March 28, 2024, 09:36:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #181 2/22/11 - 3/02/11  (Read 128458 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »

Any one know what the rules are for cameras in/at the courthouse?  I'm assuming they're not allowed.....    I'll take as many photos as possible, every where I go.   

Can't find anything specifically about cameras.
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/about/courthouses/orange/

Thought this was funny:  Note: Do not drink, eat, smoke or chew Gum in the Courthouses. Please do not Talk loudly as to disrupt court proceedings. From here: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/programs-services/tours/index.shtml

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

Any one know what the rules are for cameras in/at the courthouse?  I'm assuming they're not allowed.....    I'll take as many photos as possible, every where I go.   

No pictures in the court room/house. And remember to turn you cell phone off. IIRC the A's and the defense team no longer leave by the regular door unless they are trying to get media time.....something tells me they will not be wanting media time after this hearing Monkey Devil!  I'd sit and stay as close to Kathi B as possible

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/blog/behind-the-news/os-casey-town-explanation-20110228,0,510465.story
Casey Town was off-hand remark, not official designation
Orlando Sentinel did not invent term 'Casey Town' but did use it in a story.

video at link.
By Alan Schmadtke, Orlando Sentinel

3:36 p.m. EST, February 28, 2011
Nobody at the Orlando Sentinel invented the term "Casey Town."

What we did do, however, was write a story that used the term.

Clearly, the story and the term struck a nerve.

Hal Boedeker, our TV Guy blogger and TV critic, has been deluged by reader comments about the story since it first appeared late afternoon Friday.
Readers are offended about naming anything that refers to Casey Anthony, the 20s mother who is in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial for murder. She is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie.

Boedeker's readers asked for more of an explanation about the term, hinting the Orlando Sentinel — or in this case, I — created the term "Casey Town."

We didn't create anything.

I've given an explanation to TV Guy fans. ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2011/02/prosecutors-wont-use-controver.html
WDBO Local News      
Casey A: State won't use controversial evidence
ByEmily Cassulo
@ February 28, 2011 4:05 PM Permalink | Comments (0)

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »

WFTV - Bill Sheaffer video report: http://www.wftv.com/video/27028766/index.html

Hornsby from WESH http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27028456/video.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »

No pictures in the court room/house. And remember to turn you cell phone off. IIRC the A's and the defense team no longer leave by the regular door unless they are trying to get media time.....something tells me they will not be wanting media time after this hearing Monkey Devil!  I'd sit and stay as close to Kathi B as possible

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2011, 05:56:55 PM »

WDBO Local News      
ByEmily Cassulo

If I were part of the defense I'd really be concerned as to why the State isn't concerned about not using any of this

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »

WDBO Local News      
ByEmily Cassulo

If I were part of the defense I'd really be concerned as to why the State isn't concerned about not using any of this

Me too,now I really feel confident the prosecution has what they need.

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: February 28, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

As usual I enjoyed listening to Mr. Shaeffer and was pleased he affirmed my thoughts on the why's the State do not feel it necessary to use this evidence . And as usual Hornsby rubbed me the wrong way with his delivery and his verbage..

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/02/casey-anthony-analysts-say-jail-tape-could-become-appeal-issue.html
Casey Anthony: Analysts say jail tape could become appeal issue
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on February, 28 2011 5:39 PM

TV analysts weren’t surprised today that prosecutors have decided against using a jailhouse video of Casey Anthony at her murder trial. The tape, from December 2008, showed Anthony’s reactions on the day that remains, later identified as her daughter, were found.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, and her defense team has argued that she was set up when the tape was made.

”The more it was staged to get her reaction, the greater danger it is that it could become an issue on appeal,” WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said. ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-statements-not-used-20110228,0,5124246.story
WFTV fights attempt to have reporter testify
Prosecutors won't use Casey Anthony statements to law enforcement
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

5:58 p.m. EST, February 28, 2011
Attorneys for WFTV-Channel 9 have filed a motion to block reporter Kathi Belich from being called as a witness by Casey Anthony's defense team.

Belich, who regularly covers the case, has been listed by the defense as a witness for two separate matters. But WFTV attorneys say compelling Belich to provide information "would violate the constitutional, statutory and common law reporter's privilege," according to the motion.

"Under Florida's reporter's privilege statute, Ms. Belich has a qualified privilege not to be a witness concerning, and not to disclose, information she obtained while actively gathering news in the normal scope of her employment," unless the defense proves the information is relevant to unresolved issues, cannot be obtained elsewhere and a compelling interest exists for disclosing the information, according to the filing.

The motion, filed by media attorneys Rachel Fugate and Gregg D. Thomas, says the defense has not "made the requisite showing to defeat application of the privilege."

WFTV, the motion states, is also "concerned that an attempt may be made to exclude Ms. Belich from the courtroom pursuant to the rule authorizing sequestration of witnesses."
The motion asks Belich's name to be "stricken from the witness list." The attorneys said they tried to deal directly with Casey Anthony's legal team, but they have been unable to resolve the issue.
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2011, 07:25:56 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-statements-not-used-20110228,0,5124246.story

Attorneys for WFTV-Channel 9 have filed a motion to block reporter Kathi Belich from being called as a witness by Casey Anthony's defense team.

Belich, who regularly covers the case, has been listed by the defense as a witness for two separate matters. But WFTV attorneys say compelling Belich to provide information "would violate the constitutional, statutory and common law reporter's privilege," according to the motion.

"Under Florida's reporter's privilege statute, Ms. Belich has a qualified privilege not to be a witness concerning, and not to disclose, information she obtained while actively gathering news in the normal scope of her employment," unless the defense proves the information is relevant to unresolved issues, cannot be obtained elsewhere and a compelling interest exists for disclosing the information, according to the filing.

The motion, filed by media attorneys Rachel Fugate and Gregg D. Thomas, says the defense has not "made the requisite showing to defeat application of the privilege."

WFTV, the motion states, is also "concerned that an attempt may be made to exclude Ms. Belich from the courtroom pursuant to the rule authorizing sequestration of witnesses."
The motion asks Belich's name to be "stricken from the witness list." The attorneys said they tried to deal directly with Casey Anthony's legal team, but they have been unable to resolve the issue.

JB continues to make enemies while showing his ignorance.  He never learned that lesson about honey and vinegar

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »

Sunny
Baez has made made many enemies in his short career. In his representation of Nilton Diaz now siting on death row! he insulted and accused LE and the prosecution of wrong doings! just as he is doing now.
At his website he claims to put on a very agressive defense, from what I have seen of him in action in this case and his attitude towards other attorneys and LE, I wonder how can he continue acting in that manner. he is hanging his ownself. He is not intelligent, his vocabulary is limited and he is inept and arrogant. I hope he gets disbarred when this trial is over.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38:27 PM »

As usual I enjoyed listening to Mr. Shaeffer and was pleased he affirmed my thoughts on the why's the State do not feel it necessary to use this evidence . And as usual Hornsby rubbed me the wrong way with his delivery and his verbage..

Me too Sunny that man just annoys me everytime he opens his mouth. I love mr. shaeffer!! he is awesome and right on.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »

WDBO Local News      
ByEmily Cassulo

Its like the state is sending a message! we got so much on the ho' we dont needs nuttin else!! bozo is toast and hopefully historyyyyyyy

Loca
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »

JB continues to make enemies while showing his ignorance.  He never learned that lesson about honey and vinegar
Especially if she's listed as a witness solely do do with the Maya D interview, the SAO has said they're not going there. I haven't heard really why the putz' have her down on the list but that is one reason that I thought it might be. They continue to show their rear ends at every turn, duh
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »

Hell have no fury like a media outlets scorn...yet another dumb defense move.  If they needed to get a portion of the public to gain some sort of sympathy for their client or their defense strategy its not happening with this network but they should have learned that a long time ago.  The also have not taken the time to realize that while WFTV is local they are affiliated & national coverage picks up what is being reported locally...for example, the many times Kathi has guested on Nancy Grace & the morning shows reflect on what was already reported locally, even showing some of their footage.

Every day Bozo proves just how emotionally stunted he is.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: March 01, 2011, 12:24:25 AM »

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: March 01, 2011, 12:25:23 AM »

OPPS
You monkeys that will be attending the hearing should wear something with a moneky on it so that we can know where you are!! wouldnt that be cool.

Loca
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: March 01, 2011, 01:12:44 AM »

READ: State's Filing http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27024724/detail.html

Does this mean that these witness will be testifying during Tues. hearing?
If it does, then all the A's will be in court.
Figures, I'm working.

I think so.
Curly,is that you I hear coughing........you must be getting sick.Might need a day off.   

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.