March 28, 2024, 07:22:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rewarding Failure - Washington's Reason For Existing?  (Read 1174 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 18, 2011, 07:24:27 AM »

The recent DOJ case involving testing for police applicants and racial statistics should give everyone a reason to think.

There always seems to be so much left out of the stories in the news media.

What are the headlines?  Folks failing the test now get a pass?  They must accept previous failures and reward them financially for failing?  All due to race?  (It wasn't 100% clear to me if only certain racial groups get a pass for failing, or if everyone is included)

How exactly is that test scored?  Do they only count the questions you answer in your score?  Or are test takers expected to answer every question and get scored on the total number of questions?

Some, like the folks from the DOJ, on TV seem fond of saying 'it's only a 10% spread' or something like that.
  What exactly does 10% mean?

10% of $10 is $1.  10% of $100 is $10.  10% of $1 million is $100,000.  Which 10% do you want for retirement?  Which 10% puts more money in my pocket?

Is there a minimum number of questions that need to be answered?  100 out of 200?  Or, can some get a passing grade for answering just 1 question correctly?

If test takers are trained (and I believe that is the current wisdom) to only answer the questions they are 100% certain of...what does it suggest of those that fail?  If they only grade the test on the number of questions attempted?

Is it really just 10% when a person fails 5 out of 10 attempted?  Or they fail due to 100 out of 200 attempted? 

Did anyone at the DOJ do a study to determine how long those people studied for the test?  What kind of efforts they made to study and score better?  How well they prepared?  What kind of efforts they made to get the job?

Or, is DOJ finding another excuse to reward failure?

It doesn't matter how well you are prepared, I imagine there are a few question anyone could answer and get 50-60%. 

Washington wants to 'invest' in our childrens future.  Why?  Reward failure?  Why isn't the system rewarding effort?  Academic investment by parents, students, and teachers?

I wonder how many make a living just applying and taking tests knowing they will get $$$ rewards from the DOJ due to the color of their skin?

It seems stupid to invest in the 'best and brightest' when they don't qualify for jobs.  Their hard work will not be rewarded due to DOJ being 'for' other based on skin color.

Yes, we'll give your children a 'free' education, but we'll only reward children with jobs and $$$ based on skin color...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 07:33:11 AM »

Federal Reserve

How much money did big banks get from the TARP?  How much went to foreign entities?  Failed businesses?

How much money has the Federal Reserve given to failed businesses over time?  I remember the names of the emergency money recipients that were released. 

Some commented that it included businesses that were no longer in business.  Why rescue them? 

How many of the businesses that got money, made new jobs in places like China?  India?

Since it's creation, how much money has ever been repaid?  Who got access to that money?  Do they just create more money to help past recipients pay back old loans?

If something like the Federal Reserve, is created by legislation, is it REALLY a private bank?  The more I think about it, the more the Federal Reserve sounds like another version of Freddie/Fannie, except they make money out of thin air, keep secrets, and seem to serve the Executive Branch, and not the taxpayer citizens.  Not really private, living at taxpayer expense, and keeping all the secrets secret.

How much of the QE money serves/rewards Washington's special interests?
  Foreigners?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »

"Banks Aren't Lending"

How many applications are they taking?  Today as compared to say ten or twenty years ago?  Five years ago?  Are applications down?  Up?
I think those are important questions to ask when someone says "Banks aren't lending...we gave them all that money..."

PR - 'They have to give you a second review, if you think you've been denied, or should have gotten a loan'

Again...how many applications are they taking?  Today as compared to say ten or twenty years ago?  Five years ago?  Are applications down?  Up? [/i] I think those are important questions to ask when someone says "Banks aren't lending...we gave them all that money..."  How many second reviews are they giving?

How much money is really available?  Maybe they chose to give say ten - $5 billion dollar loans to special interests and have nothing left?

What is left unsaid every time I hear "banks aren't lending"?

Where exactly is the money going, and why isn't Washington clawing it back?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.