April 28, 2024, 02:18:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #5 1/28/11 - 2/05/11  (Read 170555 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: February 02, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

Keeping prayers for Hailey

thanks Cappy...brings it all back as to who and what this is really all about..
Hoping that she is found soon..she looks like she is a really sweet kid..she did not deserve anything that has happened to her..

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: February 02, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »

drub=drug..lol in my last post.

Anyhow, to be straight, this case reminds me of a Stephen King novel and I do not like it. You have the small dusty Texas town, peeling paint and a broken window, unlocked doors that are eerily locked on the day Hailey goes missing, a May /December romance, boyfriend interested in creepy masks, creepy videos with knives, weird looking (to me)> drug paraphernalia.  I have passed through many a small Texas town. It touches too close to home. Rattles my world, know what I mean? And there is the adorable, dimpled Hailey who made good grades, was active in sports and cheer and had her entire life ahead of her.

Sadly, as in many cases, I think LE has plenty of evidence and are waiting to find a body or proof of a crime to make the arrest. I think they have been watching Shawn 24/7.

Above is my opinion, I could be wrong.

CCity is on the verge of erupting on the basis of whose faction is being supported.  Just a look at the various FB and Topix threads will give you a hint as to what is happening in the town.  Everyone seems to have an opinion on who is guilty and it is generally based more on past experiences with the individuals or members of their family.  And with a town of 4,000, everyone has had either direct or indirect contact with all members of this tragedy.

Think about what happened in the front yard of the Anthony's and magnify it by about one hundred and you have a glimpse of what I think happen to BJD if this case isn't solved soon. 

One thing no one in CCity is  happy about is being portrayed as a west Texas mecca of redneck pillbillies and parental misfits.  The police department has, for whatever reason, decided to make the city manager its spokesperson.  Good Mr. Kampfer is sorely lacking in the skills necessary for the job of speaking to national media concerning this type of crime. 

JMHO based on what I observed and heard when I was there. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #602 on: February 02, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »

((Click on the player or the link below to listen to the Tonights Show:))

CLINT DUNN SPEAKS TO SET THE STORY STRAIGHT and PATTY KREIGER CASE show

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/02/03/tonights-show-clint-dunn-speaks-to-set-the-story-straight-and-patty-kreiger-case

•   Clint Dunn ( Hailey Dunn's Father) speaks out about his little girl tonight. We will also have 2 other special guests on with Hailey Dunn Case. Where is Hailey Dunn. Who is involved, Who is Who in this case. Clint Dunn will be here to set the story straight, and to bring Hailey into your hearts and let you all know Hailey through his eyes and his heart. LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD)

Hope I am not reposting something already known, if so please excuse me.

I
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: February 02, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »

drub=drug..lol in my last post.

Anyhow, to be straight, this case reminds me of a Stephen King novel and I do not like it. You have the small dusty Texas town, peeling paint and a broken window, unlocked doors that are eerily locked on the day Hailey goes missing, a May /December romance, boyfriend interested in creepy masks, creepy videos with knives, weird looking (to me)> drug paraphernalia.  I have passed through many a small Texas town. It touches too close to home. Rattles my world, know what I mean? And there is the adorable, dimpled Hailey who made good grades, was active in sports and cheer and had her entire life ahead of her.

Sadly, as in many cases, I think LE has plenty of evidence and are waiting to find a body or proof of a crime to make the arrest. I think they have been watching Shawn 24/7.

Above is my opinion, I could be wrong.

CCity is on the verge of erupting on the basis of whose faction is being supported.  Just a look at the various FB and Topix threads will give you a hint as to what is happening in the town.  Everyone seems to have an opinion on who is guilty and it is generally based more on past experiences with the individuals or members of their family.  And with a town of 4,000, everyone has had either direct or indirect contact with all members of this tragedy.

Think about what happened in the front yard of the Anthony's and magnify it by about one hundred and you have a glimpse of what I think happen to BJD if this case isn't solved soon. 

One thing no one in CCity is  happy about is being portrayed as a west Texas mecca of redneck pillbillies and parental misfits.  The police department has, for whatever reason, decided to make the city manager its spokesperson.  Good Mr. Kampfer is sorely lacking in the skills necessary for the job of speaking to national media concerning this type of crime. 

JMHO based on what I observed and heard when I was there. 

TYVM for an inside look & its most unfortunate.  However, I dont see a widespread overall attack on the township itself with the exception that it is indeed a very small community & there just isnt much there including the terrain conditions.   That being said, the area is not conducive to producing high level economic growth & may not be the most desirable destination to buy substantial real estate.  The only parental misfits I see being publicly flocked is Hailey's & quite frankly its well deserved, therefore I think the perceived attack on the community is overblown by its residents.   There has been criticism of the local LE, but considering those that have been representing that dept with the media its not that difficult to understand how others outside that area would be expressing concern with that specifically.   Regardless, since the FBI & rangers are in on the case I personally feel that they now have the trained assistance to solve this case.

The community would be served better if they focused their angst toward Billie & Shawn, the answers & resolution lie with them.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: February 02, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/02/03/tonights-show-clint-dunn-speaks-to-set-the-story-straight-and-patty-kreiger-case

•   Clint Dunn ( Hailey Dunn's Father) speaks out about his little girl tonight. We will also have 2 other special guests on with Hailey Dunn Case. Where is Hailey Dunn. Who is involved, Who is Who in this case. Clint Dunn will be here to set the story straight, and to bring Hailey into your hearts and let you all know Hailey through his eyes and his heart. LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD)

I

I will be certainly listening to this later this evening. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: February 02, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »

Keeping prayers for Hailey
Thank you Capp, this is absolutely what it is all about!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #606 on: February 02, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

What I heard from talking to someone not in CCity but in a town very close is they knew she was dead  and that BD & SA know all about it and where she is- , the 10,000 pledge to the reward was withdrawn when they found out about the players, and that nobody in Ccity will even search for her.........so sad, she can't help those things and I am sad the locals feel this way.

I also heard Billie had a new van donated and nodoby knows who it was, mystery donor.....she has ppl paying her utilities, other bills,, groceries etc and alot of money is coming in, she also doesn't consider the grant from Denia to count as $$ in a donation, it's an award in her eyes.

Know way to link the info, just something I was told from someone near (very near C-City).

Flutter what was the impression you got in regards to what I just posted....I'd love to hear it!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: February 02, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »

Quick question. If Billie did not have a computer in the home and copied the pages she had re: murders, serial killers etc. from work???(was that a fact)? then what computer was available to Shawn? Did he request certain cases...if so he had access to a computer, but which one?
Good question and great point Shell!!

I think I read he did have a laptop and obviously she had a computer at one time since she admitted to meeting him on MS

I'm late replying, this has likely been covered before, but I believe Shawn had access to a computer at his mother's house.  Didn't they take one from there because he had accessed it during the afternoon when he was there?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #608 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »

Quick question. If Billie did not have a computer in the home and copied the pages she had re: murders, serial killers etc. from work???(was that a fact)? then what computer was available to Shawn? Did he request certain cases...if so he had access to a computer, but which one?
Good question and great point Shell!!

I think I read he did have a laptop and obviously she had a computer at one time since she admitted to meeting him on MS

I'm late replying, this has likely been covered before, but I believe Shawn had access to a computer at his mother's house.  Didn't they take one from there because he had accessed it during the afternoon when he was there?

Do you know if the BBM section has been covered? That is what I was particularly interested in.....

TIA

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #609 on: February 02, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »

I

Yep,(that's Texas speak)  He is the one I want to hear from now that Billie has had her say. 

Also I want to say that in my 70+ years in Texas I have never heard someone as poor and confusing at speaking as Billie.   I just see no excuse for her language skills.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: February 02, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »

Sounds like weather is really bad in the Colorado City, Abilene Texas area today.  I don't expect we'll hear much in this case today.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:07 PM »

I

Yep,(that's Texas speak)  He is the one I want to hear from now that Billie has had her say. 

Also I want to say that in my 70+ years in Texas I have never heard someone as poor and confusing at speaking as Billie.   I just see no excuse for her language skills.

In today's society, NONE

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »

What I heard from talking to someone not in CCity but in a town very close is they knew she was dead  and that BD & SA know all about it and where she is- , the 10,000 pledge to the reward was withdrawn when they found out about the players, and that nobody in Ccity will even search for her.........so sad, she can't help those things and I am sad the locals feel this way.

I also heard Billie had a new van donated and nodoby knows who it was, mystery donor.....she has ppl paying her utilities, other bills,, groceries etc and alot of money is coming in, she also doesn't consider the grant from Denia to count as $$ in a donation, it's an award in her eyes.

Know way to link the info, just something I was told from someone near (very near C-City).

Flutter what was the impression you got in regards to what I just posted....I'd love to hear it!
BBM
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought all the people calling themselves Hailey's Angels and were doing the separate search were locals.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »

I know there has been confusion about the reward, some say it is $15,000, some say that "it could be more".  I know there were fliers printed with $25,000 reward, so it is possible that the $10,000 was withdrawn.

When I was there Saturday morning, there were only about two dozen people involved in the search, so the perception that 100's of people are out looking for her is incorrect.  Since I wanted be just a searcher, without any preconceived notion of affiliation for any theory, I specifically avoided trying to overhear any of the conversations between searchers that seemed to have anything to do with the parties involved.  I did not ask everyone in my group where they were from.  But I know that the coordinators were from CCity, some of the searchers were from there as well.  Some were from other towns, but not any, other than me, from any significant distance. 

However, in every small town like that, there is a restaurant where all the locals go to hang out.  When they are talking, they look around to see if anyone they know is around, but they don't seem to notice strangers.  That is where I got my first inkling of the way the town was divided by which side they supported.  I did get the feeling that most people suspected BJD/SA were involved more than they were saying, but there is a small group firmly supporting BJD.  Shawn, on the other hand, seems to only have his family as support.

I didn't hear anything about the van, but the Denia grant seemed to some to have gone to the wrong recipient.  Small city, small budget and the cost of this investigation has really eaten into what small reserves it has.   

The old-timers don't like the microscope that the case has put on the town.  They are embarrassed that this has happened in their "safe" little town and by "druggies."  They would prefer to believe that it was an stranger abduction, but evidently SA has opened his mouth and said things that lead them to believe that he knows what happened to Hailey and where she is.  I think their speculation is based on rumors that have been passed around the grapevine and any negative things that anyone thought about one of the potential players was just added to the mix. 

Does the town think she is dead?  From what I know of what was being searched, yes.  We were searching old farm land.  A live Hailey wouldn't be found there.  Although it was not expressed, I think we were looking  for bones or other evidence that her body had been discarded in that area.  All we could report was that where we searched was one place Hailey was not. 

Again, just my perceptions based on observations and bits and pieces of conversations I heard in public places. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: February 02, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »

Sounds like weather is really bad in the Colorado City, Abilene Texas area today.  I don't expect we'll hear much in this case today.

What else is new? We hardly ever hear anything new out of Colorado City/Abilene Texas most any day anyhow?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: February 02, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »

BBM
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought all the people calling themselves Hailey's Angels and were doing the separate search were locals.

At least one person in my group was from Hailey's Angels, or at least that is what was written across the back of her car. 

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26664667/detail.html

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: February 02, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »

I know there has been confusion about the reward, some say it is $15,000, some say that "it could be more".  I know there were fliers printed with $25,000 reward, so it is possible that the $10,000 was withdrawn.

When I was there Saturday morning, there were only about two dozen people involved in the search, so the perception that 100's of people are out looking for her is incorrect.  Since I wanted be just a searcher, without any preconceived notion of affiliation for any theory, I specifically avoided trying to overhear any of the conversations between searchers that seemed to have anything to do with the parties involved.  I did not ask everyone in my group where they were from.  But I know that the coordinators were from CCity, some of the searchers were from there as well.  Some were from other towns, but not any, other than me, from any significant distance. 

However, in every small town like that, there is a restaurant where all the locals go to hang out.  When they are talking, they look around to see if anyone they know is around, but they don't seem to notice strangers.  That is where I got my first inkling of the way the town was divided by which side they supported.  I did get the feeling that most people suspected BJD/SA were involved more than they were saying, but there is a small group firmly supporting BJD.  Shawn, on the other hand, seems to only have his family as support.

I didn't hear anything about the van, but the Denia grant seemed to some to have gone to the wrong recipient.  Small city, small budget and the cost of this investigation has really eaten into what small reserves it has.   

The old-timers don't like the microscope that the case has put on the town.  They are embarrassed that this has happened in their "safe" little town and by "druggies."  They would prefer to believe that it was an stranger abduction, but evidently SA has opened his mouth and said things that lead them to believe that he knows what happened to Hailey and where she is.  I think their speculation is based on rumors that have been passed around the grapevine and any negative things that anyone thought about one of the potential players was just added to the mix. 

Does the town think she is dead?  From what I know of what was being searched, yes.  We were searching old farm land.  A live Hailey wouldn't be found there.  Although it was not expressed, I think we were looking  for bones or other evidence that her body had been discarded in that area.  All we could report was that where we searched was one place Hailey was not. 

Again, just my perceptions based on observations and bits and pieces of conversations I heard in public places. 

When exactly were you there?   Anyways, if "old timers" choose to have that type of ignorant way of thinking, that is on them because this case is about a "missing" girl suspected of being murdered, quite frankly NO ONE should care about anything other than finding out what happened to her.   There is no reason whatsoever for them to be "embarrassed" that this happened in their town, snit crimes like this occur all of this country & the world & it doesnt seem to matter one bit where.   If they are gossiping in a diner, my question to them would be "Why are you not out there searching instead?"

Keep in my response is in no way aimed at you, its aimed at the stupidity.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: February 02, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »

BBM

At least one person in my group was from Hailey's Angels, or at least that is what was written across the back of her car. 

Thank you Flutter1

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: February 02, 2011, 04:13:49 PM »

When exactly were you there?   Anyways, if "old timers" choose to have that type of ignorant way of thinking, that is on them because this case is about a "missing" girl suspected of being murdered, quite frankly NO ONE should care about anything other than finding out what happened to her.   There is no reason whatsoever for them to be "embarrassed" that this happened in their town, snit crimes like this occur all of this country & the world & it doesnt seem to matter one bit where.   If they are gossiping in a diner, my question to them would be "Why are you not out there searching instead?"

Keep in my response is in no way aimed at you, its aimed at the stupidity.

I was there last Saturday, the 28th.  The video I linked to above is of the search I was in. 

As far as the gossiping, I guess for one who has lived in small towns most my life, that is the norm.  Most of these folks were up in years and couldn't have done the type of walking that is required of searchers.  I think they care about finding Hailey, but with the amount of acreage both land and water, and wells, oil, gas, water, around the area, I don't know if anybody familiar with the area really believes they will ever find this angel without the assistance of the person who took her. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: February 02, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »

BBM

that was my understanding as well..that it was the locals that were searching..and that the neighbors/people living in that area were making food etc..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.