April 26, 2024, 04:50:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #183 03/04/11 - 3/07/11  (Read 175522 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »

this is interesting!
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/03/a-favorable-appellate-case-for-the-state/

A Favorable Appellate Case for the State?
Mar 4th, 2011
by Richard Hornsby.

As many of you know, the focus of the hearings over the last three days has been on whether Casey Anthony was “in custody” and, if so, at what point was she “in custody.”

And as has been discussed at  WebSleuths by AZLawyer, Judge Perry’s decision will hinge on the following four factor analysis used in Florida and outlined in Ramirez v. State, 739 So. 2d 568 (Fla. 1999):

1. The manner in which police summon the suspect for questioning;
   2. The purpose, place, and manner of the interrogation;
   3. The extent to which the suspect is confronted with evidence of his or her guilt; and
   4. Whether the suspect is informed that he or she is free to leave the place of questioning..

I think Byass is barking up the wrong tree on this one.  This case was about a "missing child" a "kidnapped child" and "child neglect" before it was ever about a murdering mother.  And the initial reason she was arrested was child neglect ... and if your child was either missing or kidnapped for 31 days before you called police ... I'd say that was child neglect.     They could have slapped handcuffs on her the first minute after arriving and still been within the law in my mind.  31 days!?

Actually, the reason why she was initially cuffed was at her mother's insistence with the excuse it was regarding stolen property (car) & money to keep Casey at the house.   The cuffs were removed later when her mother admitted she did not want to have her daughter arrested but she was never "in custody" nor "arrested" until after she volunteered to go on her web of lies tour ending at Universal the following day.   Casey up until that point was then viewed as the mother of a missing child, albeit her actions were in question as to why she did not report her daughter missing for 31 days.  While at Universal & even at the house it was made very clear to her what her options were & asked several times if she wanted to continue volunteering to talk to police & it was recorded.  The issue of her being cuffed or in the rear seat of a patrol car, both are standard operation procedures & mainly for the safety of the officers in the patrol car in mind.  There are many reasons as a matter of fact that an individual or several could be temporarily cuffed, for example... a call of a disturbance at a teen house party or a street fight, it is not untypical in those circumstances for safety reasons or risk of flight to temporarily cuff a crowd until interviews of what happened were conducted & it was determined who if anyone broke a law & would at that point be placed under arrest.    Subsequently, Casey was arrested for lying to LE and child neglect and brought to the station at the conclusion of her voluntary statement at Universal.

1. The manner in which police summon the suspect for questioning;   The police did not summon the suspect, the mother of the suspect requested assistance to her home were her daughter was with her but not being restrained to stay.
   2. The purpose, place, and manner of the interrogation;    The original purpose was at the bequest of the suspect's mother first reporting a stolen car & money, thirdly then reporting that she was told at that point her granddaughter was not reported missing by her daughter for 31 days.  The suspect was asked if she would be willing to make a voluntary statement.   When she was being questioned she was in an open doored room at her residence & even out freely walking with an officer outside the home.
   3. The extent to which the suspect is confronted with evidence of his or her guilt; and  At no such time did these officers say or do anything inappropriate in their questioning a) suspect of stolen property & money b) mother of a missing child
   4. Whether the suspect is informed that he or she is free to leave the place of questioning..  She was briefly in cuffs, then released from them.  Additionally, the officers left the home of the suspect leaving her to sleep in her bed & be with her family which obviously indicates she was free to come and go if she chose to.   The following day, or rather later that morning as the evening concluded in the am hours she volunteered to go with officers & she was not cuffed the entire time until it became obvious thru her own admittance of lying that she would be put under arrest & read her Miranda rights.

That's my opinion & Im sticking to it.   I do not believe the defense proved any legally sound reason which prevent Casey's statements to police 7/15-7/16 from coming into evidence for trial.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »

hope these havent already been posted.

transcripts released-----Defense experts----

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085571/detail.html
---dr. Bock-------

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085544/detail.html
----dr. Bock #2---

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085526/detail.html
-----Furton----

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085513/detail.html
--------dr. Huntington-----

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085461/detail.html
-------dr. Huntington #2 ---

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085404/detail.html
-------dr. Fairgrieve----

I'll read these tomorrow, I'm too fried right now to be bored & aggravated out of my mind 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »

Hi ISpy! Great to see you and read your posts again! I always look forward to your thoughtfulness and insight!

loca? Ouchiemama!!!  I hate to hurt one of my toes!! There's that split second after you've done it before you feel it but you know what's coming!!    Yes, you should definitely sue. We'll all be your witnesses that Baez bored you into delirium and you actually thought Casey's horseface turned into Mr. Ed and began to sing. As you ran screaming with "A horse is a horse, of course, of course" ringing in your ears, you stumped your toe!

Loco, sorry to see that you got a boo toe...take care of you & heal quickly!

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2011, 09:39:28 PM »

baez filed this it looks like it.
found at the hinkymeter.com

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »

Hi ISpy! Great to see you and read your posts again! I always look forward to your thoughtfulness and insight!

loca? Ouchiemama!!!  I hate to hurt one of my toes!! There's that split second after you've done it before you feel it but you know what's coming!!    Yes, you should definitely sue. We'll all be your witnesses that Baez bored you into delirium and you actually thought Casey's horseface turned into Mr. Ed and began to sing. As you ran screaming with "A horse is a horse, of course, of course" ringing in your ears, you stumped your toe!

Loco, sorry to see that you got a boo toe...take care of you & heal quickly!

thanks cap aint that the sh*its
can I sue bozo for stress
hey maybe we can all do a class action lawsuit

Loca
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »

After ALL that screeching about the junk science of the scientists@Oak Ridge and their use of gas chromatography and all of a sudden bozo is not agreeing not to contest any of it?  Something is up here. Either he found out there was no way to dispute their work or he agreed to do that if the prosecution would drop the contempt charges. I knew he did not have a leg to stand on disproving the science but he has ranted on and on about it for 3 years. I did notice that was written up right after their "conference" with the judge so I am thinking it was the contempt charges.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »

I meant all of a sudden the IS AGREEING..........fingers added not for some reason. sorry

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2011, 10:22:32 PM »

I can't even believe what I just read.  I was on the first pdf of Dr. Bock in the new defense documents that were released.

It is already a very difficult thing to read, they are discussing the crime scene and the pictures taken.  While talking about Caylee's precious skull and the plants around it.  Jose Baez actually tried to JOKE about it.  Thankfully the wonderful Mr. Ashton put him in his place.  I can't copy and paste the pdf so this is going to be typed by hand.

Page 17 of the first pdf of the deposition of Dr. Bock.  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085571/detail.html

Page 17, starting at line 11.

11.  Q:  I believe the vines were pulled away because if you see in the prior photo, there appears to be vines above and my belief is that this photo the vines have been pulled back, at least, in order to more accurately visualize the skull itself.

MISTER BAEZ:  SO THERE WAS SOME VINE INTERVENTION?

Mr. Ashton:  DiVINE INTERVENTION, YES IT WAS, UNFORTUNATELY IT WAS TOO LATE.

I am at a loss for words, no matter what he said today in court, Baez has no sense of right or wrong.  He just wants to win and win at any cost.  We have a monster defending a monster, there isn't a doubt about it in my mind.  I felt so let down today, when he wasn't slapped about missing a deadline and then ended up treating it as if it were nothing.  Then I thought, well Judge Perry must know best, how to keep this a fair trial and if that was good enough for him, it should be good enough for me.  I am back to my original and correct feelings about it.  He should of never been able to stand there and talk so smugly about what a wonderful advocate he was and barely give Mr. Ashton a proper apology.  When they reach a guilty verdict for our beloved Caylee, I will be even happier knowing that it will once again make Baez what he really is, A LOSER. 

Hugs, Magic   

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »

hope these havent already been posted.

transcripts released-----Defense experts----

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085571/detail.html
---dr. Bock-------

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085544/detail.html
----dr. Bock #2---

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085526/detail.html
-----Furton----

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085513/detail.html
--------dr. Huntington-----

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085461/detail.html
-------dr. Huntington #2 ---

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085404/detail.html
-------dr. Fairgrieve----

I'll read these tomorrow, I'm too fried right now to be bored & aggravated out of my mind 

I think this all goes back to  after Caylee's body was found and we heard all the A's, as well as all the defense call this "junk science".  I think that Simms was trying to allude to that tactic today...but I think she will fail..although I was impressed by how quickly she could write her motion and turn it over to the judge before the hearing ended.  Baez and company need to take a few notes from her effiency page.

I do not think that these experts will make the jury believe that the experts the State used are subpar in their respective fields.  I think some of them may not even end up on the stand.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »

I can't even believe what I just read.  I was on the first pdf of Dr. Bock in the new defense documents that were released.

It is already a very difficult thing to read, they are discussing the crime scene and the pictures taken.  While talking about Caylee's precious skull and the plants around it.  Jose Baez actually tried to JOKE about it.  Thankfully the wonderful Mr. Ashton put him in his place.  I can't copy and paste the pdf so this is going to be typed by hand.

Page 17 of the first pdf of the deposition of Dr. Bock.  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085571/detail.html

11.  Q:  I believe the vines were pulled away because if you see in the prior photo, there appears to be vines above and my belief is that this photo the vines have been pulled back, at least, in order to more accurately visualize the skull itself.

I am at a loss for words, no matter what he said today in court, Baez has no sense of right or wrong.  He just wants to win and win at any cost.  We have a monster defending a monster, there isn't a doubt about it in my mind.  I felt so let down today, when he wasn't slapped about missing a deadline and then ended up treating it as if it were nothing.  Then I thought, well Judge Perry must know best, how to keep this a fair trial and if that was good enough for him, it should be good enough for me.  I am back to my original and correct feelings about it.  He should of never been able to stand there and talk so smugly about what a wonderful advocate he was and barely give Mr. Ashton a proper apology.  When they reach a guilty verdict for our beloved Caylee, I will be even happier knowing that it will once again make Baez what he really is, A LOSER. 

Hugs, Magic   

ITA..Baez is a total fool..I don't think he understands, or even tries to understand, the science behind any of this..that is why Baez  acts like the class clown..to try to hide his ignorance.   

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:28 PM »

I have now read twice the depostion of Dr. Bock. I have looked her up and she has VERY THIN credentials. After two hours of deposing her Ashton asks her:

"Are you prepared to render an opinion in this case as to when the remains of Caylee Anthony were placed at the location they were found."

Dr Bock "NO"

Another big waste of time and and taxpayer's money. She knew NOTHING about sub-tropical plants and does her work in the desert. She has NEVER  testified about bones and plant growth. She has only been used as an "expert witness" in Colorado and very few times at that. It appears it was all in small towns.  She is a volunteer for a group the digs up OLD GRAVES.........

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: March 04, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »

I think this is the motion that Simms wrote in court today after her discussion with the judge and Ashton.  The judge said she needed to clarify what exactly they were challenging , if not the use of the science.  She spelled it out..they are going after the interpretation of the findings..she whipped that out quickly and Baez signed it..she handed it to the judge.  Ashton now has until Tuesday to refute that..if he hasn't already done so.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: March 04, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »

I think this is the motion that Simms wrote in court today after her discussion with the judge and Ashton.  The judge said she needed to clarify what exactly they were challenging , if not the use of the science.  She spelled it out..they are going after the interpretation of the findings..she whipped that out quickly and Baez signed it..she handed it to the judge.  Ashton now has until Tuesday to refute that..if he hasn't already done so.

I maybe reading this wrong but I don't interpret it to read they are challenging any part of it. It to me sounds as if the agree to allow it all.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »

Yes, they are challenging the "interpenetration. I missed that someway. Now that should be really interesting as all the experts in this work at ORNL or the Body Farm.  Do we have any idea who they plan to use to challenge it?

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »

I swear, I need to go to bed - I really can spell interpretation. geesh.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: March 04, 2011, 11:20:33 PM »

its called fatigue!! we all have that syndrome yesterday and today. I have been bouncing I mean limping in and out of bed !!!
if this link has been posted please disregard.

http://www.drlillianglass.com

Body Language and Communication Wise Jose Baez Wins Over the Prosecution Team With His Apology

Before I begin, I must say that both Jose Baez and Linda Drane Burdick have done an outstanding job in terms of presentation to the court and questioning their witnesses.

Linda Drane Burdick is truly a seasoned professional. She is a pleasure to watch as an attorney. She is articulate, well spoken, has great delivery , a well modulated and controlled voice pattern that makes her easy to listen to and presents herself with the utmost class and decorum. There is no doubt that if you were going to be represented by someone you would feel extremely confident having her as your attorney.

Loca
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: March 04, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »

Yes, they are challenging the "interpenetration. I missed that someway. Now that should be really interesting as all the experts in this work at ORNL or the Body Farm.  Do we have any idea who they plan to use to challenge it?

Simms will be handling the questioning of those witnesses..and I am thinking that the defense expert witnesses will be the ones we just got the depos on..Dr Bock, and friends.

Ashton had brought that up in court that he had not seen those depos, nor the judge and Baez said he would give them to the court later today.  So I think the defense  have a lousy set of expert witnesses in this field..just my opinion though.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »

Hugs, Magic   

ITA..Baez is a total fool..I don't think he understands, or even tries to understand, the science behind any of this..that is why Baez  acts like the class clown..to try to hide his ignorance.   

Me too !! I  was so disappointed and highly pissed. I think he let him off so easy! I dont think baez learnt anything. If this case doesnt get him disbarred there will be one in the future that will. You cannot teach old dogs new tricks!  he isnt old but his tactics are. In other dealing with other cases/prosecuters he has handled himself the same as he has with the LE and prosecution.  that will never change. he will continue to bully/insult and push the issue.

when this trial is over and casey gets convicted I am going to call into the JVM show and  tactfully give her a piece of my mind!! victory is ahead.

Loca
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »

its called fatigue!! we all have that syndrome yesterday and today. I have been bouncing I mean limping in and out of bed !!!
if this link has been posted please disregard.

http://www.drlillianglass.com

Body Language and Communication Wise Jose Baez Wins Over the Prosecution Team With His Apology

Before I begin, I must say that both Jose Baez and Linda Drane Burdick have done an outstanding job in terms of presentation to the court and questioning their witnesses.

Linda Drane Burdick is truly a seasoned professional. She is a pleasure to watch as an attorney. She is articulate, well spoken, has great delivery , a well modulated and controlled voice pattern that makes her easy to listen to and presents herself with the utmost class and decorum. There is no doubt that if you were going to be represented by someone you would feel extremely confident having her as your attorney.

I can't read Glass as her site freezes my old computer every time. But with her head line Wise Baez wins over prosecution with his apology is BS. IMO  the next line that he did a good in court is another.  He can't ask a straight forward question that makes any sense.  I found most of it all returned back to him and his ability as a lawyer. It was me, me, me and I, I, I.  Like how he had to clarify that Lee had been talking with Dominic Casey about becoming a PI.  had nothing to do with him.  Maybe I am naive but who even gave it a thought that  Baez was helping Lee become a PI. 

I felt the last 3 days was a waste of everyone's time and the tax payers money. I got the feeling most of it was just to grind an axe at LE and the prosecution. Nothing more.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: March 05, 2011, 01:30:21 AM »

The only defense "expert" (and I use that term loosely) so far is Dr. Huntington.
The rest of them are a just like the duhfense.....argumentative, ditzy and dizzy.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.