April 16, 2024, 08:42:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT TO READ  (Read 129346 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »

From what I have read, RightHaven has now filed suit against over 240 websites and blogs.  They need to be stopped. 

I agree!  I did a lot of reading last night, and I have hope from what I've read that it will happen...it's just a matter of time.  The right attorneys, or maybe even eventually a judge that tires of this abuse of the court system will put a stop to this nonsense. 

They are banking on defendants settling out of court, since most could not afford a lengthy court battle. 

Dana Eiser's case in South Carolina and the attorney's responses to Righthaven with regard to a counter suit were especially interesting reading IMO.   

The facts in that case may differ but it gave me a good feeling to see them getting it right back in their face! 

http://www.rightturnsonly.com/2011/03/you-gotta-fight-fight-for-your-right-2/

There's a lot more out there...just use Google! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »

Just tried to make the donation through Paypal.  Got a screen message that it did not go through..but to check my email or Paypal account after 30 minutes???

I have never gotten that message before.  I'll keep you posted if I do get an email and if the donation actually went through.

Gypsy
- I have no idea.  All I know is that the button in the upper right in the forum can be used for PayPal or Debit or Credit.  It worked for me and I chose the PayPal option at that link.  This is what I did:

1.  I entered the amount I wanted to donate then I clicked on UPDATE TOTAL

2.  From there you can choose which way to pay.  I chose PayPal and signed into PayPal.  From there it was just a normal PayPal transaction.

That is exactly what I did also.  And so far no email..so I don't know rather it went through or not. 

I think I will check again tomorrow with Paypal and then check my online bank....if it didn't go through I will donate again using my debit card and see how that works.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »

Weird Gypsy, must be a PayPal thing.   Hope you get it figured out.  Maybe the credit/debit card you are using for PayPal has expired?  Did you go directly to PayPal and check your account?
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 07:13:03 PM »

Gosh, very sorry to hear about the lawsuit...I don't have much right now coming out of winter (hopefully) but I did donate what I could today.

I have faith that all Monkeys will do what they can, such wonderful people here...I would be lost without my every morning read here.

NCSunny

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »

Weird Gypsy, must be a PayPal thing.   Hope you get it figured out.  Maybe the credit/debit card you are using for PayPal has expired?  Did you go directly to PayPal and check your account?

Yes ..Paypal has my checking info..as well as my Discover Card..which is a business card ...for back up.

I use Paypal online whenever the logo is available.

I haven't had this happen before and I think it may have been a Paypal snafu.

So I will try again tomorrow to make my pennies count for Scared Monkeys.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »

Donated!  Thanks Klaas for telling us about the situation.  We appreciate Red and Scared Monkeys! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

Thanks Grace Land
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »

KLAAS When I go to the link that takes me to Paypal, it doesn't do anything but tell me to go back to the link that sent me there. Am I doing something wrong? TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:57 AM »

KLAAS When I go to the link that takes me to Paypal, it doesn't do anything but tell me to go back to the link that sent me there. Am I doing something wrong? TIA JSM

Try this:

1.  Go to the link in the upper right hand corner of the page (note it's not a PayPal link but a Donation link where you can do either PayPal or Credit/Debit)

2.  At the top of that page is asks you for an amount.  Put that amount in and click on UPDATE TOTAL

3.  Then either log into PayPal if you are paying that was or provide your Credit/Debit info

4.  It will then take you to another screen.  Once you get there it's simply verifying and giving your final OK (if I remember correctly)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:55 AM »

Try this:

1.  Go to the link in the upper right hand corner of the page (note it's not a PayPal link but a Donation link where you can do either PayPal or Credit/Debit)

2.  At the top of that page is asks you for an amount.  Put that amount in and click on UPDATE TOTAL

3.  Then either log into PayPal if you are paying that was or provide your Credit/Debit info

4.  It will then take you to another screen.  Once you get there it's simply verifying and giving your final OK (if I remember correctly)
I must be doing something wrong... is there a way I can send a check or money order? Does Red have a PO Box? It is still not working for me and I want to send something to help out. TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »

Try this:

Hey Klaas, it also asks you to enter what it's for & I put scared monkeys. That is the right thing to make sure Red gets it, isn't it?

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »

Just figured out how to do it, can't afford much wish I could send more. Hopefully it will help Red fight the good fight. God Bless RED, KLAAS and all the Moderators and Monkeys. What I can't give by way of $$$ I can offer prayers that SM wins the battle.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »

Klaas

I don't feel comfortable with Pay Pal.  Is there a PO Box/mailing address that a money order can be sent to?

Thanks

Janet

Janet - I'll see if I can get that for you.  I think RED has a PO Box.

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »

Klaas

I don't feel comfortable with Pay Pal.  Is there a PO Box/mailing address that a money order can be sent to?

Thanks

Janet

Janet - I'll see if I can get that for you.  I think RED has a PO Box.

BUMPED

Janet- RED posted this morning.  It would appear there's possibly a PO Box in the works:

Sorry for the intrusion.....

PLEASE NOTE THE DONATION BUTTON ON OUR PAGE.  RED was hesitant to add a donation button but I talked him into it.  The donations would go to pay LEGAL fees Red is incurring due to this RightHaven suit.

For those who aren't aware, please go to this thread and read about RightHaven, or google RightHaven Suit:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9451.0

Red is desperate, any donation at all would be hugely appreciated.  You can write LEGAL FEES if you like in the Donation comment area.  The smallest out of court settlements have been between 5-10K and there's no guarantee that RightHaven will settle out of court.

Thanks!

To donate, click on the DONATE button at the upper right in the forum

I just wanted to take the moment to thank all that have made donation to Scared Monkeys. Your thoughts and generosity are most welcome. We have sent personal thank you’s to all that have made donations; however, I noticed that some came back undeliverable for Comcast or ATT email providers. Please note, I want to wish a big thank you and it is very much appreciated.

I also realize that many support the cause; however, are unable to make donations. By supporting our advertisers, and continued reading at SMyou help out as well.

It is rare that we ever ask for donations in order to generate revenues to make the site go; however, the present situation is an unforeseen and unexpected situation.

You can donate through Paypal and we also might be adding a PO Box as well.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my Monkey heart.
RED

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »

Thanks MuffyBee

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »

Paypal worked fine for me today....so I was able to make a very small contribution...wish I had more $$$ to help out SM

an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »

Red is working on a PO Box.We will post the address here, in this thread, when available.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »

I was reading about "this company" a while back, but didn't know a poor "Monkey" was caught in the cross-hairs. Good luck in taking the *!#&s!

Some defenses have worked against them, including "fair use" (right to speech by excerpting and commenting), "implied license" (if the publisher urges you to email story, or send it to friends, twitter without warning of copyright requirements), and copyright-abuse by fraud. This last one relating to how they troll the internet, and find copyrighted material on message boards or blogs and then obtain the rights to the material to sue retroactively, but eventually who benefits is the previous owner of the material, not "the company" that is suing.

I don't know how much to comment before getting in trouble, so I'll quit. Hopefully "this company's" attorneys will get tangled in such a legal mess that they will be sorry the day they decided to join law school.

The way I see it, sharing an article or photo in a forum that is dedicated to just commenting is like opening a newspaper and allowing someone else in the room to read  an article or look at it.

My opinion only.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »

Hi Klaas~ just checking on the P O box, I really don't like pay pal but prefer to send a contribution.
  I'll keep my eyes on the thread if Red's  able to set one up.
j
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »

Thanks for the reminder.  I need to ask him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.