April 19, 2024, 03:10:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #43 5/23/11 - 4/11/12  (Read 392464 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #940 on: February 08, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »

The photo of Ky in the leaves is very odd, however.  It stands out from the other photos of Ky and James in the leaves and really does appear to have been photoshopped.

Monchichi: I think we all have seen this one (below) from Terri's FB, which looks normal.

The one that I found was on a "locked down like Fort Knox" FB, but I guess they forgot to change the security options to "private" on the pic.

Yes, this is one of 4-5 pics of Ky and James in the leaves on the album that I found.  The account I found them on is also locked down, except for one album which contains about 33 pictures in total.  I totally agree that this one picture stands out, however the fact that it is lumped in an album that was created May '09 makes me doubt that it means anything...

You're right! I didn't even look at the date!  I'm usually much more observant then that. I still say the photo is not right though. The scale, the sunlight, etc., don't fit. Just saying...

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #941 on: February 08, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »

Moving forward.....

This was a post made by T.ruth on BoC: Thanks T.ruth!

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/#comments

T. Ruth says:
February 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm

MANATEE COUNTY, Florida [NMT] — The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office reports a local man and his mother may have spotted missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman, who now would be nearly 10 years old, at the Lowe’s store located at 4012 14th Street West, Bradenton, on Tuesday, January 31, 2012, at about 11 a.m.

(snipped) (the rest of the story is at the link)
On the morning of Wednesday, February 1, 2012, at about 9:30 p.m., a man called the sheriff’s office to say that while he was at Lowe’s the previous day attempting to find a parking spot, he noticed a young boy holding the hand of an older female that “appeared strange.” As the man was about to pull into a parking space located near the front doors of the store, he waited for the two to pass, and gestured so they would pass.

The boy and older woman then approached the side of the man’s vehicle and said that they have never done this before, but they needed money so they could get on the bus and find a place to stay. Both the man and his mother suggested they go and stay at the Salvation Army. The boy and the woman responded by telling them they have been there and were turned down because they were filled up.

The man and his mother felt bad and told the boy and the woman they would give them money, but had to go inside the store to get change. After they retrieved the change, they left the store, but the boy and the woman were nowhere to be found.

Both the man and his mother thought they had seen the boy previously and had a funny feeling about what had happened.

The man went home and started looking on the Internet and found a boy that he described to deputies as identical to a boy by the name of Kyron Horman (the report spelled his first name as “Kyler”), who was missing out of Portland, Oregon. The man looked at multiple pictures of the boy and was positive it is the boy he had seen in the Lowe’s parking lot, because of a “unique shaped head and unique smile.”

The man read articles about Kyron Hormon online and discovered “the stepmother in the case who is a suspect has friends in Florida who may be aiding in the case.”

Anyone with any information about this case is asked to call the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office at (941) 747-3011 or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-634-TIPS (8477) — or, to provide an anonymous e-Tip by computer, click here.

Callers to the CrimeStoppers tip line and Tipsters who submit e-Tips by computer will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.

http://newsmanatee.com/pages/local.html

Where did this guy read that Terri has friends in Florida that may have helped her?

Me: I know there have been many sightings of Kyron "look alikes" but I have been saying for quite some time that I believe that he is alive. With that said, I'm going to wait and see if there is a follow up to this. I know Lowes has cameras so possibly LE will check those and fill the public in.

I'm not about to give up hope now.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #942 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »

In December I decided to take a little bit over a month off to just read around the web and clear my head, hoping I would feel refreshed and start fresh. It didn't work out that way. You see the same conversations and topics over and over again. Nothing new or insightful. No updates from MCSO or the news outlets.

It's going on 2 years and it's at a stalemate. "Terri did it", "Rudy and his cronies did it", "SZ did it", "A pedo did it", " Dede did it", and hell, the "Owner of the gym did it". The list just goes on and on. The fact is that we don't know, or even have a clue of WHO made Kyron go poof. We don't know if he is dead or alive, although my gut says the latter; that he IS alive.

So what happens from here? Do we listen to Kaine when he states that it could be up to 4 years before Kyron comes home. I personally don't like that option or choice. Why would it take that long? WHY would you accept that timeframe?  What information does he have that would make him have that assumption? Why is Desiree not as vocal in the news outlets? What is Terri's plan for the future? Is she going to accept staying with her parents and not seeing Kiara for years on end? What will she do when God forbid, they are no longer around? Who will protect her interest'? Most importantly, WHO is, or WHO was, protecting Kyron? He's a child. He depended on adults to protect him. They failed, and so are the people that knew what happened to him on June 4th, 2010.

So many people protecting their own interest' but I don't see anyone reaching out there and telling the truth about WHO took Kyron. I personally don't think it's in the best interest for MCSO to be so silent. It may be in the best interest for a conviction, but NOT in the best interest of Kyron coming home where he belongs.  He, Kyron, deserves better than that. He deserves to come home. NOW not later.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: February 08, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »

Interesting...Bradenton isn't too terribly far from where I am at...I wonder if they hang around outside often.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »

FYI - Titch posted links to all the facebook photos here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8203.msg1204795#msg1204795
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: February 14, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46372841#.TzqgxLRnBCA
Kaine Horman: Officers still 'hot on the case'
By David Krough
KGW-TV
updated 2 hours 12 minutes ago

PORTLAND – The father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman said the investigation continued in the case, and several events were planned for 2012 to help move the case forward.

"Law enforcement agencies are still hot on the case. Obviously because the investigation is still ongoing there are not a lot of specifics I will comment on other than they are still working hard, we are still in frequent communication," Kaine Horman wrote.

Kyron Horman was 7 years old when he disappeared from Skyline Elementary in June 2010. No suspects have ever been named but the investigation focused on Kyron's stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »

NHRC Fundraiser Events

"After experiencing the abduction and murder of my son, I know the incredible pain that a loss like this brings, and so I commend Beth for channeling her pain into something positive and creating this foundation in conjunction with the National Museum of Crime and Punishment. It is my sincere hope that Beth and her family will get justice in Natalee's case. I always say that one person can make a difference. This foundation, in Natalee's memory and honor, will help protect other young adults from danger." - John Walsh

Running For Justice, Hosted by Maggie and Amanda

Come to Augusta Preparatory Day School, located in August, Georgia, for a 5k run. 100% of the proceeds go to the NHRC!

When: Saturday, February 25th
Donation: Entrance fee of $20 includes a t-shirt!
Registration Deadline: Saturday, February 11th.

*Beth Holloway will be speaking on Friday, February 24th at 2:30pm

REGISTER NOW as space is limited!

If you can't attend the run, but would still like to donate:

Read More:
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC_events

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #947 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but thought I would post it anyway. Take it for what it's worth.

http://roseburg.craigslist.org/rnr/2853526363.html

Has anyone heard about this...
Date: 2012-02-15, 3:48PM PST
Reply to:

I heard there was some detective activity around Terri Hormans parents home [ Kyrons stepmom ] Has anyone heard anything about this ?

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #948 on: February 20, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »

http://www.shawnlindsay.org/news-a-events/5-press-release/168--bipartisan-group-of-legislators-formally-file-refusal-to-report-bill-to-protect-endangered-children-.html

SHAWN LINDSAY
OREGON HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
HOUSE DISTRICT 30
BIPARTISAN GROUP OF LEGISLATORS FORMALLY FILE ‘REFUSAL-TO-REPORT’ BILL TO PROTECT ENDANGERED CHILDREN

For Immediate Release
January 31, 2012

For More Information:
Shawn Lindsay: (503) 986-1430

SALEM – A bipartisan group of legislators have introduced legislation making it a crime for parents or guardians to knowingly fail to report the death or disappearance of a child.  The bill has been introduced for the 2012 session as HB 4048 with Rep. Shawn Lindsay (R-Hillsboro) as the chief sponsor.

Kaine Horman joined the bipartisan group of legislators in endorsing the bill.  “This bill gives law enforcement an additional tool to help protect children, help locate missing children quickly, and deliver justice for young victims,” said Horman, father of missing child Kyron Horman. “I urge the Legislature to approve HB 4048 during the February legislative session. If passed into law, this measure will hold individuals accountable when they are complicit or directly involved in the death or disappearance of a child.”

HB 4048 establishes two Class C felonies of failing to report the death or disappearance of a child.  Those convicted would face a maximum of five years in jail or a maximum fine of $125,000, or both.  The legislation does not preclude prosecution of any role the parent or guardian may have played in the child’s disappearance.  The bill includes safeguards to ensure the law is only applicable in certain cases where the parent or guardian reasonably knew the child was in danger and was the victim of a crime, yet failed to alert authorities.

“Reporting a child’s death or disappearance is the first thing a parent does when faced with such an emergency or tragedy,” Rep. Lindsay said. “Unfortunately, as we have recently seen in Washington State, Florida, and here in Oregon, this is not always the case.  With the support of the community and the bill’s bipartisan co-sponsors, we should quickly approve this solution and provide additional protection for children.”

HB 4048 has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee when the Legislature reconvenes for the 2012 session.  HB 4048 is co-sponsored by Representatives Bentz, Eyre, Buckley, Esquivel, Gelser, Huffman, Hunt, Kennemer, Sheehan, Sprenger, Weidner, Wingard, and Witt; and Senators Devlin, Girod, Monnes Anderson, Olsen, and Verger.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #949 on: February 20, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »

I don't know what it is, but my gut says that something is going to happen in this case. Call me an optimist, but I just feel it.

I pray to God that I'm right. We need Kyron to come home to his mama. She misses you desperately.  an angelic monkey

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2012, 02:58:28 AM »

I don't know what it is, but my gut says that something is going to happen in this case. Call me an optimist, but I just feel it.

I pray to God that I'm right. We need Kyron to come home to his mama. She misses you desperately.  an angelic monkey

Sassifrass - TY - for continuing your sleuthing for Kryon's sake. 

I, too, have an instinctive feeling that something is going to happen in this case...and...I feel like we're going to be surprised.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: February 22, 2012, 07:08:06 AM »

Yes we do sassi!   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: February 22, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »

I, too, have an instinctive feeling that something is going to happen in this case...and...I feel like we're going to be surprised.

Adding my thanks to sassi.

I hope your instincts are right. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: February 22, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »

Adding my thanks to sassi.

I hope your instincts are right. 

My thanks as well.
I pray something happens for the good soon.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #954 on: February 25, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

This is a mosaic pic of what Kyron may look like with different hair styles. I ask the owner of the Blog for permission to post it and she said yes. Her cousin created this and IMO, did a great job.

Thank you Juli!  an angelic monkey

Juli's Blog:

http://siriunsun.blogspot.com/2012/02/kyron-mosiac-again-different-hairstyles.html

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: February 25, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

Wow Sassi those are really great, thankyou so much for posting.  They really should be circulated through-out the country.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: February 25, 2012, 09:05:34 PM »

Thank you all who keep this thread alive.

Indeed, Kyron needs to come home.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »

Good post by erose on BoC:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/#comments

erose says:
March 4, 2012 at 4:48 am

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I feel taken for a fool. Initially, we tip-toed around the question of the school’s negligence and the teacher’s negligence and then we speculated about it, but we thought ‘it just couldn’t be’ but apparently, ‘it be.’ Parents had a right to know from the start. The public had a right to know. The district did not want to deal with the fall out, the teacher’s union protected their own, and LE complied.

Now we know what makes a grown sheriff cry. Schools aren’t safe from evil.

Telling the teacher the day of the Science Fair that Kyron had an appointment is completely different than telling her the day before and handing her paper work. She jumped to that conclusion the following day especially knowing the blank paperwork was still in her desk, or where ever she put it, OMG.

For everyone that left TH out to dry, how dare they do this when they knew Kyron had not left school with her. We should all fear that kind of persecution. If he left with ANYONE (even KH) other than her (because that is who he came with) there should have been measures in place for his protection, and there were not and a little boy paid the price, OMG, OMG, OMG.

Further more, it is possible that his stepmother has been unjustly tarred and feathered and run out of town and kept away from a little girl who thinks her Mommy deserted her, OMG, again. Did the further destruction of this family warrant not fessing up to institutional failure?

Whether she was involved or not, it paid off in public perception to have everyone think this evil stepmother did this and just in case it wasn’t her, then she must have had an accomplice. Is there a word for institutional cynic?

Lastly, does it pay to continue to perpetuate this scenario at the expense of the other children and families? Where is the description of the person last seen with Kyron? Why has this not been released?

No wonder everything about this case has been hushed up. Can they not see they are compounding their errors? This is such a monumental error, however, the cover up is always worse and in this case will result in another abducted child, O.M.G. and they it’s for real, not speculation.

Have they “lost” Rudy Sanchez, too?

erose says:
March 4, 2012 at 5:06 am

To be clear, my husband did not say or think KH abducted his son, just that “something is not right.”

BBM

My reply:

1st BBM:If the 3rd was the actual day that Terri had Ms. Porter sign the papers for the dr.'s appointment, then why was Kaine not aware of it in the beginning? He was there that day with Terri.

2nd BBM: erose, my hubby said the exact same thing; "Something is not right" along with, " Something does not make sense." 

Hubby is a very balanced and very intelligent man, so I trust his judgement. 

The more I look at his case, the more I think that something stinks to high heaven. Things are NOT what they appear to be.

Just me 2 cents...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #958 on: March 04, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »

bump

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #959 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/03/kaine_horman_at_portland_roads.html

Kaine Horman at Portland Roadster Show to publicize missing son, Kyron
Published: Friday, March 16, 2012, 3:10 PM     Updated: Friday, March 16, 2012, 3:40 PM

Kaine Horman set up tables at the Portland Roadster Show on Friday, pumped with enthusiasm over spreading the word about his missing son and energized after a new briefing by the lead detective in the case.

No one has been arrested in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, who was last seen at the age of 7 with his stepmother at Skyline School in June 2010. But Kaine Horman said several agencies are working leads on the case.

Horman has long stopped torturing himself with speculation about what happened to his son but remains confident Kyron is alive, six months before his 10th birthday.

Horman, who lost 30 to 40 pounds in the aftermath of his son's disappearance, has gained back about 10. He sweats through a gym workout every morning, spends 50 to 60 hours a week on projects for Intel, where he's an engineer, and spends much of the rest of his time taking care of his daughter Kiara.

"She's thriving," he said. "She's got a stable environment."

And she's cuter than ever, he said.

He's has learned to pretty her up, doing her red hair and painting sparkly polish on her nails.

Kiara is in preschool and has become a little chatterbox. Horman will not take her to the show this weekend, however. Like any 3-year-old, she's drawn to shiny things.

"You're not supposed to touch the cars," Horman said.

Horman has not taken a vacation since his son disappeared -- and plans none.

"I'll go on vacation with my kids," he said. "It won't be a vacation until he's back."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.