March 28, 2024, 09:19:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #5 1/28/11 - 2/05/11  (Read 169736 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: February 02, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »

What I heard from talking to someone not in CCity but in a town very close is they knew she was dead  and that BD & SA know all about it and where she is- , the 10,000 pledge to the reward was withdrawn when they found out about the players, and that nobody in Ccity will even search for her.........so sad, she can't help those things and I am sad the locals feel this way.

I also heard Billie had a new van donated and nodoby knows who it was, mystery donor.....she has ppl paying her utilities, other bills,, groceries etc and alot of money is coming in, she also doesn't consider the grant from Denia to count as $$ in a donation, it's an award in her eyes.

Know way to link the info, just something I was told from someone near (very near C-City).

Flutter what was the impression you got in regards to what I just posted....I'd love to hear it!

I know there has been confusion about the reward, some say it is $15,000, some say that "it could be more".  I know there were fliers printed with $25,000 reward, so it is possible that the $10,000 was withdrawn.

When I was there Saturday morning, there were only about two dozen people involved in the search, so the perception that 100's of people are out looking for her is incorrect.  Since I wanted be just a searcher, without any preconceived notion of affiliation for any theory, I specifically avoided trying to overhear any of the conversations between searchers that seemed to have anything to do with the parties involved.  I did not ask everyone in my group where they were from.  But I know that the coordinators were from CCity, some of the searchers were from there as well.  Some were from other towns, but not any, other than me, from any significant distance. 

However, in every small town like that, there is a restaurant where all the locals go to hang out.  When they are talking, they look around to see if anyone they know is around, but they don't seem to notice strangers.  That is where I got my first inkling of the way the town was divided by which side they supported.  I did get the feeling that most people suspected BJD/SA were involved more than they were saying, but there is a small group firmly supporting BJD.  Shawn, on the other hand, seems to only have his family as support.

I didn't hear anything about the van, but the Denia grant seemed to some to have gone to the wrong recipient.  Small city, small budget and the cost of this investigation has really eaten into what small reserves it has.   

The old-timers don't like the microscope that the case has put on the town.  They are embarrassed that this has happened in their "safe" little town and by "druggies."  They would prefer to believe that it was an stranger abduction, but evidently SA has opened his mouth and said things that lead them to believe that he knows what happened to Hailey and where she is.  I think their speculation is based on rumors that have been passed around the grapevine and any negative things that anyone thought about one of the potential players was just added to the mix. 

Does the town think she is dead?  From what I know of what was being searched, yes.  We were searching old farm land.  A live Hailey wouldn't be found there.  Although it was not expressed, I think we were looking  for bones or other evidence that her body had been discarded in that area.  All we could report was that where we searched was one place Hailey was not. 

Again, just my perceptions based on observations and bits and pieces of conversations I heard in public places. 

When exactly were you there?   Anyways, if "old timers" choose to have that type of ignorant way of thinking, that is on them because this case is about a "missing" girl suspected of being murdered, quite frankly NO ONE should care about anything other than finding out what happened to her.   There is no reason whatsoever for them to be "embarrassed" that this happened in their town, snit crimes like this occur all of this country & the world & it doesnt seem to matter one bit where.   If they are gossiping in a diner, my question to them would be "Why are you not out there searching instead?"

Keep in my response is in no way aimed at you, its aimed at the stupidity.

I was there last Saturday, the 28th.  The video I linked to above is of the search I was in. 

As far as the gossiping, I guess for one who has lived in small towns most my life, that is the norm.  Most of these folks were up in years and couldn't have done the type of walking that is required of searchers.  I think they care about finding Hailey, but with the amount of acreage both land and water, and wells, oil, gas, water, around the area, I don't know if anybody familiar with the area really believes they will ever find this angel without the assistance of the person who took her. 

Not taking away from those that are not physically able, I will concede that point BUT it is extremely ignorant for a community including its City comptroller/mayor on down to take a crime involving a child having NOTHING to do with "community" as an embarrassment.  If they wait for the person who took her to fess up they might as well announce that they are closing the case....what a dang shame.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #621 on: February 02, 2011, 04:21:51 PM »

What I heard from talking to someone not in CCity but in a town very close is they knew she was dead  and that BD & SA know all about it and where she is- , the 10,000 pledge to the reward was withdrawn when they found out about the players, and that nobody in Ccity will even search for her.........so sad, she can't help those things and I am sad the locals feel this way.

I also heard Billie had a new van donated and nodoby knows who it was, mystery donor.....she has ppl paying her utilities, other bills,, groceries etc and alot of money is coming in, she also doesn't consider the grant from Denia to count as $$ in a donation, it's an award in her eyes.

Know way to link the info, just something I was told from someone near (very near C-City).

Flutter what was the impression you got in regards to what I just posted....I'd love to hear it!

I know there has been confusion about the reward, some say it is $15,000, some say that "it could be more".  I know there were fliers printed with $25,000 reward, so it is possible that the $10,000 was withdrawn.

When I was there Saturday morning, there were only about two dozen people involved in the search, so the perception that 100's of people are out looking for her is incorrect.  Since I wanted be just a searcher, without any preconceived notion of affiliation for any theory, I specifically avoided trying to overhear any of the conversations between searchers that seemed to have anything to do with the parties involved.  I did not ask everyone in my group where they were from.  But I know that the coordinators were from CCity, some of the searchers were from there as well.  Some were from other towns, but not any, other than me, from any significant distance. 

However, in every small town like that, there is a restaurant where all the locals go to hang out.  When they are talking, they look around to see if anyone they know is around, but they don't seem to notice strangers.  That is where I got my first inkling of the way the town was divided by which side they supported.  I did get the feeling that most people suspected BJD/SA were involved more than they were saying, but there is a small group firmly supporting BJD.  Shawn, on the other hand, seems to only have his family as support.

I didn't hear anything about the van, but the Denia grant seemed to some to have gone to the wrong recipient.  Small city, small budget and the cost of this investigation has really eaten into what small reserves it has.   

The old-timers don't like the microscope that the case has put on the town.  They are embarrassed that this has happened in their "safe" little town and by "druggies."  They would prefer to believe that it was an stranger abduction, but evidently SA has opened his mouth and said things that lead them to believe that he knows what happened to Hailey and where she is.  I think their speculation is based on rumors that have been passed around the grapevine and any negative things that anyone thought about one of the potential players was just added to the mix. 

Does the town think she is dead?  From what I know of what was being searched, yes.  We were searching old farm land.  A live Hailey wouldn't be found there.  Although it was not expressed, I think we were looking  for bones or other evidence that her body had been discarded in that area.  All we could report was that where we searched was one place Hailey was not. 

Again, just my perceptions based on observations and bits and pieces of conversations I heard in public places. 

Thanks for your input, that was the jist I got too....searchers from bordering towns or in the general proximity but not many ppl from Ccity as you'd expect. What a shame in all honesty, she had no choice on who raised her but deserves justice all the same and the longer she is out there in the elements, the less evidence they will have, especially if there were any signs of sexual abuse which could bump this to a capital punishment offense .......what a tragic case and it again reminds me of Haliegh Cummings. Not sure if you were around during the beginning, but IIRC someone from another town went to Putnam County to search and stopped at a convenience store and the clerk told them something like "I wouldn't waste my time" or "why bother", but again these kids didn't choose this and I am sure they would have loved to grow up somewhat of a more "average" 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2011, 04:21:58 PM »

The 2:00 PM Text Message?

Where did the text message to Mary Beth at 2:00 PM on the afternoon of December 27th originate ... the text message that implied Hailey was the author?  Was the origin Big Springs?  Was the original Colorado City?

Think about it.  According to the affidavid ... cell phone pings imply that Shawn was still in Big Spring at 2:40 PM.

If the origin of the text message was Big Springs ... why has Shawn Adkins not been arrested and charged?  This may be circumstantial evidence but ... it is huge.

Why the deafening silence from law enforcement in regards to the issue of the text message to Mary Beth?

Janet

+++++

Affidavit:

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

Mom of Hailey's Friend on the Sleepover That Never Happened
Sunday, January 23 2011

<snipped>

(Cecilia) Garcia says on the day Hailey disappeared, Mary beth received a text message that said "what are you doing?"

She says the message was sent from Hailey's mother's cell phone at about 2 o'clock, which Hailey always used, but Garcia says she worries that there is no evidence to prove Hailey sent that message.

The Garcia family says authorities have taken that text message as evidence in the investigation.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »

thanks flutter1 for searching for Hailey... an angelic monkey

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

The 2:00 PM Text Message?

Where did the text message to Mary Beth at 2:00 PM on the afternoon of December 27th originate ... the text message that implied Hailey was the author?  Was the origin Big Springs?  Was the original Colorado City?

Think about it.  According to the affidavid ... cell phone pings imply that Shawn was still in Big Spring at 2:40 PM.

If the origin of the text message was Big Springs ... why has Shawn Adkins not been arrested and charged?  This may be circumstantial evidence but ... it is huge.

Why the deafening silence from law enforcement in regards to the issue of the text message to Mary Beth?

Janet

+++++

Affidavit:

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

Mom of Hailey's Friend on the Sleepover That Never Happened
Sunday, January 23 2011

<snipped>

(Cecilia) Garcia says on the day Hailey disappeared, Mary beth received a text message that said "what are you doing?"

She says the message was sent from Hailey's mother's cell phone at about 2 o'clock, which Hailey always used, but Garcia says she worries that there is no evidence to prove Hailey sent that message.

The Garcia family says authorities have taken that text message as evidence in the investigation.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

Because it is not enough for probable cause

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #625 on: February 02, 2011, 04:36:55 PM »

BBM
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought all the people calling themselves Hailey's Angels and were doing the separate search were locals.

At least one person in my group was from Hailey's Angels, or at least that is what was written across the back of her car. 

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26664667/detail.html

Thank you Flutter1

I know alot of them are not from Ccity, some are from neighboring towns (I tend to think of that as local, but not Ccity local if that makes any sense)......here is part of the message I was sent:

Most everyone who lives in C City will not help them at all. XXXXXXXXXXX The reward fund was part of that also. Someone from there pledged 10k and then as the picture became clearer, they withdrew their pledge. That's why it is not 25k. Hardly anyone from C City will search either.

There is more but I am not going to post it.....just thought it was sad Sad

This was on the Find Hailey Dunn page a few weeks back:

Good News: a Secret donor has donated a mini van to Billie so she can get around by herself, it will be delivered to her later his week

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: February 02, 2011, 04:42:09 PM »

BBM
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought all the people calling themselves Hailey's Angels and were doing the separate search were locals.

At least one person in my group was from Hailey's Angels, or at least that is what was written across the back of her car. 

Thank you Flutter1

I know alot of them are not from Ccity, some are from neighboring towns (I tend to think of that as local, but not Ccity local if that makes any sense)......here is part of the message I was sent:

Most everyone who lives in C City will not help them at all. XXXXXXXXXXX The reward fund was part of that also. Someone from there pledged 10k and then as the picture became clearer, they withdrew their pledge. That's why it is not 25k. Hardly anyone from C City will search either.

Good News: a Secret donor has donated a mini van to Billie so she can get around by herself, it will be delivered to her later his week
I thought Billie was the only one that had a reliable car. Why would she need a van ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »

did she actually receive the van?? and why?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #628 on: February 02, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »

BBM

that was my understanding as well..that it was the locals that were searching..and that the neighbors/people living in that area were making food etc..

I was under that impression to until I asked around, but again IMO local is within 20ish miles and not just Ccity which is what I posted....if you go to the FB pages for the searchers you'll see Midland, Snyder, Abilene, Lubbock etc on their info as location.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »

BBM

Thank you Flutter1

I thought Billie was the only one that had a reliable car. Why would she need a van ?

Good question....I know her car was the one that SA was driving since his truck had broken down, but it still may have been old or unreliable (I am just guessing), it could be like my old car, it was 7 yrs old, over 100m miles on it, blower on air conditioner/heat randomly worked but I will drive it around the Island since it's so tiny I could walk to my house from anywhere but I wouldn't take a road trip in it.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #630 on: February 02, 2011, 04:58:01 PM »

Now I am hearing the scuttle butt is that the reward is now at $4500 ????? Trying to verify and it was supposedly posted on her personal FB page, but I don't see it - although I may be on the wrong one or maybe you have to be a friend to see everything.........I pray that is a mistake, and someone mis "heard" the video

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: February 02, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »

I am not sure that any amount of reward money really leads to anyone who is missing being found..
look at the high rewards in other missing person's cases and still....not found...jmo...

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: February 02, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »

I really feel they won't find her if someone doesn't talk. Just like Zahra.....if EB hadn't talked they would never have found her remains.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #633 on: February 02, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »

I am not sure that any amount of reward money really leads to anyone who is missing being found..
look at the high rewards in other missing person's cases and still....not found...jmo...

I do agree with that cookie, but it doesn't look good when it goes from 15m to 25m and then the "players" most are suspicous about being involved are revealed and it's withdrawn and IF this is right, now it has gone from 15m to 4500.....that is highly abnormal IMO.

[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: February 02, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »

ITA, sadly.  On its own, its not usually the only factor that solves a crime or missing person situation.  While these rewards can be of aide to a search/investigation at the same time unfortunately it does have a way of bringing out all sorts of individuals with their eyes on money more than the cause. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: February 02, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »

BBM

Thank you Flutter1

Good question....I know her car was the one that SA was driving since his truck had broken down, but it still may have been old or unreliable (I am just guessing), it could be like my old car, it was 7 yrs old, over 100m miles on it, blower on air conditioner/heat randomly worked but I will drive it around the Island since it's so tiny I could walk to my house from anywhere but I wouldn't take a road trip in it.

Her old car seemed to make the trip to Snyder (approx 50 mi round trip, sometimes twice a day) pretty regularly, and it sure seemed to make it to Big Spring and back with no problem.(approx 80 mi round trip). Next thing you know, we will hear, "Guess what! Shawn & I are going to Disney World in our new van!" 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: February 02, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »

BBM

Thank you Flutter1

Her old car seemed to make the trip to Snyder (approx 50 mi round trip, sometimes twice a day) pretty regularly, and it sure seemed to make it to Big Spring and back with no problem.(approx 80 mi round trip). Next thing you know, we will hear, "Guess what! Shawn & I are going to Disney World in our new van!" 

They are so repulsive I bet the mouse would give them the bounce...just saying.  As far as a vehicle goes, I see no need whatsoever for another vehicle being provided to Billiek, it isnt like she's out there hitting the pavement except for PR purposes.   Yea, Im snarky today with good reason...my patience is well beyond tried.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: February 02, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »

Thanks for your input, that was the jist I got too....searchers from bordering towns or in the general proximity but not many ppl from Ccity as you'd expect. What a shame in all honesty, she had no choice on who raised her but deserves justice all the same and the longer she is out there in the elements, the less evidence they will have, especially if there were any signs of sexual abuse which could bump this to a capital punishment offense .......what a tragic case and it again reminds me of Haliegh Cummings. Not sure if you were around during the beginning, but IIRC someone from another town went to Putnam County to search and stopped at a convenience store and the clerk told them something like "I wouldn't waste my time" or "why bother", but again these kids didn't choose this and I am sure they would have loved to grow up somewhat of a more "average" 

If they could prove kidnapping I think they could bump it to a capital offense and everybody knows that Texas isn't afraid of using the needle.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: February 02, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »

I felt like I needed to go -- she could have as easily been a child from my small town.  I see the same situations daily.  So sad:(

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:48 PM »

I felt like I needed to go -- she could have as easily been a child from my small town.  I see the same situations daily.  So sad:(

It is very sad & your compassion to go is appreciated.  I just wish her mother spent more time focusing on the well-being of her children first & foremost because I think whatever happened to Hailey was the result of mom's beyond poor decisions & selfishness.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.