March 28, 2024, 04:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Clarke & Lisa Straub Murdered in Ohio - 02/01/11 arrests/trial 6/4/12 CONVICTION of 1  (Read 20702 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 02, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/01/ohio-authorities-investigate-strange-slayings-of-johnny-clarke-a/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C198800

snipped:

Authorities Investigate Strange Slaying of Young Ohio CoupleFeb 1, 2011 – 6:02 PM

David Lohr
 Contributor
A young Ohio couple were found slain inside their home, and police say they have no suspects or motive in the mysterious crime.

The Lucas County Sheriff's Office has identified the couple as 21-year-old Johnny Clarke and his girlfriend, 20-year old Lisa Straub. Their bodies were discovered shortly before 4 a.m. Monday by Clarke's father, John P. Clarke.

Facebook
Johnny Clarke, left, and Lisa Straub were found slain inside their home Monday.The couple lived with Straub's parents, who were out of town on a Caribbean cruise for their 25th wedding anniversary. The Straubs' home is on Longacre Road in Holland, about 15 miles southwest of Toledo, police said.

Authorities suspect the slayings occurred sometime between 1 and 4 a.m. Monday. The couple was last seen alive Sunday night, when Clarke picked Straub up from her job at a T.G.I. Friday's restaurant. They apparently made it home, but what happened to them afterward remains a mystery.

The elder Clarke broke into the Straubs' home after he and his wife made several unsuccessful attempts to contact the couple. Johnny Clarke's mother had a "gut feeling" that something was wrong, according to Lucas County Sheriff's Detective Cathy Stooksbury.

"They were found in a dining room/kitchen area of the home," Stooksbury told AOL News. "They both had plastic bags over their heads and their hands were bound with duct tape."

Edited to add names to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:31:40 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »

http://toledoblade.com/article/20110202/NEWS16/102020307

Comments (15) Recommendations (2) Article published February 02, 2011
Springfield Twp. slaying: Police tapes capture mother's frantic calls

The bodies of Johnny S. Clarke and his girlfriend, Lisa Straub, were discovered by Mr. Clarke's father.

By JENNIFER FEEHAN
BLADE STAFF WRITER

Johnny S. Clarke was talking to a friend on his cell phone when he was startled by what he saw at the door, according to police tapes.

"This girl says she was on the phone with my son and his girlfriend, and he was supposed to go pick her up," his mother, Maytee Vasquez-Clarke, said in her first call to 911 at 1:21 a.m. Monday. "He was telling her he was going out the door, and all she heard was the phone drop and heard my son saying in the background, 'Who are you? What do you want? What are you doing here?'... Oh my God, ma'am, I'm so afraid something happened bad. Oh my God."

<snipped>

Sister - thanks for the info. on this.  Here's more with a picture.  Too horrible!
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

http://toledoblade.com/article/20110202/NEWS16/102020307

This is the same link as above, and the details are horrible! There are also 3 911 calls at this link and you can hear the desperation in the mom's voice. 

"I feel like this is a nightmare and I just need to wake up and give him a kiss and talk to him," Mrs. Vasquez-Clarke said. "I can't stand life. His little brothers cry for him constantly. My 7-year-old writes letters to him in heaven. My 15-year-old won't come out of his room."
Lucas County Coroner James Patrick said autopsies performed Tuesday showed that both Ms. Straub and Mr. Clarke died from asphyxiation. They had injuries to their necks but no other significant marks, he said.

Hopefully they'll be able to get prints off that duct tape and catch whoever did this.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

This story is terrifying!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »

how awful!
I hope they find the killers and they are punished for doing this!

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »

Sheriff pursuing leads in Springfield Twp. murders

by Brian Schwartz
Posted: 03.07.2011 at 1:13 PM

TOLEDO, OH -- Lucas County Sheriff James A. Telb says his department continues to pursue leads in the double homicide of Johnny S. Clarke and Lisa Straub that occurred in Springfield Twp. on January 31, 2011.

Deputies are confident that the murder was not a random act of violence and that the Clarke and Straub were targeted by their assailants. They do not believe the killers were "professionals" but have no motive for the crime as of now7
 ::snipping2::

Edit to add link.  MB
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=589699
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:58:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »

Oops!! 

Here's the link for the post above.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=589699
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 01:39:15 PM »

http://www.rewardstv.net/unsolved-crimes/15000-double-murder-reward/

$15,000 DOUBLE MURDER REWARD
Posted by Max Cannon

The reward has doubled in the case of a young couple murdered on January 31, 2011. Twenty-one-year-old Johnny Clarke and 20 year-old Lisa Straub were found dead in her parents’ home in Springfield Township, OH, with wrists bound and plastic bags over their heads.

As the reward money grows to $15,000, Straub’s family is revealing what they believe happened that tragic morning.

Johny Clarke was talking to a friend on the phone at 11 p.m. on the night of the murder. He was supposed to go pick her up, according to the Toledo Blade. “He was telling her he was going out the door,” says his mom, Maytee Vasquez-Clarke, in her first 911 call at 1:21 a.m. “And all she heard was the phone drop and heard my son saying in the background, ‘Who are you? What do you want? What are you doing here?’”

In the meantime, detectives are also looking into whether Johnny made any enemies in prison. Daniel St. Clair, Quintwez Sanders and Johnny were busted in 2007 for robbing two different men in Toledo at gunpoint. Johnny was just 18 at the time.

He pleaded not contest to second-degree robbery and was given three years in the slam. But a year later, the judge granted him early release and placed him on probation for three years.

Relatives now believe the killers were looking for a safe that didn’t exist. Though holes were punched in the walls and rooms were tossed, the bad guys left behind jewelry, computers and TVs, leading relatives to believe they were looking for a bigger score

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Clarke--Straub-targeted--Sheriff-says

Clarke, Straub targeted, Sheriff says

Updated: Monday, 07 Mar 2011, 10:32 PM EST
Published : Monday, 07 Mar 2011, 10:32 PM EST
by Nicole Collier, FOX Toledo News reporter

In fact, sheriff detectives believe Mr. Clarke, 21, and Ms. Straub, 20, were targeted.

The young couple was found murdered in the pre-dawn hours of Jan. 31 inside Ms. Straub's parent's Longacre Lane home. Their hands were bound, and plastic bags were taped over the victim's heads. They died of asphyxiation.

Ms. Straub's family says the new development and an increased $17,000 reward gives them hope that justice is on the way.

(video at link)

"Lisa did not deserve to die this way," said Jim Verbosky, uncle. "She struggled for her last breath. We know people are talking, and people do talk. We hope somebody will talk and we can start the closure process. We know that it takes time to process. We obviously want them to take the the time to process it right."

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 01:45:44 AM »

(Transcript)

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Young Couple Tied Up, Suffocated; Man, 24, Disappears after Car Crash in Storm

Aired February 7, 2011 - 19:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST (voice-over): Tonight, sheer terror. Dramatic bone-chilling 911 calls just released in a mind-boggling double murder. A young woman and her boyfriend found dead inside her parents` home, their hands bound and plastic bags pulled over their heads. Tonight, I`ll talk with one of the victims` devastated moms as new evidence is uncovered. Why did this horror happen?

Plus, it`s been an entire year since this California family of four mysteriously disappeared. The McStays` car was found abandoned by the Mexican border. Now for the first time, the father of this missing dad talks about what he thinks happened. Tonight I`ll talk to Joseph McStay`s baffled brother.

Then chaos erupts at an off-campus college party. Two young men are accused of shooting up a fraternity house after one was reportedly kicked out for fighting. One person is dead, nearly a dozen wounded. I`ll talk to one of the students who was at this frat party turned war zone.

ISSUES starts now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MAYTEE LA CUBANA VAZQUEZ, VICTIM`S MOTHER: You need to get the police out to 2161 Longacre Lane. My son is in the basement tied up in this house. I just saw him through the window. The police were out here earlier and did absolutely nothing! All cell phones are on the ground, and we can see the people. Him and his girlfriend are tied up in the basement!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, horror as two young lives are snuffed out, and their killer is on the loose as we speak. Was this a robbery gone bad? Or was this couple specifically targeted, and if so, why? A grieving mom joins me tonight in her desperate search for justice.

The bodies of her 21-year-old son, Johnny Clarke, and his 20-year-old girlfriend, Lisa Straub, were discovered inside their Ohio home a week ago. Their hands were tied; their heads were covered with plastic bags. The couple appears to have suffocated to death. There were no signs of a break-in.

Earlier that night, Johnny was on the phone with a friend when Johnny suddenly started speaking to some apparent stranger who`s in the house, and he drops the phone. That worried friend who was on the other end of the line calls Johnny`s mom eventually. His mom then makes the first of three calls to 911.

Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

VAZQUEZ: All she hears is the phone drop and my son Johnny saying, "Who are you? What do you want? What are you doing here?"

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police made two visits to the home. They say they walked around the house, peered in the windows, but saw nothing wrong.

Finally, Johnny`s dad went to the house, kicked in the door and made this horrific discovery.

So what happened to Johnny and Lisa? What are your theories? Give me a call: 1-877-JVM-SAYS.

Straight out to my very special guest tonight, Maytee Vazquez, Johnny Clarke`s mother.

First of all, Maytee, our deepest condolences. We are so very sorry this has happened to you. I can`t imagine what you are feeling right now. We want to help you find justice, and to that end, tell us about your son. He was yelling into the phone, "Who are you?" What do you think happened?

VAZQUEZ: I think that him and Lisa were supposed to have guests come over, from what I`m hearing, and somehow I believe in my mind that this girl that made this phone call knows more than what she`s telling. I think it was a setup. I think it was premeditated. I think they knew the parents were going to be gone and out of town.

These people had gone out there a few nights in a row shooting pool with the kids. And they went in there to rob them. The girl called...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Maytee, you -- Maytee, if you could look up at me. I`m sorry, ma`am, if you could look up into the camera. Thank you so much. This girl, who apparently she waited before calling? In other words, she`s on the other end of the line. Your son goes, "Who are you? What do you want?" Drops the phone and she doesn`t immediately call for help? She waits. Is that true?

VAZQUEZ: She waits two hours. She waits two hours to call a friend of his that knows me and tells the friend, "I think something really bad happened to John and Lisa. I was on the phone with them. I heard such and such," you know, what you repeated on the show earlier. "And I heard Johnny drop the phone. I`ve gone by the house a few times. It looks ransacked. It looks like cabinets and doors are open. I think somebody needs to call Johnny`s mom and tell them something bad has happened."

And I asked the friend that called me to give me her cell phone number. She talks to me, tells me the same story. I`m asking her, "Why aren`t you calling the police when you were on the phone with them at 11? Anybody in their normal mind would have called the police if something like this is happening." And she has no explanation. So...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I -- there`s so many things that I don`t understand. No. 1, if there`s no break-in, how does this person or persons get in to this home where your son was staying with his girlfriend without him realizing they`d gotten into the house? Because he`s on the phone...

VAZQUEZ: The garage door.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What? The garage door!

VAZQUEZ: The garage door.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So the garage door`s open.

VAZQUEZ: Everyone -- everyone would enter in and out through the garage door. There was a key that would sit in a box next to the door that goes from the garage into the home. I`ve watched the kids many times pick out the key out of the box, open the door to the house, and put the key right back in. Unless the kid...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So you think it`s somebody that knew how to get into this house and maybe had been there before and had some kind of relationship with your son?

VAZQUEZ: Or with Lisa. Lisa.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Or with the girlfriend.

VAZQUEZ: Because she knew more kids out in Springfield. My son didn`t live in Springfield.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What was your son doing there? Your son is what, 21?

VAZQUEZ: Twenty-one.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What did he do? What did he do? Was he at school? Did he have a job?

VAZQUEZ: Johnny was in barber school. Johnny was in barber school. And Johnny had been staying with Lisa for the past few weeks. The kids were back and forth between my house and Lisa`s house. They would stay at my house a week or two. They would go to Lisa`s house a week or two. They were always back and forth.

Since the parents had the cruise planned to go out of town, the kids were going to be out there house-sitting.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police have raised the possibility that this might be a robbery gone bad. However, how do you explain that the cell phones, the wallets and the computers of your son, who was viciously murdered, and his girlfriend, who was also murdered, were left behind? And they also found a key stamped with the numbers 544 under Lisa`s body. So do you think that this was a robbery, or does it seem like something else was going on here?
VAZQUEZ: I think it was premeditated. I think their intent was robbery.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, why not take all of that, then?

VAZQUEZ: Well -- I don`t know if there was money in the wallet or not. I think whoever did this is probably trying to make a statement of some type. She had a very jealous ex-boyfriend.

You know, the kids were very kind kids, very trusting. My son would give the shirt off his back to anyone that needed it. He cut hair for a living until he graduated from barber school. That`s what he was doing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I have to ask you this, and this is not in any way, shape or form to -- you know, embarrass you or the family, but we are trying to solve this. And we want to find justice for you and your family. You`ve been through hell. Your son did have a criminal history. He served about a year and a half for robberies he committed back when he was 18.

VAZQUEZ: No, no. I`m not going to go into none of that, no. I`m not.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Quick question. OK. Quick question.

VAZQUEZ: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you think he had any enemies? That`s all I`m trying to figure out.

VAZQUEZ: No, he did not have any enemies. And actually, Lisa`s boyfriend was in prison for robbery and just got out of prison a couple months ago.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes...

VAZQUEZ: Lisa`s ex-boyfriend was in prison for robbery. Yes, my son, no, he didn`t have any enemies. This has nothing to do with my son.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, OK.

VAZQUEZ: She would be more connected to this than my son would.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s...

VAZQUEZ: These people knew...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead.

VAZQUEZ: These people knew her and they knew how to get into her house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Can we rewind and take a...

VAZQUEZ: My son did not live there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. And listen, I know you are suffering so much. We want to be part of making this a step toward justice. OK? We understand that this is just the worst thing that could ever happen to a mother is to lose their son.

VAZQUEZ: This is the most horrible thing that could ever happen to anyone. These people are demons that killed my son and Lisa. They need to be found, and justice needs to be served on them, OK?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely. And we want to...

VAZQUEZ: These people need the death sentence. And somebody needs to crack and come forward. OK? Somebody needs to come forward, because somebody knows what happened there that night.

When I spoke to his friends, the house he was at before he went to pick up Lisa from work where he had been playing his X-box Live, he told them, "I`m going to pick Lisa up from work. We`re going back to the house. We have people coming over. We`re going to shoot some pool." OK?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/07/ijvm.01.html
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »

Couple died of asphyxiation, coroner says

Updated: Tuesday, 01 Feb 2011, 9:16 PM EST

TOLEDO, Ohio (WUPW) - Lucas County Coroner Dr. James Patrick said after conducting an autopsy on Lisa Straub and John Clarke, the young couple died of asphyxiation.

Dr. Patrick also observed injuries around the necks of both victims.

FOX Toledo News asked the coroner if either of the victims had any other injuries. Dr Patrick said, "neither had any other significant injuries."

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Couple-died-of-asphyxiation--coroner-says
Edit to snip article.  Please post only link and partial article.  MB

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:22:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »

http://www.hollandsfj.us/HSnews.html

Murder victim's family upset by comments of sheriffs dept. official

Family members of a murdered Springfield Township woman have asked the township trustees to correct the official record following comments from a Lucas County sheriff's office about the case.

Lucas County Sheriff's Sergeant James Schiavone expressed opinions at a February 22 trustees meeting about the homicide investigation for Lisa Straub, 20, and Johnny S. Clarke, 21, who were found executed January 31 in a home on Longacre Lane.

However, Jim Verbosky, uncle of Ms. Straub, told the trustees at a March 7 meeting that the family is disputing many of the sergeant's statements.

Mr. Verbosky described the comments made as "inaccurate and irresponsible."
"He's not part of the investigation nor has he been privy to that information," he said. "It was unprofessional on his part."

Sgt. Schiavone said he believes the drug-related crime was a professional "hit," instigated by actions of the victims.

Mr. Verbosky said his niece had never been arrested for drug charges and had no gang connections.

The sergeant also had told the trustees that he believes the suspects are likely no longer in the area and so the reward money would not be effective in finding the murderers.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »

::MonkeyDance::UPDATE

CWilliams charged for Clarke-Straub murders, Straub family calls for death sentence

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 6:30 PM DT Updated: Sep 23, 2011 6:25 PM CDT
By Lisa Rantala
By Colleen Wells
http://www.wtol.com/story/15529097/man-arrested-in-straub-clarke-double-murder
TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Sam Williams, 24, was arraigned by video Friday for the murders of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clarke.

Williams faces two counts of murder and two counts of aggravated burglary. His bond has been set at $5 million. He'll be back in court Monday with a public defender.

When the judge asked if he worked, Williams said he was a student and did not work. Williams has apparently been studying at Owens Community College.

We're told detectives first brought Williams into the jail for a domestic violence warrant out of Toledo.  In that case, he's accused of kicking in the door of his ex wife in March and threatening to beat her up.
The charges stem from the break-in of Lisa Straub's parents' home and murders of Lisa and her live-in boyfriend Johnny Clarke.  It was Johnny's father who busted open the door to the Longacre Road home Jan. 31 and found both Lisa and Johnny dead with their hands bound with duct tape and plastic bags over their heads.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »

Straub family "Relieved, not happy"

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 4:19 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 30, 2011 4:20 PM CDT
13abc.com Ashley Roth
It took more than 7 months but a suspect is jailed in a brutal double murder in Springfield Township. The bodies of John Clarke, 21 and Lisa Straub, 20 were found in Straub's parents home on January 31st. Her parents were on a cruise at the time. Investigators believe Clarke and Straub were killed during a robbery. Their hands were bound with tape and plastic bags were found over their heads.

As you can imagine, this has been an emotional day for the families of both victims. Family members are dealing with a flood of emotions but they're doing the best they can. They say they're relieved someone has finally been arrested but they definitely don't consider themselves happy.

Even though an arrest has been made, Lisa Straub's family says this is only the beginning. They believe the way the couple was found: duct taped with bags over their heads, could not have been the work of one person. "The suspect that's been arrested did not act alone. This person could not have murdered two people." said family member James Verbosky.
The suspect, Samuel Williams has been charged with two counts of murder and two counts of aggravated burglary in this case. Police have not released what led them to Williams. The arrest comes as good news to neighbors, especially to those who know the family. Sherinda Key says, "It makes me feel at ease. I've got an alarm but that ain't going to help you if someone wants to get in they're gonna get in. I'm just a neighbor but whatever he's got coming for him he deserves it."
http://www.13abc.com/story/15536719/straub-family-relieved

Williams is in the Lucas County Jail right now and is expected to be back in court next week. 13abc's Ashley Roth spoke with both family members of Straub and Clarke and they both say they ate going to be there every step of the process until justice is served.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »

Perp on the right, Samuel Williams

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2011/09/22/Suspect-arrested-in-Springfield-Township-double-homicide.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2011/12/06/May-trial-date-set-for-suspect-in-double-homicide.html
May trial date set for suspect in double homicide
December 6, 2011

A May 30 trial date was set in Lucas County Common Pleas Court for one of two men who face the death penalty if convicted of the slayings of a couple in Springfield Township.

Cameo Pettaway, 22, of 133 Essex Dr., is charged with two counts of aggravated murder, one count of aggravated burglary, and two counts of kidnapping. He and co-defendant Samuel Todd Williams, 24, of 1626 Kelsey Ave., are charged with the Jan. 31 slayings of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clarke.

On Tuesday, Judge James Bates set an April date to hear any pretrial issues as well as the trial date. He also ordered that an independent DNA laboratory be chosen by both the state and the defense to test certain pieces of evidence.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2011/12/06/May-trial-date-set-for-suspect-in-double-homicide.html
May trial date set for suspect in double homicide
December 6, 2011

A May 30 trial date was set in Lucas County Common Pleas Court for one of two men who face the death penalty if convicted of the slayings of a couple in Springfield Township.

Cameo Pettaway, 22, of 133 Essex Dr., is charged with two counts of aggravated murder, one count of aggravated burglary, and two counts of kidnapping. He and co-defendant Samuel Todd Williams, 24, of 1626 Kelsey Ave., are charged with the Jan. 31 slayings of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clarke.

On Tuesday, Judge James Bates set an April date to hear any pretrial issues as well as the trial date. He also ordered that an independent DNA laboratory be chosen by both the state and the defense to test certain pieces of evidence.

cartfly and MuffyBee, thank you for the updates.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »

You're welcome Sister. I've just not seen much news about this case.  I hope there will be justice for the victims.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.