April 25, 2024, 09:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny Business at Obama's DOJ? - Whistle Blower Account  (Read 1360 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 11, 2011, 06:35:19 AM »

"‘Bombshell’ Charge: DOJ Whistleblower Says Liberal FOIA Requests Get VIP Treament" - somehow, I don't think the 'bombshell' applies.  Business as usual for the Chicago camp?

On Thursday, Adams leveled more accusations at Holder’s Justice Department, claiming its compliance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) had been politicized. According to documents obtained by Adams, FOIA requests from liberals or other politically connected civil rights groups are often given same-day attention by the DOJ, while requests from conservatives or Republican-affiliated groups face long delays or are ignored altogether.

For example, Republican election attorney Chris Ashby of LeClair Ryan made a request for the records of five submissions made under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. Ashby waited nearly eight months for a response. Afterwards, Susan Somach of the “Georgia Coalition for the Peoples’ Agenda,” a group headed by Rev. Joseph Lowery, made requests for 23 of the same type of records. While Ashby waited many months for five records, Somach waited only 20 days for 23 records.

Maybe they had an off day or two?

Adams points to specific cases in the past to support his argument:

In 2006, Charlie Savage, then at the not-yet-insolvent Boston Globe, requested all of the resumes of the recently hired attorneys in the Bush Civil Rights Division — including mine. DOJ leadership was convinced rushing out the resumes of dozens of lawyers far before the deadline was a good thing. …

In spring of 2010, Pajamas Media requested the exact same information from the DOJ that Charlie Savage requested in 2006 — except for hires made in the Obama DOJ. Recall the Bush administration turned over all the resumes of attorneys as fast as they could, and well before the statutory FOIA deadline.

PJM’s request was ignored. Then on October 13, 2010, the request was renewed by certified mail. Still, no response as required by law.

Will anyone go to jail?  Maybe it was just lost on someone's desk?  How can they uphold the law for everyone, if they ignore records requests?

read more here - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bombshell-charge-doj-whistleblower-says-liberal-foia-requests-get-vip-treament/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:39:45 AM »

Original article "Bombshell: Justice Department Only Selectively Complies with Freedom of Information Act (PJM Exclusive) According to documents PJ"

The laundry list -

The data in the FOIA logs I obtained reveal the priorities of the Civil Rights Division — transparency for friends, stonewalls for the unfriendly. Those enjoying speedy compliance with their Freedom of Information Act requests include:

– Gerry Hebert, noted free speech opponent, partisan liberal, and former career Voting Section lawyer who testified against now-Senator Jeff Sessions when he was nominated to the federal judiciary. Same day service.

– Kristen Clarke, NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Clarke sought the dismissal of the voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther party. Same day service.

– Ari Shapiro of National Public Radio. Five day service.

– Nicholas Espiritu of the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund. Next day service.

– Eugene Lee of the Asian Pacific American Legal Center. Three day service.

– Edward DuBose, president of Georgia NAACP. Same day service.

– Raul Arroyo-Mendoza of the Advancement Project. Same day service.

– Nina Perales of the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund. Two day service.

– Tova Wang of Demos. Three day service.

– Mark Posner and Robert Kengle of the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
    Kengle is the same former DOJ attorney who did not want to do election coverage in Mississippi where a federal court found that white voters were being discriminated against. Same day service.

– Brian Sells, formerly of the ACLU and now of the DOJ Voting Section. (Paging Charlie Savage). One day service.

– Natalie Landreth, Native American Rights Fund. Same day service.

– Fred McBride, ACLU redistricting coordinator. Same day service.

– Jenigh Garrett, NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Same day service.

– Joaquin Avila, well-known election law professor in Seattle who advocates for the rights of illegal aliens to vote in American elections. Next day service.

In contrast, well-known conservatives, Republicans, or political opponents had to wait many months for a response, if they ever got one:

– Michael Rosman, Center for Individual Rights. Six month wait.

– Jennifer Rubin (seeking records relating to employees, like Charlie Savage did). No reply at all.

– Congressman Frank Wolf. Five month wait. Wolf now chairs the Appropriations Subcommittee in charge of the DOJ budget. Oops.

– Jed Babbin, editor at Human Events. Six month wait.

– Jerry Seper, Washington Times. Six month wait.

– Jim Boulet of the English First Foundation. No reply at all.

– Jenny Small of Judicial Watch. Five month wait.

– Republican Pennsylvania state Representative Stephen Barrar. Four month wait.

– Jason Torchinsky, former DOJ and now ace GOP lawyer. No reply at all.

– Ben Conery, Washington Times. Five month wait.

link - http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/bombshell-justice-department-only-selectively-complies-with-freedom-of-information-act-pjm-exclusive/?singlepage=true

Anyone feel safer with Obama at the wheel?

The same DOJ that slices and dices and uses the resulting statistics to 'prove' racial discrimination and earn millions for African Americans?  I have to believe that the same data could have sliced and diced to prove racial discrimination for non-African Americans, but I imagine those cases are ignored.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.