April 27, 2024, 05:38:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Sue Henslee 30yrs, Hartford Township, MI missing since 1/24/11(BODY FOUND)  (Read 43328 times)
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 12:39:03 PM »

I agree Klass .....

Did it say anything about her keys?  Why would she leave her house voluntarily and lock the door and not take her keys to get back in?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/police_continue_to_investigate_1.html

Family friend of missing woman Amy Henslee said Amy and her husband have strong relationship
Published: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 12:20 PM     Updated: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 1:40 PM
Gabrielle Russon | Kalamazoo Gazette By Gabrielle Russon | Kalamazoo Gazette

HARTFORD TOWNSHIP — One day this summer, James and Amy Henslee walked hand-in-hand, arm-in-arm down the sidewalk in Hartford.

James wore his coach's uniform; Amy had on her sundress and looked like a prom queen.

Family friend Wendy Boyd thought the couple looked so happy and in love, like they were high school sweethearts.

"They never ended their honeymoon," said Boyd, who spoke to reporters following a press conference this morning at the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office in Paw Paw.

On Monday, Amy Henslee, a 30-year-old stay-at-home mom, went missing.

She was last seen by her husband at their Hartford Township home when he left for work at about 7:30 a.m. Monday.

During the press conference, sheriff's Lt. Bill Lux said he believes Amy Henslee is still alive and may be voluntarily missing.
Lux, Bill Lux, hensleeView full sizeGazette / Scott HarmsenLt. Bill Lux of the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office speaks to reporters during a press conference this morning.

The front door of Henslees' house in the 67100 block of County Road 372 was locked, and her shoes and coat were gone.

Police found her purse with her ID at the home. Lux said Amy Henslee did not own an activated cell phone. Also, he said that she didn't have a ATM or credit card with her.

((snipped))
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 03:44:56 PM »

I agree Klass .....

Did it say anything about her keys?  Why would she leave her house voluntarily and lock the door and not take her keys to get back in?

Jennifer - let me fix your avatar.  Photobucket closed my account so I'm using Flickr now.  Give me a few minutes and I'll fix you up.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 04:06:34 PM »

Thanks Klass.  Still no mention of the house keys.  I wonder why they think that she is "voluntarily" missing. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/video_family_friend_of_amy_hen.html

video - female neighbor saw a black p/u truck with snow plow on front pull up to house with others in truck and than leave.  Neighbor has some mixed up idea's on what exactly she saw that day. 

I work from home and can't imagine not having a car/cell phone in this day/age.  Don't use them much but for security/safety measures they are there.   
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »

It was revealed Thursday morning that a relative or an acquaintance came by the home before 10:00 a.m. on Monday, but Lt. Lux was reluctant to specify anything further. The fact that she didn't answer any calls Monday was another reason to believe this case is different.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-woma-01252011,0,7836775.story

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/family_lears_about_new_twists.html

Breaking news on this case.   Not sure how much of the article to post, but the family heard about blood at a trailer belonging to husband's cousin on JVM rather than from police.
Praying for her family, especially those little boys.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/family_lears_about_new_twists.html

Breaking news on this case.   Not sure how much of the article to post, but the family heard about blood at a trailer belonging to husband's cousin on JVM rather than from police.

Thank you Tol.  When I click on the link I get the site index.  Could you post some of the highlights?  If the family heard news from JVM and NOT the police, there's really something wrong with that, imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 08:35:01 PM »

Volunteers find Blood in Search For Missing Van Buren County Mother
FOX 17 News Reporter
7:04 p.m. EST, January 27, 2011

Volunteers searching for Amy Henslee found blood in a camper belonging to a relative, and now tests are underway to determine if the blood is human or from an animal.  The mother of two has been missing since Monday.

James Henslee says the camper is owned by a relative.  James says that relative told him that  he stopped by the Henslee house Monday morning between 9 and 9:30 a.m., but found no one home.  "I'm not ruling anyone or anything out," James told FOX 17 News.  "I'm just praying that we find her alive."

Police shut down traffic Thursday night on County Road 687 in the 42000 block, where the camper is located, as police search the relative's property.  Police on the scene say it was shut down at 6 p.m., and could remain closed for hours.
(snipped)
Edit to provide correct link.  Thank you nicubird.  MuffyBee

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-woma-01252011,0,7836775.story
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:24:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 08:36:29 PM »

Thank you Tol.  When I click on the link I get the site index.  Could you post some of the highlights?  If the family heard news from JVM and NOT the police, there's really something wrong with that, imo.

Here's the correct link:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/family_learns_about_new_twists.html

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 08:39:16 PM »

Here's the correct link for Janet's article as well:

Thank you.  I've noted the correct link in the article.  Muffy
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:25:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »

Thank you, NICU! 
sorry I messed it up.
Reading the report again, I think they saw it on a local broadcast.  I assumed it was JVM because she had it on as breaking news.
Tol
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »

I found it:
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/family_learns_about_new_twists.html
Family learns about new twists in Amy Henslee's case from media, not police
January 27, 2011

HARTFORD TOWNSHIP — The gut-wrenching sobs of Amy Henslee's mother could be heard from the kitchen as she stood by the television and listened to a reporter who knew more about her missing daughter's case than she did.

The television reports from Thursday evening are how the family first heard that police found a trailer with blood in it.

The trailer belongs to a cousin of Amy's husband, James.
(snip)
How could the Van Buren County Sheriff's Department not notify Amy Henslee's family first and keep them informed before the media, demanded close family friend Wendy Boyd.
(snip)
The family had been waiting for hours for authorities to inform them of how the investigating was going to find Amy Henslee, a 30-year-old stay-at-home mom who disappeared Monday morning.

The final blow was when the television reporter erroneously said the Henslee family was already called to the scene of the bloody trailer.

As the family watched the news, nearly 20 vehicles were parked outside James and Amy Henslee's small grayish house. There were several news trucks that looked intimidatingly large on snow-covered County Road 376 located next to fields and woods.

Ever since a morning press conference at the Van Buren County Sheriff's Department, Boyd patiently fielded question after question in front of several cameras.

She invited reporters into the Henslee house and answered more questions when James Henslee was too shaky to speak.

And now, after all that, Boyd was disgusted.
(snip)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

On JVM Mike Brooks said they could determine if it was animal or human blood on the spot.  He said there is a 'kit' they can carry for just this purpose.
The xscripts aren't available yet for a link.  this is just a report on what I heard.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

Considering this cousin of James concedes that he did drop by Henslee home the morning she went missing tells me that this case is not going to end well.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »

Posted: Thursday, 27 January 2011 6:10PM
VB Police Investigating Blood Found: Police Treating As Crime Scene
Joe Garber Reporting

The Van Buren County Sheriff's Department may have a new lead in the case of Amy Henslee. A Michigan private search team found blood in a trailer in woods near a relative's house on a property on County Road 687 in Hartford. They are declaring the area a crime scene. Henslee's cousin Junior Beeve lives there, but he hasn't been ruled a suspect. Our reporting partners at WNDU say the woods are used for hunting. Police said a lot of blood was found inside and outside of the door.
(snipped)
Edit to snip article.  Please post link with only part of the article.  MB

http://www.wsjm.com/VB-Police-Investigating-Blood-Found-By-Henslee-Rel/9075903
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:29:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »

When I considered that Amy has no cell, no vehicle, no computer and ... he husband responded so quickly to not being able to contect his wife three house after he left the house ... I was suspecting James.  I know that in the same situation my husband would not be concerned so quickly ... react so quickly.  He would assume I was at a neighbour's home ... gone for a walk ...

I feel quilty.

Janet

_____

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »

Janet, just remember your heart is good. 
At first blush her husband's behavior did appear to be controlling.
There is still a lot we don't know.
Tol
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »

This is the article that Muffy posted but ... it appears it was just updated in the past few minutes.  I am not sure what has be addded.

Janet

+++++

Family learns about new twists in Amy Henslee's case from media, not police
Published: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 8:15 PM
Updated: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 8:52 PM

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »

We'll wait for more verification.  This is so sad:

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=amy%20body&type=eposts&init=srp#!/profile.php?id=1470272062&sk=wall
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.