March 28, 2024, 04:50:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help with my Dark Brown Coach  (Read 12644 times)
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« on: February 06, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »

I got a new dark brown coach and my house seems a little bit dark ,
My walls have two colors, camel and dark gold. I got in Macys an avory puffy rug (i love it). Also I got a new coffe table with glass and metal  with orange details (i saw it in mays for 500 dollars and i got online the same coffe table for 300 dollars).
What color of pillows I should buy in order to give a modern look to my living?
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »

My walls have two colors, camel and dark gold. I got in Macys an avory puffy rug (i love it). Also I got a new coffe table with glass and metal  with orange details (i saw it in mays for 500 dollars and i got online the same coffe table for 300 dollars).

Cecilita, I have no decorating skills at all. I really wish I could help.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:56:20 PM »

Cecilita  I really don't know. What colors do you like?  I know you like the warm colors with the brown and carmel and dark gold.  How about maybe some celery colored pillows to lighten up the room. I think the light green color would go with the orange in the coffee table and be a contrast to the golds and brown tones you already have in the room.  Hope that helps. Wow that's a good deal you found for your coffee table.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »

I would say to bring in lighter shades, as Green Eyes suggested.  The ivory, creams, celery or light greens, maybe even light shades of yellow.  Mix solids with some patterns, like stripes or whatever you prefer to lighten up your living room area, since you feel it's too dark.  The rug sounds like it is light and a good focal point.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:03:31 PM »

Hey Cecilita, I hope this helps you, This is where I would go to find what you need! www.westelm.com, www.pier1.com, www.target.com.

Here are some pillow(covers) from west elm. Some are on sale & have free shipping:

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »

Hey Cecilita, I hope this helps you, This is where I would go to find what you need! www.westelm.com, www.pier1.com, www.target.com.

Here are some pillow(covers) from west elm. Some are on sale & have free shipping:

I would use pillows with texture & metallics! I LOVE copper, it's my favorite! Here's some from Pier1, I think I love every pillow on that site!! They also have great accents, too!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »

I love those brightly colored pillows!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »

That last jeweled pillow is just 9.98. Mix solids with stripes or dots in the smae color family, it looks great & modern!
Now here is my favorite! Do you have a fireplace? I ordered this copper one from Target last year & it's the best item I ever purchased from them. I absolutely love this fireplace! It's modern, hands on the wall like a picture & puts out a tremendous amount of heat! It uses gel fuel that you can purchase from Target & is completely save & easy to use. Any one that wants a fireplace but can't have a wood burning one: this is the way to go! It's 169.99 & free shipping. Also Target is great for all home decor, like this mirror. They have lots of modern items, I LOVE Target!!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »

I love those brightly colored pillows!

So do I!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »

That last jeweled pillow is just 9.98. Mix solids with stripes or dots in the smae color family, it looks great & modern!
Now here is my favorite! Do you have a fireplace? I ordered this copper one from Target last year & it's the best item I ever purchased from them. I absolutely love this fireplace! It's modern, hands on the wall like a picture & puts out a tremendous amount of heat! It uses gel fuel that you can purchase from Target & is completely save & easy to use. Any one that wants a fireplace but can't have a wood burning one: this is the way to go! It's 169.99 & free shipping. Also Target is great for all home decor, like this mirror. They have lots of modern items, I LOVE Target!!

Well, some of the pillows didn't post but anyway, I think you can tell by what's here. I hope this helps you & please let us know what you get!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »

Well, some of the pillows didn't post but anyway, I think you can tell by what's here. I hope this helps you & please let us know what you get!! 

Boy, do I have alot of typos in this!! 

Phaedrus
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »

Monken, I liked all of the pillows you posted.....great examples and I hope it helps Cecilita. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:11 PM »

What color are your window treatments ? You might want to keep that in mind so that you don't end up with too many colors competing for space and attention. Colors and patterns tend to get lost in a room if you introduce more than 3 or 4. Most important, have fun with your project !

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 11:24:26 PM »

Thank you so much for all your awesome ideas I have pictures and I would like to share with you but I don't know how to put pictures here
Next week a designer is coming to my house to advised me with the courtines to buy my hubby is really mad because he likes his old style and I love modern style
I love art and I have a good collection of paints and frames but unfortunately are old style, i feel sorry to put them in my attic but i do not have a choice
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 11:27:43 PM »

The pillows are precious, i love them!!!! i picked one today very similar at one is posted and my hubby put his  face because he doesn't want circles in my pillows !!!!! but I love them.....
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:56 AM »

My walls have two colors, camel and dark gold. I got in Macys an avory puffy rug (i love it). Also I got a new coffe table with glass and metal  with orange details (i saw it in mays for 500 dollars and i got online the same coffe table for 300 dollars).

I love that fireplace, Monken.  How long does the fuel last?  Do you buy the 24 pack?  Do you hang it on the wall and it sticks out?  Does it look real?  Do you still love it after all of the cold weather?

Thanks, Monken, I think you may have saved me tons of money.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:01:32 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 05:59:10 AM »

The pillows are precious, i love them!!!! i picked one today very similar at one is posted and my hubby put his  face because he doesn't want circles in my pillows !!!!! but I love them.....

Hubby will get used to it.  I love the pillows everyone posted here.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.