March 28, 2024, 11:33:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reorganizing America - Press the 'RESET' button please.  (Read 1226 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 28, 2011, 07:11:55 PM »

The president seems to think public employees are being vilified...

"Pres. Obama Dives Back Into Wisconsin, Says Public Employees Being 'Vilified'"

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Public servants will agree with that. Democrats and republicans agree with that. In fact many public employees in your respective states have already agreed to cuts. But let me also say this, I don't think it does anybody any good when public employees are denigrated or vilified, or their rights are infringed upon. We need to attract the best and the brightest to public service. These times demand it. We're not gonna attract the best teachers for our kids, for example, if they only make a fraction of what other professionals make. We're not gonna convince the bravest Americans to put their lives on the line as police officers or firefighters if we don't properly reward that bravery. So yes we need a conversation about pensions and Medicare and Medicaid and other promises that we've made as a nation and those will be tough conversations but necessary conversations. As we make these decisions about our budget, going forward though, I believe that everyone should be at the table and that the concept of shared sacrifice should prevail. If all the pain's borne by only one group, whether its workers or seniors or the poor, while the wealthiest among us get to keep or get more tax breaks, we're not doing the right thing. I think that's something the democrats and the republicans should be able to agree on.

http://nation.foxnews.com/union-protests/2011/02/28/pres-obama-dives-back-wisconsin-says-public-employees-being-vilified

For the past 20-30 years, American business has reorganized and shipped jobs to places like India, China, Mexico, Jamaica...

Where are the jobs for Americans?  In the Stimulus bill (1,2,3...)?   In the endless showing of money done by the Federal Reserve?

Everyday Americans watched as Washington spent big on special interests, Obamacare, Stimulus, as American jobs moved to special interests, foreigners, foreign companies/workers and global businesses.

Why shouldn't the public sector feel some pain?  Business 'vilified' Americans for years - they're too expensive, want to many benefits, can't afford them, Mexicans work harder and cheaper (Democrat lawmaker), we have to give them home...

Who gives Americans hope?

While Geithner's big banks want to expand to India and China, and make big bucks, who's money is on the line?  Will those jobs be coming back to the US to give Americans hope for the future?

How many jobs has the Obama admin sent to foreigners?  How much stimulus/taxpayer money created job for foreigners and illegal aliens?

Perhaps Americans, starting at the state and local level will push the 'reset' button on how we do the public's business, how we educated our children.  For years, business has found better or equal workers for less money in foreign lands.  Maybe it's time to start outsourcing?

I don't think public sector workers have shared any pain these past two to three decades...

The only one I hear that has faith in America, thinks America is great, is Donald Trump. 

There are people who build great nations, and others who destroy them.   We don't have a builder in the White House.  For some reason, the Obama's do not feel the pain of the working poor...

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »

"NBC News’ Scarborough: Scott Walker 'Un-American'"

Joe Scarborough's "intuitive gut reaction" to the mess in Wisconsin is that Gov. Walker's holdout against union pleas for collective bargaining "seems kind of un-American" to him. It supposedly pained the self-described small-government conservative to say it, but he held to his opinion on Monday's "Morning Joe."

"I'm going to get killed for saying this," Scarborough hesitantly prefaced his confession. "I'm going to get so killed for saying this - I hate to say this, but the concept of telling people that they cannot come together to negotiate with a government - it just kind of seems un-American to me."

The "Morning Joe" panel was covering the latest updates on the standoff in Wisconsin between Gov. Walker and the public sector unions, who are willing to compromise on some demands but want to keep their ability to collectively bargain. Walker still refuses to meet their demands, saying that unions' historic abuse of collective bargaining power contributed to the budget mess his state is now in.

see video and links here - http://nation.foxnews.com/scott-walker/2011/02/28/nbc-news-scarborough-scott-walker-un-american

How many Americans got to negotiate to keep their jobs when the big banks, big insurance companies, and others moved manufacturing, call center, and other jobs to foreign workers?  Maybe you even got to work a few weeks longer if you trained your replacements in India?

Anyone in Washington think they're un-American?  Cut off their access to taxpayer money?  Federal Reserve financial bargains?  Hmmm...Geithner seems to think they need to make even more by sharing their financial products with the world...

It's not that they're against Americans (unless you're a taxpayer), they're just 'for' all the foreigners, special interests, and big global bankers and businesses...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.