April 23, 2024, 02:35:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toni Keller from Dekalb, IL, missing from NIU(Remains Found)  (Read 20424 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »

Thought we knew this........

Remains found in Prairie Park identified as those of Toni Keller
By DANA HERRA - dherra@daily-chronicle.com
Created: Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:11 a.m. CST
SYCAMORE – Burned remains found in a DeKalb park have been positively identified as those of missing Northern Illinois University student Antinette "Toni" Keller.

DeKalb County First Assistant State's Attorney Bill Engerman said in court Thursday morning that forensic analysts were able to use DNA to identify the remains, found in Prairie Park two days after Keller was last seen. The 18-year-old NIU freshman from Plainfield told friends she was headed to the park on the afternoon of Oct. 14.

Two days later, the remains were found near items Keller was believed to have been carrying. The remains were burned so badly, it took about a week for forensic experts to determine whether they were human. Since that time, they have been undergoing DNA analysis for positive identification.

The announcement was made during a routine court appearance for William "Billy" Curl, 34, of DeKalb. Curl has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder in Keller's death, as well as one count each of sexual assault, arson, obstructing justice and unlawful possession of a converted motor vehicle. Two of the murder charges make Curl potentially eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

Curl has not yet entered a plea on the charges. His attorney, DeKalb County Public Defender Regina Harris, has said she is awaiting the results of a psychological evaluation before moving to arraignment.

During the Thursday morning hearing at the DeKalb County Courthouse in Sycamore, Engerman turned over evidence – including the lab report of the DNA tests – in the case to Harris.

Curl is being held in the DeKalb County Jail on $5,065,000 bond; he would need to post $506,500 to be released.

He is next due in court Feb. 17.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/01/06/remains-found-in-prairie-park-identified-as-those-of-toni-keller/a3twa47/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »

Case archive album

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Antinette%20Toni%20Keller%20%20-IL-/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »

DNA test results still pending in Keller case

By NICOLE WESKERNA - nweskerna@shawmedia.com
Created: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:57 a.m. CDT

Attorneys are still waiting for the results of DNA testing done in the case of the DeKalb man accused of the October 2010 slaying of Northern Illinois University student Antinette “Toni” Keller.

During a hearing Wednesday at the DeKalb County Courthouse in Sycamore, DeKalb County State's Attorney Clay Campbell said his office is awaiting the results of DNA testing. They are also continuing to review documents and evidence in the case.

snipped
William "Bill" Curl was charged Oct. 29, and since then he has been held in the DeKalb County Jail on more than $5 million bond.

He was indicted in January by a grand jury on five counts of first-degree murder, one count of concealing a homicidal death, one count of arson and one count of criminal sexual assault. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

snipped
http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/09/28/dna-test-results-still-pending-in-keller-case/ab4h3vw/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.