April 26, 2024, 04:35:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Sue Henslee 30yrs, Hartford Township, MI missing since 1/24/11(BODY FOUND)  (Read 43312 times)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »

Apparently walked the boys to the school bus wearing the coat and shoes that's why no other clothing mentioned. That's all that would be visible to people.

Exactly what I was thinking, it was about time for the school bus. I wonder if they have talked to the bus driver?

2 4 1
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/husband_of_missing_hartford_to.html

HARTFORD TOWNSHIP — James Henslee isn’t likely to forget the what his young wife said to him Monday morning as he prepared to leave for work.

“I love you,” she said.

Henslee hasn’t heard his wife’s voice — or seen her — since. Now he and the couple’s two sons — ages 10 and 8 — are hoping for the 30-year-old’s safe return.

“I'm hoping for the best but with the more time that goes by you can't help but constantly worry,” James Henslee said. “But I've got to stay strong for my kids.”

Van Buren County sheriff’s investigators say Amy Sue Henslee has been missing since Monday. She was last seen at 7:30 a.m. when her husband left their home in the 67100 block of County Road 372 in Hartford Township for work.

snipped

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Van-Buren-Co-woman-30-missing?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

She was last seen by her husband, James Henslee, in their home Monday morning, around 7:30.

James left for work around that time, and then tried calling Amy from his job at 10 a.m. He wasn't able to get ahold of her for the next half-hour, and then drove home to find the door locked and Amy missing, according to the release.

Amy didn't have access to a car, and left behind her purse and ID, police said. The couple lives in the 67000 block of CR 372.

She wasn't on any medication and didn't have any health issues, police added. After checking around with Amy's friends and some other family members, her husband called police at 10 p.m. and reported her missing.

Officers say they don't have many clues as to where she might be, and there are no signs of domestic violence in the marriage.

Amy is a stay-at-home mother, James said. The couple has two sons.

"It's very scary when you don't know where your wife is," he told 24 Hour News 8 at the family's home. "And we don't have any clues as to what happened. You just don't know what to think. She's never just left and not came home, without a phone call or anything. Her kids and her family mean the world to her. She's the all-American mom."

snipped

i am curious if she does truly have a job or not, the DH didnt state he called her work or talked to co workers, granted she might not have worked full time, or monday..

and that one article is the only one so far that has said co workers, maybe the reporter just assumed??

i will say her husband sounds pretty genuine from the articles i have read, but at the same time anyone can "seem" genuine, and there isnt a wealth of info yet...

Donks or anyone have you watched any of the videos? is he in them? pleading for her to return, or talking to or about her??

TIA
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »

http://www.mylife.com/people-search/amy-henslee

not sure if there is any info here, i am not a member.... is anyone here a member of that site??

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »

Missing You Foundation along with Mid-Michigan Working Dogs Search and Recovery Team is Geared up and ready at a moments notice,We have been in touch with Law Enforcement as well as Family and we are waiting on the word to go,Hopefully we can go in the Morning..Prayers to Amy and Her Family

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Amy-Henslee/150179058370979
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »

Not sure but a Rush Lake School is at location B on this map.  If this is where the boys went to school, it would be a short straight walk to school.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »

Not sure but a Rush Lake School is at location B on this map.  If this is where the boys went to school, it would be a short straight walk to school.

maybe she walked them to school and someone saw her outfit then?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-woma-01252011,0,7836775.story

Vigil Held for Missing Mother in Van Buren County
Amy Henslee Disappeared Monday without a Trace

Lindsay Kus FOX 17 News Reporter

6:57 p.m. EST, January 26, 2011

VAN BUREN COUNTY, MI —
Members of the community came together for a vigil on Wednesday night, for 30-year-old Amy Sue Henslee of Hartford Township.  She was reported missing early Monday morning. Police originally took the report from Henslee's husband, who tried calling her from work at approximately 10:00 a.m. on Monday.

She was home when he left the house just a few short hours earlier. "She made me coffee and we kissed goodbye, just another day," said James Henslee.

James, who works as a welder not far from where they live, said he called the house phone several hours later to check in with his wife, who is a stay at home mother. Their two sons were at school. When his calls went unanswered, James drove home from work to find that the house was still locked, but his wife was gone.  She did not have access to a vehicle and left her purse with all her identification at home.

"We always check in, we're close, it's not like her not to answer the phone or tell me if she was going out to run an errand," said James Henslee.

Family and friends were alerted, and they tried reaching out to other family and friends, but nobody had heard from her. Amy's parents and friends live nearby and did not get a call.

"She's always home when the kids get off that bus, it doesn't make sense," James continued. "I'm worried sick and just praying they will find her, I want my wife back home safe."

Amy did not have a cell phone and didn't have access to a car.  She is described as a white female, approximately 5'0" tall, 114 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.  She is likely wearing a black nylon coat with brown fur around the hood, along with black Puma tennis shoes.  She was last seen at home, which is located in the 67000 Block of CR 372 outside of Hartford Township.

The community has spent the last few days putting up posters to help find the young woman.  Police told the family they do have a lead, but haven't released any more information at this time.

Family members say Amy didn't have any health problems or take medications, and it was unusual for her to leave without letting anyone know where she was going. Amy and James Henslee have been married twelve years and have two boys.

They live in a rural area outside of Hartford, Michigan.

If you have any information on this case, you are asked to call the Van Buren County Sheriff Department at 269-657-3101.

Wednesday night's vigil is being held at the Hartford Community Center to offer support in the search for Amy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 07:41:10 PM »

IMO they need to check registered sex offenders in the area.  This one lives very close:

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Hartford-Michigan.html

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/nearly_100_people_take_part_in.html

From the article: Many in the small Van Buren County community knew Henslee, who often cheered on her two sons while her husband coached football, wrestling and baseball.

Sounds like he was an involved dad and she an involved mom. Very sad.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »

This is an interesting comment from another local article:

larissa02 January 26, 2011 at 12:50PM
Follow

I find it odd that there have been 3 women in as many months missing from southern Michigan who look the same. A woman named Tonia Stiles from Grass Lake went missing in November and she didn't take anything with her one would need like a cell phone and keys. Heather Cousino walked away from her mother’s house in Albion after they fought in December and hasn't been seen since. Tonia Stiles boyfriend might have had something to do with her disappearance, and Heather Cousino could be out there and just doesn’t want to be found. I am not saying these cases are definitely related, I just find the similarities strange. Since I have lived in the same place my whole life and have never heard of so many women going missing in a short time. Maybe the papers are simply reporting on missing people more? Brittany if you check back on this site please know we are thinking about you and your family.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/missing_woman_from_hartford_to.html

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »

http://amyhenslee.info/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »

From Facebook it appears there is a large extended LOVING family all hoping desperately for Amy's safe return.  Her husband appears to be a loving husband.  Sounds to me like someone abducted her after she dropped off the boys at school.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »

From Facebook it appears there is a large extended LOVING family all hoping desperately for Amy's safe return.  Her husband appears to be a loving husband.  Sounds to me like someone abducted her after she dropped off the boys at school.

that is exactly what I was thinking..Hubs probably left for work,she dropped the kids at the school/bus and someone grabbed her then..

Remember the case when a woman disappeared and her husband was a police officer..He was the last one to have seen her, they were going through a nasty divorce..He was the suspect of course..most thought that he was guilty....turns out that someone else actually did harm to this woman..a guy who was infatuated with her...can't remember all the details..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 10:03:46 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/nearly_100_people_take_part_in.html

Nearly 100 people take part in prayer vigil for missing Hartford Township woman Amy Henslee

Published: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 7:46 PM     Updated: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 9:24 PM

UPDATE: Police call press conference to discuss case

HARTFORD — Linda Reed didn't know what else she could do.

She already posted messages on Facebook to alert friends and family of Amy Henslee, the mother of two who vanished Monday.

Now, all Reed could do was pray.

She joined nearly 100 others at the Hartford Community Center's gymnasium during an impromptu vigil for the missing stay-at-home mom. She was last seen at 7:30 a.m. Monday when her husband left their home in the 67100 block of County Road 372, in Hartford Township, for work.

((snipped))
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 10:04:53 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/police_will_speak_at_a_press_c.html

Police schedule press conference Thursday to discuss case of Amy Henslee, who's been missing since Monday

Published: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 8:56 PM     Updated: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 9:37 PM

PAW PAW — Police are holding a press conference at 8:30 a.m. Thursday to discuss the case of Amy Henslee, the Hartford Township mother who has been missing since Monday.

The press conference will be held at the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office, 205 S. Kalamazoo St. in Paw Paw.

((snipped))
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »

IMO they need to check registered sex offenders in the area.  This one lives very close:

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Hartford-Michigan.html

uggghhh! what an ugly creep..and what the heck is he smiling about???

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 11:25:15 AM »

Does anyone know if they have had the press confrence yet. If so can someone put up a link 4 me. Ty Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »

Looks like they had it:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/police_believe_amy_henslee_who.html

Police believe missing woman Amy Henslee is alive
Published: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:01 AM     Updated: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
Gabrielle Russon | Kalamazoo Gazette By Gabrielle Russon | Kalamazoo Gazette

PAW PAW — Van Buren County Sheriff's Lt. Bill Lux said he believes Amy Henslee, the Hartford Township mother who has been missing since Monday, is alive.

"My belief is that she's still alive, and that's why time is of the essence," said Lux during a press conference held this morning at the sheriff's office in Paw Paw.

Amy Henslee, 30, was last seen by her husband, James, when he left for work at about 7:30 a.m. Monday.

Lux said James Henslee is not a suspect.

Amy Henslee may have voluntarily left the house with someone she knew because the front door was locked and she left with her coat and shoes, Lux said.

"We've got nothing to us that says there was foul play," he said, although he did say that police are still unsure whether a crime has been committed.

((snipped))
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »

IMO, even if she left voluntarily, she would not stay away voluntarily.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.