April 26, 2024, 05:37:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obamacare, Wall St., & Enron  (Read 856 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:45 AM »

What do Obamacare, Wall St., & Enron have in common?

From my perspective, a strange way of working/massaging the numbers.

I watched today as several Senators talked about the CBO being professional, un-biased, used to score bills by Democrats and Republicans alike, and again 'professional'.  Nothing was mentioned of their track record.  I think they have been used to create decades of smokescreen for bad spending, and fiscal irresponsibility.

What kind of process continues decade after decade with fuzzy math?  Math that doesn't look so healthy when it sees the light of day and comes away scorched?  Math that cannot be independently duplicated and that come back with a good answer?

It sounds like the kind of math practiced at the big banks on Wall St. and at Freddie/Fannie.   How is it possible that after a decade, nobody on Wall St., Freddie/Fannie, and at the regulatory agencies didn't notice that they were failing at an alarming rate?  Nobody in Congress noticed a stench?  "Freddie/Fannie are sound..."

More purposeful Enron style accounting?  For Obamacare, I think the best way to sum up the CBO scoring (from the things I've read) is 'garbage in/garbage out'.   

If you already have a number you want published for your bill, you just give them the garbage in, the directions, and they should be able to provide the 'garbage' numbers you want them to spit out.  If they have no ability to provide REAL criticism or alternative scoring based on common sense, I think the process is rigged, bogus, and extremely biased.  Almost like a lie being foisted on the American public. 

Where are the independent auditors for the CBO numbers?  Wall St. banks?  Federal Reserve?  Enron?

Garbage In, Garbage Out

If the problems with Obamacare's accounting are noticed by so many, why keep defending something the majority of American's don't want?  What happened to majority rules? 

Americans have been taken to the cleaners by Washington, Wall St., and big global businesses.  The process stinks. 

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.