May 01, 2024, 05:40:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #590 3/16 - 3/19/2007  (Read 109719 times)
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: March 18, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"
QUESTION:

Late last week there was an article in Amigo (I think) that had a
picture of a bunch of judges at some sort of meeting in Aruba.
Does anyone know what that was all about?  There have been
some posters on the front page that were asking about the
article...

Question

Think it was a swaring in for new Lawyers and or the Judges.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: March 18, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »

QUESTION:

article...

Question
Oh yes, that was a great article . That is the article where Mr Jorg criticised Paulus Van Der Sloot for his remarks against the Prosecutors office. You could say that Paulus got a good public spanking!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: March 18, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »

O/T - everyone PLEASE check the menu foods website and make sure they aren't feeding their pets the recalled food.  We've had several people post on the front page that their pets just died from renal failure.

www.menufoods.com
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: March 18, 2007, 07:25:53 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "Hotshot"
Lilpuma  Yes A SM T-Shirt would be great, wonder if it would get to me in time though.

Maybe Klaas would know.  Is she napping or shopping?   Doesn't she get a ringtone or something when we're talking about her?

Sorry, what was the question?   Laughing  Laughing

Hotshot - I thought you were wearing the t-shirts you made?
Sorry for responding so late, was making more shirts.  Yes, I am wearing the ones I made.  But something with SM on it would have been nice too...

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: March 18, 2007, 07:27:38 PM »

Hotshot - I just added a cap in Cafepress:

http://www.cafepress.com/scaredmonkeys.117921753

Thats really cute.  Let me go and check it out, see if its not too late to order.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: March 18, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "GreatOwl"
I left a message in the missing thread.  The jury has reached a verdict in the Halbach murder trial.

long time no see...hi owl.. Laughing  and hotshot Laughing

I just may do that...  Hi, how ya been?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: March 18, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »

Hotshot - you can do 2 day shipping but it will cost you.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: March 18, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »

http://www.cafepress.com/scaredmonkeys

Scroll down, there are 3 styles of caps I added.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: March 18, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
QUESTION:

article...

Question
Oh yes, that was a great article . That is the article where Mr Jorg criticised Paulus Van Der Sloot for his remarks against the Prosecutors office. You could say that Paulus got a good public spanking!

You know, I wonder just how uncomfortable PVDS truly is when he walks the streets in Aruba and people are whispering behind his back. Especially from his peers. It's got to bother the sweat hog a little.

Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #669 on: March 18, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »

QUESTION:

article...

Question

I believe it was to greet the new judges.  The interresting thing is at that meeting, PVDS got a good "spanking"  Laughing

I know last time I was here, you were working on the translation...

So what was said?

And, is the article going to be
posted to the front page?  

Question

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: March 18, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »

http://www.cafepress.com/scaredmonkeys

Scroll down, there are 3 styles of caps I added.

OK, going there now

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: March 18, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »

O/T - everyone PLEASE check the menu foods website and make sure they aren't feeding their pets the recalled food.  We've had several people post on the front page that their pets just died from renal failure.

www.menufoods.com

Omgosh that is so sad. That is scarey too. What next, torrist putting anthrax in our boxed food or anthrax in our floor ect. A very scarey thought.

Menu Foods will be lawyering up I'm sure. Or settle out of court. So many pets dying from their food. Just so sad.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: March 18, 2007, 07:36:53 PM »

Patti - here is the article, the translation and my added photo at the bottom, lol  Laughing

Translation posted at RU by Arubagirl today:

Article about remarks from Advocate General made about the case

Just in case anybody's interested.

Advocate General Mr. Jorg Questioned Attacks of Mr. Van Der Sloot Against Public Ministery [Department of Justice]
In front of plenty of lawyers in the courtroom

Oranjestad - Something unusual happened Tuesday morning during the swearing-in ceremony of the three Scribes to the Court who are Maikel Oduber, Navio Valdez and Edwin de Weever and the three lawyers mr. Foy, mr. Vis and mr. Bryson.

What happened is that Advocate General mr. Jorg, in front of all the lawyers present, among them mr. Van Der Sloot as well, decided to question the statement of Mr. Van Der Sloot that was published in Amigoe. The reaction of Mr. Jorg was a surprise to all thouse present and especially to mr. Van Der Sloot himself.

Bon Dia Aruba was present when mr. Jorg was to give a speech related to the lawyers that had been sworn in. At a certain moment the speech changed to the subject about the relationship between advocacy and the Department of Justice.

Mr. Jorg expressed himself in a very diplomatic way, but to everybody present it was very clear that he was referring to mr. Van Der Sloot. He questioned the fact that Mr. Van Der Sloot went to look for publicity by giving a statement to Amigoe and make certain statements that mr. Jorg never experienced. He refers here to the fact that lawyers and prosecutors publicly refer to each other as idiots. Mr. Jorg said that he hopes that this not become a habit. He said that he thinks we won't come very far by insulting each other. He made a call to change these actions to a better way to relate to each other.

Mr. Jorg also questioned the fact that Mr. Van Der Sloot attacked the Department of Justice for being out of balance, without management, untrustworthy and without any kind of ethics. Mr. Jorg remarked that these are large words but they demand arguments to show this as well. He finds that the argument cannot only consist of comparing the importance of finding the missing young lady against "all sorts of idiocy" from the other side. Mr. Jorg said that he can't unattach finding the young lady from the search for those people who are responsible for her disappearance. Especially when certain people are contradicting themselves and others about their role around the crucial moments during the disappearance.

Mr. Jorg continued to say that what he finds very strange is that on one hand the magistrates of the Department of Justice get questioned but on the other hand the Police get accused of not "have followed through" with the interrogation of a suspect. Mr. Jorg referred to the fact that in the Code of Criminal Procedings, a suspect has the right to remain silent. If this
is violated, then the case can even appear in front of the European Human Rights court. He thinks this observation [referring to the police] is absurd.

He also questioned the fact that blame was assigned to the police by saying that the suspect did not declare the whole truth to the Police. Mr Jorg asked if t his is not a choice that the suspect himself makes? He remarked that he was asking himself how a child can get it in his head to go weeks without giving a statement to the police.

This is a recap of the speech. It could be noted in the courtroom that the color of mr. Van Der Sloot changed, showing that he did not find himself comfortable. Many lawyers had comments on the reaction of mr. Jorg. Some lawyers opine that it was not the place nor the time to make this speech while other lawyers find it strange that mr. Jorg made such a speech but that mr. Van Sloot himself asked for it.

-Bon Dia Aruba March 15 Page A3

Laughing  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: March 18, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »

Quote from: "dkpen"
QUESTION:

article...

Question

You know, I wonder just how uncomfortable PVDS truly is when he walks the streets in Aruba and people are whispering behind his back. Especially from his peers. It's got to bother the sweat hog a little.
A lot of people there probably smile to his face, then talk about him behind his back. For some reason, on that island no-one wants to speak up when it counts. They are afraid of something. That is why it is just so great that Mr Jorg ripped him up, in front of all who were there! I applaud Mr Jorg! As you said a lot of whispering is going on over there.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: March 18, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »

www.menufoods.com

Omgosh that is so sad. That is scarey too. What next, torrist putting anthrax in our boxed food or anthrax in our floor ect. A very scarey thought.

Menu Foods will be lawyering up I'm sure. Or settle out of court. So many pets dying from their food. Just so sad.

spell check = terrorist

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: March 18, 2007, 07:42:12 PM »

Klaas, I love the dunce cap.. Laughing  Laughing  A quick shout out to Hotshot and FOM, and I will be back after diner.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #676 on: March 18, 2007, 07:42:49 PM »

Quote from: dkpen
QUESTION:

article...

Question

I agree... it has to be embarrassing to know that you're the reason that
the island is experiencing the effect of a boycott that would never had
happened had he done the responsible thing, both for the island and for
his son.

There's a judge, here, where I live whos son was arrested for possession.
He didn't try to cover for his son... in fact, he did the opposite.  He felt
that it was just that his son go to jail for his offense just like everyone
else.   His father was, especially, hard on criminals involved in drug
activity and never backed down from his stance... even when it came to
his own son.

He's a tough guy, not too many people like him... I adore him.  He is a
fine example of one that upholds his responsibility to the judiciary.

And, by the way.... you look adorable!!

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: March 18, 2007, 07:45:48 PM »

Quote from: Patti
QUESTION:

article...

Question

I agree... it has to be embarrassing to know that you're the reason that
the island is experiencing the effect of a boycott that would never had
happened had he done the responsible thing, both for the island and for
his son.

There's a judge, here, where I live whos son was arrested for possession.
He didn't try to cover for his son... in fact, he did the opposite.  He felt
that it was just that his son go to jail for his offense just like everyone
else.   His father was, especially, hard on criminals involved in drug
activity and never backed down from his stance... even when it came to
his own son.

He's a tough guy, not too many people like him... I adore him.  He is a
fine example of one that upholds his responsibility to the judiciary.

And, by the way.... you look adorable!!

Very Happy  Why thank you, you look marvelous yourself, schweety!

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: March 18, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »

Klaas, I love the dunce cap.. Laughing  Laughing  A quick shout out to Hotshot and FOM, and I will be back after diner.
Hiyas

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: March 18, 2007, 07:50:41 PM »

www.menufoods.com

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Bring Natalee home...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.