April 18, 2024, 10:29:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #857 3/20/11 - 4/20/11  (Read 370632 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »

I'm not sure, I'm going to see if I can find out...but I think this might be the Merryweather residence.  The one with the zoo. 

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=6772&offId=0

12 minuut pasa | Fecha: 30/03/2011 | Horario: 16:07
MAS IMAGEN DURANTE E RAZZIA NA ALTOVISTA

----- Forwarded Message ---- From: richard lacle To: awe24 awe24 ; awemainta ; victor winklaar Sent: Wed, March 30, 2011 3:29:57 PM Subject: MAS IMAGEN DURANTE E RAZZIA NA ALTOVISTA

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »

I'm still thinking it may be the Merryweather's...tax fraud and maybe money laundering????

I'm really not surprised... 

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/29582-dos-detencion-den-investigacion-fiscal-penal-grandi.html

Papiamentu translation:

two detencion in investigacion fiscal- penal big

wednesday, 30 march 2011 15:32 awemainta the unidad of investigacion fiot of belastingkantoor in cooperation cu rst y cuerpo political of aruba owing to as huiszoeking at several lugar at aruba, in cuadro of one investigacion fiscal- penal bao responsabilidad of ministerio publico. at the self instant did take lugar also actividadnan of investigacion at colombia, in cuadro of the investigacion at aruba y in cooperacion cu autoridadnan colombiano. one of the actividadnan here was one huiszoeking. opsporingsambtenaarnan of aruba was present at colombia. the accionnan did take lugar because; part of one investigacion of posible fraude cu tax y delitonan of labamento of coin lia at esey by of the comerciante aruban h.m. y his casa f.d.l.-m. kendenan is exploita several business at aruba. during the accion at aruba owing to as huiszoeking (search) at three cas, cuatro business y one office of accountant of the sospechosonan. at colombia owing to as huiszoeking at one hacienda. in the huizoekingnan owing to confisca particularmente documentonan cu have of haber cu finanzas y administracion of the negoshinan, as bukinan of administratie, cahanan of registro, computernan, etc. at two adres of the sospechosonan owing to achieve armanan of candela ilegal. also owing to confisca some obheto of valor, as one car y one boat. several person owing to wordo listen for police, among they, the sospechosonan. two sospechoso, h.m. y p.m., owing to wordo deteni. the investigacion is relaciona cu suspicion of one fraude of tax big. entradanan cu was wordo genera for her sospechosonan cu they negoshinan was as not or not completo give at tax. owing to consecuencia of this country aruba, so is the suspicion, owing to wordo enough perhudica in his entrance at tax. the ventaha financiero mara at esey was wordo wash. intencion of the accion of awemainta was for tax can achieve mihor vista on the as of work of the sospechosonan y for calcula cuanto the perdida was exactly.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »

The Merryweathers...

Herbert Merryweather (Son of John Merryweather)
Francine de Lannoy
Philip Merryweather

Recently married and his wife just opened a new business...
Herbert (Herbie) Merryweather
Carolina Merryweather-Raven

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2011, 04:50:20 PM »

The Merryweathers...

Francine de Lannoy-Merryweather
Philip Merryweather

Herbert (Herbie) Merryweather (edit to add)

made a correction above...

I know they own the Driftwood Restaurant and fishing charter business, and the Dress Code is Carolina Merryweather's new store.  We've all seen the zoo...and then there's the paso fino horses...

http://www.facebook.com/dresscodearuba

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Driftwood-Fishing-Charters/198909635334

http://www.driftwoodaruba.com/index_restaurant.php

http://www.ocaruba.com/2011/02/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2011, 04:52:08 PM »

The Merryweathers...

Francine de Lannoy-Merryweather (edit to add)
Philip Merryweather

Herbert (Herbie) Merryweather

made a correction above...

I know they own the Driftwood Restaurant and fishing charter business, and the Dress Code is Carolina Merryweather's new store.  We've all seen the zoo...and then there's the paso fino horses...

http://www.facebook.com/dresscodearuba

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Driftwood-Fishing-Charters/198909635334

http://www.driftwoodaruba.com/index_restaurant.php

http://www.ocaruba.com/2011/02/

I messed up the edit in my prior post...I think it's fixed now... Embarassed

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4052:rst-y-team-special-recherche-a-tira-razia-na-alto-vista&catid=1:policial&Itemid=16

Papiamentu translation:

rst y team special recherche owing to throw razia at alto vista

rst y team special of recherche owing to throw one razia an aun cas at alto vista caminda cu did take enough cos in beslag. near of this owing to enter one restaurant much conoci for cuminda of lama. djies here rato more informacion.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »

I was pretty sure it was them already, but this is the picture link from my last post...

http://www.einformante.com/images/stories/noticia/2011/march/mar29/polishurbi.jpg

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/29582-dos-detencion-den-investigacion-fiscal-penal-grandi.html
 ::snipping2::
at two adres of the sospechosonan owing to achieve armanan of candela ilegal.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »

Why do I think this will be one of those cases that we'll never hear another thing about?

I get the impression that they are a pretty powerful family on that rock.

jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »

2NJ would have loved this too.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »

Merryweather residence...Alto Vista 116.

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/29574-polis-teniendo-razzianan-pisa.html

police teniendo razzianan pisa

wednesday, 30 march 2011 12:01

by today 5or of marduga, one are big of recherchenan, under direccion of ministerio publico is drentando various cas at aruba. owing to visit various cas, owing to detene some person y owing to confisca several producto y material. one of the casnan cu owing to ricibi visit is of family merryweather at alto vista at north. here owing to bay cu the son, the conocido phillip merryweather cu is conoci for his actividadnan of beast cu children. family merryweather is maneha the driftwood restaurant for much year end. in the proceso polisnan owing to bay cu one boat, car y some box of evidencia for of the cas. the another adresnan do not conoci for we still. ministerio publico owing to tell cu for afternoon will give more informacion on the caso here

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2011, 05:41:50 PM »

Hi TM - I've been busy today.  Please help me by spelling out what you believe has happened at the Merryweather home.  You can decipher Pap so much better than me 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »

Hi TM - I've been busy today.  Please help me by spelling out what you believe has happened at the Merryweather home.  You can decipher Pap so much better than me 

From what I gather...

Cooperative investigations in Colombia and Aruba into the Merryweather family businesses and/or properties.

Tax fraud, and if I understand correctly money laundering...were the things that were being investigated.  They also found illegal weapons in the search of two of their homes.

Another home was also searched in Aruba that they have not said who it belongs to yet.  I'm wondering if it was Herbie's...he's recently married so I'm assuming they don't live at the "big house" with the rest of the family.

I'll be out for a while but I will read it all again later and see if I can decipher anything more.  There are obviously some Dutch terms in the articles also that would have to be translated separately.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »

Thanks TM!

So Merryweather is a crook too?  Yeah 2NJ would love this 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »

The Speech

CNN LIVE TODAY
Missing in Aruba
Aired July 5, 2005 - 10:00   ET

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S MOTHER: It is now that I ask the world to help me. Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter. These criminals are not only allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens of Aruba, but there are no limits where they may choose to travel.
I am asking all mothers and fathers and all nations to hear my plea. I implore you, do not allow these two suspects, the Kalpoe brothers, to enter your country until this case is solved. Do not allow these criminals to walk among your citizens. Help me by not allowing these two to get away with this crime.

It is my greatest fear today that the Kalpoe brothers will leave Aruba. I am asking the Aruban officials to notify the United States State Department in the event these suspects try to leave this island. I am asking all nations not to offer them a safe haven. I am asking this in the name of my beautiful, intelligent and outstanding daughter who I haven’t seen for 36 days and for whom I will continue to search until I find her.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/05/lt.03.html

The Fallout

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Exerpt

Page 157/158: No one is breathing. Or Moving. Reporters and camera people are crying. The media hve been here more than a month, and they’ve seen firsthand what we’ve experienced. They are moved by this plea. But some of the Arubans are not. Calling their local sons “criminals” offends them. Having just heard the prosecuting attorney tell us at least one of the Kalpoes could be involved in whatever happened to my daughter. I felt the term seemed appropriate. But it led to an abrupt change in the tide of support.
… Not long after the “criminals speech,” some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee. A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media. We’ve worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn. And they let us know they’ve had it. The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Some Arubans angry at Holloway’s mom
Calling brothers ‘criminals’ elicits resentment, statement from lawyer
updated 6:56 p.m. PT, Wed., July. 6, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8484217

The Apology

Missing teen's mom apologizes for comments
Statements 'fueled by despair'
Friday, July 8, 2005; Posted: 6:41 p.m. EDT (22:41 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) — The mother of Natalee Holloway apologized Friday for saying two released suspects were involved in her daughter’s disappearance.

“The statements I made on July 5th were fueled by despair and frustration because of still not knowing where my daughter is,” Beth Holloway Twitty said in a statement to the media. “I think everyone, everyone can sympathize with that.”

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/08/missing.aruba/index.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »

John Merryweather

'Scarborough Country' for July 6
updated 7/7/2005 11:11:45 AM ET

<snipped>

JOE SCARBOROUGH, HOST: Mr. Merryweather, thank you so much for being with us tonight.  Tell us, why were you involved in that protest?  What do you think that Natalee's mother did wrong? 

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT:  Well, first—no, no, first of all, I'd like to answer why I was at the—not protest.  It was a gathering in support of our justice system.  It was not a protest.  It never started out as a protest either.  I would like that to be very, very clear. 

When I was there, I hadn't heard what the comments of Natalee's mother either of the day.  I was asked that after I was there.  I went there.  I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  What did she say that was wrong?  What did Natalee's mother say that was...

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  No, what did Natalee's mother say that offended so many people in Aruba? 

MERRYWEATHER:  Well, you know, it—it—it offended me, also.  You cannot—these two boys, I don't know them.  I don't know the parents.  I don't know anyone involved in this personally. 

But our justice system, as yours in the states, you are innocent until proven guilty.  This system of ours, whether you agree with it or not, whether you understand it or not, allows these people to be free at this moment, but they are not free of charges.  They have not been exonerated from this case. 

They have not been found innocent.  They are witnesses.  And they can be called upon at any time. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  OK, Mr. Merryweather, that is fair enough.  I mean, that is a fair enough point.  You're innocent until proven guilty. 

Can you understand, though...

MERRYWEATHER:  Yes. 

SCARBOROUGH:  ... why Natalee's mother and why a lot of Americans are upset by the fact that the three key suspects, the last people seen alive with Natalee, they were released for 11 days, allowed to get the stories straight, allowed to clean up the car, allowed to clean up their homes, and then these two Kalpoe boys that were released why, they lied to the police.  They changed tear stories two or three times.

SCARBOROUGH:  And now they are walking the island.  Can you not understand why some Americans are scratching their heads, saying what in the heck is going on in Aruba? 

MERRYWEATHER:  You know, first of all, this is not the United States.  This—we are governed here also by Dutch law, Aruban law that is years and years older than the United States.  And the Dutch law has proven itself over the years. 

It is just the law of the land that we all have to abide by.  I sympathize very, very much with Natalee's parents and family.  We here in Aruba, I personally, my family, if we could go out and we could find the solution to this tonight, we would do it, because it is not only having an effect on them.  It's having an effect on the whole community. 

This is a small island and everybody is involved here and everybody is just as frustrated in another way maybe.  But we want also—we want to have closure.  And we would rather have closure that Natalee be found alive safe and well and go back to the states, but, in any event, closure, because this is disrupting the island totally. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  I'm sure it is, Mr. Merryweather.

One final question.  Maybe you can educate it, because you say Dutch law is older than American law. 

MERRYWEATHER:  That's right. 

SCARBOROUGH:  So, maybe you can educate us and help us understand why you would have the three key suspects, the three guys last seen with Natalee Holloway the night she disappeared, walk the island free for 11 days. 

Explain how the maturity of Dutch law allows that to happen in a way that we Americans with our—gee, it's only 220 years old—and the American legal system doesn't understand it? 

MERRYWEATHER:  Well, I didn't mean that as an insult either or a gibe. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  No, no, no.  I am just trying to figure out, though, why do you let them walk for 11 days?

(CROSSTALK)

MERRYWEATHER:  That—only the people involved in the investigation and, in accordance with the , can tell you, they have to present evidence to the courts to be held to begin with. 

And each time, they have an extension.  And at a certain moment, if there is no more evidence, no more new evidence to hold them, they have to be let free until such time—when I say let free, they are not free of the case.  They are not free of the case. 

SCARBOROUGH:  Right. 

MERRYWEATHER:  They are still part of the case. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  They are still possible suspects, what you are saying, but they still may—they may be suspects, even though they are walking. 

(CROSSTALK)

Look, even if—there is an appeal.  The—the—the—the Justice Department appeals them walking free.  This now comes in front of three judges.  And I understand it may be as soon as Friday. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  All right, thank you so much, Mr. Merryweather.  We greatly appreciate it. 

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  If the three judges find there's justification, they walk or they may go back in.             

MERRYWEATHER:  If the three judges find justification, they will go right straight back to jail. 

SCARBOROUGH:  All right, thank you so much, Mr. Merryweather.  We know you live on a great island.  Everybody has called Aruba the happy island.  I have got friends that have visited there, say it is very safe.  It's a wonderful place.  That is why I'm so hurt and why a lot of Americans are hurt that we don't think we are getting the answers that we deserve.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8498049/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »

Thanks TM!

So Merryweather is a crook too?  Yeah 2NJ would love this 

I've always thought so...and I'm pretty sure she did too!    an angelic monkey

If you take a good look at all that we know they have (and I'm sure there's more), in relation to the businesses they have and how the economy has been in Aruba....they have wayyyyyy too much to be justified imo.  I've always thought there MUST BE something else going on there.  jmo

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »

See the March 28, 2011 date that the Plaintiffs need to file theirOpposition to the Summary Judgement?  Well they filed a ton of stuff on the 28th that just became available.  Too much to post all of it and will take too much time.  There is a statement from Deepak and one from Satish I'll definitely post some time tonight.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »

See the March 28, 2011 date that the Plaintiffs need to file theirOpposition to the Summary Judgement?  Well they filed a ton of stuff on the 28th that just became available.  Too much to post all of it and will take too much time.  There is a statement from Deepak and one from Satish I'll definitely post some time tonight.

Thanks Klaas!   

And thanks to the generous monkey that purchased the documents!    an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »

Satish's statement filed March 28, 2011:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.