April 30, 2024, 10:51:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisconsin Recall Rallies  (Read 1898 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 27, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »

GREEN BAY, Wis. — An effort to recall state Sen. Dave Hansen kicked off Saturday with hundreds of supporters and opponents gathering on the far northwest side of Green Bay.
"He should be in Madison just like the Democratic Assembly members were," Glenn Gardipee said. "Tuesday will be an important date."

Tuesday is the deadline for the state to refinance $215 million in general obligation bonds. Walker has said that without the financing, the state will have to lay off workers to avoid a deficit for the current budget year, which ends June 30. The measure cannot be approved unless the senators return.

Gardipee said that even if the senators do return, the recall effort likely will go forward.

read more here - http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-26-wisconsin-hansen-recall_N.htm

Who's looking out for taxpayers?  When do taxpayers get a seat at the bargaining table?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »

Hundreds turned out in Kenosha, demanding the recall of state Sen. Robert Wirch -- one of the 14 Democratic senators who went to Illinois to prevent a vote on the Governor Scott Walker's plan.

People in the crowd said Wirch is not representing them like he should.

"It's strictly about the fact that he's in Illinois right now. It has nothing to do with the bill and certainly it's bipartisan. It's both Republican and Democrat," said Dan Hunt.

read more here - http://www.wisn.com/politics/27011267/detail.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »

EAGLE RIVER -- A newly formed Northwoods group consisting of Tea Party members and supporters began collecting signatures this weekend to recall State. Sen. Jim Holperin (D-Eagle River), one of 14 Democrats who left Wisconsin to avoid voting on Gov. Scott Walker’s controversial budget bill.

Several people circulating petitions were on the streets Saturday in Eagle River, Rhinelander and other parts of the Northwoods seeking to recall Holperin. They included Paula Visner of Eagle River, who set up a “drive-through” on Wall Street in Eagle River and had collected about 50 signatures by noon.

“I’m just frustrated that he is not representing us,” said Visner. (see video below for her remarks).

Across the street in front of the Eagle River post office, when I visited, there was a Holperin supporter holding a sign, which he held up in front of his face when I took the photo, saying he did not want to be identified...

(maybe he is a paid agitator?)

read more here - http://newsofthenorth.net/article/Top_Stories/WI_State_News/Holperin_recall_group_fans_out_in_Northwoods_has_60_days_to_gather_20000_signatures/121378

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »

Gold Star Parents Urge Recall of AWOL Wisconsin State Senators

MEDIA ADVISORY, Feb. 24, 2011 /Christian Newswire/ -- Gold Star parents Debbie Lee and David Jeffers, who each lost sons in Iraq, are urging Wisconsin Tea Party members to immediately begin the recall process as outlined in Article XIII, Section 12 of the Wisconsin Constitution.

Both parents know the meaning of sacrifice and devotion to duty; their sons epitomized these qualities and gave the last full measure in defense of the US Constitution and our liberty.

In his latest post (tinyurl.com/5wgkjlj) "Recall the Rascals" at Salt and Light Blog, Jeffers (a retired Army Master Sergeant) writes, "Eight of the fourteen AWOL Democrat State Senators in Wisconsin are subject to recall immediately. The other six will be on January 4, 2012."

read more here -http://www.earnedmedia.org/salb0224.htm

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.