March 28, 2024, 06:04:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #180 2/04/11 - 2/22/11  (Read 167155 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2011, 03:39:49 AM »

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but around here, if a lawyer advertises on TV, they're looser lawyers. I laughed out loud when Baez says in the video "Here at Baez Law Firm, we're on the cutting edge." REALLY? Is not even being able to understand the concept of deadlines imposed by the judge in a case, the cutting edge?   

Check out this cheesy video of baez trying to do a commercial for his law firm. Neither baez or his law firm can even spit out a decent intelligent presentation!!

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/fondo-videos.html

I couldn't even get through the first few minutes of it.

fannie
lol it's bad huh?  they clearly are stupid.

Lets just say their slogan is " Baez Law Firm where Justice Begins" I don't know if I should laugh because it's so ridiculous      or be  that they have the gall to even say something like that
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:18 AM »

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but around here, if a lawyer advertises on TV, they're looser lawyers. I laughed out loud when Baez says in the video "Here at Baez Law Firm, we're on the cutting edge." REALLY? Is not even being able to understand the concept of deadlines imposed by the judge in a case, the cutting edge?   

I wonder if someone could get him for false advertisement. That would be justice

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »

I want to ask a serious question. With Bozo's conduct being so erratic, Both with him being so disorganized not only in and out of court and obviously with the handling of his money with two houses in foreclosure, is it possible he has some sort of an addiction problem? Are lawyers ever drug tested? Is there ever a requirement when their behavior is so far out of hand that they are required to be drug tested and treated in Florida?

I have thought about this for a while. I know there are functioning addicts that can somewhat carry on with their occupations and family life and no one ever suspects. But Bozo is getting so out there and bizarre over the period of time since we first knew about him, I can't help but wonder now if there is not some kind of problem. The thing that really makes me think there is a substance problem is his feeling of grandeur and he feels untouchable and tries to lie his way out of anything. Possibly it is a mental defect, but something about him is really weird.

He didn't have a pristine past either, what with not making the bar, sanctions about money problems, and it makes me think this has been going on for a while. Just my thoughts, and I was wondering if anyone else had some thoughts on this. JMO

Sounds like some sociopathic bahaviors to me and they usually don't stop until they are held legally responsible for there behaviors and dirty deeds, like Casey. I have thought that what attracted Baez to law, was not an interest in justice, but a means for him to always stay one step ahead of the law in his own twisted little world....JMHO

LOL I hear what you are saying Fanny because his mind is twisted & his mind swings are wide but I agree with Samarie, he is a narcissistic sociopath.   He chose this profession because he likes power tripping, enjoys the spotlight & demands attention.  He has no remorse & does not think rules & law apply to himself but to everyone else.  If he was a politician he would be a dictator type.

Good morning Monkeys--I don't think Baez is even smart enough to be a narcissistic sociopath.  I think he's more the village idiot type.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »

Hi, Monkeys---

I have a different perspective about Baez' quest to have the jury made up of a certain ethnic group.  I think I've mentioned before that I consider myself an American, although I am of English descent, some generations ago.  Personally I find it racist to even contemplate that a jury should be chosen because they are of a certain ethnic backgrand, in this case Hispanic.  I would find it prejudicial if the jury were made up of people from say......New Jersey. (Of course a jury in New Jersey would be made up of citizens of New Jersey, but not necessarily born in New Jersey.)  I find the concept distasteful and I hope Judge Perry takes into consideration that to choose a jury because they are of an ethnic background is rather unAmerican.  A jury of our peers should be made be of many ethnic backgrounds and colors just as our peers, as well as Casey's are.  I hope Judge Perry rejects this concept.

What an incompetent lawyer, and I use the title lawyer loosely. I believe the defendent, as in Casey here, is to be judged by a jury of HER PEERS. I realize the defense has a job to do and that is to defend their client even if they are guilty, but Bozo can't even do that much, he has made this all about him, especially by insisting that the jury in this case consist of a majority of hispanics. Does he really think a jury of HIS PEERS will find Casey not guilty after all the state's evidence is brought to light, just because of his ethnicity? Hope he goes out with a bang because I believe this may be the last case he ever tries in a court of law. How insulting to the people of FL, that Bozo thinks only a jury of hispanics could rendor a fair and just verdict in this case based on the fact that the lead duhfense attorney is hispanic. If/when Baez loses his license to practice law, I wonder who will represent him in all his foreclosures, non-payments and criminal trials as a result of his total disregard and disrespect for the law?

We all know that our judicial history did not reflect the entire community a trial was taking place, as unAmerican as it was then as it is now.  In particular this was a struggle African Americans demanded equality on for many years.  We've made great strides since those days but the makeup of the jury is still a consideration today but moreover to ensure a fair representation of the US citizen residents in the area the case is being tried, and NOT based on particular attorney's preference.  This is one of the reasons I have quite a bit of misgivings that the use of jury selection experts are allowed because they consider race, religion & sex which I think needs to be abolished.   We will not finish bridging the gap of prejudicial judgments if we allow it in some manner & not in others.  The fact that out of Bozo's mouth he even considered this only exhibits the type of sleaze he is & insulted every US citizen, not just those of Hispanic origin.   Overall, today's society does not tolerate prejudice or racial profiling and ignorance is finding its way to being equally intolerable, but there is a long way to go before those inclined to have blinders on against people not of their own like get out from under their self-binding mindset.

In the trial of OJ Simpson, since the crime occurred in Brentwood, the trial could have and should have been held there.  But Marcia Clark and Chris Darden and others thought they were so great and that they had such good evidence (They did have good evidence, but as to great, well......) that they could risk having the trial in a predominately African-American area of LA.  African-Americans as well as anyone else can come to a reasonable verdict, but in this case many think they did not.  Judge Ito (And he's another story altogether) had heard that one of the jurors had mentioned "Pay back time" and he questioned the jurors about it and they denied it.  However, I do feel that the black citizens of LA had had enough of the establishment--beatings by LE, opression, and other infractions.  Few can honestly deny this. I believe that they found OJ Simpson not guilty because of this as well as his being a football star and was a role model for many young African-American males--well older ones too, and many whites, as a matter of fact.  I mention this because I believe that Baez thinks he's another Johnny Cochran and if he only has a jury sharing his ethnicity, he can pull this off too.  First of all, of course, he's not Johnny Codhran---not even close.  And I believe the Hispanic community to be fair people, striving to become successful in the US, and many of them succeeding.  They have nothing in common with some white girl who killed her baby.  And they have nothing in common with some idiotic lawyer who happens to be of Hispanic descent.  Were I Hispanic, I would have nothing in common with him.  There's much more to being a good citizen than just clinging to outdated notions, and I don't think Baez has a chance with that.  It's time he rethinks that whole concept.

I too believe that Jury Consultants are little more than persons attempting jury tampering and the entire profession, IMO, should be illegal.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »

I misspelled "Oppression," Sometime I type faster than I think.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2011, 11:33:54 AM »

Hi, Monkeys---

I have a different perspective about Baez' quest to have the jury made up of a certain ethnic group.  I think I've mentioned before that I consider myself an American, although I am of English descent, some generations ago.  Personally I find it racist to even contemplate that a jury should be chosen because they are of a certain ethnic backgrand, in this case Hispanic.  I would find it prejudicial if the jury were made up of people from say......New Jersey. (Of course a jury in New Jersey would be made up of citizens of New Jersey, but not necessarily born in New Jersey.)  I find the concept distasteful and I hope Judge Perry takes into consideration that to choose a jury because they are of an ethnic background is rather unAmerican.  A jury of our peers should be made be of many ethnic backgrounds and colors just as our peers, as well as Casey's are.  I hope Judge Perry rejects this concept.

What an incompetent lawyer, and I use the title lawyer loosely. I believe the defendent, as in Casey here, is to be judged by a jury of HER PEERS. I realize the defense has a job to do and that is to defend their client even if they are guilty, but Bozo can't even do that much, he has made this all about him, especially by insisting that the jury in this case consist of a majority of hispanics. Does he really think a jury of HIS PEERS will find Casey not guilty after all the state's evidence is brought to light, just because of his ethnicity? Hope he goes out with a bang because I believe this may be the last case he ever tries in a court of law. How insulting to the people of FL, that Bozo thinks only a jury of hispanics could rendor a fair and just verdict in this case based on the fact that the lead duhfense attorney is hispanic. If/when Baez loses his license to practice law, I wonder who will represent him in all his foreclosures, non-payments and criminal trials as a result of his total disregard and disrespect for the law?

We all know that our judicial history did not reflect the entire community a trial was taking place, as unAmerican as it was then as it is now.  In particular this was a struggle African Americans demanded equality on for many years.  We've made great strides since those days but the makeup of the jury is still a consideration today but moreover to ensure a fair representation of the US citizen residents in the area the case is being tried, and NOT based on particular attorney's preference.  This is one of the reasons I have quite a bit of misgivings that the use of jury selection experts are allowed because they consider race, religion & sex which I think needs to be abolished.   We will not finish bridging the gap of prejudicial judgments if we allow it in some manner & not in others.  The fact that out of Bozo's mouth he even considered this only exhibits the type of sleaze he is & insulted every US citizen, not just those of Hispanic origin.   Overall, today's society does not tolerate prejudice or racial profiling and ignorance is finding its way to being equally intolerable, but there is a long way to go before those inclined to have blinders on against people not of their own like get out from under their self-binding mindset.

In the trial of OJ Simpson, since the crime occurred in Brentwood, the trial could have and should have been held there.  But Marcia Clark and Chris Darden and others thought they were so great and that they had such good evidence (They did have good evidence, but as to great, well......) that they could risk having the trial in a predominately African-American area of LA.  African-Americans as well as anyone else can come to a reasonable verdict, but in this case many think they did not.  Judge Ito (And he's another story altogether) had heard that one of the jurors had mentioned "Pay back time" and he questioned the jurors about it and they denied it.  However, I do feel that the black citizens of LA had had enough of the establishment--beatings by LE, opression, and other infractions.  Few can honestly deny this. I believe that they found OJ Simpson not guilty because of this as well as his being a football star and was a role model for many young African-American males--well older ones too, and many whites, as a matter of fact.  I mention this because I believe that Baez thinks he's another Johnny Cochran and if he only has a jury sharing his ethnicity, he can pull this off too.  First of all, of course, he's not Johnny Codhran---not even close.  And I believe the Hispanic community to be fair people, striving to become successful in the US, and many of them succeeding.  They have nothing in common with some white girl who killed her baby.  And they have nothing in common with some idiotic lawyer who happens to be of Hispanic descent.  Were I Hispanic, I would have nothing in common with him.  There's much more to being a good citizen than just clinging to outdated notions, and I don't think Baez has a chance with that.  It's time he rethinks that whole concept.

I too believe that Jury Consultants are little more than persons attempting jury tampering and the entire profession, IMO, should be illegal.

ITA & I've in the past mentioned that in Baez's mind he thinks he is the next Johnny Cochran...not even close is right.  Baez doesnt have a pinkie's worth of what JC possessed as an attorney.   While Johnny Cochran along with the rest of the one and only "dream team" accomplished in that trial was nothing short of brilliant & they took advantage of every defense tactic there was known & created new ones along the way.   When they argued a motion they cited case law & established precedent, Johnny's charisma & decorum in the court room never hurt either...something Baez & company sorely lack.  As far as the jury goes in that trial, agreed again I feel that other factors weighed into their decision more than the facts of the case alone.     BTW, I also agree very strongly about the point you made regarding Sonia Sotomayor & felt outraged by it.

Baez has made a grave error in how he has attempted to get sympathy from the Hispanic community.   One, he is so self-absorbed he actually has advertised that he is the "first Latino" attorney to try a capital murder case (as if that will get him somewhere & Im not entirely sure if he's correct on that issue) but I doubt there is one citizen in the US that cares about what that means to puffing his own feathers.  Two, he did not take the time to consider that ALL citizens, much less ones of Hispanic origin may just have "beef" with him & his client for dragging an innocent woman in the mud & accusing her of kidnapping/murder.   Three, he insulted the intelligence of EVERY citizen by assuming a particular portion of that society would be more naive and/or sympathetic.    Truthfully, if this man doesnt get disbarred after all his egregious conduct I will have lost more faith in our judicial system as it stands.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2011, 11:38:35 AM »

I've had the same blush  quite a few times.   I also notice that the once "barely ever typo" status I possessed for years has dwindled in recent years.  I feel the necessity to correct obvious ones I make but I never notice an error or typo by another as a reflection on their intelligence or capability...its all good Babybear 

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »

I truly believe that all Florida jurors, no matter their ethnic background, have one thing in common..they are Florida taxpayers and I imagine they are pizzed.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2011, 01:55:36 PM »

I truly believe that all Florida jurors, no matter their ethnic background, have one thing in common..they are Florida taxpayers and I imagine they are pizzed.

I'm not a Florida Taxpayer anymore and I am still pizzed. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »

Hi, Monkeys---

ITA & I've in the past mentioned that in Baez's mind he thinks he is the next Johnny Cochran...not even close is right.  Baez doesnt have a pinkie's worth of what JC possessed as an attorney.   While Johnny Cochran along with the rest of the one and only "dream team" accomplished in that trial was nothing short of brilliant & they took advantage of every defense tactic there was known & created new ones along the way.   When they argued a motion they cited case law & established precedent, Johnny's charisma & decorum in the court room never hurt either...something Baez & company sorely lack.  As far as the jury goes in that trial, agreed again I feel that other factors weighed into their decision more than the facts of the case alone.     BTW, I also agree very strongly about the point you made regarding Sonia Sotomayor & felt outraged by it.

Baez has made a grave error in how he has attempted to get sympathy from the Hispanic community.   One, he is so self-absorbed he actually has advertised that he is the "first Latino" attorney to try a capital murder case (as if that will get him somewhere & Im not entirely sure if he's correct on that issue) but I doubt there is one citizen in the US that cares about what that means to puffing his own feathers.  Two, he did not take the time to consider that ALL citizens, much less ones of Hispanic origin may just have "beef" with him & his client for dragging an innocent woman in the mud & accusing her of kidnapping/murder.   Three, he insulted the intelligence of EVERY citizen by assuming a particular portion of that society would be more naive and/or sympathetic.    Truthfully, if this man doesnt get disbarred after all his egregious conduct I will have lost more faith in our judicial system as it stands.

Capp
I agree that he should be disbarred. He is doing no justice to those seeking help for serious charges such as this unique different one he is doing(pun) now. I as a hispanic woman have never done the racial thing! he is an idiot and does not have any business practicing  law.
I went online and seen that there are many hispanic attorneys and dont you find it funny that none have anything to do with him! other than the few peeon's that he has in his office.  Have we seen any of the many hispanic attorneys!1  have they stood up and been a voice for him ? hell no and they wont tarnish their rep's for him iether.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »

Hi, Monkeys---

Capp
I agree that he should be disbarred. He is doing no justice to those seeking help for serious charges such as this unique different one he is doing(pun) now. I as a hispanic woman have never done the racial thing! he is an idiot and does not have any business practicing  law.
I went online and seen that there are many hispanic attorneys and dont you find it funny that none have anything to do with him! other than the few peeon's that he has in his office.  Have we seen any of the many hispanic attorneys!1  have they stood up and been a voice for him ? hell no and they wont tarnish their rep's for him iether.

found this at the hinkymeter.com
this is so true well weve heard it all I know but this is realy good tooo
Casey Anthony Defense Up In Smoke?
02/05/2011
donchais

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/20 ... -in-smoke

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »

You think just fine, Babybear! I too watched the OJ trial and agree with your post totally! I would only add that the defense attys, post trial, said the case was won the day the jury selection was completed.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2011, 03:17:14 PM »

<snipped>
02/05/2011
donchais

That link does not work.

Sad

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »

Check out this cheesy video of baez trying to do a commercial for his law firm. Neither baez or his law firm can even spit out a decent intelligent presentation!!

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/fondo-videos.html

I couldn't even get through the first few minutes of it.

Talk about a legend in his own mind . . . I couldn't watch the whole thing either!

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »

Ahhh!  I wondered where all Casey's money went!  Since this case hasn't led to stardom for Jose ... he's gone with "creative" advertising!   Monkey Devil!

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »

Ahhh!  I wondered where all Casey's money went!  Since this case hasn't led to stardom for Jose ... he's gone with "creative" advertising!   Monkey Devil!

BBM.
...hahaha! right!

Creative and yet unfinished advertising. His own bio/summary is missing: http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html

I also noticed that all the links on the FAQ page were missing.

All the videos on the main page were in Spanish.

If completed, would be a slick looking (albeit full of Bull) website.

JMO.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »

<snipped>
02/05/2011
donchais

That link does not work.

Sad

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/author/donchais/
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »

<snipped>
02/05/2011
donchais

That link does not work.

Sad

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/author/donchais/

Thank you Wink

an angelic monkey

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »

Samire said (wayyy back) "Does he really think a jury of HIS PEERS will find Casey not guilty after all the state's evidence is brought to light, just because of his ethnicity?"

I ask, does he really think, Hispanic lawyer or not, that a Hispanic jury will be "ok" with her obviously setting up the Hispanics as the guilty party?  If he gets his way with the Hispanic jury, I hope the other side reminds them that it was pretty much racist for Casey to place the blame on a Hispanic nanny - furthermore one that didn't even exist, but was concocted of the racist stereotypes in her (or George's) head.  I would find her choice HIGHLY insulting.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

Samire said (wayyy back) "Does he really think a jury of HIS PEERS will find Casey not guilty after all the state's evidence is brought to light, just because of his ethnicity?"

I ask, does he really think, Hispanic lawyer or not, that a Hispanic jury will be "ok" with her obviously setting up the Hispanics as the guilty party?  If he gets his way with the Hispanic jury, I hope the other side reminds them that it was pretty much racist for Casey to place the blame on a Hispanic nanny - furthermore one that didn't even exist, but was concocted of the racist stereotypes in her (or George's) head.  I would find her choice HIGHLY insulting.

Hi Starwynn---I think it's racist too.  Remember Susan Smith?  A black guy hijacked her car with her two little boys in it.  Also that guy in Boston who killed his pregnant wife--a black guy did it.  Both of them lied, apparently with the thought that these crimes would be more credible if they could be blamed on a black guy.  And Casey blames a Hispanic woman for the disappearance of her daughter, and likely will blame her for Caylee's death. That's so racist. I think Baez is a racist for even suggesting that he wants a Hispanic jury.  I suppose he thinks his Latino charm (Gag me with a spoon) can overcome his lack of defense for Casey.  He isn't charming.  He's actually repulsive and it has nothing to do with his ethnicity.  He's just a repugnant guy.  No charm.  No personality. No nuttin'.  If he's depending on that, Casey's a goner.  Well, she is anyway, but he's no help.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.