March 29, 2024, 07:40:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'A Walmart Education'  (Read 1250 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 22, 2011, 08:24:47 AM »

I was watching the circus in Madison on TV.  They had one woman, apparently a teacher, who indicated that she was there because 'I don't want Walmart educating our children'.

What is the worst thing that could happen if Walmart got into the education business?

A good quality quantifiable education?  At popular prices for taxpayers?

Schools that are basic and in good condition?  In some areas, they build palaces, that remain empty (ex. Milwaukee).  In other areas they build good buildings, some areas have crumbling buildings...

Walmart customizes merchandise at stores based on local needs.  They take into consideration ethnic needs, local products...

In areas where there is no Walmart allowed?  There are any number of other retail outlets that provide the same goods and services.

The market also includes stores that offer personal shoppers, dollar side merchandise...

What is the worst thing that could happen if there was a Walmart for education?

What do we have today?  Communist style education?  Empty shelves?  Derelict buildings?

What's the worst thing that could happen if taxpayers had real choice for their dollars?

What's the worst thing that could happen if parents had real choice for their child's education?

What's the worst thing that could happen if Walmart went into education?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »

There is another of this situation that comes to mind.

I've heard any number of times on TV, liberal/progressive types saying that old people don't get it.  In the 'new economy' people have to make their own jobs.  They can't depend on big companies any more.

What does Washington do?  Especially the progressives?

Obamacare - penalizes success.  Big fines and expenses for any business that kick in when you grow.  '50' seems to be a golden number for employees. 

I've listened as they suggest that younger people seem to get it and then they hold 'Google' up as the new way forward.  Google doesn't employ a lot of people, but makes lots of money...kinda like Wall Street.

Last I looked around Walmart, there were thousands of items.  Any of those imported goods paying Obamacare's big fines?  Paying for never ending unemployment insurance?  EPA fees and regulations?  I don't think so.

There is no such thing in America as 'free trade' or 'fair trade' when American workers are involved. 

Wage earners can't compete with slave labor.

Big companies are so old school...likely the public employee is old school too.

Why does Washington punish successful business?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.