April 25, 2024, 02:11:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #5 1/28/11 - 2/05/11  (Read 170389 times)
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »

Name one single day when she went to a search site or joined up with people like that supporting her when MK wasn't there.
I wouldn't villify her for not showing up to a few.  I villify her for not showing up for any of them.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »

Name one single day when she went to a search site or joined up with people like that supporting her when MK wasn't there.
I wouldn't villify her for not showing up to a few.  I villify her for not showing up for any of them.

And, incidentally, I would prefer if you're going to talk about me, you use my name and ask *why* I might find it highly unseemly that she never ever helps to actually find her girl instead of calling me out, which I find to *feel* quite like a personal attack and I will NOT have it.

Her dad said he had a hard time going out into what we all know are body searches.  He does at least get his butt out of the house and go look for her in buildings, etc, and go to some towns.  I've seen BD in three places:  Her couch, someone else's couch, and at the school - when MK was there and likely said "hey get out there and do something", and in fact it was her own admittance that he got her out and doing things.  She's stopped doing them since he left.  Unless you include that pressie on her front porch.

Perhaps she has agoraphobia? 
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: February 04, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »

For those of you who are familiar with the extended family names, I ran across this on a "Delbert Delano Ostrander" http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/OSTRANDER/1998-02/0887557899
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: February 04, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »

Failed to add, it is most probably no connection whatsoever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: February 04, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »

I don't give a darn how "little" the amount of illegal substance was that motivated law enforcement to arrest him time and time again ... the point it is it was "illegal" and the ongoing arrests implied a criminal record that was growing.

If Clint had only put his children first over his lifestyle choices ... he would have been in a position to seek custody.  If he was deem a fit father who could provide for his children and ...  who abstained from illegal activity ... Hailey and David were at an age where they could have chosen to live with him.

My heart breaks for Hailey.  What ultimately happened to this little girl could have been avoided if her parents' respective selfish lifestyle choices did not take priority over her well-being.

Janet

++++++

Hailey Dunn: Unfolding a story of a missing teenager and her family
By Brian Bethel
Abilene Reporter-News
Posted January 8, 2011 at 11 p.m

<snipped>

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

<snipped>

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: February 04, 2011, 08:09:34 PM »

This may have already been posted:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/hailey-dunn-clint-dunn-radio-interview-feb-2-transcription/

Hailey Dunn: Clint Dunn Radio Interview Feb 2: Transcription

snipped

Work in Progress

Much appreciated, its good to have it in black and white

I hope that anyone who has not gotten around to listen to this, do so. I found it very enlightening.

I agree, and I think that *BOTH* listening and reading (not just one or the other, if possible) is a good idea.  In many of the cases with BD and CD we have the option of both, which is a plus. 

Neither BD nor CD were exemplary parents in their varying degrees, but I think that in ANY case, if you can not only read the words (without the input of their facial expressions, etc) and then go back and watch their faces, etc, and hear their voices, it is helpful.  There is a big notable difference between BD's statements and CD's, and I feel (again noting MOO) that it is an important difference.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: February 04, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

I wish the following exerpt from OK Magazine revealed if the aunt was paternal or maternal.  Also ... did the aunt inform either Clint or Billie regarding Hailey what she learned?  Somehow ... I cannot comprehend that Hailey would not have complained to her Father and/or Mother.  Maybe not.

Janet

++++++

Hailey Dunn: Called Her Aunt Crying Days Before Disappearance
Posted: February 4, 2011

The last person who saw Hailey was Shawn Adkins, her mother’s boyfriend. He is a person of interest in the case and, as Theresa Gaddis, Hailey’s aunt, tells OK!, he has been quite a frightening figure in Hailey’s life. “A few days before she disappeared, Hailey called me crying,” explains Theresa. “She said, “I don’t want to go to my house; I’m not comfortable around my stepdad.” She hated Shawn. Theresa adds that Billie and Shawn have since split up.

OK! magazine, February 14, 2011

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/hailey-dunn-phone-call-to-aunt-day-before-disappearance/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: February 04, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »

From all accounts, BJD was an abused woman, but like many in her circumstances she remained in the relationship for whatever reason.  I feel sorry for these kind of women (my daughter was one) but when there are children involved, I don't cut the woman any slack for not at least extricating the innocents from the situations.  If she can't live without the perp, fine, stay with him and send the kids somewhere else. 

This didn't happen in this situation and many others.  At the point where a child is injured (and it is always a matter of when, not if), then my sympathy for the woman stops.  In my opinion, she becomes an accessory to what ever the child endures.

Bless you Hailey; I am sorry that you weren't better protected.   

Flutter ... I agree.

However ... logic dictates that Clint Dunn knew of the unsafe environment within the walls of the house across the field ... the unsafe environment that his children were living in.

It makes sense that LE informed Clint of the alledged threats by Shawn ... the alleged threats against the lives of not only him but the lives of Hailey and Billie.

It makes sense that Clint mom reveal to him what Hailey shared with her regarding her fear of Shawn.

This knowledge should have motivated Clint to put himself in a position to intervene and ... seek custody of David and Hailey.  Something akin to getting a job ... some akin to abstaining from possessing illegal drugs ... illegal drugs that contributed to an ongoing criminal record ... would have been a start.  In other words ... Clint should have been willing to move heaven and earth to rescue his children from an environment where he was aware that they were at risk.

Billie Dunn may have put her children at risk when she knowingly opened the door and let the wolf in but ... Clint Dunn cannot be given a pass to what ultimately happened to his precious daughter.

BOTH parents failed Hailey big time.  They both make me sooo angry.  Hailey had a God-given right to so much more.

I contend that ANYTHING positive that Clint may be doing within the confines of a voluntary search for his daughter is ... too little ... too late.

Janet

FYI, FWIW

Host: did Hailey ever want to, ever request to come and live with you?

Clint: Yes, she did. She did several times, and that’s, I was trying to get on my feet, and get a big enough house where I could have her, and we was in the, kind of in the making of me getting her, but yes, she had mentioned several times that she wanted to stay, I mean, she liked me a lot more. She’s a daddy’s girl, and of course, I love her to death, and yeah, I definitely, we was definitely gonna have her living with us pretty soon, and when we get her back, she will be living with us also. She’ll be living with me.
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/hailey-dunn-clint-dunn-radio-interview-feb-2-transcription/

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: February 04, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »

Link to Clint's blog interview, meant to include it in last post

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/02/03/tonights-show-clint-dunn-speaks-to-set-the-story-straight-and-patty-kreiger-case

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: February 04, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »

starwynn

There is nothing that either one of Hailey's parents can do at this period in time that will redeem them as far as I am concerned.

Both had the ability to do something positive prior to Hailey's disappearance in regards to her well-being but ... their respective selfish lifestyle choices took priority.

Clint and Billie were blessed with a treasure beyond worth and ... traded that treasure for what?

Janet

_____

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: February 04, 2011, 08:48:26 PM »

starwynn

There is nothing that either one of Hailey's parents can do at this period in time that will redeem them as far as I am concerned.

Both had the ability to do something positive prior to Hailey's disappearance in regards to her well-being but ... their respective selfish lifestyle choices took priority.

Clint and Billie were blessed with a treasure beyond worth and ... traded that treasure for what?

Janet

So why keep beating a dead horse? We all know what each other's position is. Can't we just move off of Clint. Billie and Clint both have faults. We all agree on that. Please?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: February 04, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »

starwynn

Janet

You would be surprised how closely I agree with what you say and unfortunately at this point it is likely that what has been done cannot be undone.  That being said, there are still things to be done, lots of things, until Hailey is found either alive or dead.  Hopefully alive!

I'll tell you a secret, Janet.  In my heart, I have often wondered if Hailey didn't indeed run away because she's tried (in her 13 year old way) to get the message across that she wants to live with dad, NEEDED to live with dad for her very life, and the message went unheeded.  As much as Hailey adores her younger sister, and her dad and his girlfriend, they weren't able to take her in.  And that makes me wonder if she didn't find an alternative.  Did she run away with someone else?  Or on her own?  Because I do feel that Clint dropped the ball in a way that is unforgivable.  But it's not up to us to give forgiveness or even redemption.  That only can be done by Hailey or God.

I do hear your opinion, and have done, and always have respected it and admired the way you put it forth.   You put the yoke of equal blame on both parties.  I personally put a heavier yolk of blame on Billie and would like to at least see her doing as much as Clint is doing.  Honestly, she's the mom and has no kids to take care of at the moment, so I would expect her to do even more than he is - just because she's the one who birthed this girl.  Is that fair?  Likely  not, but it is my opinion, and I feel every bit as strongly about it as you do about yours.  Just an opinion; it will change absolutely nothing.  It will not save Hailey, although it might save someone in my own family one day to learn from the mistakes BOTH of these parents have made in abundance.

Back on the subject of searches, as that was the subject of the post to which you referred, I still have more respect for Clint because of what he has appeared to have done, and been witnessed doing SINCE their realization of what their actions did to their child.  I don't have tons of respect, but I'm sure he doesn't care. Smile  Just more.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: February 04, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »

From all accounts, BJD was an abused woman, but like many in her circumstances she remained in the relationship for whatever reason.  I feel sorry for these kind of women (my daughter was one) but when there are children involved, I don't cut the woman any slack for not at least extricating the innocents from the situations.  If she can't live without the perp, fine, stay with him and send the kids somewhere else. 

This didn't happen in this situation and many others.  At the point where a child is injured (and it is always a matter of when, not if), then my sympathy for the woman stops.  In my opinion, she becomes an accessory to what ever the child endures.

Flutter ... I agree.

However ... logic dictates that Clint Dunn knew of the unsafe environment within the walls of the house across the field ... the unsafe environment that his children were living in.

It makes sense that LE informed Clint of the alledged threats by Shawn ... the alleged threats against the lives of not only him but the lives of Hailey and Billie.

It makes sense that Clint mom reveal to him what Hailey shared with her regarding her fear of Shawn.

This knowledge should have motivated Clint to put himself in a position to intervene and ... seek custody of David and Hailey.  Something akin to getting a job ... some akin to abstaining from possessing illegal drugs ... illegal drugs that contributed to an ongoing criminal record ... would have been a start.  In other words ... Clint should have been willing to move heaven and earth to rescue his children from an environment where he was aware that they were at risk.

Billie Dunn may have put her children at risk when she knowingly opened the door and let the wolf in but ... Clint Dunn cannot be given a pass to what ultimately happened to his precious daughter.

BOTH parents failed Hailey big time.  They both make me sooo angry.  Hailey had a God-given right to so much more.

I contend that ANYTHING positive that Clint may be doing within the confines of a voluntary search for his daughter is ... too little ... too late.

Janet

FYI, FWIW

Clint: Yes, she did. She did several times, and that’s, I was trying to get on my feet, and get a big enough house where I could have her, and we was in the, kind of in the making of me getting her, but yes, she had mentioned several times that she wanted to stay, I mean, she liked me a lot more. She’s a daddy’s girl, and of course, I love her to death, and yeah, I definitely, we was definitely gonna have her living with us pretty soon, and when we get her back, she will be living with us also. She’ll be living with me.

Considering Hailey's revealed fear of Shawn ... I sincerely believe that her heartfelt desire was to reside with her father.

The question is ... "When was Clint about to change his lifestyle so that Hailey's desire to live with him could be realized"?  As long as he could not provide for her and ... as long as his criminal recorded kept getting longer ... it was not going to happen.

Think about it.  Two days following his daughter's disappearance he was once again arrested for possessing a small amount of "illegal" drugs.

Janet

+++++

By Brian Bethel
Abilene Reporter-News

<snipped>

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

<snipped>

_____

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: February 04, 2011, 09:02:54 PM »

starwynn

Janet

So why keep beating a dead horse? We all know what each other's position is. Can't we just move off of Clint. Billie and Clint both have faults. We all agree on that. Please?

Not to mention Clint did not move in a psycho to live with his children & still is more focused on supporting him.  It is not easy to get custody taken away from a mother in any state of the union, certainly not with a few brushes with the law (serious or minor).   Yes, if he as squeaky clean it would have provided a better immediate environment IF the court deemed Billie to be unfit or that Hailey was determined to be endangered by living in that home by a judge but it didnt get done soon enough...Hailey is the victim of a crime & that fact.  To be blunt if Clint were not even in the picture at all, as in not in his childrens' lives or deceased it would NOT change the facts of this case whatsoever...that is on Billie & Shawn.

Where is David now...we know the answer to that & I am pretty positive it was a child services strongly recommended move or they would have found placement for him.  Its also interesting that a man who isnt even his father is making sure to be there for him while his mother is too busy yacking it up with her boyfriend largely suspected of murdering her daughter.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: February 04, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »

I remain bloodied but unbowed.

Later, Janet
6:05 PM PT

_____

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »

Flutter ... I agree.

Janet

FYI, FWIW

Considering Hailey's revealed fear of Shawn ... I sincerely believe that her heartfelt desire was to reside with her father.

The question is ... "When was Clint about to change his lifestyle so that Hailey's desire to live with him could be realized"?  As long as he could not provide for her and ... as long as his criminal recorded kept getting longer ... it was not going to happen.

Think about it.  Two days following his daughter's disappearance he was once again arrested for possessing a small amount of "illegal" drugs.

Janet

+++++

By Brian Bethel
Abilene Reporter-News

<snipped>

<snipped>

Ya know what Im not going to do this anymore.   Clint was either in the process of it or not, evidenced by the fact that he purchased TWO homes in the past indicates to me that he was capable of it, but it is irrelevant to what transpired in BILLIE's home.   Yes, he got caught with some pot & he has a record...no he's not a saint BUT he has never risked his childrens' lives by allowing them to be living with a sick SOB, that is on Billie Jean Dunn-Dumm.   One could also ask why child services after all those 911 calls didnt remove the children from Billie, especially after death threats...maybe we should be focusing on that element to this case too while we're at it.   Yes,  Hailey could have used the intervention sooner OBVIOUSLY BUT and the big distinctive BUT is the responsibility for the safety of Hailey & David in Billie's home was on Billie, no one else & it should have NEVER EVER been a part of Hailey's life to begin with.

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »

Later, Janet

I'm sorry you feel bloodied, but wish you good rest.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: February 04, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »

Later, Janet

I'm sorry you feel bloodied, but wish you good rest.

Well, I'll pass the dang tissues because frankly Im so cried out over this case & livid with this mother I've decided I hate the color red.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: February 04, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »

Later, Janet

Is this what this is really all about? You said that to me the first night when we disagreed about Clint. many nights ago. I was told we were ganging up on you, and I apologized to you three separate times and barely got a response. We disagree about Clint. How does that leave you "Bloodied but unbowed." This isn't a fight to the death. It is a difference of opinions. I don't really care who is right or wrong. I just want to have Hailey returned from what ever awful place she is in. She is who is bloodied, but probably not unbowed. And it breaks my heart. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: February 04, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »

Later, Janet

Is this what this is really all about? You said that to me the first night when we disagreed about Clint. many nights ago. I was told we were ganging up on you, and I apologized to you three separate times and barely got a response. We disagree about Clint. How does that leave you "Bloodied but unbowed." This isn't a fight to the death. It is a difference of opinions. I don't really care who is right or wrong. I just want to have Hailey returned from what ever awful place she is in. She is who is bloodied, but probably not unbowed. And it breaks my heart. 

Fanny

Bloodied but unbowed?  It is an expression which implies that I concede that I realize that I am in minority as far as my opinion on an issue but ... I remain steadfast nevertheless.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.