April 27, 2024, 04:21:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #184 3/07/11 - 3/18/11  (Read 168123 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/03/casey-anthony-trial-is-gigantic-deal-for-hln-boss-says.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
Casey Anthony: Trial is ‘gigantic deal’ for HLN, boss says
Caylee and Casey Anthony, HLN, In Session, Orlando, truTV — posted by halboedeker on March, 9 2011 1:03 PM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »

<<<<<snipped

There is a reason Mason joined Casey's defense team. He was against her in the beginning. Several people jumped onto Casey's bandwagon. I think it's bc
the Prosecution was going after murder 1 instead of looking at it from an accidental death perspective. Iow, not an open mind...I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt the case in the long run. Everything Casey did after the fact makes her appear sooo guilty of something much harsher than an accidental death. I've said since the beginning it's gonna come down to the science, I still feel that way.

When I read that the QC guy is 95% sure about the tape samples coming from the same batch, I am reminded of the % of shared dna found in LA in regards to OJ's trial. It's what not only saved his life, it kept him out of jail altogether for Nicole & Ron's murders. He is guilty for those murders, but the jurors didn't know the science behind all the studies. It helped to acquit him. I hope the same injustice doesn't play out in this case.

It scares me.

None of it scares me & this is NOTHING like the OJ case. They stacked the jury with black OJ admirers and they are not going to get a jury of young adult baby murderers.

People are much smarter than most give them credit for when they sit on a jury. I have been on a jury where the most uneducated there was the most intelligent in the ways of the world which helped convict a criminal. 

I find this case very interesting because of the forensic evidence & trust me on this, none of it will be proved incorrect. If I were bozo, I would be BEGGING for some type of deal before court. He was too stupid to do it when it should have been done, and now the state may not even consider it. Him & Mason are not going to do anything but cost the state a LOT of money and then lose, so the smart thing to do would be BEG for a deal quickly. The longer it goes on, the less likely the state is to make a deal. The only reason they would deal would be to save the taxpayers the expense of the trial.

Gosh Turbo, I hope you're right. Also, I wasn't downplaying jurors' intelligence, don't want anyone to think that. It's just that most people space out when talking about plant life, microorganisms, dna, genetics, alleles, larvae and the different types, their life span in stages, etc. Ie: when most people think of maggots or flies on meat, they think of a hamburger thrown into the trash on a hot day. Those same people may not think that there's truly a difference with certain flies that only feed off of cadaver. Those same people will tend to think it could have been the pizza box if the pizza had pepperoni or sausage on it, and they would be wrong in that way of thinking.

When I compared this to the OJ trial, it's not to compare the crime or the jury pool - it was to compare the science & the methods behind the science.

I have a feeling the air test that showed chloroform in the trunk will be deemed inadmissable bc it's a new test not used by anyone else.

Again, this case is interesting to me not just bc of the dynamics surrounding Caylee's death - which the most important part of this all is CAYLEE - but bc it's case law in the making. We are witnessing history. It sucks the circumstances, and surely Casey should be sentenced, but the whole process is still interesting nonetheless.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »

<<<<<snipped

There is a reason Mason joined Casey's defense team. He was against her in the beginning. Several people jumped onto Casey's bandwagon. I think it's bc
the Prosecution was going after murder 1 instead of looking at it from an accidental death perspective. Iow, not an open mind...I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt the case in the long run. Everything Casey did after the fact makes her appear sooo guilty of something much harsher than an accidental death. I've said since the beginning it's gonna come down to the science, I still feel that way.

When I read that the QC guy is 95% sure about the tape samples coming from the same batch, I am reminded of the % of shared dna found in LA in regards to OJ's trial. It's what not only saved his life, it kept him out of jail altogether for Nicole & Ron's murders. He is guilty for those murders, but the jurors didn't know the science behind all the studies. It helped to acquit him. I hope the same injustice doesn't play out in this case.

It scares me.

None of it scares me & this is NOTHING like the OJ case. They stacked the jury with black OJ admirers and they are not going to get a jury of young adult baby murderers.

People are much smarter than most give them credit for when they sit on a jury. I have been on a jury where the most uneducated there was the most intelligent in the ways of the world which helped convict a criminal. 

I find this case very interesting because of the forensic evidence & trust me on this, none of it will be proved incorrect. If I were bozo, I would be BEGGING for some type of deal before court. He was too stupid to do it when it should have been done, and now the state may not even consider it. Him & Mason are not going to do anything but cost the state a LOT of money and then lose, so the smart thing to do would be BEG for a deal quickly. The longer it goes on, the less likely the state is to make a deal. The only reason they would deal would be to save the taxpayers the expense of the trial.

Gosh Turbo, I hope you're right. Also, I wasn't downplaying jurors' intelligence, don't want anyone to think that. It's just that most people space out when talking about plant life, microorganisms, dna, genetics, alleles, larvae and the different types, their life span in stages, etc. Ie: when most people think of maggots or flies on meat, they think of a hamburger thrown into the trash on a hot day. Those same people may not think that there's truly a difference with certain flies that only feed off of cadaver. Those same people will tend to think it could have been the pizza box if the pizza had pepperoni or sausage on it, and they would be wrong in that way of thinking.

When I compared this to the OJ trial, it's not to compare the crime or the jury pool - it was to compare the science & the methods behind the science.

I have a feeling the air test that showed chloroform in the trunk will be deemed inadmissable bc it's a new test not used by anyone else.

Again, this case is interesting to me not just bc of the dynamics surrounding Caylee's death - which the most important part of this all is CAYLEE - but bc it's case law in the making. We are witnessing history. It sucks the circumstances, and surely Casey should be sentenced, but the whole process is still interesting nonetheless.

OJ's trial was more than 15 years ago. Science has grown in leaps and bounds in that amount of time and I think the general public has a much clearer understanding than they did in 1995. JMHO
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:56 PM »

Seeme remembers everything.  

Not everything, but thanks Trimm! I do try my darndest though

That was awesome Seeme - I only remembered the duct tape in the deposition from one her friends. Now you posted that I also remember that but for some reason that totally escaped my memory bank. I do remember the tape at one of the money grubbing events matching that on Caylee. Isn't that the pits? They used the same tape to collect money in her name that was used to kill her.

ITA..they have no common sense or decency not a drop off it between them all.   

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
03/09/2011           Notice of Filing
Original Transcript
03/09/2011           Notice of Filing
Original Transcript
03/09/2011           Deposition
of Adriana Acevedo
03/09/2011           Deposition
of Appling Wells

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »

I've always been confused regarding the duct tape.
So does it match the rolls at the A's or not?
I remember it was said that casey "borrowed" a roll from Amy and never returned it, but never heard that the cuct tape on Caylee matched that roll.

NO way will she take the stand although what a treat that would be.

Curly, if I recall, there was also interest in duct tape that was used on the posters of Caylee.  I can't remember what that was all about . . . but I do remember there was much ado about it.

There were missing children posters hung @ the command center with the same Henkel duct tape found on Caylee's skull. The tape KC borrowed from amy was gaff tape, used on movie/production sets. There was no gaff tape found @ the crime scene or the home on Hopespring Drive to my knowledge.

The tape on Caylee's skull & George's gas can were both Henkel brand.

Thanks, seeme.

That is correct, which indicates that one of the Anthony's took it from their home & used it on the "missing" poster.   There is footage of it, one of Kathi Belich's reports with WFTV.

LOL Cappy, good minds think alike and all that good stuff...

Again, though, the FBI specifically stated the gas can tape and the tape on Caylee's skull were not from the same batch. They were both Henkel brand, though.

Yes, but a correlation of the same batch that was used on Caylee's skull & the missing posters would be just as significant, correct?   The difference in two rolls could merely be the same rare Henckel duct tape bought at the same time but were of different lots of manufacturing within a relatively short time frame, I would think.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »

I went back through some of my old online notes. I just lerrrrrve me some Valhall! Check it out...warning - long post but very interesting...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4241148&postcount=100
Duct tape on the gas can as well as metal bracket

Here's the pic from that post:

One of Val's posts on WS from 10-14-2009:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4284839&postcount=529

Quote:
I hope to goodness the SA has been able to obtain a roll of the Henkel 200F tape. And I hope to goodness they have contacted the body farm and requested they try to simulate a test on a cadaver. They have plenty of time to get a test completed over the same amount of time and similar conditions in order to present for comparison in the trial....to show that the adhesive would go away - in short order, and then the cotton would go away - in short order.

They really need to do this so they can put a smack-down on the defense's (albeit lame) attempt to emphasize a nonissue - that of the "microscopic differences" between the tape on the remains and the tape on the gas can. They, of course, can address this with a Henkel representative stating they never made this tape without cotton in the warp and then scientific experts on degradation of natural rubber and cotton - but showing hard physical results would go a lot further for a jury than having multiple talking heads address this issue.

I just love Valhall & so glad she started her own blog! I shoulda never had any doubt! Another post of her's at WS:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4288080&postcount=535

Quote:
No problem (and thanks for the kind words). Bein's I spent 16 years designing things - drawing up procurement specs, manufacturing specs and final product QA/QC specs, it didn't take long to recognize what I was looking at. Henkel did the right thing in that they produced all specifications they had made the tape under while under their brand name. If there had been 20 revisions under Henkel, I guess they would have provided all them (which would be the right thing to do).

Looking at the two specs what appears to have happened is that Henkel had the duct tape tested to various standards (as listed in the comments section) and then branded it as such once they had obtained qualifications under those testing standards in Revision 2. The tape was already listed as "good to 200F" in Revision 1, but it had not been tested to prove that out according to the various standards. So they got that done and modified the look of the tape to denote the certification. Since the testing did not change the "form, fit or function" of the tape, they did not start a new part number, just revised the specs on the existing part number to denote the certification. (Personally, I would have started a new part number, but that's just engineering preference.)

So, having delved into this tape info all over again as my mind was rusty from a couple years ago, I'm thinking that it'll come down to the duct tape wrapped around Caylee's skull. Kinda hard to get past that anyway, right? Basically, even if some of the science regarding chloroform results is deemed inadmissable (big if ok), it would certainly be hard for a juror to not consider the Henkel duct tape...especially considering it was manufactured up North - the tape on the skull as well as the tape on the can. Or do I have that wrong?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »

<<<<<snipped

It scares me.

I agree with Turbo with every ounce of my being, for whatever that is worth.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »

<<<<<snipped

It scares me.

I agree with Turbo with every ounce of my being, for whatever that is worth.

I wub yous guys... Thank you.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ga-court-of-appeals/1401864.html

You guys may have already posted this but here is the link to the case that the Judge was asking Mason about.  STATE v. PARKS

I think that says it all..........."Custody does not occur because questioning takes place in a building containing jail cells.   Custody does not occur because a person is interrogated as the prime suspect in a crime.   In addition, custody does not necessarily occur even when police question a suspect after having established probable cause for arrest and with the secret intention of charging the suspect at a future time.
The fact that this is the case that the judge referred to before Mason even got started says a lot to me.  He'd already studied up on the law in the motion and was no one's fool while Mason was droning on and on. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »

love Judge Perry...

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ga-court-of-appeals/1401864.html

You guys may have already posted this but here is the link to the case that the Judge was asking Mason about.  STATE v. PARKS

I think that says it all..........."Custody does not occur because questioning takes place in a building containing jail cells.   Custody does not occur because a person is interrogated as the prime suspect in a crime.   In addition, custody does not necessarily occur even when police question a suspect after having established probable cause for arrest and with the secret intention of charging the suspect at a future time.
The fact that this is the case that the judge referred to before Mason even got started says a lot to me.  He'd already studied up on the law in the motion and was no one's fool while Mason was droning on and on. 

Kitty, you got that right!  The fact that Mason had the gaul to tell a Chief Justice he was wrong on case law & to implore him to read is just further proof that a) Cheney has no respect b) he is fully aware he is blowing hot air.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

Our sweet girl.

Casey - any one of us would have taken her and raised her. 

So true, in a heartbeat!

I keep saying the same thing.  Now that I have heard LE say that Casey said her Mom was trying to get Caylee from her, I now think I know what her thinking was, if I don't want her, my Mom would be next in line to get her.  She was not thinking about all the people who would raise Caylee, she wanted to take Caylee away from Cindy.  She did not want Cindy to have Caylee and that is why she killed her.  She was afraid that Cindy would get Caylee and she hated Cindy so much, she did not want Cindy to have the one person in Cindy's life, that made her life worth living.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/caseyupdates?sk=wall
Casey Anthony Updates
Mark your calendar... we've been told to expect the release of more evidence on Friday.
27 minutes ago · Like · Comment

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
03/09/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-16275    SCOTT RATES    (244.99)

He is from WKMG

~ Peter Frampton
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »

Seeme remembers everything.  

Not everything, but thanks Trimm! I do try my darndest though

That was awesome Seeme - I only remembered the duct tape in the deposition from one her friends. Now you posted that I also remember that but for some reason that totally escaped my memory bank. I do remember the tape at one of the money grubbing events matching that on Caylee. Isn't that the pits? They used the same tape to collect money in her name that was used to kill her.

ITA..they have no common sense or decency not a drop off it between them all.   

Yes, there were posters at the "kidfinders" tents hung up with "Henkel" duct tape....George admitted he used duct tape from his house for that purpose. Kathi Belich from wftv while reviewing video from the public events/meet and greet's the A's had, she noticed the "Henkel" insignia on the tape and turned video over to LE.
There were 4 pieces of Henkel tapes found at the crime scene, 3 of which were on Caylee's little skull. The 4th piece I can't recall exactly where it was located, but was either with her remains or in close proximity.
Of course we have the Henkel duct tape on George's gas can. When LE photographed the gas can in August 2008, LE had no idea the tape would eventually be key evidence. Caylee's remains were not found for 4 more months, and had no idea she would be found with duct tape on her, let alone a "rare" brand/type.
The gas cans in August were only important because of them being in KC's car trunk close to the the time of her death, with possible evidence of decomp on them.
There's no doubt in my mind the Henkel brand duct tape found on little Caylee came from the Anthony home.

Val's articles at thehinkymeter.com are the best at getting to the facts in this case, especially the duct tape.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/02/08/will-duct-tape-be-caseys-sticking-point-95-shurity/

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2009/11/05/will-duct-tape-be-caseys-sticking-point-part-3/

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/10/the-anthony-encycliepedia-george-and-the-gas-can/

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »

Casey Anthony Updates
Mark your calendar... we've been told to expect the release of more evidence on Friday.

Thanks Trimm.......my brain is fried right now......
I am only thru 20 of 27 parts of last week's 3 days of hearings. I guess I better hurry up and finish before the next round of insanity!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »

Casey Anthony Updates

Thanks Trimm.......my brain is fried right now......
I am only thru 20 of 27 parts of last week's 3 days of hearings. I guess I better hurry up and finish before the next round of insanity!

Not to mention eye strain. 

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: March 09, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »

Casey Anthony Updates
http://www.facebook.com/caseyupdates

No reports of same in any of the local papers yet

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #279 on: March 09, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »

On the 31st day of the trial I want one of the prosecutors to say to the jurors...."you have been here listening to testimony, for 31 days......the same number of days, her mother, Casey Anthony waited to report her 2 year old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony missing".
Except KC didn't even report it....EVER!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.