April 19, 2024, 02:39:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #43 5/23/11 - 4/11/12  (Read 392423 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2011, 08:02:50 AM »

Sorry News, forgot to add in if you have paperwork from a teacher requesting a parent should have the child evaluated because of performance/behavior/observed traits of ADD/ADHD it would help the doc in the history of your child but you aren't always required to have that if seeking a diagnosis.  Any paperwork regarding the observance of your child is beneficial but not always needed.  I work in the med field also and it's a fact you can never document too much!!!  Keep any and all paperwork you ever get on your baby and request records from the doctors often.  I did and it helped so much. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »

newsatfive said
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9426.msg1452753#msg1452753

In my opinion, whether Kyron had a perceived disability is relevant for several reasons:

Is Kyron a child who is predisposed to acting a certain way, and therefore more vulnerable to a specific type of person (thus narrowing the suspect pool)?

Was Kyron receiving corrective instruction on behavioral issues, i.e. being told to "listen" to "his elders"? (Desiree Young indicated that this was so.) If so, who qualifies as an "elder" in a school setting, i.e. was Kyron told to listen to school employees or simply to anyone who was an adult?

Did Kyron have a perceived disability that would might make him vulnerable to a specific type of ruse to get him outside of school? If so, does that help narrow the pool of potential suspects?

If there was a perceived disability, who was involved in making a preliminary assessment at the school? Was there anyone in the community, like a tutor or someone claiming to have knowledge of that disability, who may have come into contact with Kyron?

Does anyone know of any psychologists in the Portland area who specialize in independent private disability assessments? If so, is there any pre-appointment paperwork that would be needed from a child's teacher?

sorry newsatfive,it was late i misread your post, most of your Qs can be answered at link,but
BC of the heppa laws we will never know kyrons situation at school,unless a fam member talks

What's an IEP?
http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/learning/iep.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: July 24, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »

We know from what Kaine disclosed in his divorce filings that there were issues in the home for the few months before Kyron went missing. ie Terri sleeping or drunk on the couch.
I believe that would have affected Kyron or any normal kiddo.
He did have a vision issue, that might have also been a part of it, him not picking up on things in the classroom right away.
At the begiining there was much talk of his vision issue, going outside and getting lost.
Even if a person whose vision was that bad could become disorientated easily if they fell and couldn't find their glasses.
I had vision problems when I was a child. So I know what it was like being a bit off.

He seemed like a bright engaged child who just might have been affected by the turmoil in the Horman house.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #603 on: July 25, 2011, 12:02:26 AM »

Agreed, Kat_Gram.

We know Kyron was affected by what was going on in the home because he had called Desiree crying.  Additionally, James moving out would surely have affected him.  There was tension due to Kaine and Terri bickering and pressure at school to make sure he didn't turn any cards so as not to get in trouble.

I assume Ms. Porter saw signs or changes in Kyron's behavior as most teacher's would.  It would be no stretch to imagine her discussing concerns regarding Kyron with another staff member at the school and seeking ideas on how to help him.  What I find interesting is that this took place so late in the year.  I'm sure Kyron had some inkling things were going south and he probably felt anxiety as a result.  Most kids are sensitive to what's going on around them, even if they can't put words to it.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: July 25, 2011, 07:33:44 AM »

Maybe what we don't know is that Ms. Porter was trying to tell the family that Kyron was exhibiting problems that seem to be coming from distress in the home and she asked that he see a professional in that area and TH was trying to keep that secret.  This did not come out right!  Don't know how to say what I'm meaning. I'll have to come back to this later when I can complete my thought!  Well, let me say now that may never happen knowing me!!! lol

Could the teacher have been seeing signs of problems in the home and telling TH or maybe Kyron told a teacher something (maybe not much but enough to worry her)that would make her ask the family to get him some help from a doctor and TH would not want him to tell what he might know or have seen?  Gosh, I just can't seem to get enough Diet Pepsi caffeine in me to get my thoughts together.  Someone hep me, hep me!  Maybe you see where Ima goin?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #605 on: July 25, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »

Kyron Horman: Issues 7/21/11 Part 1  http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/3/xj_YGBrq0Wc
Kyron Horman: Issues 7/21/11 Part 2  http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/2/bd5QnU4mbTY

TY, Desiree still thinks TH is the guilty party

As do I, all along.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: July 25, 2011, 12:43:37 PM »

Maybe what we don't know is that Ms. Porter was trying to tell the family that Kyron was exhibiting problems that seem to be coming from distress in the home and she asked that he see a professional in that area and TH was trying to keep that secret.  This did not come out right!  Don't know how to say what I'm meaning. I'll have to come back to this later when I can complete my thought!  Well, let me say now that may never happen knowing me!!! lol

Could the teacher have been seeing signs of problems in the home and telling TH or maybe Kyron told a teacher something (maybe not much but enough to worry her)that would make her ask the family to get him some help from a doctor and TH would not want him to tell what he might know or have seen?  Gosh, I just can't seem to get enough Diet Pepsi caffeine in me to get my thoughts together.  Someone hep me, hep me!  Maybe you see where Ima goin?

LOL!  You make sense to me.  And I agree with you, KatGram and Amys sister.  I'm not thinking medical issue at all unless he was purposely being drugged.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: July 25, 2011, 07:04:12 PM »

Hinky Meter on Desiree's new interview with JVM;

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/07/23/kyron-horman-case-desiree-young-reveals-more-details-in-jvm-interview/

snipped;

Let’s focus on the first bullet point.  If Desiree stated this exactly as she meant to this indicates that they have information of Terri’s activities/communications since Kyron’s disappearance since Desiree’s statement is two part, separating out what they know Terri has been doing versus what she did prior to Kyron’s disappearance.  This is interesting.  I don’t think many of us have thought Terri was simply sitting in her parents’ home for the past year not communicating with anyone in the outside world; particularly in light of the appearance that she spent a great deal of time online prior to Kyron’s disappearance.

Yeah, she's probably all over the net and I personally hope it is driving her crazy.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:21 AM »

Agreed, Kat_Gram.

We know Kyron was affected by what was going on in the home because he had called Desiree crying.  Additionally, James moving out would surely have affected him.  There was tension due to Kaine and Terri bickering and pressure at school to make sure he didn't turn any cards so as not to get in trouble.

I assume Ms. Porter saw signs or changes in Kyron's behavior as most teacher's would.  It would be no stretch to imagine her discussing concerns regarding Kyron with another staff member at the school and seeking ideas on how to help him.  What I find interesting is that this took place so late in the year.  I'm sure Kyron had some inkling things were going south and he probably felt anxiety as a result.  Most kids are sensitive to what's going on around them, even if they can't put words to it.
Adding missing quote bracket. MB

As I remember it, Kyron did call Desiree crying.  It was just after he had visited Desiree and was missing her and wanted to stay longer with her.  Also, Terri dialed the number for him so he could talk to his mom.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:04:55 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #609 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:21 AM »

Hi Puzzler.

I know that is how Kaine portrayed it in one interview (that Kyron only called once after he had returned from the summer visit with his mom) but IIRC it was stated during another interview that he called Desiree on more than one occasion crying and wanting to be with her and that Terri supported the move but Kaine declined.

If I am able to find the interview I will be sure to post the link to it.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2011, 09:12:59 AM »

Good morning Monkey's! 

This was posted on HO's FB. Unless you're a friend of his, you can't see it, so I'll post it here.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1021431403

Gretchen Starika
Harry I still do not know why they do not use you on finding Kyron Horman, what are they hiding or not saying seems so wrong that they do not use you.
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike ·

o
            Harry Oakes They aren't saying anything abou the child's femur we found up on Dixie Mtn Confirmed to be human by ER doctor in Longview hospital. I sure wou
            2 hours ago · Like

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »

Good morning Monkey's! 

This was posted on HO's FB. Unless you're a friend of his, you can't see it, so I'll post it here.

Gretchen Starika
Harry I still do not know why they do not use you on finding Kyron Horman, what are they hiding or not saying seems so wrong that they do not use you.

o
            Harry Oakes They aren't saying anything abou the child's femur we found up on Dixie Mtn Confirmed to be human by ER doctor in Longview hospital. I sure wou...
            2 hours ago · Like

Thanks Sassi!  Looks like part of the post was cut off (bbm).  When you have a chance can you fill us in on the rest?

Respectfully with many thanks,
Koko   

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #612 on: July 26, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

Good morning Monkey's! 

Gretchen Starika

o
            Harry Oakes They aren't saying anything abou the child's femur we found up on Dixie Mtn Confirmed to be human by ER doctor in Longview hospital. I sure wou...
            2 hours ago · Like

Thanks Sassi!  Looks like part of the post was cut off (bbm).  When you have a chance can you fill us in on the rest?

Respectfully with many thanks,
Koko   

Hi Koko. 

Nope. Not cut off. That's all there was.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: July 26, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »

http://photos.oregonlive.com/photo-essay/2011/01/kyron_horman_search_photo_essa.html

This bone or something new?  Not in MSM?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #614 on: July 26, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »

Nope. Not the same one. It was a femur. A femur is a thigh bone.It was something HO found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femur

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »

Just read the update. LE states it wasn't Kyron.

#
Marilyn S. Bartlett Harry, hope you are well, when was the alleged child's femur found? Was it recently? If so I guess it might take time for DNA tests, etc. to come back for purposes of ID, do you agree?
9 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Harry Oakes the Child' femur which has been confirmed HUMAN CHILD's FEMUR by one EMT, One ER Doctor, Two Med. Examiner intake officers, was found on Dixie mountain in the woods Dec. 24 2010.
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Marilyn S. Bartlett Wow, that's seven months ago. Do we know if it's been submitted for DNA testing to see if it matches a DNA profile of anyone missing?
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Harry Oakes The cops told the hormans it wasn't their son that's all I know.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »

Nope. Not the same one. It was a femur. A femur is a thigh bone.It was something HO found.

Thanks Sassi.  I know what a femur bone is but thanks for the wiki link anyway.  So if one was found why is it not in the news?  Is it top secret?  Not sure why a bone find would be information that is withheld from the public if true regardless of pending DNA results.  Does not sound normal to me....something hinky there for sure?!

Guess HO knows and we will have to wait and see.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »

Sassifrass,  forgot my manners, thank you for the info regardless. 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:35 PM »

Thanks Sassi.  I know what a femur bone is but thanks for the wiki link anyway.  So if one was found why is it not in the news?  Is it top secret?  Not sure why a bone find would be information that is withheld from the public if true regardless of pending DNA results.  Does not sound normal to me....something hinky there for sure?!

Guess HO knows and we will have to wait and see.

ITA. Going to follow up with HO. Fill you in if I find something

neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #619 on: July 26, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »

Just read the update. LE states it wasn't Kyron.

#
Marilyn S. Bartlett Harry, hope you are well, when was the alleged child's femur found? Was it recently? If so I guess it might take time for DNA tests, etc. to come back for purposes of ID, do you agree?
9 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Harry Oakes the Child' femur which has been confirmed HUMAN CHILD's FEMUR by one EMT, One ER Doctor, Two Med. Examiner intake officers, was found on Dixie mountain in the woods Dec. 24 2010.
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Marilyn S. Bartlett Wow, that's seven months ago. Do we know if it's been submitted for DNA testing to see if it matches a DNA profile of anyone missing?
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Harry Oakes The cops told the hormans it wasn't their son that's all I know.

TY.
It is time LE does a post mortum of how the Miranda and Ashley case was handled? 

"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
-- Otto von Bismarck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.