April 27, 2024, 11:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #184 3/07/11 - 3/18/11  (Read 168113 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: March 17, 2011, 05:09:49 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/march/219907/Casey-Anthony-case-in-jeopardy-due-to-budget-woes
Casey Anthony case in jeopardy due to budget woes?
By Adam Longo and Jacqueline Fell, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:26 PM
Taxpayers, get ready to pay up.

Not only is Casey Anthony's trial expected to be one of the biggest in Orange County, it's looking like it'll be one of the most expensive as well.

News 13 is reviewing an expense report put out by court officials.
 ::snipping2::

I have said at least to myself, that because of budgets in states, or should I say lack of budgets in states that the state of Florida is going to have a very difficult time with the cost of this trial, and have felt a deal will be made. Probably wrong about that.

I remember at the last hearing, Judge Perry stated that he was going to Tallahassee the next week to work on getting money. He said it wasn't a pleasant task, but it was a necessary one, or something to that effect.

I wonder if it had anything to do with this case or just the Ninth Judicial court in general.
I don't know Brandi, but my thoughts are there probably are pressures on the State to maybe work out a deal, guess we will all wait and see what happens.

The State would probably be willing to make a deal with Baez to plead her out..but doesn't Baez have to ask the State to consider a plea deal, them enter a plea and the State can either accept or reject?

But to me..it will be the 11th hour before Baez could make Casey understand and cooperate with a plea.  The woman has no reason in her mind at this point she believes the State and their witnesses are stupid, she has a dream team and she is going to waltz out of there on Masons arm....

Gypsy~ I agree with you about the 11th hr plea IF it happens but I don't know if I think it's kc or Baez that will be the one not wanting to do it. On one hand I believe that any unreal expectations she may have are most like due to very unreal probable outcomes proposed by Baez but on the other hand, she has such extreme narcissism that she probably believes that she will prevail and the same lies that she repeated even after being proven to be untrue, will get her out of this.
The third thing that plays in this is the celeb factor. This is the culmination of Baez' dream..the big trial, center stage, news trucks everywhere.....I don't think he'll give it up for anything. 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: March 17, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27227848/detail.html
Could Casey Anthony's Murder Trial Be Canceled?
Posted: 12:55 pm EDT March 17, 2011Updated: 4:41 pm EDT March 17, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony is the biggest trial in Orange County history, but the Clerk of Courts is trying to use it to keep her budget from being slashed. Lydia Gardner said on Thursday that budget cuts put the trial at risk of being canceled or suspended.

However, Gardner does not have the authority to cancel a trial. Now, there's a showdown brewing between Gardner and Chief Judge Belvin Perry because of the statements she made.

BBM
You tell her Judge Perry! 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: March 17, 2011, 05:14:20 PM »

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony is the biggest trial in Orange County history, but the Clerk of Courts is trying to use it to keep her budget from being slashed. Lydia Gardner said on Thursday that budget cuts put the trial at risk of being canceled or suspended.

However, Gardner does not have the authority to cancel a trial. Now, there's a showdown brewing between Gardner and Chief Judge Belvin Perry because of the statements she made.

BBM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: March 17, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »

::snipping::What would you say to someone who would accuse you of playing politics with a child death case?" WFTV reporter Jeff Deal asked Gardner.
"Anyone who knows me would know that wouldn't be in my nature," Gardner replied.

Yea, sure it isnt....you just proved my point beeotch!    My money is on CJBP & she is tetering on losing her job...hiring another responsible individual at a tad less than she's making would aid in the budgetary crisis now wouldnt it!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: March 17, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27230033/detail.html

"If the Senate proposal goes through, the trial is in jeopardy of being canceled or suspended," she said.

Fasano also said that if the state needed to suspend or cancel any trials, civil cases would be suspended first, not criminal trials like Anthony's.
Gardler's office said that the 5 percent cut she referred to was proposed by Sen. J.D. Alexander in late February. The proposal could have resulted in a loss of $1.5 million to the office, a spokesperson said in an email.

Gardner's office claims that if revenue projections fall short, clerks statewide would have to find the money through either cuts to services or staff.

"Things change rapidly during the legislative process, and we are hopeful that these issues can be resolved,'' Gardner said in a statement late Thursday.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: March 17, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »

BBM

I think he'll do just that!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: March 17, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »

Posted: 12:55 pm EDT March 17, 2011Updated: 6:00 pm EDT March 17, 2011
Chief Judge Belvin Perry, who is in Tallahassee, told WFTV her statement is premature and the courthouse administration doesn't expect a problem.

"The State vs. Casey Anthony trial is moving forward. It has not been continued," said Karen Levey, Chief of Due Process Services, Ninth Judicial Circuit Court.

But Gardner is in charge of the money to pay for jurors, and it now appears she's trying to use her leverage in the county's biggest case to tell lawmakers not to touch her budget.

"What would you say to someone who would accuse you of playing politics with a child death case?" WFTV reporter Jeff Deal asked Gardner.

"Anyone who knows me would know that wouldn't be in my nature," Gardner replied.

Gardner has had problems paying for juries before. In the summer of 2009, Orange County courts were at risk of not having jurors, because Gardner said she couldn't pay for them.

It was a $359,000 tab. She and Chief Judge Belvin Perry had to hire attorneys to sort it out.

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: March 17, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27231291/detail.html?utm_source=manual&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wesh+2+news

Casey To Lee: I Was Read My Rights

Lead Investigator Claims She Was Never Read Miranda Rights

POSTED: 5:29 pm EDT March 17, 2011
UPDATED: 6:10 pm EDT March 17, 2011

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: March 17, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »

Hello Monkeys--I think that Judge Perry can't do much about Gardner.  I think she holds an elected office.  I personally know the Clerk and Master of the court in a county near me and she is a dictator.  I only know her personally, and she's nice away from her job, but I wouldn't want to tangle with her.  I'll bet Gardner is the same.  She was, of course, using a murdered child to try to influence the state legislators. No reason to deny it because it's so transparent.  IMO that's not a decent way to proceed.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: March 17, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »

Posted: 12:55 pm EDT March 17, 2011Updated: 6:00 pm EDT March 17, 2011
Chief Judge Belvin Perry, who is in Tallahassee, told WFTV her statement is premature and the courthouse administration doesn't expect a problem.

"The State vs. Casey Anthony trial is moving forward. It has not been continued," said Karen Levey, Chief of Due Process Services, Ninth Judicial Circuit Court.

But Gardner is in charge of the money to pay for jurors, and it now appears she's trying to use her leverage in the county's biggest case to tell lawmakers not to touch her budget.

"What would you say to someone who would accuse you of playing politics with a child death case?" WFTV reporter Jeff Deal asked Gardner.

Gardner has had problems paying for juries before. In the summer of 2009, Orange County courts were at risk of not having jurors, because Gardner said she couldn't pay for them.

It was a $359,000 tab. She and Chief Judge Belvin Perry had to hire attorneys to sort it out.
BBM
I guess we wait a little bit longer, but hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: March 17, 2011, 06:22:47 PM »

Hello Monkeys--I think that Judge Perry can't do much about Gardner.  I think she holds an elected office.  I personally know the Clerk and Master of the court in a county near me and she is a dictator.  I only know her personally, and she's nice away from her job, but I wouldn't want to tangle with her.  I'll bet Gardner is the same.  She was, of course, using a murdered child to try to influence the state legislators. No reason to deny it because it's so transparent.  IMO that's not a decent way to proceed.

Nor will succeed 

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: March 17, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »

Brandi!  Perfect photo of CJBP above!  Wouldn't want to be her......

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: March 17, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »

Apparently when His Honor said "late next week" he meant really really late next week!!  Sheesh!

Hi Monks.

I'll check in again tomorrow ...

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: March 17, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27231291/detail.html?utm_source=manual&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wesh+2+news

Thanks Tupelo.   

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: March 17, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »

And what is the point to this?   She was already arrested & put in jail at this point, she sure as heck had to have had her Miranda rights given to her for the lying to LE and child neglect charges. 

If anything it only proves that at the appropriate time she was given her Miranda rights.   The issue is statements she made as a witness regarding a missing child and prior to her arrest.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: March 17, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »

Apparently when His Honor said "late next week" he meant really really late next week!!  Sheesh!

Hi Monks.

I'll check in again tomorrow ...

Im hoping its our FRIDAY  because when he first stated it in court he said "next week," well that was two weeks ago tomorrow.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: March 17, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-nelson-serrano-death-sentence-20110317,0,94304.story

Polk killer Nelson Serrano should die, Florida Supreme Court says
Nelson Ivan Serrano was sentenced to death in 2007

The court on Thursday said in a 45-page opinion that none of the issues he raised on appeal merited overturning the 72-year-old's sentence. One of those issues was that the state's case was based on circumstantial evidence.

This is one of Mason's clients.....I see this as part of Casey's appeal as well. Heck, she'll have a whole list of things I'm sure. But the end results will be the same. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: March 17, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/Gardner-Raw-0317.flv&vtitle=Orange%20County%20Clerk%20of%20Courts%20Lydia%20Gardner%20on%20Anthony%20case
VIDEO - Orange County Clerk of Courts Lydia Gardner on Anthony case

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: March 17, 2011, 06:40:08 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/03/casey-anthony-cost-warning-seen-as-alarmist-outrageous.html
Casey Anthony: Cost warning seen as ‘alarmist,’ ‘outrageous’
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on March, 17 2011 5:52 PM

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.