April 19, 2024, 08:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #43 5/23/11 - 4/11/12  (Read 392440 times)
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #700 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:43 AM »

hey everyone.  i don't post in this thread too often and haven't in awhile but i just wondered what you all think the possiblity is that terri horman acted alone in kyrons disappearance.  in my opinion, i think it's possible

More than a possibility.

Agree...though I like to look at every single angle...my first GUT thought was she did it...In my opinion if she didn't do this she would be fighting for custody of her daughter.  So, I agree it's definitely a possibility.
I definetly do agree with you. IF Terri were NOT guilty, she AND her parents would be fighting for her daughter.

Remaining silent, and no fight for her child, screams, "GUILTY," in my book !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Harleycolt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #701 on: August 12, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »

Does anyone remember the story of the white truck, a maroon car & couple of red heads, one with a shovel,a man & a boy seen going into the woods I believe Monroe, OR...somewhere around Hwy 99 ?

I keep hearing of a maroon car with someone in it waiting maybe behind the school on the morning of 6-4-10
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: August 12, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »

Does anyone remember the story of the white truck, a maroon car & couple of red heads, one with a shovel,a man & a boy seen going into the woods I believe Monroe, OR...somewhere around Hwy 99 ?

I keep hearing of a maroon car with someone in it waiting maybe behind the school on the morning of 6-4-10

I had posted this a few pages back:

The mention of a maroon colored car or sedan reminds me of this:

http://www.wweek.com/portland/print-blog-777-print.html  (I had actually found this email in a better place...but tonight this is the best I found).

Here's the main portion of an email McCain sent:

This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. ... When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9–the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a “cranberry” color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two–with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.

DeWitt continued into town where he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions to his destination, which I think was a grain elevator for seed. While out of his vehicle, DeWitt said he heard what sounded like a single gun shot coming from the general vicinity of where he saw the three adults and boy. DeWitt then said he later pulled into a rest area on 99W to use the rest room. As he was heading back onto the road, he was behind a slow moving motor home that was pulling onto the highway. DeWitt said he then saw the pickup again speeding with the sedan behind it about to collide with the motor home. He said the truck slammed on its brakes and barely stopped short of colliding with the motor home, but the sedan skidded and collided with the rear of the white pickup. DeWitt said it was not a major crash, but the sedan might have some slight front end damage and the pickup might show signs of a “paint swap” in the rear.

DeWitt said he does not watch much television and did not put all of these pieces together until he started following the Kyron story on the news. He said he has called the tip line three times, but with no answer. He also said he reported the incident to a “Eugene Deputy” (not sure if Eugene PD or Lane County Sheriff) shortly thereafter, but before he realized the possible significance of what he saw. I asked him what he wanted me to do with this information and he just wants a “real person” to go check the area – which he says he has since revisited. I told him that's not a good idea since it might be a crime scene.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #703 on: August 12, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »

For anyone still wondering about the talent show, in this video from kgw.com, Kaine says he was not aware of any participation by Kyron in the talent show.  I saw more emotion from Kaine in this video than in any other I've seen.  It was posted 7/21/10.  I truly believe he was blindsided by this.  My heart breaks all over again watching this...

http://www.kgw.com/video/raw/Raw-Kaine-Horman-at-wall-of-hope-kyron-missing-portland-98973929.html
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: August 15, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »

Is it true that Kaine bought a truck for advertising Kyron going missing out of the donated funds?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #705 on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

Is it true that Kaine bought a truck for advertising Kyron going missing out of the donated funds?

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are asking about but I think he did put Ky's name and face on his own truck...

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6696/kyron-hormans-father-wont-give-up-the-search-for-his-son.aspx

snipped, link above:

The determined father's journey begins at dawn, as it does many days.

"We could be sitting at home doing nothing. The alternative is get up and do stuff," said Kaine.

The anguished father wears a sweatshirt emblazoned with his son's image and his pick-up truck also displays an urgent plea for help.

"What keeps you going?" asks INSIDE EDITION's Jim Moret.

"Just that. There are still pieces out there. He still needs to be found," Kaine says

Today Kaine is headed to a racetrack about 60 miles from home to hand out flyers. He spends countless hours behind the wheel, driving and looking for his son.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #706 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »

Also from the same article it sounds as if someone at the drag race also had painted his truck with Kyron's info, I believe this is a black truck I have seen a picture of:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6696/kyron-hormans-father-wont-give-up-the-search-for-his-son.aspx

snipped from above link:

One man was so taken with Kyron's story that he actually painted Kyron's image and name on his truck.
MonaMonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #707 on: August 16, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »

Restraining Order against Terri Horman extended another year.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/08/multnomah_county_judge_extends.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »

Restraining Order against Terri Horman extended another year.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/08/multnomah_county_judge_extends.html

Good
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »

ITA 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:52 PM »

Kyron's image and name on his truck.

img
http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/kyrontruckjpg-2f06e728462c5311.jpg

story
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/big_rig_will_carry_kyron_horma.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: August 16, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »

Popping in to add my ITA and Good too!  No innocent mother is going to go without seeing, holding, touching, being with, or even hearing her toddler for one year (much less two).  The parents I know miss their children when they're gone overnight for a sleepover.  There's no way you could separate them for more than a week, much less a year!  Whatever Terri Horman has done, she must be very afraid if she's hedging Kiara to cover for it.  At this point, I think I'd be talking to my lawyer about child neglect/abandonment as Terri is willfully neglecting Kiara and her needs. In essence, she has abandoned Kiara in order to protect herself= neglect.  For someone who appeared to adore Kiara, Terri certainly doesn't care about her now.  IMO, Terri likely never did...she just cared about the attention/admiration she got when she demonstrated how well she was "taking care of Kiara"and Kyron for that matter (and we all know how fake that was).  IMO, Kaine is seeing the true Terri in full form, how easily she can discard others when they no longer benefit her. Any real mom would kill anyone who tried to take her baby/child away from her.  All MOO 

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:27 AM »

I know that I'm not privy to all that is going on behind the scenes and only am aware of the "portions" that are chosen to be made public....however....I haven't speculated in quite a while about this case.

Here goes:  This could go on FOREVER!  LE is not actively working this case now and so nothing is likely to happen at this point (sad to say).  Also, once Terri engaged an attorney, under the law, she can't answer questions now.  I guess if one wants to, they can totally overlook the 3 or so weeks that Terri did answer questions before the sting operation made it apparant (even to Terri) that she must engage an attorney.  That sting operation was the single worst thing that happened to harm this case IMO.  That was strictly LE's fault.  They wanted to believe RS and advised Kaine about something that LE has NO evidence about (if LE had evidence other than RS's statements, there would have been no need for a "sting"; therefore, because they did a sting and it backfired - there is NO evidence).

I've been reading on Blink on Crime (as well as SM) on Kyron's thread and come away with the opinion that RS, more likely than not, was given some sort of immunity to "spill the beans".  IMO, RS would have said anything to keep his hide out of trouble and makes him NOT credible.

My speculation is that Terri (and/or Terri/Kaine) could have been involved in "something" that would possibly mean "prison time" if she/they were to admit to it - and THAT involvement could be the reason that something happened to Kyron (maybe due to a payback of sorts).  Drugs - non-payment or selling drugs and crossing over someone else's territory, etc.

In such an instance, I wonder why LE wouldn't give Terri an immunity of sorts in order for her to tell what she knows so that LE could move forward. 

IMO, there have been so many screw-ups that it's created a "Mexican stand-off" type situation.

I'm also wondering, now, if the divorce will be put off for another year - because the RO was expanded for another year?  Like I said, this could go on for a very long time.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »

Interesting post made by Lea Conner on Blink on Crime:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-197/#comments

Lea Conner says:
August 17, 2011 at 3:43 pm
Riverpearl says: August 16, 2011 at 11:30 pm
(snipped)“She has **manifested** a desire to physically harm myself and my family, and I fear she will continue to try to harm myself and to (sic) my family. {what a strange way to describe a MFH — manifested]”

WPG says: August 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm
“Could that word possibly relate to DY’s comments like ‘tons of electronic evidence’ and ‘she put it all in writing’
. . . manifested/documented?”

The law enforcement sting operation failed miserably on June 26, 2010.

Despite this, Kaine Horman goes ahead two days later (on June 28, 2010) and files for a temporary restraining order, claiming law enforcement provided him with “probable cause to believe” that Terri Horman was involved in Kyron’s disappearance and also tried to hire someone to kill Kaine Horman.
http://kezi.com/files/HORMAN.pdf

As we now know, Mr. Horman was told of the allegations regarding a murder for hire and alleged involvement by Ms. Horman in Kyron’s disappearance prior to the sting operation on June 26, 2010.

It is worth noting that “probable cause” would have been required to conduct the sting operation, the entire objective of which was to obtain evidence of alleged crimes for which there was not sufficient evidence for arrest. The failure of the sting operation meant that law enforcement failed to obtain the evidence it sought. As such, this would strongly suggest a problem with Mr. Horman’s assertion two days after the sting operation that there was still probable cause for the allegations about Ms. Horman.

Now that the restraining order application is public knowledge, Mr. Horman is stuck with defending its premise when he sought to renew the order. Given his statements to the media indicating he is no longer certain of any involvement by Ms. Horman, it would be difficult to fall back on his prior allegation in support of the TRO.

On what basis can Mr. Horman renew the restraining order without having to provide additional evidence (or any evidence, if you consider that the original TRO was obtained by Mr. Horman’s hearsay allegations only)? Apparently, by claiming Terri Horman “has manifested a desire to physically harm myself and my family” and referring back to the original information allegedly provided by law enforcement prior to the sting operation. The claim of “manifesting a desire” is not a new claim; it is just a different way of saying what Mr. Horman claimed back in June 2010.

Ms. Horman still won’t challenge the restraining order. It would seem that she either has some pretty good reasons for not talking (the range of possibilities for which include a desire to avoid helping the state build a case against her from nothing, to avoiding implicating herself in illegal acts) or she has simply given up all hope.

While I personally cannot imagine walking away from a child because the other side appeared to be insurmountable, there are people who do so for far less.

Law enforcement admitted early on that Kyron did not leave the school with Terri Horman.

Desiree Young says she believed since the beginning that based on her intuition as a mother, Ms. Horman was involved. Ms. Horman and Mr. Horman’s marriage had been falling apart for several months prior, too. The Horman residence was almost certainly at the breaking point in the days following Kyron’s disappearance, if no other reason that the large number of people staying in the house: Desiree and Tony Young, Kaine and Terri Horman, Terri’s son James, the Horman’s young daughter Kitty (who had an ear infection), and a second law enforcement officer (other than Tony Young), and perhaps other family and friends, too.

With that many people in the house, at least two if not three of which were ticked off at Ms. Horman before any of this happened, how long do you think they lasted before someone exploded and let loose on Ms. Horman with exactly what was on his or her mind?

According to the Oregonlive.com audio interview of Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, Terri Horman sat for her first polygraph on Monday June 7, 2010, and later went in for a second polygraph two days later (which would have been Wednesday June 9, 2010) but walked out, then sat for the third polygraph ten days later (Saturday June 19, 2010).

Strictly my opinion, but I do not suppose that someone under that kind of pressure would perform well on a polygraph. Mr. Horman and Ms. Young claim to have passed their polygraph exams “with flying colors,” but neither of them were facing the sort of scrutiny or apparent hostility that Ms. Horman faced.

I am not saying that Ms. Horman is guilty or innocent, only that the circumstances of this family were such that I do not believe the allegedly failed polygraph exams and Ms. Horman walking out on the second polygraph proves anything. Strictly my opinion.

On the other hand, I understand Ms. Young’s reaction and anger at Ms. Horman. She doesn’t believe that Ms. Horman is telling the truth, and she believes that Ms. Horman hated and mistreated Kyron, and possibly murdered him. In her shoes, I’d probably feel the same way. However, sympathies and likability do not mean that Ms. Young is correct in her suspicions about Ms. Horman.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: August 19, 2011, 02:57:23 PM »

Popping in to add my ITA and Good too!  No innocent mother is going to go without seeing, holding, touching, being with, or even hearing her toddler for one year (much less two).  The parents I know miss their children when they're gone overnight for a sleepover.  There's no way you could separate them for more than a week, much less a year!  Whatever Terri Horman has done, she must be very afraid if she's hedging Kiara to cover for it.  At this point, I think I'd be talking to my lawyer about child neglect/abandonment as Terri is willfully neglecting Kiara and her needs. In essence, she has abandoned Kiara in order to protect herself= neglect.  For someone who appeared to adore Kiara, Terri certainly doesn't care about her now.  IMO, Terri likely never did...she just cared about the attention/admiration she got when she demonstrated how well she was "taking care of Kiara"and Kyron for that matter (and we all know how fake that was).  IMO, Kaine is seeing the true Terri in full form, how easily she can discard others when they no longer benefit her. Any real mom would kill anyone who tried to take her baby/child away from her.  All MOO 

agree.  Now I just wish they would do those other searches and get thru all the electronic communications to find Kyron.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #715 on: August 19, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »

Puzzler, in your post you say LE has stated that Kyron did not leave with TH...is there a link to this? I don't recall LE actually stating this, but I may have missed it, thanks...
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #716 on: August 19, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »

Puzzler, in your post you say LE has stated that Kyron did not leave with TH...is there a link to this? I don't recall LE actually stating this, but I may have missed it, thanks...

I would like to see that link also. The only time I have seen that stated was from Blink.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: August 19, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »

agree.  Now I just wish they would do those other searches and get thru all the electronic communications to find Kyron.

I, too, am hoping that the finish the other 3 searches very soon...and all that electronic data...that could hold some clues and really needs to be completed.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: August 19, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »

I would like to see that link also. The only time I have seen that stated was from Blink.

No...no links...my computer blew up and I've lost all my "stuff".  Sorry.

I think that was said, but if you guys, don't....please disregard since I don't have a link.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:28 PM »

I also think that LE said that witnesses saw Kyron at school "after" Terri left.  I don't have a link to that one either, so disregard if you don't agree, please.

If others saw Kyron after Terri left - that's another way of saying that Kyron didn't leave with Terri IMO.

There are the tapes at the Freddie stores shortly after Terri left the school in which Kyron doesn't appear.  That would have definately been big news if LE had seen Kyron on any tapes from anywhere.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.