April 27, 2024, 04:07:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #10 3/18/11 - 4/05/11  (Read 229048 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=356876

Hailey's Relatives React to City Manager's Comments

Kampfer says he believes.... <snip>

Hi everyone, nice to be here. I just wanted to say ...Boy I think he (PK) put his foot in it, again!

gbyall,
~constance

Welcome to the cage Constance!

Last night hubby and I visited our youngest sons lifelong friend, his lovely wife and their adorable newborn baby girl.  Her beautiful name ... Olivia "Constance".  Great Grandmother "Connie" was thrilled.

Pete Kamper?  I cannot comprhend the choice of the Hailey Dunn Task Force for a media spokesperson.  Kampfer does not have what it takes for the task.  He doesn't understand.  The public does not care about his "opinions".  The public wants concrete updates.

Janet

Le did not choose PK as a spokesperson, the city did & there is a distinction, as previously discussed.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »

Capp, PK is totally ineffective.  Do you think that he can/will be changed...or is that even a possibility? 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: March 31, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »

Hi everyone, nice to be here. I just wanted to say ...Boy I think he (PK) put his foot in it, again!

gbyall,
~constance

Welcome Constance, he should just give up the mike & let LE above his local level handle this case in its entirety.  Do you go by Constance or Connie for short?

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »

Capp, PK is totally ineffective.  Do you think that he can/will be changed...or is that even a possibility? 

Yes he is & not soon enough.   In most communities that employ an city manager, it is usually at the hire of the mayor's office.  I guess it would be safe to say unless something egregious transpires or he resigns it may then come down to the next election when a new mayor may want to make changes.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #864 on: March 31, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »

http://pipl.com/search/?FirstName=david&LastName=gloria&City=&State=TX&Country=US&CategoryID=2&Interface=3

PIPL.com list's a few other David Gloria profiles.  I need to be dead sure, first, before I state who I think he the Dad. I would hate to have DD read something, that may not be true.  Poor kid.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: March 31, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »

Hailey's Relatives React

It's not something you ever want to think about," said Hailey's grandma, Patricia Trischel.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=357016

Hailey's grandma, Patricia Trischel, was visibly emotional talking about today's events.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=356996

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: March 31, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »

In one word ... "UNPROFESSIONAL"

A statement could have been provided to the official spokesperson to read ... a statement that clearly defined the updates in the Hailey Dunn case that the task force was willing to reveal.

The mixed messages received from today's press conference implies that investigators are far from putting together a case against Shawn Adkins.

Janet

++++++

The other day I email the City Manager Peter Kampfer requesting that he clarify his role with the Hailey Dunn task force.

I received the following response today.

Janet

++++++

Janet,

Mr. Kampfer is the liason person between the task force and the news media. Along with Sheriff Patrick Toombs and Chief John Bivins, he is in the loop as far as what's being released from the task force.

Carol Parsons

LOL - the only "loop" PK is in is the tie around the his neck which supports the hamster ball he calls his brain.   

Flutter

Pete Kampfer has been out of the "loop" since the getgo.

It makes sense that the words of a media spokesperson for the Hailey Dunn investigation would be informed of the facts prior to opening his mouth in a press conference.

To avoid misunderstandings ... to avoid being perceived as an idiot ... logic dictates that the Task Force (investigators) should afford Pete Kampfer a prepared statement to read.  He should also be provided prepared answers to possible media questions.  The words "I cannot comment" would suffice to all unexpected questions that he has knowledge or ... "I am sorry ... I do not know" to all other queries.

The affidavits revealed that Billie was truthful when she claimed on the January 6th Nancy Grace show when she stated that Shawn and her failed their respective polygraphs

Janet

+++++++

JANUARY 6, 2011

Billie:  We Failed

NANCY GRACE
Missing Cheerleader`s Mom and Boyfriend Failed Polygraph
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

BILLIE DUNN: ....  He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

JANUARY 7, 2011

Undermining Billie's Claim

Polygraphs Unconfirmed
January 7, 2011 - 12:29pm

In a press conference this morning, City Manager Pete Kampfer stated that polygraphs results were unconfirmed.

"It is my understanding that they (task force) did not advise whether a person passed or failed," Kampfer said.

Kampfer further stated that  not informing interviewees of the results of their polygraph tests is standard law enforcement procedure and to his knowledge, none of the people involved had been informed of the results.

<snipped>

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/polygraphs-unconfirmed

JANUARY 11, 2010

Confirmation - Affidavits

Shawn Adkins

<snipped>

On the third attempt to polygraph ADKINS he submitted to the first stage of the polygraph and the polygraph was deception indicated, meaning ADKINS failed the examination on the relevant questions of knowing the whereabouts of Hailey Dunn.

<snipped>

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

Billy Dunn

<snipped>

On the second attempt to conduct a polygraph examination of DUNN she did submit to a polygraph and the results of the examinatin was deception indicated, meaning that DUNN failed the polygraph examination on the relevant questions of participation in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

<snipped>

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

Documents Point To Mother, Boyfriend In Hailey Dunn's Disappearance
By Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 9:54 pm CST January 11, 2011
UPDATED: 2:17 pm CST January 12, 2011

<snipped>

Through the Freedom of Information Act, KTXS has received copies of affidavits that were filed by law enforcement officials for the purpose of securing search warrants to search for and seize evidence related to Hailey’s disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: March 31, 2011, 04:53:32 PM »

Hailey's Relatives React

It's not something you ever want to think about," said Hailey's grandma, Patricia Trischel.

Hailey's grandma, Patricia Trischel, was visibly emotional talking about today's events.

Hailey's grandma?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: March 31, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »

Is Pete Kampfer a self-proclaimed media liason for the Hailey Dunn investigation?

Yesterday's press conference was a joke.  If Kampfer's words are representative of what is going on within the Hailey Dunn investigation ... justice for Hailey doesn't stand a chance.

IMO

Janet

++++++

City manager assumes new duties in Colorado City teen's disappearance
Kampfer has been spokesman for task force investigating the case
Posted January 22, 2011 at 10:21 p.m.

COLORADO CITY — A daily barrage of questions from the media was not in Pete Kampfer's job description, when he hired on as city manager in Colorado City over a year ago.

But questions from reporters are the norm for Kampfer since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared almost a month ago. The case has attracted much local and national media attention, and Kampfer is the primary liaison for information in the case.

"We just want to find her in good order," Kampfer said, of Hailey, who was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about evidence and developments in the case, but the media are persistent, seeking daily updates on search efforts, evidence and possible arrests.

"I want to try and work with the media on an accurate basis on what we're doing here with the Texas Rangers and the FBI," Kampfer said.

Kampfer said his experience as an FBI special agent is helping him disseminate information.

"I understand the rules of law, and when I trained with the FBI, I learned to work with local law enforcement," Kampfer said.

Early on, Kampfer decided to take over the public information aspect of the investigation.

"I stepped in to that role to allow the chief to work the case," said Kampfer, who has worked with Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean on answering questions from the press.

<snipped>

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/22/kampfer/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: March 31, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »

gbyall,
~constance

Last night hubby and I visited our youngest sons lifelong friend, his lovely wife and their adorable newborn baby girl.  Her beautiful name ... Olivia "Constance".  Great Grandmother "Connie" was thrilled.

Pete Kamper?  I cannot comprhend the choice of the Hailey Dunn Task Force for a media spokesperson.  Kampfer does not have what it takes for the task.  He doesn't understand.  The public does not care about his "opinions".  The public wants concrete updates.

Janet

Le did not choose PK as a spokesperson, the city did & there is a distinction, as previously discussed.

Capp

Whether appointed as a liason by Colorado City or the Hailey Dunn Task Force  ... I cannot comprehend why investigators do not have a tight control over the clarity/accuracy of released information by someone who claims to be representative of what is happening within the investigation.

Something does not compute.

Janet

+++++

Kampfer Clarifies Hailey Dunn Statements, Admits Death 'Not Conclusive'
By Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 12:38 pm CDT March 30, 2011
UPDATED: 1:26 pm CDT March 30, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- City Manager Pete Kampfer on Tuesday told KTXS News – specifically for the first time – that law enforcement officials have reasons to believe that missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn is deceased.

Amid questions and protests from relatives of the missing 13-year-old, Kampfer clarified his statements Wednesday, saying his comments about Hailey being deceased were not intended to be interpreted as “conclusive.”

He said his statement that officials “have reasons to believe that Hailey is deceased” was meant to convey the same approach law enforcement has had for more than two months: The case is considered a criminal investigation – not a runaway teenager.

Nevertheless, the wording Kampfer used on Tuesday in statements to KTXS News was the first on-the-record public statement specifically acknowledging that officials believed Hailey was deceased. When asked by a KTXS reporter, he twice repeated the statement that officials “have reasons to believe that Hailey is deceased.”

The reporting of this news Wednesday morning was understandably disturbing to family members of Hailey Dunn, who have been holding onto hope that Hailey might yet be found and safely returned. The family members showed up to ask what new information prompted the statements and to protest that they need to cling to the hope that Hailey might be returned safely.

Kampfer acknowledged there was no specific breaking news Wednesday morning. Kampfer said that his statement was not intended to be interpreted as an absolute conclusion.

Kampfer said he met with the family members Wednesday to explain to them what law enforcement authorities believe to be true concerning Hailey. However, he pointed out that nothing is confirmed.

He said he told the family members that Hailey could have been kidnapped and could be held under duress – “but it’s not likely,” he said.

<snipped>

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/27372485/detail.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: March 31, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »

Is Pete Kampfer a self-proclaimed media liason for the Hailey Dunn investigation?

Yesterday's press conference was a joke.  If Kampfer's words are representative of what is going on within the Hailey Dunn investigation ... justice for Hailey doesn't stand a chance.

IMO

Janet

++++++

COLORADO CITY — A daily barrage of questions from the media was not in Pete Kampfer's job description, when he hired on as city manager in Colorado City over a year ago.

But questions from reporters are the norm for Kampfer since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared almost a month ago. The case has attracted much local and national media attention, and Kampfer is the primary liaison for information in the case.

"We just want to find her in good order," Kampfer said, of Hailey, who was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about evidence and developments in the case, but the media are persistent, seeking daily updates on search efforts, evidence and possible arrests.

"I want to try and work with the media on an accurate basis on what we're doing here with the Texas Rangers and the FBI," Kampfer said.

Kampfer said his experience as an FBI special agent is helping him disseminate information.

"I understand the rules of law, and when I trained with the FBI, I learned to work with local law enforcement," Kampfer said.

Early on, Kampfer decided to take over the public information aspect of the investigation.

"I stepped in to that role to allow the chief to work the case," said Kampfer,
who has worked with Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean on answering questions from the press.[/color]

<snipped>

BBM^^^

Hi, Janet.  Thanks for bringing back the article.  It's clear now why he is the spokesman for the investigation, and the city and le are content with him. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: March 31, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »

IMO

Janet

++++++

who has worked with Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean on answering questions from the press.[/color]

<snipped>

BBM^^^

Hi, Janet.  Thanks for bringing back the article.  It's clear now why he is the spokesman for the investigation, and the city and le are content with him

Why?

_____

Thunder_Sis
Scared Monkey

« Reply #872 on: March 31, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/03/officials-change-reward-wording-hailey-dunn-case

::snipping2::
The on-going investigation has involved members of the Texas Rangers, FBI, CIA, DPS, area law enforcement, as well as the Mitchell County Sheriff’s office and the Colorado City Police Department.

CIA??
Thunder_Sis
Scared Monkey

« Reply #873 on: March 31, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Agency

As part of its mandate to gather intelligence, CIA is looking increasingly online for information, and has become a major consumer of social media. "We're looking at YouTube, which carries some unique and honest-to-goodness intelligence," said Doug Naquin, director of the DNI Open Source Center (OSC) at CIA headquarters. "We're looking at chat rooms and things that didn't exist five years ago, and trying to stay ahead.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: March 31, 2011, 07:37:54 PM »

IMO

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

BBM^^^

Hi, Janet.  Thanks for bringing back the article.  It's clear now why he is the spokesman for the investigation, and the city and le are content with him

Why?

Janet, it's a small city of approx 4,000; and he has FBI experience and working with the le.  That doesn't mean that he has been an effective communicator--he hasn't, in my opinion.  Hopefully, after the confusion created by the press conference, the mayor and le will have a meeting with him to be prepared and communicate clearly.  After all, he is the spokesman for the investigation.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: March 31, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »

gbyall,
~constance

Janet

Capp

Whether appointed as a liason by Colorado City or the Hailey Dunn Task Force  ... I cannot comprehend why investigators do not have a tight control over the clarity/accuracy of released information by someone who claims to be representative of what is happening within the investigation.

Something does not compute.

Janet

+++++

Nope, something certainly doesnt compute.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »

IMO

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

BBM^^^

Why?

Janet, it's a small city of approx 4,000; and he has FBI experience and working with the le.  That doesn't mean that he has been an effective communicator--he hasn't, in my opinion.  Hopefully, after the confusion created by the press conference, the mayor and le will have a meeting with him to be prepared and communicate clearly.  After all, he is the spokesman for the investigation.

This is three months into the investigation and Pete Kampfer has messed up time and time again.  Why wasn't he replaced long ago as spokesperson for the investigation or ... why was a process not established that would ensure clarity and accuracy in his media statements.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: March 31, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »

IMO

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

BBM^^^

Why?

This is three months into the investigation and Pete Kampfer has messed up time and time again.  Why wasn't he replaced long ago as spokesperson for the investigation or ... why was a process not established that would ensure clarity and accuracy in his media statements.

Janet

Maybe because he was hired as the city manager just a year ago (with its duties and responsibilities) and wasn't prepared (over his head?) to be the spokesman for what turned into such a high-profile case.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: March 31, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »

gbyall,
~constance

Hi, Constance!  Smile   Yes, I believe you're right.   
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: March 31, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »

Hailey's Relatives React

Hailey's grandma?

Janet

She isn't.  She's Clint's gf's mother (Naomi's mother, iow).  But she'll say she's the grandmother... I'm not sure Hailey would since Hailey apparently wasn't even really comfortable with the whole Naomi thing until her little sister was born.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.