April 25, 2024, 05:05:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ugly Immigrant  (Read 1031 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 06, 2011, 12:46:17 PM »

America has been blessed with millions of wonderful legal and illegal immigrants.  She has also been cursed by 'The Ugly Immigrant' - those who are enabled by folks in Washington, state governments, legal and political opportunists, and community organizations.

From the WIKI -   

Ugly American is an epithet used to refer to perceptions of loud, arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless and ethnocentric behavior of American citizens mainly abroad, but also at home.[1][2][3][4][5][6] Although the term is usually associated with or applied to travelers and tourists, it also applies to US corporate businesses in the international arena.[7][8][9][10][11]

* The Encarta dictionary defines "Ugly American" as: stereotypical offensive American: a loud, boorish, nationalistic American, especially one traveling abroad, who is regarded as conforming to a stereotype that gives Americans a bad reputation.[12]

* Dictionary.com defines "the Ugly American" as: Pejorative term for Americans traveling or living abroad who remain ignorant of local culture and judge everything by American standards.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_American_%28epithet%29

Over time, I believe millions came here and said/express something like "I love/hate my homeland, and I am SO GRATEFUL to have come to the U.S. for (fill in the blank) reason(s)..."

They learned the language, didn't expect their neighbors or government to provide them with free housing, food, jobs, retirement, healthcare, education for their children...they wanted to be good Americans...it was a life of gratitude for the freedom and opportunity only found in America.

Yet, for decades, some have labeled Americans for going abroad and expecting good service...that everyone somehow communicate in English, and any number of things/ills they attributed to "Ugly American" syndrome.

Today, there seem to be some undocumented/illegal/criminal immigrants that are loud, boorish, Nationalist (fill the the blank nation)...

They expect Americans to provide all documents in hundreds of languages, educate their children for free in hundreds of languages, get many 'get out of jail free' cards when they get in trouble (I don't know English, they took advantage of me...despite all the FREE translators they get), free healthcare, tax free jobs, no punishments for stealing/frauding/making up Social Security numbers, working and collecting many welfare benefits, citizenship (without paying back welfare benefits, enduring the same punishments Americans would have if they were found taking advantage of the system, everyone to speak their native language...

They're the "Ugly Immigrants" - doesn't matter if they're legal, illegal, undocumented...they  seem to bee just plain rude, boorish, demanding, whining...have an exaggerated sense of entitlement...they're NON-CONTRIBUTORS, they apply and receive welfare first thing after arriving...

Where are the talking heads who complained about Ugly Americans abroad?

What about all the Ugly Immigrants in America?  Those that enable this horrid behavior?  Fund it?  Nation broke, Washington wants to send more money and stimulus jobs to Ugly Immigrants...construction industry, unions...

What about yesterday's immigrants?  The ones who filled out an application, waited patiently and were grateful for a lifetime?  Raised children who may be selfish, but remain contributors?

We need the good immigrants, the classics, and we need Washington to set higher standards for entry into the US, be more selective.  Running/crossing the border just isn't good enough.  Folks need to use the orderly system that existed and produced millions of good immigrants.

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.