April 18, 2024, 01:17:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mexico Angry? Border Improved? Huh?  (Read 1856 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »

U.S.-Mexico relations are at boiling point as both nations prepare for an Obama-Calderón summit meeting in Washington on Wednesday and Thursday that would include conversations on controversial issues such as Mexico's drug war, diplomatic cable leaks, the influx of U.S. arms and a wave of anti-immigration initiatives in the United States.

These issues are all taking a toll on the border nations relationship that had shown steady improvement in the recent years.

Huh?  Increasing border violence, human trafficking, and drugs, are an improvement? 

And Mexicans have been angered at tough measures to crack down on illegal immigration in several U.S. states. They are especially alarmed about proposals that aim to deny citizenship to children of undocumented migrants born in the United States.

Two days before Calderón's visit, Mexico's Senate urged him to "express emphatically and categorically" Mexico's opposition to such measures in his meeting with Obama.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2011/03/02/obama-calderon-meet-amid-tensions-immigration-drugs/#ixzz1FUfgeWPa

Why isn't Mexico welcoming all these 'immigrant/illegal aliens' home?  Welcoming home their children?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »

With President Obama set to meet with Mexican President Felipe Caldéron tomorrow in Washington, I sat down with the Honorable James Jones to discuss U.S.-Mexico relations. Jim served as U.S. ambassador to Mexico from 1993 to 1997. He was also a seven-term member of Congress from Oklahoma. We discussed what is likely to be on the agenda when Obama and Caldéron meet, the prospects for curtailing the flow of guns from the United States into Mexico, and whether the U.S. Joint Forces Command got it right in 2008 when it named Mexico as one of two countries—along with Pakistan—that could become a failed state.

So far the sudden summit has attracted little news coverage north of the border, which is a shame given the importance of the U.S.-Mexico relationship. The Americas Society offers a brief synopsis of the background events shaping the summit. Mexican officials have captured the man they say runs the drug gang that is accused of killing a U.S. border agent. The gun used to kill the agent and wound his partner has been traced back to Texas. Meanwhile drug-related violence continues in Mexico. Over the weekend fourteen men were killed in shootings along the U.S.-Mexico border, and another fourteen people were killed in attacks along Mexico’s Pacific coast.

read more here - http://blogs.cfr.org/lindsay/2011/03/01/the-obama-calderon-sudden-summit/

Why isn't there a warning for spring break?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »

Why haven't they started on "The Great Wall of The Southern Border" - America's greatest public works project, second only to "The Great Wall of China"...

Both walls built to deter invading hordes?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »

"China has a 'Great Wall' and America can't fall behind...we need one too, or America's children won't be able to compete..."

(Why can't they compete?  Death due to violence?  Illegal aliens?  Gangs?)

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »

More and more of the country's affluent are silently packing their bags and either moving to the U.S. or preparing to move by buying homes on the U.S. side.

Most high-level Mexican officials and military and police officers lack credibility with Mexican citizens. In Chihuahua, after the daytime murders of Juarez residents, government officials have tried their best to cast doubt or discredit the victims by trying to make them appear complicit with the cartels, rather than just the innocent victims they were.

While the U.S. has been mainly silent regarding the 60 deaths of US citizens at the hands of drug cartels in 2010 and the 79 deaths in 2009, the attack of the two ICE agents hit home with the U.S. federal government -- unlike the murders of an elderly missionary wife, the husband on a jet ski or kids from El Paso visiting family in Juarez, to name a few.

http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal/2011/02/the_us_government_should_see_every_ameri.html

Maybe these families are coming to the U.S. legally?  Get special VISA's from the White House?  Holder?  DHS?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »

In preparation for today's talks, the Obama administration on Wednesday also sent Congress a request for $10 billion in funding for programs to reduce U.S. drug consumption, long blamed by Mexican authorities for fueling the violence.

“At some point it becomes deeply frustrating on both sides,” said Eric Olson, a security analyst at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington D.C., where Calderón also will meet today with select members of the public. “A lot of us are scratching our heads and asking what is going on. Things were going so well.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Mexican-President-Calder-n-to-meet-with-Obama-1039108.php#ixzz1FUxFF1Ae

Maybe cut off the supply of food stamp and other welfare money traded for drugs?  How can there be so many drug addicts in the US?

It seems like the violence since is worse since Obama took office, and rises when he starts dispensing his Obamacash to the masses...

Increase food stamps, increase drug sales.

Increase cash benefits, increase drug sales...

Where does it end?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.