April 27, 2024, 10:09:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roxanne Shah, 47yrs, Indianapolis - missing since 2/7/11(Body Found)  (Read 7214 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 10, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/26813747/detail.html

Police Investigate Woman's Mysterious Disappearance
Woman's Abandoned Van Found

POSTED: 11:23 pm EST February 9, 2011
UPDATED: 8:51 am EST February 10, 2011
INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis woman mysteriously disappeared from a northern Indiana park on Monday, police said.

Park rangers discovered the woman's broken-down van at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, in Michigan City.

The rangers believe the van belongs to Roxanne Shah, 47.

Tony Vivaldi, Shah's husband, said she loves to escape, even alone, to the great outdoors. Even in the harsh winter weather, he said he isn't surprised the dunes would be Shah's destination.

"She likes getting away, away from people or whatever, and hiking on the trails," Vivaldi said.

But Vivaldi said he's worried because he hasn't heard from his wife.

"No contact," said Vivaldi. "The cell phone goes right to voice mail. That's got me very, very concerned."

Vivaldi said he learned that his wife's van was abandoned and she was missing on Monday, after police came to their Indianapolis home. He then found a note she had left behind.

"She left me a note saying she needed to get away for a few days and that she was going to stay in a state park inn," Vivaldi said.
 ::snipping2::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:12:37 AM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-missing-person-missing-womans-van-found-in-laporte-county-20110209,0,4344481.story

Husband of missing Indy woman talks about disappearance, search efforts

Park rangers and the U.S. Coast Guard called off a search at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore for 47-year-old Roxanne Shah after her van was found abandoned in LaPorte County.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »

http://www.chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/missing_womans_van_found_at_mt_b.htm

Missing woman's van found at Mt. Baldy; shelf ice searched

National Park Service (NPS) and U.S. Coast Guard personnel searched Mt. Baldy and nearby areas at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore on Tuesday for an Indianapolis woman after her minivan was found in the Mt. Baldy parking lot late Monday.

According to this morning’s edition of the Indianapolis Star, Roxanne Shah, 47, was reported missing on Monday.

Shah’s 2003 Ford Windstar was discovered in the Mt. Baldy parking lot by an NPS ranger at dark on Monday as she was closing the facility, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore spokesperson Lynda Lancaster told the Chesterton Tribune today. “The ranger didn’t see anybody in the area,” Lancaster said. “She did find a note in the van with a frowny face saying that vehicle was broken and that its owner would return in a couple of days.”

The ranger continued to search for Shah until 2 a.m. Tuesday, Lancaster said. “She looked around the lot, went to the top of Mt. Baldy, the places rangers typically look for missing persons.”

The search resumed later Tuesday morning, at which time human footprints were found in the snow on the beach heading in the direction of Lake Michigan, Lancaster said. “Those tracks just dead-ended. We didn’t find return tracks. We don’t know if they were covered in snow or swept away by the wind. It was pretty windy on the beach.”

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »

No clues in search for missing woman at Dunes
6:51 p.m. CST, February 16, 2011
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chibrknews-no-clues-in-search-for-missing-woman-at-dunes-20110216,0,6630712.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »

http://www.chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/missing_womans_van_found_at_mt_b.htm

Missing woman's van found at Mt. Baldy; shelf ice searched

National Park Service (NPS) and U.S. Coast Guard personnel searched Mt. Baldy and nearby areas at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore on Tuesday for an Indianapolis woman after her minivan was found in the Mt. Baldy parking lot late Monday.

According to this morning’s edition of the Indianapolis Star, Roxanne Shah, 47, was reported missing on Monday.

Shah’s 2003 Ford Windstar was discovered in the Mt. Baldy parking lot by an NPS ranger at dark on Monday as she was closing the facility, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore spokesperson Lynda Lancaster told the Chesterton Tribune today. “The ranger didn’t see anybody in the area,” Lancaster said. “She did find a note in the van with a frowny face saying that vehicle was broken and that its owner would return in a couple of days.”

The ranger continued to search for Shah until 2 a.m. Tuesday, Lancaster said. “She looked around the lot, went to the top of Mt. Baldy, the places rangers typically look for missing persons.”

The search resumed later Tuesday morning, at which time human footprints were found in the snow on the beach heading in the direction of Lake Michigan, Lancaster said. “Those tracks just dead-ended. We didn’t find return tracks. We don’t know if they were covered in snow or swept away by the wind. It was pretty windy on the beach.”

human footprints and not shoe prints?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:38 AM »

10-21-11
Body of missing Indianapolis woman found along shore

CHESTERTON | The body of 47-year-old Roxanne Shah was discovered Friday morning along the Lake Michigan shore, some eight months after the Indianapolis woman disappeared.

Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Gene Davis said a man out for a jog along the shore at Indiana Dunes State Park discovered Shah's body about 8:40 a.m. Friday.

snipped

Davis said there were no apparent signs of foul play.

When reached Friday night, Shah's daughter Rae Solhan said the family was "in shock" from the discovery. She said it was too early to provide details on what the family's plans would be in response to the tragedy.

snipped...more
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/duneland/chesterton/article_9e47d227-1254-5b89-a473-2b2e7fd39476.html

RIP Ms. Shah.......you can go home now

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 12:01:55 AM »

10-21-11
Body of missing Indianapolis woman found along shore

CHESTERTON | The body of 47-year-old Roxanne Shah was discovered Friday morning along the Lake Michigan shore, some eight months after the Indianapolis woman disappeared.

Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Gene Davis said a man out for a jog along the shore at Indiana Dunes State Park discovered Shah's body about 8:40 a.m. Friday.

snipped

Davis said there were no apparent signs of foul play.

When reached Friday night, Shah's daughter Rae Solhan said the family was "in shock" from the discovery. She said it was too early to provide details on what the family's plans would be in response to the tragedy.

snipped...more
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/duneland/chesterton/article_9e47d227-1254-5b89-a473-2b2e7fd39476.html

RIP Ms. Shah.......you can go home now
Thanks Nutt~ I am so glad she has been found. This case bothers me allot because of the hinky circumstances. I hope the coroner can give the family answers. RIP Roxanne  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.