April 25, 2024, 07:41:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #180 2/04/11 - 2/22/11  (Read 168142 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »

I haven't seen the so-called diary or journal or whatever for some time, but as I recall the '03 was written with a lead pencil while the entries were written with ink.  It seems to me that the notation '03 could have been added at any time by anyone who had it in their possession prior to handing it over to LE.  In fact, even if with the same kind of writing instrument, someone could have added the '03 at anytime they wished.  It doesn't prove anything at all since the date can't be verified but the year it was made available for sale can be verified. Just a thought.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: February 17, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »

I haven't seen the so-called diary or journal or whatever for some time, but as I recall the '03 was written with a lead pencil while the entries were written with ink.  It seems to me that the notation '03 could have been added at any time by anyone who had it in their possession prior to handing it over to LE.  In fact, even if with the same kind of writing instrument, someone could have added the '03 at anytime they wished.  It doesn't prove anything at all since the date can't be verified but the year it was made available for sale can be verified. Just a thought.

A poster at the hinky meter found this"

.i finally found the additional statements CM wants suppressed....

..detective edwards turns on the recorder just before they put her in the police car------mirandizes her in the car, kc signs the miranda form------and they keep talking as they drive to the building (where she then primps and flirts..)( the white shirt video, where she flips her hair around non-stop)

Edit-Needs link, please.  MB
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:37:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: February 17, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »

I haven't seen the so-called diary or journal or whatever for some time, but as I recall the '03 was written with a lead pencil while the entries were written with ink.  It seems to me that the notation '03 could have been added at any time by anyone who had it in their possession prior to handing it over to LE.  In fact, even if with the same kind of writing instrument, someone could have added the '03 at anytime they wished.  It doesn't prove anything at all since the date can't be verified but the year it was made available for sale can be verified. Just a thought.

..detective edwards turns on the recorder just before they put her in the police car------mirandizes her in the car, kc signs the miranda form------and they keep talking as they drive to the building (where she then primps and flirts..)( the white shirt video, where she flips her hair around non-stop)

Here is the link to where they found it! hmm wonder if anyone has kathi email or has she seen it!! maybe if not someone can surprise her.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: February 17, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »

Here is the link to where they found it! hmm wonder if anyone has kathi email or has she seen it!! maybe if not someone can surprise her.

lol oops here it is

http://www.momlogic.com/cdn/v3/pdf/case ... ements.pdf

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: February 17, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »

..it's the 'secret' recording they have of her in the police car on October 14th, after picking her up on the road and taking her in.

----------amended motion to suppress-----

11. p/p--( After the GJ indictment, the defendant was arrested by detective edwards. He advised the defendant of her Miranda rights.)
"At that time and place the defendant did immediatley invoke her rights to counsel".

12."Immediatley subsequent to the defendant invoking her rights,puruant to Miranda, she was placed in a patrol car and questioned by law enforcement agents , notwithstanding her invocation of her rights , pursuant to Miranda, to counsel, and to remain silent. The questions and all statements allegedly attributed to the Defendant under those circumstances must be suppressed..."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/200 ... ony-mother
lol oops here it is

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »

..it's the 'secret' recording they have of her in the police car on October 14th, after picking her up on the road and taking her in.

11. p/p--( After the GJ indictment, the defendant was arrested by detective edwards. He advised the defendant of her Miranda rights.)
"At that time and place the defendant did immediatley invoke her rights to counsel".

12."Immediatley subsequent to the defendant invoking her rights,puruant to Miranda, she was placed in a patrol car and questioned by law enforcement agents , notwithstanding her invocation of her rights , pursuant to Miranda, to counsel, and to remain silent. The questions and all statements allegedly attributed to the Defendant under those circumstances must be suppressed..."

lol oops here it is

If I recall correctly from listening to the audio she was distinctly asked if she wanted to talk & I believe the same is true when she got to the station.  There is nothing preventing an officer from inquiring if a defendant wants to speak after they've been mirandized, if that defendant is volunteering to do so of their own free will and not coerced....I do not think they will prevail in these circumstances.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »

lol oops here it is

If I recall correctly from listening to the audio she was distinctly asked if she wanted to talk & I believe the same is true when she got to the station.  There is nothing preventing an officer from inquiring if a defendant wants to speak after they've been mirandized, if that defendant is volunteering to do so of their own free will and not coerced....I do not think they will prevail in these circumstances.

Hey, Cappacino, Guess what?  I agree with you on this.  I don't think seasoned detectives would make such a mistake and I think it's silly to claim that they did. (Especially when it is taped. But we know Baez is technically challenged along with a lot of other challenges he seems to have.  Remember the sex seminar!!!) I'm sorry. I couldn't resist that.  No, I could have, but........ok it was fun.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: February 17, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »

lol oops here it is

Hey, Cappacino, Guess what?  I agree with you on this.  I don't think seasoned detectives would make such a mistake and I think it's silly to claim that they did. (Especially when it is taped. But we know Baez is technically challenged along with a lot of other challenges he seems to have.  Remember the sex seminar!!!) I'm sorry. I couldn't resist that.  No, I could have, but........ok it was fun.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #788 on: February 18, 2011, 03:32:21 AM »

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me that Casey was instructed that she had the right to remain silent. Because she talked to detectives after those rights were read to her is evidence plenty that she freely chose to do so. She had just been told of the right to not talk and she immediately began talking. She asked for counsel and she was told she had a right to one. She was given opportunity to retain one when she got to the station. She chose to do that, just like she chose to talk.

I'm sure the defense will say that Counsel would have advised her to keep silent. Well, Casey's an adult and she isn't impaired. She didn't see an attorney beside her, she knew she hadn't spoken with an attorney, she knew she would be given the opportunity to get one and knowing all that SHE CHOSE to talk to detectives. That too is her right.

I don't think the defense will win this one. She could have simply responded to any attempt at conversation, "I'd prefer to say nothing until I speak with an attorney" as she had just been instructed she had every right to do. That's not what she did and she had the right to speak as well.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: February 18, 2011, 04:10:10 AM »

OT-FYI-It is neat that google chrome brings you right back to where you left off in a thread.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: February 18, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/are-the-experts-working-for-jose-baez-superior-to-the-experts-working-for-the-state-of-florida/
Are the Experts Working for Jose Baez Superior to the Experts Working for the State of Florida? 02/17/11

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: February 18, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me that Casey was instructed that she had the right to remain silent. Because she talked to detectives after those rights were read to her is evidence plenty that she freely chose to do so. She had just been told of the right to not talk and she immediately began talking. She asked for counsel and she was told she had a right to one. She was given opportunity to retain one when she got to the station. She chose to do that, just like she chose to talk.

I'm sure the defense will say that Counsel would have advised her to keep silent. Well, Casey's an adult and she isn't impaired. She didn't see an attorney beside her, she knew she hadn't spoken with an attorney, she knew she would be given the opportunity to get one and knowing all that SHE CHOSE to talk to detectives. That too is her right.

I don't think the defense will win this one. She could have simply responded to any attempt at conversation, "I'd prefer to say nothing until I speak with an attorney" as she had just been instructed she had every right to do. That's not what she did and she had the right to speak as well.

Good morning CBB and all--As I recall, the Miranda warning, in addition to advising that "You have a right to an attorney.  If you can't afford one......" it says"You have a right to remain silent.  Anything you say can be used against you."  Casey can't help jabbering all the time.  If I were in a cell next to hers, I think I would claim "Cruel and unusual punishment," if I had to listen to her 24 hours a day. When she was hout, if she didn't have anyone with her to talk to, she would call people and talk for hours on her cellphone.  She just can't shut up.  Look at her mother.  Casey's a chip off the old "Block-head."

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: February 18, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »

I meant "When she was 'Out.'" Give me the coffee and no one gets hurt.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: February 18, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »

I saw this over at THM   http://thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1058&sid=098b74e7ca2093f6a34aeba0bf407bdb&start=950  and I had to share.  Thanks ellejay!  A picture is worth a thousand words!  hehehehe

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: February 18, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »

Tupelo,I love it!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #795 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:17 AM »

I saw this over at THM   http://thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1058&sid=098b74e7ca2093f6a34aeba0bf407bdb&start=950  and I had to share.  Thanks ellejay!  A picture is worth a thousand words!  hehehehe

The more I look at that hair doo, I think WTH and is she on crack? 

Kathi looks like she is looking into the eyes of a devil. I see mom waving at her, how cute, NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: February 18, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »

This may sound like a dumb question, but how hard do u think it would be to get into that courtroom on March 2nd?   I am still going to be in Orlando and would love to attend court that day!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #797 on: February 18, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »

Not a dumb question, Cookie! I'd say there will be some interest, but I say Go For It and come early!! You can be our roving reporter!!   
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »

This may sound like a dumb question, but how hard do u think it would be to get into that courtroom on March 2nd?   I am still going to be in Orlando and would love to attend court that day!

It shouldnt be difficult at all if there is room in the gallery.  Since this is such a high-profile case there will probably be a daily lottery system put in place during the actual trial & you would have to be there hours in advance.  You will go thru metal detector, have your keys, cell phone & other objects that might set it off handy as they will ask you to put it in a bin or something before you go thru it.  Also, have ID on you as you normally would.   You will want to avoid having items such as folding pen knives, metal nail file and such in your purse...there should be a list available to the public to read of items not allowed thru so look around the courthouse for one.

Shoot, if "Wray of sunshine" can get in, you'll get thru with smooth sailing.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: February 18, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »

What a classic "stink eye" glare, phew!  Devil meet pit bull with lipstick...I'm sending Kathi a strand of garlic to put around her neck & a blessed cross.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.