April 28, 2024, 01:22:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #184 3/07/11 - 3/18/11  (Read 168137 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: March 17, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/27228533/detail.html
Judge: Casey's Trial Still Set For May, Despite Concerns
Clerk Raises Funding Concerns About Jury Sequestration
POSTED: 1:38 pm EDT March 17, 2011
UPDATED: 1:49 pm EDT March 17, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry says he still plans to start Casey Anthony's murder trial on May 9, despite funding concerns from court officials.

Opening statements in Anthony's murder trial are scheduled to begin May 16 at the Orange County Courthouse.
 ::snipping2::

oh lordie
ok I hope muffy can delete mine! since you posted first.

Loca
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: March 17, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/march/219907/Casey-Anthony-case-in-jeopardy-due-to-budget-woes
Casey Anthony case in jeopardy due to budget woes?
By Adam Longo and Jacqueline Fell, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:26 PM
Taxpayers, get ready to pay up.

Not only is Casey Anthony's trial expected to be one of the biggest in Orange County, it's looking like it'll be one of the most expensive as well.

News 13 is reviewing an expense report put out by court officials.

I have said at least to myself, that because of budgets in states, or should I say lack of budgets in states that the state of Florida is going to have a very difficult time with the cost of this trial, and have felt a deal will be made. Probably wrong about that.

I remember at the last hearing, Judge Perry stated that he was going to Tallahassee the next week to work on getting money. He said it wasn't a pleasant task, but it was a necessary one, or something to that effect.

I wonder if it had anything to do with this case or just the Ninth Judicial court in general.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: March 17, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »

Klaas, Muffy, Nut, somebody - Please could someone edit my post #837? I said the article captioned Eric James Baker but I must have had James on my mind - they captioned Eric J. Baker. I bolded it. Please could you fix James to J.? Sorry but I only want to be thorough and not misleading. Many thanks to you!

I've edited it, but check it to be sure it's okay.  MB
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:45:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »

Hi suzyinpgh, Gizmo, trimmonthelake, TURBOTHINK, no rose colored glasses and 16 Guests!

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: March 17, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »

Muffy, I just wanted to say Thank You! Have a great day!

YW.  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:47:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #845 on: March 17, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/march/219907/Casey-Anthony-case-in-jeopardy-due-to-budget-woes

Not only is Casey Anthony's trial expected to be one of the biggest in Orange County, it's looking like it'll be one of the most expensive as well.

I have said at least to myself, that because of budgets in states, or should I say lack of budgets in states that the state of Florida is going to have a very difficult time with the cost of this trial, and have felt a deal will be made. Probably wrong about that.

I remember at the last hearing, Judge Perry stated that he was going to Tallahassee the next week to work on getting money. He said it wasn't a pleasant task, but it was a necessary one, or something to that effect.

I wonder if it had anything to do with this case or just the Ninth Judicial court in general.
I don't know Brandi, but my thoughts are there probably are pressures on the State to maybe work out a deal, guess we will all wait and see what happens.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: March 17, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »

I don't know Brandi, but my thoughts are there probably are pressures on the State to maybe work out a deal, guess we will all wait and see what happens.

This is what makes me so mad. Maybe there's more to the supposed "bad pictures" and the defense males fell head over heels with her mouth. I just don't get it. You don't see 'em bustin' down the doors to represent misty Croslin. Nope. Misty's a scumbag, just like most of those she's surrounded herself with, grown up with. But literally, what distinguishes Casey from people like Misty? It's as if she's got this special mating scent that reels 'em in. She's like a Timex that keeps on trickin', I mean tinklin', I mean tickin'. So now what's gonna happen if the State runs out of money? Do they pull federal money? It's a capital case, so shouldn't the state be able to get funding from the fed? How does that work?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: March 17, 2011, 03:11:30 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27227384/detail.html
Clerk: Funding For Anthony Trial In 'Serious Jeopardy'
Judge Says Clerk's Statements Are Premature
POSTED: Thursday, March 17, 2011
UPDATED: 1:05 pm EDT March 17, 2011

A spokeswoman for Perry's court said Gardner's statements are premature given that the legislative session just began. She said the trial is moving forward as scheduled and there has been no continuation.

O heck to the no...politics has no business whatsoever effecting the outcome of a fair trial of a murder being heard & decided.   I was just about ready to hit the roof, but I will pause now.    The State does NOT have to feel "pressured" to take a deal, that is not what the foundation of our judicial branch was based on.   If anything, the defense should have been made to not throw away any funding they had initially to defend their client.    I do not see this happening, if it does there will be outrage beyond any politician's wild imagination.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: March 17, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »

Courts Clerk Lydia Gardner says cuts to her budget could put trial in jeopardy, but senator says she is misinformed~ From same link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-jeopardy-20110317,0,6609794.story

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Gabe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #849 on: March 17, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »

an angelic monkey GO CAPP LOVE YOU!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: March 17, 2011, 03:14:18 PM »

Courts Clerk Lydia Gardner says cuts to her budget could put trial in jeopardy, but senator says she is misinformed~ From same link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-jeopardy-20110317,0,6609794.story

She should be fired for being that stupid

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: March 17, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27227632/detail.html
Key Ruling Expected In Casey Case
Perry Expected To Rule On Evidence Motion
POSTED: 12:39 pm EDT March 17, 2011
UPDATED: 12:46 pm EDT March 17, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A key ruling is expected in the case against Casey Anthony.

Judge Belvin Perry is expected to decide whether to toss out evidence collected by prosectutors.

This is the "Breaking News" Im focused on....bring it on CJBP 

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: March 17, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »

A spokeswoman for Perry's court said Gardner's statements are premature given that the legislative session just began. She said the trial is moving forward as scheduled and there has been no continuation.

O heck to the no...politics has no business whatsoever effecting the outcome of a fair trial of a murder being heard & decided.   I was just about ready to hit the roof, but I will pause now.    The State does NOT have to feel "pressured" to take a deal, that is not what the foundation of our judicial branch was based on.   If anything, the defense should have been made to not throw away any funding they had initially to defend their client.    I do not see this happening, if it does there will be outrage beyond any politician's wild imagination.

Capp, how normal is it for a clerk to announce funding issues? I'm wondering if she could face some type of reprimand.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: March 17, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »

an angelic monkey GO CAPP LOVE YOU!

Awws 

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »

She should be fired for being that stupid

That's actually what I'm wondering. I think she should be reprimanded for causing public panic. Actually, forget the public aspects of it all, is it part of her job description to make such announcements without being told to do so?
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: March 17, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27227632/detail.html
Key Ruling Expected In Casey Case
Perry Expected To Rule On Evidence Motion
POSTED: 12:39 pm EDT March 17, 2011
UPDATED: 12:46 pm EDT March 17, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A key ruling is expected in the case against Casey Anthony.

Judge Belvin Perry is expected to decide whether to toss out evidence collected by prosectutors.

Yeah, but when?
Today would be perfect because Casey loves St. Paddy's Day.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: March 17, 2011, 03:25:38 PM »

Capp, how normal is it for a clerk to announce funding issues? I'm wondering if she could face some type of reprimand.

IMHO, it should have never left her lips, if I was in that hiring/firing position she'd be OUTTA THERE!   She is in a position that she should have verified the facts with her employ & made sure what may or may not have been appropriate to make by way of a public statement.    Im sure she's getting an earful, not sure to what extent of a reprimand is warranted.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: March 17, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2011/03/lydia-gardner-says-casey-anthony-trial-could-be-canceled-or-suspended-if-her-office-doesnt-get-more-money.html
Lydia Gardner says Casey Anthony trial could be ‘canceled or suspended’ if her office doesn’t get more money
Uncategorized — posted by bshaw on March, 17 2011 2:46 PM
Our funding for the Casey Anthony trial is in serious jeopardy at this time,” said Gardner said in a statement.  “The Florida Senate has proposed a 5 percent cut to our budget in the 4th quarter, just as the Anthony trial is scheduled to begin. I have informed both the Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court as well as Chief Judge Belvin Perry of these dire circumstances. If the Senate proposal goes through the trial is in jeopardy of being canceled or suspended.”

Gardner has complained of budget cuts for the past two year; she had to cut her staff by 107 employees in 2009, and she and Orange County judges have wrangled over who ought to be responsible for routine filing procedures.

But threatening to delay the Anthony trial– the most high-profile Central Florida criminal proceeding in years — is kind of like the U.S. government threatening to close the Washington Monument.

Stay tuned.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: March 17, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »

Okay, I am going to address this again.  It is probably nothing, but I did mention it before and nobody commented.  I tend to get caught up in things that are not important and then post right before something big happens, so that probably means that Judge Perry will have an announcement about 5 minutes after I post  LOL.

Anyway, the guy that worked with  Mark Hawkins was from the Sexual Assault unit.  I tried cutting and pasting, but can't get it to work it is from page 6 out of 15 from the info on Mark Hawkins from the last doc dump.  So, MH said they did not have a sexual relationship.  Is it possible that there was an admitted sexual assault(not even guessing which party was the perp).  Is it possible that Caylee was conceived in that manner?  Or........may Casey have CLAIMED that to her team and we do not know that??????????

Akmom~ I'm really interested also about MH's involvement. The idea of kc claiming rape wouldn't surprise me and neither would it surprise me that she was the aggressor  She says anything when she feels pressure, so if the heat was on about who the father was, she may have just thought the guy the furthest away and thrown in a rape claim for good measure.

Here you go:

Thank you, Brandi!  I tried and tried, I am still learning how to "drive" my new netbook.  There has to be some reason he was working with the Sex Assault guy on this.  No doubt Baez is dumb enough to to have to troll here for ideas, but surely some smart law clerk could have pointed that out to him if necessary...LOL

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: March 17, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2011/03/lydia-gardner-says-casey-anthony-trial-could-be-canceled-or-suspended-if-her-office-doesnt-get-more-money.html
Lydia Gardner says Casey Anthony trial could be ‘canceled or suspended’ if her office doesn’t get more money
Uncategorized — posted by bshaw on March, 17 2011 2:46 PM
Our funding for the Casey Anthony trial is in serious jeopardy at this time,” said Gardner said in a statement.  “The Florida Senate has proposed a 5 percent cut to our budget in the 4th quarter, just as the Anthony trial is scheduled to begin. I have informed both the Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court as well as Chief Judge Belvin Perry of these dire circumstances. If the Senate proposal goes through the trial is in jeopardy of being canceled or suspended.”

Gardner has complained of budget cuts for the past two year; she had to cut her staff by 107 employees in 2009, and she and Orange County judges have wrangled over who ought to be responsible for routine filing procedures.

But threatening to delay the Anthony trial– the most high-profile Central Florida criminal proceeding in years — is kind of like the U.S. government threatening to close the Washington Monument.

Stay tuned.

Personally, I dont care what her complaints are over budgeting...she needs to deal with the budget & her politics separate of interfering in criminal proceedings.  I'll send her a lemonade stand and she can raise funds that way.   My angst is twofold, of course this trial but with more concern that our justice system is not infringed upon working in its fully intended process.    This is all society needs to hear, criminals will have knowledge that their crimes will not be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law due to budgeting concerns...terribly disturbing.    And what next for the defense to say...release my client because she shouldnt be serving time in jail for another few years awaiting her trial? 

In my book, there are three things that should not be affected by budgeting woes well beyond dire level....prosecution of criminals to the fullest extent of the law, protection of children, education of children, isnt it a shame that all three are the first thing to get affected.   What is wrong with this picture?!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.