April 19, 2024, 02:45:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S.S. Titanic, Bankruptcy & Smaller, Smarter Government  (Read 1296 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 01, 2011, 10:44:58 AM »

What really makes an economy?  Government theft through taxes, regulation, and legislation?

~~~

Why Koch Industries Is Speaking Out

Crony capitalism and bloated government prevent entrepreneurs from producing the products and services that make people's lives better.

The Congressional Budget Office has warned that the interest on our federal debt is "poised to skyrocket." Even Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is sounding alarms. Yet the White House insists that substantial spending cuts would hurt the economy and increase unemployment.

Plenty of compelling examples indicate just the opposite. When Canada recently reduced its federal spending to 11.3% of GDP from 17.5% eight years earlier, the economy rebounded and unemployment dropped. By comparison, our federal spending is 25% of GDP.

What seems to work?  And, what course is Congress and the White House taking?

Recent studies show that the poorest 10% of the population living in countries with the greatest economic freedom have 10 times the per capita income of the poorest citizens in countries with the least economic freedom. In other words, society as a whole benefits from greater economic freedom.

I think America is one of the few nations where those that live in 'poverty' have big screen TVs, and maintain cars.  In contrast, the 'working poor', those not on the dole, and paying big taxes, struggle to make ends meet without a big screen TV...

I am confident that businesses like ours will hire more people and invest in more equipment when our country's financial future looks more promising. Laying the groundwork for smaller, smarter government, especially at the federal level, is going to be tough. But it is essential for getting us back on the path to long-term prosperity.

Why are businesses 'sitting' on TRILLIONS?  Despite all the 'business friendly' taxes, regulations, and legislation Obama has burdened the nation with? 

Maybe the future doesn't look very bright from the perspective of job creators?  What ever you make in profits, the government is waiting to confiscate?  Regardless of the victim being a business or a working class American?

Just waiting on the sidelines to steal the fruit of your labor?  Steal and give it away to foreigners, special interests, Wall Street, big global business that creates jobs in foreign countries?

Who's looking out for Americans?  The working poor?

read more here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704288304576170974226083178.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLE_Video_Top

The working poor...who's giving them equal opportunity?  Obama just seems to make the economy worse, cause inflation, skyrocketing energy, food, poverty and unemployment.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday the central bank is ready to respond as necessary to a surge in global commodity prices caused in part by unrest in the Middle East, though he said inflation expectations remain low.

Appearing before a Senate panel to deliver his semiannual report on the state of the economy, Mr. Bernanke reiterated that the U.S. economic recovery is gaining traction even as job growth and the housing markets remain weak...

read more here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704506004576174263077803884.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

When was the last time Uncle Ben shopped for groceries on a regular basis and had to maintain a food budget?

When was the lats time Uncle Ben had to look for a job, when real un/under employment was more than 20%?

Where is the traction?  Where are the jobs?  Jobs for everyone who WANTS to work?  How long have people been unemployed and on welfare?  Four years? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.