May 01, 2024, 01:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #590 3/16 - 3/19/2007  (Read 109677 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2007, 01:31:47 AM »

O/T

Has anyone got a car that they just LOVE? I've got to buy one and don't even know where to start. Safe is important to me, but I'd like a few bells and whistles.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2007, 01:33:29 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Thanks, Angie! John's healing........and eating! Laughing

Physical Therapy is helping me, and I'm eating too!  Embarassed

Is there a F-A-T smiley?

CBB I am happy you both are doing better!
 This is werid.. I hardly EVER ate?  AND I do now more at work?
 ANn I have lost weight? ALOT of weight? My jeans are falling off of me. I aint complaning. but weird?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2007, 01:33:41 AM »

O/T

Has anyone got a car that they just LOVE? I've got to buy one and don't even know where to start. Safe is important to me, but I'd like a few bells and whistles.

Toyota Camry  Wink  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2007, 01:34:31 AM »

Quote from: "San"
One other thing while I am sitting here thinking.

This business about Paulus being reprimanded in front of his peers is really no big deal.  They are trying to make it look like he has no power whatsoever and he can be shot down any time they want to.

Just look at how we all reacted today when we found out the news he was brought in front of the other judges for calling them idiots.

Why now after all this time they let him get away with what he did.  Are they trying to show that the judges weren’t really in his back pocked when they really were?

Big deal he got his hand slapped.  Too little too late.

What they are carefully doing is putting the final touches on their big charade that will end on the 2 year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance.  JMO.

I would like to think that this reprimand WAS something of a big deal.  How often do we see lawyers dress down one of their own, on a personal level, in public?   I do not think Paulus has the standing he would like people to believe he has.  For months after he was notified of the failed judgeship, he, Anita, Joran and others continued to refer to him as a judge. The newspaper article states that he was uncomfortable with the exchange, and there was the inference that he brought the action upon himself.  If I were the parent of the primary suspect, and could still be arrested myself, if new evidence was presented, I do not believe that I would be foolish enough to attack the system that I would be dependent on to conduct a fair trial.  The fact that he was brazen enough to do so makes his arrogance very obvious, just as his "redecorating"  did while J2K were in jail.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Is there a F-A-T smiley?

ANn I have lost weight? ALOT of weight? My jeans are falling off of me. I aint complaning. but weird?

Gee, Angie. My heart bleeds.  Laughing I want YOUR diet!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2007, 01:36:15 AM »

Quote from: "lexie"

This business about Paulus being reprimanded in front of his peers is really no big deal.  They are trying to make it look like he has no power whatsoever and he can be shot down any time they want to.

Just look at how we all reacted today when we found out the news he was brought in front of the other judges for calling them idiots.

Why now after all this time they let him get away with what he did.  Are they trying to show that the judges weren’t really in his back pocked when they really were?

What they are carefully doing is putting the final touches on their big charade that will end on the 2 year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance.  JMO.

I would like to think that this reprimand WAS something of a big deal.  How often do we see lawyers dress down one of their own, on a personal level, in public?   I do not think Paulus has the standing he would like people to believe he has.  For months after he was notified of the failed judgeship, he, Anita, Joran and others continued to refer to him as a judge. The newspaper article states that he was uncomfortable with the exchange, and there was the inference that he brought the action upon himself.  If I were the parent of the primary suspect, and could still be arrested myself, if new evidence was presented, I do not believe that I would be foolish enough to attack the system that I would be dependent on to conduct a fair trial.  The fact that he was brazen enough to do so makes his arrogance very obvious, just as his "redecorating"  did while J2K were in jail.

I agree, it's a HUGE deal
crazybabyborg
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2007, 01:36:27 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
O/T

Toyota Camry  Wink  Wink

That's on my list, Tibro. Thanks!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2007, 01:40:15 AM »

I think the courtroom incident is important too. It's a real indicator that island sentiment is shifted away from the Sloot clan. I imagine Joran's book is an attempt to gain a little respect back, because I doubt they are very popular among the populace and it's a small island.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2007, 01:40:50 AM »

O/T

I HAD a 4wd  Chevy Tracker.. for almost 5 years. I DO miss it in this SNOW crap we have here in PA.  The 4WD at leaat.
  I traded it on for a  Cobalt SS.. sporty lookin.  I LOVED it when I got it. BUT it dont go for shit in bad weather.. although it is front wheel drive.
 I wanted a Mazda RX8..   My friend works at the dealership. she talked me out of it.  Said no go in snow..lol
   From what I know and have been told CBB.. that Toyotas are suppose to be the best?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2007, 01:42:03 AM »

Well monkeys, I will have to leave all you night owls and hopefully check back in later, with extra mops.

So

And I see Cat is off to an early start with  "O Danny Boy... " :

This is what I am hoping for in our lottery tonight :

And when I get here tomorrow I hope not to see too many monkeys like this :  

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2007, 01:44:12 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Is there a F-A-T smiley?

Gee, Angie. My heart bleeds.  Laughing I want YOUR diet!

LOL.. I dont diet.. I am eating more then I have ever in a long time?
   Makes NO sense to me at all.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2007, 01:46:03 AM »

I agree! Great post Lexie!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2007, 01:47:10 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Well monkeys, I will have to leave all you night owls and hopefully check back in later, with extra mops.

So

And I see Cat is off to an early start with  "O Danny Boy... " :

This is what I am hoping for in our lottery tonight :

And when I get here tomorrow I hope not to see too many monkeys like this :  

Night Tibro  Smile  and TY !
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2007, 01:47:12 AM »

Nite Tibro
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2007, 01:48:02 AM »

I have often wondered if Paulus is like some of the people I worked with.... Great with rules, things, data, but with zero interpersonal skills.  Some of them could alienate other employees within minutes of working with them.  

I cannot reconcile his name with integrity, or honesty, given his actions in this case.  He deliberately frustrated the investigation, using his knowlege of the law and his relationships within the justice system and law enforcement, to benefit his son (and himself?).  Now he will write a book to gloat about "how he would have done it", I guess.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=127303#127303

I posted a cute little joke for any dogs to read in the A joke / section of the lounge. very cute
crazybabyborg
« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2007, 01:48:32 AM »

It may have something to do with WHAT you're eating Ang. I know HOW to loose weight and eating more can actually speed up your metabolism.

But that brownie with caramel HaagenDaz we had a little while ago probably isn't helping us!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2007, 01:50:42 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=127303#127303

I posted a cute little joke for any dogs to read in the A joke / section of the lounge. very cute

Love it, Kat! How cute!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: March 17, 2007, 01:51:24 AM »

I have often wondered if Paulus is like some of the people I worked with.... Great with rules, things, data, but with zero interpersonal skills.  Some of them could alienate other employees within minutes of working with them.  
I work with a few right now. Spend all day hair splitting.

I cannot reconcile his name with integrity, or honesty, given his actions in this case.  He deliberately frustrated the investigation, using his knowlege of the law and his relationships within the justice system and law enforcement, to benefit his son (and himself?).  Now he will write a book to gloat about "how he would have done it", I guess.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: March 17, 2007, 01:58:34 AM »

Good points lexie.

Poor people skills. Maybe a user like Joran.

Look who has criticised him the most. The prosecuter's office.

His old workplace.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.