April 23, 2024, 01:12:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani  (Read 3568 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: March 17, 2007, 07:32:33 PM »

Rudy Giuliani

America's Mayor is the leading all the other republican candidates.

He is pro choice and pro gay.

This is what I mean when I say there is more to a candidate than their political credentials. I think every American has a a mental picture burned into their brain of Rudy Giuliani on September 11, 2001, wearing a face mask and walking towards the World Trade Center and telling reporters to walk along with him.

Any thoughts why he is leading the race despite not having "republican" values?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Rudy Giuliani

America's Mayor is the leading all the other republican candidates.

He is pro choice and pro gay.

This is what I mean when I say there is more to a candidate than their political credentials. I think every American has a a mental picture burned into their brain of Rudy Giuliani on September 11, 2001, wearing a face mask and walking towards the World Trade Center and telling reporters to walk along with him.

Any thoughts why he is leading the race despite not having "republican" values?

Louise, just what do you perceive to be Republican values?

Other than the anti Republican propaganda, that is.

I am a Republican.
I will vote for Rudy if he runs.

IT would be easy for me to think of all Democrats as wild eyed lunatics..but, are they?

You see, lumping any one group together is a dangerous and quite silly proposition.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 07:55:31 PM »

Artcolley,

I do not personally know what republican values are. Carnut spoke of republican values and when I quizzed him, he was vague ... maybe he was talking about family values. Maybe he will come back and explain it to you further. I'm a democrat so I don't know about republican values. But I would vote for Rudy.

I didn't like the last paragraph you wrote but you are not important enough to me to take the time to rebut it.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:06:11 PM »

Artcolley,

I do not personally know what republican values are. Carnut spoke of republican values and when I quizzed him, he was vague ... maybe he was talking about family values. Maybe he will come back and explain it to you further. I'm a democrat so I don't know about republican values. But I would vote for Rudy.

I didn't like the last paragraph you wrote but you are not important enough to me to take the time to rebut it.

Well, Louise, then regarding your last paragraph, I believe you are not important enough to explain it to.

Still rather nasty, aren't you?
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 08:22:08 PM »

I would vote for Rudy because I believe at this time the country needs someone that can unite us and I think he is just the man to do this.

We are so divided as a country right now and I think that is dangerous and very sad.

In my opinion, we all need to look at the welfare of the country as a whole and not our own little "agendas" and I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean we all have our pet projects we'd like to see happen, but until this country is healed they need to take a back seat.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
I would vote for Rudy because I believe at this time the country needs someone that can unite us and I think he is just the man to do this.

We are so divided as a country right now and I think that is dangerous and very sad.

In my opinion, we all need to look at the welfare of the country as a whole and not our own little "agendas" and I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean we all have our pet projects we'd like to see happen, but until this country is healed they need to take a back seat.

Yep, the country is definitely polarized in the extreme now a days.

At any given time, on any given subject, it seems half the country is wrong.

Don't think one guy is gonna be able to resolve that at least until someone can get elected with a 'real' majority.

A 'real' majority being somewhere near 70% or better, a very unlikely possibility.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

Yep, the country is definitely polarized in the extreme now a days.

At any given time, on any given subject, it seems half the country is wrong.

Don't think one guy is gonna be able to resolve that at least until someone can get elected with a 'real' majority.

A 'real' majority being somewhere near 70% or better, a very unlikely possibility.

Sadly, I agree with you, Carnut.
I am so trying to be optimistic about it all, but I honestly don't know if we'll ever all come together as a country again.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a candidate that could draw a 70% majority?
I'd love to see that.

AND..btw, how are you, Carnut????
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 09:25:04 PM »

Carnut,

Can you explain republican values again?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 10:15:41 PM »

Carnut,

My understanding of Republican values are

for a strong economy.

for a strong military,

for fiscal responibility in government and low taxes.

for a minimalist government and more individual responsiblity.

for conservative moral values and society.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 05:02:48 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Carnut,

My understanding of Republican values are

for a strong economy.

for a strong military,

for fiscal responibility in government and low taxes.

for a minimalist government and more individual responsiblity.

for conservative moral values and society.

I wholeheartedly share those values, so I guess that makes me a Republican.  And so far my vote leans strongly toward Rudy, even though he is not perfect.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 08:21:57 PM »

Hi Bobo2,

I think you hit the nail on the head saying you lean towards Rudy, even though he is not perfect.

I thought we were looking for the perfect candidate who has no skeletons in his closet. We've discussed a lot of politics here ... Obama is not experienced, Hillary is hated, McCain is too old, Romney is a Mormon, etc.

In Rudy's case, he is so popular that his political flaws seem to be ok. I remember a very long heated discussion thread on abortion. He is pro choice. That means he is pro abortion. He is pro gay. That means he might allow gay marriage.

None of of the above flaws bother me at all. I'm planning to vote for him.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 08:50:50 PM »

In Rudy's case, he is so popular that his political flaws seem to be ok. I remember a very long heated discussion thread on abortion. He is pro choice. That means he is pro abortion. He is pro gay. That means he might allow gay marriage.

None of of the above flaws bother me at all. I'm planning to vote for him.

Rudy has stated he is NOT pro abortion.  He personally disagrees with abortion but does not feel the law should become involved in a moral issue.

I am glad you are leaning toward Rudy, Louise.   Maybe he will be the candidate who will bring the nation together despite all our differences.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 10:38:26 PM »

Thanks, Bobo2.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 09:46:24 PM »

Personally, I am completely anti-abortion... and I think y'all all know that....

I am not in favor of gay marriage, but agree with civil unions... and I have stated the reasons before.

Having said that, let me just say that it doesn't matter who wins the presidency, abortion laws in this country aren't going to change.  There are a zillion reasons for this, among them being the fact that judges are loath to overturn previous decisions....

so I am a huge Gulliani fan....

I also really like Mitt Romney, but I fear that most people have no clue who he is.....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

Having said that, let me just say that it doesn't matter who wins the presidency, abortion laws in this country aren't going to change.  There are a zillion reasons for this, among them being the fact that judges are loath to overturn previous decisions....

Exactly Mrs. Red.  I do hope voters look at the big picture and focus on the most important issues (not that abortion is not important, but like you said the president is not going to change anything there).  

This country showed so much unity in the the days following 9-11-2001.  If we let the terrorists divide us, they have won.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.