April 24, 2024, 05:05:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #589 3/13 - 3/16/2007  (Read 96303 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: March 16, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
I'm outta here till Monday.  

Have to PC shop over the weekend.

Smoochies to all.  

(None, I need that cooke website addy sometime.  Hug that hunk once for me before he goes).

Have a good weekend!  If you are getting a new PC it will come with Windows Vista.  Be prepared to have a few issues.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: March 16, 2007, 02:02:52 PM »

Thanks for posting AG's translation, klaas.

Sandy was pretty 'spot on'.

Paulus turned colors?

I can't wait until he turns blue  Evil or Very Mad

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: March 16, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

Ship is filling up.We can sail back by aruba,hit the canal and visit Tasmania.I need a list of who is coming and what they can bring.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: March 16, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Translation posted at RU by Arubagirl today:

Mr. Jorg also questioned the fact that Mr. Van Der Sloot attacked the Department of Justice for being out of balance, without management, untrustworthy and without any kind of ethics. Mr. Jorg remarked that these are large words but they demand arguments to show this as well. He finds that the argument cannot only consist of comparing the importance of finding the missing young lady against "all sorts of idiocy" from the other side. Mr. Jorg said that he can't unattach finding the young lady from the search for those people who are responsible for her disappearance. Especially when certain people are contradicting themselves and others about their role around the crucial moments during the disappearance.

He also questioned the fact that blame was assigned to the police by saying that the suspect did not declare the whole truth to the Police. Mr Jorg asked if t his is not a choice that the suspect himself makes? He remarked that he was asking himself how a child can get it in his head to go weeks without giving a statement to the police.

This is a recap of the speech. It could be noted in the courtroom that the color of mr. Van Der Sloot changed, showing that he did not find himself comfortable. Many lawyers had comments on the reaction of mr. Jorg. Some lawyers opine that it was not the place nor the time to make this speech while other lawyers find it strange that mr. Jorg made such a speech but that mr. Van Sloot himself asked for it.

-Bon Dia Aruba March 15 Page A3

Laughing  Laughing

Nobody on that freekin' island can say Natalee Holloway.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: March 16, 2007, 02:14:52 PM »

O/T

FBI: Extremists Signing Up to Be School Bus Drivers

Friday , March 16, 2007

Members of extremist groups have signed up as school bus drivers in the United States, counterterror officials said Friday, in a cautionary bulletin to police. An FBI spokesman said "parents and children have nothing to fear."

Asked about the alert notice, the FBI's Rich Kolko said "there are no threats, no plots and no history leading us to believe there is any reason for concern," although law enforcement agencies around the country were asked to watch out for kids' safety.

The bulletin, parts of which were read to The Associated Press, did not say how often foreign extremists have sought to acquire licenses to drive school buses, or where. It was sent Friday as part of what officials said was a routine FBI and Homeland Security Department advisory to local law enforcement.

It noted "recent suspicious activity" by foreigners who either drive school buses or are licensed to drive them, according to a counterterror official who read parts of the document to The Associated Press.

Foreigners under recent investigation include "some with ties to extremist groups" who have been able to "purchase buses and acquire licenses," the bulletin says.

But Homeland Security and the FBI "have no information indicating these individuals are involved in a terrorist plot against the homeland," it says. The memo also notes: "Most attempts by foreign nationals in the United States to acquire school bus licenses to drive them are legitimate."

Kolko said the bulletin was sent merely as an educational tool to help local police identify and respond to any suspicious activity.

It was not immediately clear whether the extremists intended to do with the school buses. One counterterror official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, said it was likely that the foreigners investigated were merely employed as bus drivers, and did not intend to use them as part of any terror plot.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: March 16, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »

Funny - Arubagirl posted that translation at RU over an hour ago and only one person has commented on it, lol  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: March 16, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »

Funny - Arubagirl posted that translation at RU over an hour ago and only one person has commented on it, lol  Laughing

And I'm dyin' to hear what Glenda has to say about it.  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: March 16, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

I'm waiting on Medleyrelay's frantic post about it, lol  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #968 on: March 16, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: March 16, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »

She's probably hyperventalating right now just thinking about it  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: March 16, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »

Maybe she's even changing colors like her friend Paulus.  Razz

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: March 16, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »

i think GLENDA's BROOM must have snapped  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: March 16, 2007, 02:49:22 PM »

Maybe she's even changing colors like her friend Paulus.  Razz

spinning like a TOP............

maybe she is trying to call JOE T............ Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: March 16, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »

Let's get this thread to page 50
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: March 16, 2007, 03:08:49 PM »

Mr. Jorg said that he can't unattach finding the young lady from the search for those people who are responsible for her disappearance. Especially when certain people are contradicting themselves and others about their role around the crucial moments during the disappearance.

Zinger 1  Arrow  PJ2K are liars.

He remarked that he was asking himself how a child can get it in his head to go weeks without giving a statement to the police.

Zinger 2  Arrow  Paulus coached them to lie.

Harsh comments by Mr. Jorg. Now is the time for his judicial buddies to act on them. Judges are finders of fact...with broad authorities. Use them.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: March 16, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

He also questioned the fact that blame was assigned to the police by saying that the suspect did not declare the whole truth to the Police. Mr Jorg asked if t his is not a choice that the suspect himself makes? He remarked that he was asking himself how a child can get it in his head to go weeks without giving a statement to the police.

Bet he answered that question, to himself, also.  At least someone has Paulus's number.  Hopefully, more ethical people will act.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: March 16, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Mr. Jorg said that he can't unattach finding the young lady from the search for those people who are responsible for her disappearance. Especially when certain people are contradicting themselves and others about their role around the crucial moments during the disappearance.

Zinger 1  Arrow  PJ2K are liars.

He remarked that he was asking himself how a child can get it in his head to go weeks without giving a statement to the police.

Zinger 2  Arrow  Paulus coached them to lie.

Harsh comments by Mr. Jorg. Now is the time for his judicial buddies to act on them. Judges are finders of fact...with broad authorities. Use them.

Yep  Wink
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: March 16, 2007, 03:15:11 PM »

Agreeing with Buckeye...and bumping.

2 posts in 1 ! Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #978 on: March 16, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »

2 posts in 1 ! Laughing

Well, if y'all have some time on your hands and you haven't gone to the Lounge and answered my smoking survey, I sure would appreciate any input you can give me.  Very Happy

Does this help move the thread, Klaas?

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: March 16, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »

2 posts in 1 ! Laughing

Well, if y'all have some time on your hands and you haven't gone to the Lounge and answered my smoking survey, I sure would appreciate any input you can give me.  Very Happy

Does this help move the thread, Klaas?

Yes, thanks!  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.