March 28, 2024, 11:28:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Million Dollar Green Card" - Scams?  (Read 2219 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 03, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »

Scams in a "Million Dollar Green Card" program?

The Queens district attorney charged that the family, which owns a race-car repair company in Long Island City, Queens, received US$1.5 million from 10 victims in connection with this element of the scheme.

He further charged that the family laundered checks through 11 bank accounts, eight of them in Shantal Ramsundar’s name.

In theimmigration component of the alleged scam, Brown said that the family convinced their victims that Ramsundar, as an immigration agent, could help them obtain legal status in the United States and erase their names from deportation rolls and terrorist watch lists.

read more here - http://www.csmenetwork.com/2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7156:trinidad-three-charged-in-us-million-dollar-green-card-scam&catid=37:general&Itemid=154

I wonder how many of the scammers really get the green card?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:57:05 AM »

Here are the requirements -

In order to qualify for an EB5 visa the applicant must establish and engage in a new commercial enterprise by investing $1,000,000 in that enterprise, and create ten new full-time jobs for United States workers. In certain circumstances the required investment may be increased to as much as $3,000,000, or decreased to as little as $500,000, depending on the economic climate of the area in which the new business will operate.

Only active investments will qualify an alien in the EB5 category. Passive investments such as ownership of real estate or stocks will not qualify, even if the job creation criteria was somehow satisfied. Not only must the investment be active but it also must be invested in a new business; and it must create 10 new full-time jobs for United States workers. The purpose of this requirement is to ensure that an alien is not just "buying" lawful permanent resident status, but is actually creating something that will benefit the country.

If the above criteria can be satisfied, a conditional green card will be issued to the applicant and immediate family members for a two year period. At the end of the two year period, an application must be made to the USCIS for an unconditional green card. This application will be approved provided it is established that the business is still operational under the same ownership and that there are still at least 10 U.S. workers employed full-time by the business.

read more here - http://www.usimmigrationlaw.net/green-card-entrepreneur-investor.htm

What are the chances that anyone fails the 'test' after two years?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

January 11, 2011: More news about the ‘million dollar green card’ programme

The USCIS has released a Power Point version of the presentation made at its December 16, 2010 ‘stakeholder’ meeting regarding the EB-5 immigrant visa. Among the interesting bits of information is that British-born applicants are the third largest nationality group in the EB-5 category.  However, they accounted for just 7% of the EB-5 visas issued during the 2010 fiscal year; 41% went to persons chargeable to Mainland China, and 16% to persons chargeable to Korea. 

read more here - http://www.usvisalawyers.co.uk/whatsnew.htm

power point here - http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach/Upcoming%20National%20Events/eb-5-dec-16-2010-present.pdf

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:02:50 AM »

I recall reading earlier that scammers had set up office to show show folks how to use say $200,000 over and over to create the illusion of having one million to invest.  Also, it was being promoted that families would have access to all the education, welfare, and other benefits.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.