Correct.

GRACE: So he goes back to the area in which Hailey lives.

WEED: It looks that way.

GRACE: Question, if he were back at the home, is that the cell tower his phone would ping off?

WEED: Yes, police say in the affidavit that that`s the exact same tower.

GRACE: OK. Did you know that, Billie Dunn? He didn`t go straight to his mother`s. He went back to where the home is.

DUNN: I found that out last night watching the news. He told me the same thing that he went straight to his mom`s house in Big Spring.

GRACE: Now in his defense, to get from work to his mother`s, would he drive through Colorado City?

DUNN: No, I don`t think so. He could but it would be shorter to not come through Colorado City.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:11 PM »

then he went to CCity only coming into CCity to access ?  to access I-20 which is the interstate that runs between Colorado City and Big Spring. 

I think in all that mumbo jumbo she said that if he was in Dunn his phone would ping off the Colorado City tower. Consider the source.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #393 on: January 31, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »

Tuesday morning on the 28th, Shawn and I both got up around 5:30. WE left the house together about 6:20 to go to work. It’s not unusual for Shawn to take me to work. He always has to be there by 7:00. Sometimes he had to go in earlier but he was always told the night before and I would arrange to get another ride on those days.

<snipped>

Was there something wrong with SA's truck at this time?  If not, then why didn't he drive his truck to work on Monday.  Anyone working construction usually drives a truck to carry all their tools, etc. 

Again, something that doesn't make sense to me.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: January 31, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »

<snipped>

Was there something wrong with SA's truck at this time?  If not, then why didn't he drive his truck to work on Monday.  Anyone working construction usually drives a truck to carry all their tools, etc. 

Well, he did have to have someplace to put his sofa!     J/K

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: January 31, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »

MORE....

Who was Elizabeth?

Thank you Fanny Mae.  I remember "Elizabeth" came from a posting error earlier today by Titch, and I ended up editing 8 or 10 post quotes over it.     I'm going back to edit the Elizabeth you posted too.     And by the way, Billie Dunn doesn't mention the friends name in the youtube you posted, but I appreciate that you tried to answer my question. 

Omgosh, it was my fault...I know...but I apologized right away Mrs Officer Maam. Lol.

Again, I'm truly sorry. When Billie mentioned Hailey being seen with her friend who's house she was supposed to be sleeping over, plus another boy (teen) was seen with them, my mind immediately went to the Elizabeth Olten case. Remember those circumstances surrounding her disappearance? Again, I sincerely apologize.

I found something else, though. Getting ready to post it...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: January 31, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

No prob Titch.   

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #397 on: January 31, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »

<snipped>

Good point about the truck and construction, but IIRC his truck wasn't working.......seems he got it fixed quickly when he wanted to move the couch

I think the entire PC was to spin more BS and try and deflect more heat from SA. The fact she even went out of her way to smack Clint 1- for not calling LE and telling them she was on her way is odd....why would she be so worried the instance she heard from DD about Hailey, why not go to MB's house and check. Not sure what good it does to call LE to tell them ahead of time someone else is going to come by? Why not just call LE during this time period she was calling Clint?
2-for the donations she really got down in the gutter IMO since ppl are setting up a/c's for both Billie and Clint (on their behalf), and her friend posted Billie's a/c info at WS, she rec'd $$ from Denia Thompson and tons of ppl are saying she got a new van, so why the dig?

I just don't understand her and guess I never will.....it was a self-serving presser with the intention to deflect so lover boy/man-child can come home to her

[
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: January 31, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9340.msg1298217#msg1298217

IM TY,im still at a loss of why she ,didnt give a copy, of the prepared statement to the press
just dosent make sense, why make someone transcribe,when your reading from a hard copy

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2011, 09:35:17 PM »

If I can go back to the couch in the back of the truck picture, notice the front of Billie's house, look at where the windows are placed...

Now go to the video of the presser that somebody posted earlier. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWUhh0ZZaM

Start at 8:54. Billie talks about when David & his friend arriving at the house. 9:06 in this youtube link is where she states he reached in through the glass, that he reached in through a broken window that Hailey broke with a basketball, reached in and unlocked the door. Huh? How the HELLo long is David's arm? Is it safe to say she thinks people will believe he's either Stretch Armstrong or he has a 10 foot appendage? I even thought maybe she's mistaken & may be referring to the back of the house but she pointed right behind her, and she's giving the presser in the front of her house. So, is there a window that I'm just not seeing or is this yet again another instance of "just the way she words things loopy"?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.