April 23, 2024, 11:09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...a tough road to come to America and work..." - the legal way  (Read 987 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »

A good interview -

"I’m an immigrant myself. It was a tough road to come to America and work. The American Dream is seductive, but there is a legal way to do it and there would be more jobs here for people if it was honored," she wrote. "There is something about the process that has to be honored—and respected."

Anderson also feels that we need to "get back on the farm and teach our kids that entry level positions in the work force start with manual labor."

"We need to teach them that it is about hard work in all areas," the self-professed "big sports fan" told FOX411's Pop Tarts in an exclusive interview before she hosted Bacardi & Willis & Woy Sports Group Dallas Superbash on Friday night. "Education, work, applying ourselves, determination, drive, perseverance and hope."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/02/07/exclusive-pamela-anderson-says-immigrants-need-respect-legal-citizenship/#ixzz1DInGzJOc

I listened to a liberal program on NPR the other day and was struck by a few things.  It took place in North Carolina, and from the perspective of a black former resident.

It seemed to be about racism.  First, white v. black.  Later, white v. hispanic.

Apparently, the local chicken plant 'burned' through all the potential white employees, the potential black employees, the young folks moved away, and jobs were going unfilled.

What to do?  They started recruiting in Mexico. 

For some reason, Mexicans were willing to come legally and illegally, hundreds of miles for these job opportunities.  Wow...

I wondered...Why didn't they recruit in America's inner cities?  Places with persistent, extremely high unemployment?

Why didn't Americans move to this small town and take these jobs?  Start families?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.