March 28, 2024, 01:12:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #43 5/23/11 - 4/11/12  (Read 390974 times)
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »

The seizure info came from Terri. Made it up?

The doctor records would list the birth info of Kyron and I would hope that the office would notice that Terri is not the mother.

Where I live, doctor's offices are very concerned about privacy issues and only granting the right to the proper person for medical treatment.  They would be in a world of lawsuit if they let just anyone bring a patient in to see a doctor.

Maybe, then again, maybe not?

As far as the issue regarding the alleged Dr. Appt.
Apparently TH did not take Kyron to the Dr. Appt for the alleged seizure activity. KH appears to have no knowledge of said alleged Dr. Appt. It is curious isn't it?
What are his thoughts regarding alleged seizure activity?
Was he concerned?
If TH had no right to take Kyron to be seen by a Dr. regarding the alleged possible seizure activity it seems that this would be a huge point of contention, enough to contact the other Parent to seek advise in the matter no?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »

Why is DY "borderline harassing" TH?

Because DY believes that TH knows or did something to her child.  What would you do in that case?  Sit by on your hands or would you be screaming from the rooftops?  She is the mother of a missing child.  How horrifying is that?

That seems to be a reasonable explanation. Then again, if true that TH is involved, wouldn't it be in the best interest of a living Kyron, that DY not anger the potential suspect?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »

I may be remembering incorrectly, but the only thing I know of seizure activity is an email that Terri sent to someone.  Not DY.

We don't know that KH or DY was ever told about this "seizure" activity. 

We have no idea if seizure activity existed.

If in fact he did have seizures, that is even more damning to TH who left him alone in a crowded out of control situation (her appraisal of it anyway)

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 11:57:19 AM »

For a year, they have tried all kinds of techniques with TH.  Nothing is working.

Why DY does what she does, I do not know.  She has more patience and grace than I would ever have under the circumstances. 
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »

I may be remembering incorrectly, but the only thing I know of seizure activity is an email that Terri sent to someone.  Not DY.

We don't know that KH or DY was ever told about this "seizure" activity. 

We have no idea if seizure activity existed.

If in fact he did have seizures, that is even more damning to TH who left him alone in a crowded out of control situation (her appraisal of it anyway)

Knowing that KH works at Intel it would not suprise me to find that TH may have bypassed using the computer for some of her private conversations.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »

It's been reported that there was paperwork that was given to Kyron's teacher, Mrs./Ms? Porter that needed to be filled out by the school/her?  prior to the appointment.
Has LE acknowledged the existance of said "paperwork"?

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »

Oh, Hello there is this too:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108250924.html

"On Monday Kaine told reporters that 23-month-old Kiara does ask about Kyron, and recalled that Kyron would come sit on the bed next to her to read when he came home from school. Kaine also said Kiara does not ask about her mom, who called the toddler by the pet name Kitty. Earlier this month Terry withdrew her request to share parenting time with the child."

It seems particularly odd that a 23 month old (I forgot that her nickname is Kitty too lol!)would ask about her Brother but not ask about her Mom doesn't it?
A 23 month old? Sad.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »

My husband has taken my children to doctor appointments and he is the step father. He lives with the kids full time and is on the paperwork as a guardian. Terri was a full time parental figure in Kyrons life doesn't seem odd to me she would take him to the doctors.

Patricia I would think Kitty not asking for her mom would be due to Kaine not talking about her and if you think about it, what would he tell her anyway. I actually doubt she remembers Kyron and pretty much only knows him through stories and pics Kaine maybe showing her.. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »

I don't know how to be more clear in my question, but I will try again.

Terri is not a legal guardian.  Terri is nobody to Kyron.  If she was to make any medical decisions, there would have to be LEGAL paperwork. 

I am wondering what authority, if any, Terri had to make appointments about Kyron's medical needs. 

Did she have the right to talk to the doctor and make the decisions as to what would be needed for his issues?

Did she have the right to talk with the teacher about Kyron's needs and issues?  Those have to be granted by the parents.  No one can be talking about your child to someone who is not authorized to hear about it.  Thank goodness for that.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »

My husband never adopted my daughter but he's been her Daddy for 21 years.  Growing up he took her to the doctor, the dentist, in for surgeries, picking up medications, scheduling appointments, and everything in between.

I'm pretty sure step parents are by law allowed to do that unless there is a provision in place preventing it. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »

I don't know how to be more clear in my question, but I will try again.

Terri is not a legal guardian.  Terri is nobody to Kyron.  If she was to make any medical decisions, there would have to be LEGAL paperwork. 

I am wondering what authority, if any, Terri had to make appointments about Kyron's medical needs. 

Did she have the right to talk to the doctor and make the decisions as to what would be needed for his issues?

Did she have the right to talk with the teacher about Kyron's needs and issues?  Those have to be granted by the parents.  No one can be talking about your child to someone who is not authorized to hear about it.  Thank goodness for that.

Well I can only answer your question with what my experience is. My husband, my children's step father can take my children to the doctors. He can pick up meds for them, he can ask for the doctor to check whatever because he is listed as a guardian to my children based on the fact he is one of the full time parents. I would guess, given it would be in the best interest of Kyron because his dad worked full time and his mother lived 5 hours away, Terri was able to take Kyron to the doctor. Terri was somebody to Kyron, she was one of the full time caregivers for Kyron. Given that, it seems reasonable she would have a legal right, awarded to her by Kaine, to seek medical attention or what have you, for Kyron.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »

But is she a guardian?  Can she make decisions on her own that Kyron may have needed treatment for seizures without consulting with the mother and the father and getting their permission?

It sounds ludicrous to me that she would be able to make decisions without Kaine and or Desiree's permission. 

I have no step 's involved in my family at any point, so I know nothing of this subject.  I just know if I had a child that was in the position of Kyron, I would be furious if the step mother made medical decisions without my input as a mother.
MonaMonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »

I made it here, finally!  Thank you Melissab over at BOC for guiding me over.   an angelic monkey

I was clueless!!!

::snipping2::
melissab says:
May 26, 2011 at 9:40 am
EssayKaye you silly little thing you! Lol! If you used MonaMonkey you were approved Aug. 2010 but never knew it! Log in at SM using that name and the password you registered and go! If you have trouble you can email Klaas directly at her hotmail addy. See you there!

For those requesting admission at SM, just log in once in a while under your requested name and password to see if you have been approved. To my knowledge there is no notification system to let you know your up!

I am assuming melissab at BOC is the same person as melisb here?  But then I thought Puzzler and Puzzled were the same, too, and I was wrong.  Any ways, thank you!!!

I have been following Kyron's case since last June here and on BOC; it is so very sad that he has not been found yet. 

The thing that has always stood out for me is that TH has essentially relinquished custody of her little girl in order to avoid opening the door to discovery and potentially having to testify under oath.  Of course, this strategy does not in itself indicate that she is guilty of causing Kyron's disappearance, but it does reveal she is "hiding" from something.  There is NO WAY I would not fight like a hell cat for custody of my daughter if I knew I was innocent!!!  If it is not involvement in KY's disappearance, what is it??? 

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »

My thoughts on the video and the underlying disagreement was a disagreement between Kaine and Terri.  Kaine seemed to have a wait and see attitude and Terri seemed to want to get him into see the doc right away.  Also the fact that Kaine alluded to the fact that NO DOCTORS APPT had been set tho there was the confusion with the teacher. 

If I were Terri and the primary caregiver of the child/ step or not I would defer/consult with the bio parent just as she did, jmo.  Pending urgency - maybe Kaine did not note any zoning out episodes or as he said thought that Kyron was tired due to the current situation with Kitty's ear ache and disrupted sleep pattern from sleeping across from crying baby for a couple nites? 

As to TH I tend to have differing opinions on her than most.  I think she is more clever and cunning than we know or can imagine.   I also am not set on any accomplices at that school....other than Kyron himself but that's today's thought. 

WELCOME MONAMONKEY!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 11:42:43 PM »

In a doctor's office if a person who appears to be a childs mom or even step and they are bringing in the child and filling out all the paperwork, SSN, Insurance, etc., then they are condidered to be the proper legal guardian.  ONLY if there are custodial issues and rules set forth by the bio parent that the step parent can not be present for any doctor or legal or school appts. or questions will the step ever be kept from tending to the child just as a regular parent would.  She is married to Kyron's father and at one time or another since he held a full time job all appts and teacher conf were prolly left to her and all I assume knew about DY too.  HK, when you take your child to the doc, first time in an office, does the CSR know you are the bio parent or a step?  You wouldn't unless there were custody issues.  There is no law in a doctors office that says a step parent can't bring the child that lives with them to an appt. unless there are issues!  Even our school forms that we fill out every year for my son's personal info asks the question about custody problems.  But nowhere does a form ever ask if you are the bio or step parent.  It is a given everywhere that if you have the child with you and all persoal info then you may have the right to have them there.  I say yes a hundred times over she has legal right to do all for him.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 12:25:20 AM »

Very very different where I live.  The schools and medical are very careful on who can get information.

A grandparent can get no information on a child unless a parent has given permission, for instance. The forms are filled out as to who the legal people are.  If it's a step, papers have to be signed that show the person has permission to get info, be called for an emergency, pick the child up, etc. 

When I go to the doctor here, I have to show my ID card because of ID theft, but that is different than the Terri issue.

I sincerely doubt that my doctor would allow a step parent to make medical decisions for a child.  My doctor's office doesn't tell anyone anything,

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »

When there are gay couples, it does not matter if the one person has said that the partner has rights.  They have no rights.

Terri has no rights because Kyron has a mother and a father. 

Perhaps Desiree and Kaine gave rights to Terri via written documentation. I don't know. 

I am just wondering how she could make medical decisions because where I live, she would not be able to do that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »

HK, I am not sure exactly what has you upset to be honest with you. I suppose in looking back Kaine can understand he made a mistake by allowing Terri to have guardian privliges over Kyron but to be honest given Terri was a full time parent/caregiver to Kyron, hate it or not that is was the case, she needed to have the ability to have access to school situations and medical needs. If she was a good step mom it would not be a problem, unfortunately she may have used this to hurt Kyron. Personally I think the subject is off track a bit.

melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:51 AM »

I mostly lurk in these threads these days because I find this incredibly depressing.  Sad

It seems to me TH started pointing out the spaciness and the possibility that he was having seizures as a set up.  You know, like maybe he wandered away from school and got lost. ?? That way, if he was found dead, it could be blamed on these alleged issues. just seems too convenient that she thought he was having issues prior to his disappearance and that there seemed to be no follow-up to these concerns.  I often wonder if they're going to find him very close to the school in the underbrush.  (though I pray every day that he is found alive) 

Also, TH was a primary care giver since he was a baby, wasn't she? It seems plausible that she had the authority to make regular medical decisions on a daily basis.  I come from a blended family, and my dad had the authority to make medical decisions for my oldest brother and sister (their bio-dad was completely out if the picture).
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »

Amen MCGirl!  I've never, ever seen any paperwork that would question if a child belonged to that parent if the name was the same.  I think HK is just upset that TH may have used med and school info against Ky because the other parents trusted her to be telling the truth.  HK can speak for herself but I do understand where she is coming from.  I just wanted her to know that unless Kyron threw a fit and sad she's not my Mommy or there were issues in the custody agreement there isn't really anyway to know who is bringing a child in.  It is done in good faith and let's face it, usually real bad people who intend on doing harm to a child don't really keep up with their medical or school.  Now, back to finding Kyron.  Isn't the update from LE soon?  I'm sure that will be put off just like everything else is or has been.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.