March 29, 2024, 04:38:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Sue Henslee 30yrs, Hartford Township, MI missing since 1/24/11(BODY FOUND)  (Read 42998 times)
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »

Tolerance, I agree with you.  I can't understand why she would get in the truck with him. . . I suppose he could have told her something had happened to James at work?  In the pictures of Amy and Beebe together it doesn't look like she is frightened of him. 

As an aside, I don't understand why the people running in that circle had such a fascination of flipping off the camera.     James does it alot and so did Tonya. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »

This was so touching to me - I feel such sorrow for the man and his kids.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/with_video_were_soulmates_for.html

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2011, 08:50:19 PM »

that was really touching...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:55 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/amy_henslee_laid_to_rest_thurs.html
Amy Henslee laid to rest in Lawrence Township cemetery
February 3, 2011
HARTFORD — Nearly every pew at Hartford Federated Church was packed as several hundred people gathered today to say goodbye to Amy Henslee.

Henslee, 30, of Hartford Township, was killed last week. The cousin of her husband, Junior Lee Beebe Jr., was charged in the deaths of Henslee and Tonya Howarth.

Howarth's funeral was Wednesday in Benton Harbor.
(snip)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/mother-1386950-newschannel-bangor.html
Beebe's mother defends her son
February 3, 2011

BANGOR, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - The mother of Junior Beebe, Jr granted Newschannel 3  her only tv interview.

Her son's charged with two counts of open murder.
(snip)
Beebe's mother Karen says her son is not the villain everyone's making him out to be.

She says he's not a killer.

"They're portraying him as some kind of villain or a monster and he's not," said Karen Beebe.

Karen Beebe says she hasn't been able to watch the news since her son has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder.

"My son couldn't do anything like that. He swears he didn't do anything to Amy, that much I do know," said Beebe.

We asked her if Tonya was an accident.

"I am not sure. I don't know," said Beebe.
(snip)
She says she visited BJ in jail recently.
(snip)
It kills her that the Henslee family can't believe BJ's story.

"I understand why they don't believe him. He's just my son and I love him, no matter what happened, I love him, he's my son. If we could turn back the clock and change this we all would but I don't know, I just love him," said Beebe.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:42 AM »

talk about being in denial...wow! his girlfriend and another woman are dead and buried on his property..he has blood in his home..he admits to killing 1 of the women and yet his mom is saying that he didn't do it??? I love my sons beyond life but come on...Mom can still love her son, but don't make yourself look ridiculous...especially to the families who have lost their loved ones because of her son..She should be apologizing for her son's actions. she can still love him but don't alienate others because she doesn't want to see the truth....jmo....If there was no evidence whatsoever to arrest him, I can understand her better...

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/articles/2011/02/08/local_news/3422378.txt

The Missing You Foundation and Mid-Michigan Working Dogs organizations provided a critical piece of the investigation that led to the discovery of the bodies of two women found shot to death and buried in a rural, wooded area of Bangor Township.

But, in the meantime, James Henslee had contacted the Missing You Foundation, based in Albion, to see if it could help.

Jamie Jones, the lead investigator for the organization, was happy to spring into action. Jones, in turn, contacted Sheila Eldridge, of Sheridan, who works with Mid-Michigan Working Dogs, and arrangements were made to bring dogs to the scene.

snip.

So her husband called for assistance from other agencies besides the local LE.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

thanks for the update FCL...

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »

http://www.wsjm.com/Beebe-Pre-Trial-Today/10047469

The trial for the suspect of a Van Buren County double murder is scheduled for next week, but suspect Junior Beebe has a court hearing today. We should expect to learn more details about the exact time the trial will start and if Beebe is keeping his not guilty plea. Today Beebe will be in court for a pre-trial conference.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »

http://www.wsjm.com/Beebe-Pre-Trial-Today/10047469

The trial for the suspect of a Van Buren County double murder is scheduled for next week, but suspect Junior Beebe has a court hearing today. We should expect to learn more details about the exact time the trial will start and if Beebe is keeping his not guilty plea. Today Beebe will be in court for a pre-trial conference.

Thanks for the update New Monkey.  Hoping for justice  ::justice2NJ::

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/06/murder_trial_for_junior_beebe.html

Murder trial for man accused of killing Amy Henslee and Tonya Howarth gets delayed until August

::snipping2::

The trial is now set to begin Aug. 2.

The prosecutor's office said the trial was delayed because the trial for John Bartley, who is accused of running over and killing Joseph Shoyrer with his car on Oct. 30, 2010, will begin Tuesday in front of Judge Paul Hamre, who is the only Van Buren Circuit Court judge.

2 4 1
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com//generic/news/Henslee-Howarth-Beebe-case

Trial began Monday, now in hands of Jury, they will reconvene Tues.

https://twitter.com/#!/LeonHendrix

Edit-needed hyperlink-MB

OS
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:56:20 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/junior-beebe-jury-deliberations-murder

Beebe guilty in Henslee-Howarth murders
Crimes occurred in January

Updated: Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011, 6:36 AM EDT

By Leon Hendrix

PAW PAW, Mich. (WOOD) - A jury has convicted Junior Lee Beebe Jr. in the January deaths of two Van Buren County women.

Beebe was found guilty Tuesday of second-degree murder in Amy Henslee's death, which carries a penalty of life in prison with the possibility of parole. He was found guilty of first-degree murder in Tonya Howarth's death, which has a penalty of mandatory life without parole. He was also found guilty of firearms charges.

When asked point blank after the verdict was read if he killed Howarth and Henslee, Beebe shouted, "No."

The jury began deliberations Friday afternoon and stayed until around 7:30 p.m. Jurors returned to continue deliberations at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. At around 10 a.m., the court went back into session and the judge addressed the jurors' written requests.

Jurors asked for transcripts of testimony regarding DNA evidence, the layout of the trailer where the shootings allegedly occurred, and testimony of one of the first officers on the scene after blood was found at the scene off of County Road 687 in Bangor Township.

Video at link

Justice is served imo.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »

I wonder why he got 2nd degree in Amy's murder rather than 1st?  Either way, I am happy he was found guilty.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

I wonder why he got 2nd degree in Amy's murder rather than 1st?  Either way, I am happy he was found guilty.

I researched and found this:

http://www.michiganprosecutor.org/Define.htm
Glossary of Michigan Criminal Terms ~~~ Michigan PACC
MURDER
    In Michigan, all murder is either in the first or second degree.
* First degree murder: (felony --- mandatory life; no parole) --- "felony murder" (murder committed in the course of another felony), murdering a peace officer in the line of duty, or "premeditated murder". Murder cannot occur accidentally, the defendant must have intended to kill. Premeditation means that the defendant had time to consider the pros and cons of the killing beforehand.
* Second degree murder: (felony --- life or any term of years) --- causing death + intending to kill or do great bodily harm or knowingly creating a very high risk of death or great bodily harm knowing that death or such harm would be the likely result of his/her actions.
* Open Murder: --- Michigan law does not require a prosecutor to choose between First Degree or Second Degree Murder when issuing a complaint, or even at trial. A prosecutor may charge "Open Murder", which is a combination of First and Second Degree Murder, and the jury may determine the appropriate degree based on the proofs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.