March 28, 2024, 08:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #43 5/23/11 - 4/11/12  (Read 390964 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/kyron_horman_task_force_to_dis.html

Kyron Horman task force to disband July 1, but will re-form if 'something breaks,' sheriff says

(snip)  Multnomah County Sheriff's detectives, FBI agents and up to four state justice department investigators have spent the past six months examining at least 60 persons of interest in the disappearance of Kyron from his school.  (snip)

(snip)  At the one-year anniversary of Kyron's disappearance, Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, remains the focus of investigators. But they still don't know what happened to the child and have had to consider all options, including his being abducted, becoming a victim of human trafficking or being killed.    (snip)

(snip)   During the investigation of the other potential persons of interest, the team realized that some evidence -- namely phone records and computer log-on information from Skyline School the day Kyron went missing -- were not kept by the school district as the sheriff's office didn't request the preservation of those records.   (snip)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »

Oh, Puzz!  None of the above is good.  In fact, it's bringing me to tears to think that this sounds like the big let down, "sorry, we did all we could but should there be a break we'll call some folks back in to look at it"!  That is exactly how I read that!  Please someone tell me that this is just what they are 'putting out' there to maybe throw someone off and really are hard at work on his case.  To the Great Man above, please show us a sign somehow so he can be brought home.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/kyron_horman_task_force_to_dis.html

Kyron Horman task force to disband July 1, but will re-form if 'something breaks,' sheriff says

(snip)  Multnomah County Sheriff's detectives, FBI agents and up to four state justice department investigators have spent the past six months examining at least 60 persons of interest in the disappearance of Kyron from his school.  (snip)

(snip)  At the one-year anniversary of Kyron's disappearance, Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, remains the focus of investigators. But they still don't know what happened to the child and have had to consider all options, including his being abducted, becoming a victim of human trafficking or being killed.    (snip)

(snip)   During the investigation of the other potential persons of interest, the team realized that some evidence -- namely phone records and computer log-on information from Skyline School the day Kyron went missing -- were not kept by the school district as the sheriff's office didn't request the preservation of those records.   (snip)

Puzzler: Thanks for the links.

Well, color me stupid. Way to go Barney Fife. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »

Wow, at least 60 persons of interest. Too bad about the records from school.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »

Crazymaking.

I had this whole post typed out about the failures of investigators and our judicial system but I think what's important in this moment is the memory of Kyron, a boy I would have loved to have known and laughed with and played with.

I was given a rare hydrangea by my daughter for Mother's Day and I'll be planting it today in memory of Kyron.  What greater joy than a hug given by tiny arms, or wise words from the mouth of a babe, or laughter carried through the windows on a warm summer day of children having fun?  A smile poking through a dirty face?  The willingness to be held close and snuggle? 

I will post later, this mouthful I'm chewing on of what needs to be fixed within our system of justice. 

God bless all you Monkeys, hold your babies close and know them for the gift they are, no matter their imperfections, they are precious.

an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »

Oh, Puzz!  None of the above is good.  In fact, it's bringing me to tears to think that this sounds like the big let down, "sorry, we did all we could but should there be a break we'll call some folks back in to look at it"!  That is exactly how I read that!  Please someone tell me that this is just what they are 'putting out' there to maybe throw someone off and really are hard at work on his case.  To the Great Man above, please show us a sign somehow so he can be brought home.

I know, I feel the same way. It is too bad the school didn't have camera's, that really allowed for this crime.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »

Puzzler: Thanks for the links.

Well, color me stupid. Way to go Barney Fife. 

Sass it makes me upset as well. How could they not ask for the school records to be preserved? The school would have been the first crime scene. Makes me wonder if the evidence is in something they forgot to get or neglected to look at. It begs the question, what else did they miss?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »

Sorry I am coming off angry but the fact LE is giving up and that is what they are doing, they are just coloring pretty, it does not sit well with me at all. They say they looked at 60 persons of interest but admit they didn't get records from the school, the last place Kyron was at. The school didn't have common sense practices, the police didn't conduct a complete investigation, Kyron got less then what he deserved.

I pray that Desiree will hire a private PI. She needs one now if she doesn't want this to take the 5 years Kaine is talking about.

Kyron needs to be found, what is in place right now is not working. Time to try something new.

God be with you Kyron and may He show the way to you.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »

I always thought LE waited far too long to their parking lot reconstruction exercise and this latest news about what LE forgot to do/dudn't do only seals my discomfort with this entire investigation. How everything inside that school, including and especially computer and phone records, were not requested or examined at once, is beyond me. By that Monday LE was probably sure Kyron had not vanished into the woods on his own and if they had learned records had already been destroyed that first weekend, for example, they would have had good reason to look towards those who destroyed them. But if they did not seek the records until much later, the reasons become hazier and the destruction could be explained away.

Ugh, I just feel rotten about this entire case and how it has and continues to be handled.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »

I have been thinking about this whole phone record thing. From what I understand nothing on a phone record or a computer record ever really goes poof. You can't erase anything forever, there is always an imprint of it or a copy of it somewhere. Is this correct?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »

I have been thinking about this whole phone record thing. From what I understand nothing on a phone record or a computer record ever really goes poof. You can't erase anything forever, there is always an imprint of it or a copy of it somewhere. Is this correct?

TG: There is a lot of stuff out there that can make information go poof. Look at this link, and read the article. As far as computer records, there is a software system called Vanish that uses encryption keys to delete information. It's free to the public and can be used easily.

http://www.isa.org/InTechTemplate.cfm?template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=78132

::snipping2::

“A major advantage of Vanish is that users don’t need to trust us, or any service that we provide, to protect or delete the data,” Geambasu said.

Researchers liken using Vanish to writing a message in the sand at low tide, where a person can read it for only a few hours before the tide comes in and permanently washes it away. Erasing the data does not require any special action by the sender, the recipient, or any third party service.

“Our goal was really to come up with a system where, through a property of nature, the message, or the data, disappears,” Levy said.

Released this week, Vanish is a free, open-source tool that works with the Firefox browser. To work, the sender and the recipient must have installed the tool. The sender then highlights any sensitive text entered into the browser and presses the “Vanish” button. The tool encrypts the information with a key unknown even to the sender.

You can read the text for a limited time only, when the recipient highlights the text and presses the “Vanish” button to unscramble it. After eight hours, the message will be impossible to unscramble and will remain gibberish forever.

Vanish works with any text entered into a web browser: Web-based e-mail such as Hotmail, Yahoo!, and Gmail, web chat, or the social networking sites MySpace and Facebook. The Vanish prototype now works only for text, but researchers said the same technique could work for any type of data, such as digital photos.

It is technically possible to save information sent with Vanish. A recipient could print e-mail and save it, or cut and paste unencrypted text into a word-processing document, or photograph an unscrambled message. Vanish is meant to protect communication between two trusted parties, researchers said.

“Today, many people pick up the phone when they want to talk with a lawyer or have a private conversation,” Kohno said. “But more and more communication is happening online. Vanish is designed to give people the same privacy for e-mail and the web that they expect for a phone conversation.”

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »

But why would the school go to such lengths to erase messages? Seems sort of over the top to me but then again, not sure of the normal practice of a school in regards to computer and phone records.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »

Wow, at least 60 persons of interest. Too bad about the records from school.

This really upsets me.  Seems LE had done everything possible to "protect" that school.  This is just another example.
Also, I don't know if the reporter has his words confused or mixe up, but "went missing" and "were not kept" are two different meanings.   I'm assuming that's on th computer log-in information.  Can someone explain to me "why" phone records cannon be obtained by the carrier?  Isn't that the way that all other phone records are obtained during a criminal investigation? Or, was there some kind of internal phone record kept by the school.   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2011, 12:05:02 AM »

The records make no sense.

I think most school districts keep their records for a long time.

I doubt if a school would use a vanish program...  Why would they do that?  I have never heard of a school doing that. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2011, 02:04:04 AM »

Bringing over a post by Neighbor from BOC:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-136/#comments

neighbor says:
June 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm
Rose says:
June 3, 2011 at 9:04 am

(snipped) I believe MCSO was so influenced by TY/DY’s determination Terri did it, and catching that flake would be easy, they skipped a professional approach from Day1.
_ _ _ _ _

I can’t agree more. MCSO missed the opportunity not only to solve this case, but also to gain respect in a community. I appreciate their effort, but some of their behavior has been unprofessional. Let me give some example of how it should be:

- That first Saturday, I got visit from two FBI agents. They were polite, used prepared questionnaires, did not wear visible weapons, searched most nooks of my the property and house, had quick access to facts such as photos. In short: quick and to the point.

- Same approach when they followed their profile a few months ago. This time they were checking alibis and doing a more psychological approach. Uncomfortable, but again professional and to the point.

Now, back to MCSO, how can Staton state the he is not “disappointed with the progress of the investigation”? Why announce closing the Task Force on suck a sensitive moment for the family? Why keep up the appearance that this is an isolated event, when even outsiders realize that TMH couldn’t have done it by herself.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2011, 02:24:14 AM »

http://mobile.oregonlive.com/advorg/db_270548/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=26BrT6NT&storycount=138&detailindex=3&pn=&ps=&full=true

At this link is a picture of the new billboard that Desiree Young had put up for Kyron.

"Why" does it not have a number to call????????

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Kyron Horman case: 1 year since Kyron went missing
Posted on June 5, 2011 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/123168548.html

Kyron's Grandma: 'We just need to find him, bring him home'
By Patrick Preston KATU News Published: Jun 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM PDT Last Updated: Jun 4, 2011 at 6:37 PM PDT

Kaine and his family said they’re still trying to be patient, hoping it pays off in the end with Kyron’s safe return.

“Really there’s no sense of false hope,” Kaine said. “There’s no expecting it’s going to be done in a short amount of time. We have to be ready to go as long as it takes.”

Kyron’s grandmother Kris Horman was at the work party on Saturday. She has stayed out of the media spotlight through the entire ordeal, but broke her silence on the one-year anniversary.

“We’re going to believe we’re going to find him and there are a lot of people out there that do,” she said. “It’s that positive energy, that’s what’s going to bring him home.”

Grandma Kris, as she is known, said she is trying to be patient and knows that miracles do happen.

“He’s with us,” she said. “We just need to find him, bring him home.”

http://bringkyronhome.org/
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »

I wonder if Kaine will be so patient about his pending divorce?

Kyron is with us?  He's in our hearts?  We need to remain positive? 
http://www.katu.com/news/local/123168548.html

No, he's not with you and no amount of positivity is going to bring him home.  Hiring a kick a** PI, that might do it.  Meeting personally with witnesses willing to talk might help.  Trusting investigators with a room full of paperwork and tons of money to their name who still might need four years won't do it.  They had a school full of witnesses, friends with bat phones who are also witnesses, emails, video, pictures, and they have no idea what happened that morning?  Really?  No idea?

I get that until you've walked in the shoes of the parent of a missing child a person does not know how they would react.  I'm just the type of person that when a physician makes a diagnosis I google until I'm sure he's right.  More than once he has not been correct and I've figured out on my own what the correct diagnosis is (in one case my child had a brain tumor and doctor said the tics and other ailments were 'normal', thank goodness I'm tenacious and willing to think for myself)

LE can continue doing what they do but I sure as heck would be doing what I could as well to make sure my child was either found or the evidence lay bare before me so I could surmise to at least SOME degree what became of him.

Sorry for the rant.   

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2011, 01:35:58 PM »

Positive energy will not bring Kyron home.

Searching MIGHT bring him home.
A confession MIGHT bring him home.
A hiker/hunter/worker MIGHT bring home.
The right tip MIGHT bring home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.