April 24, 2024, 01:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #11 4/05/11 - 4/29/13{REMAINS FOUND}  (Read 326192 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: October 30, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »

Emotional Roller Coaster for the Mother of Missing Colorado City Teen Hailey Dunn
Updated: Oct 29, 2012 9:09 PM MDT

MIDLAND - Last week, NewsWest 9 brought you the story of a woman that wrote a jailhouse letter describing a young girl that she saw in an Odessa home that matched Hailey Dunn's description. As you can imagine that stirred up a lot of emotions for everyone who has hopes of bringing Hailey back home, especially for her mother Billie Dunn.

"I've been very angry about it, angry that she lied about Hailey and got away with it, angry that she is getting all of this attention," Dunn said.

Anger is how Billie Dunn, the mother of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, feels about Sonja Callahan. She is the woman who claimed to have seen a young girl at an Odessa home who matched the description of Hailey Dunn. She says when she first heard about the letter she was thrilled to know that her daughter could possibly be alive.

"I was thrilled that this lady said that she saw my daughter alive. I am gonna go get my daughter, it made it that much more real, I am gonna get her home," Dunn said.

However, her happiness didn't last long.

"To find out that she lied about the letter, it made me mad and she made the whole story up, it makes me mad that she was able to lie and get away with it and lie and get all of this attention," Dunn said.

::snipping2::

http://www.newswest9.com/story/19948281/emotional-rolle
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: October 31, 2012, 01:36:33 AM »

Eyewitness Details Hailey Dunn Sighting in Jailhouse Phone Call
Updated: October 26, 2012

According to Callahan, she was with Hailey in the days immediately following her disappearance. She says she knows it was Hailey because the girl she was with matched the description and pictures of the missing girl being searched for on TV.

Callahan said Hailey was taken by a drug dealer from Odessa and his girlfriend to settle a drug debt owed by Hailey's mom. Callahan called the dealer a "very, very bad man."

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=127432
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: December 04, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/16/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

What Happened to Hailey Dunn?

Aired November 16, 2012 - 20:00   ET

Transcript also available at:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9407.msg1547628#msg1547628

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: December 23, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »

http://www.newswest9.com/story/20411551/exclusive-hailey-dunn-two-year-vigil

Exclusive: Family, Friends Gather for Prayer Vigil for Missing Colorado City Teen Hailey Dunn
Updated: Dec 22, 2012 10:11 PM CST

"The vigil we have in December that marks her anniversary the day she went missing and Christmas, it's just really tough on everybody. December is always a bad month," Billie Dunn.

She's talking about her daughter, Hailey Dunn, who went missing two years ago. A vigil was held Saturday at Ruddick Park in Colorado City to honor the teen.

"Yesterday was really hard on me, coming up here for another vigil," Dunn said.

Having one vigil after another is taking a toll on this mother.

"I'm ready for Hailey to be home. Each time we think she'll be home for the next vigil, make it a celebration party," Dunn said.

Dunn hopes that thought will soon become a reality as the FBI is re-interviewing people who may lead them to crack the case.

"The FBI themselves are actually conducting interviews, I think that's going to be a good start," Dunn said.

As she awaits for that light of hope to shine through her darkness, she holds on to her son and those close to her to keep her going. Searching for answers and searching for leads.

"I've got good friends and family," Dunn said.

If you spot Hailey Dunn, you are asked to call the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294 or the FBI anonymous hotline at 1-800-THE-LOST.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: December 28, 2012, 11:15:25 PM »

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_justice/law_enforcement/article_9d5d0b88-507e-11e2-8536-0019bb30f31a.html

Colorado City teen still missing after two years
Posted on December 28, 2012

For Billie Jean Dunn, Thursday was an excruciatingly painful day because it marked two years since her daughter Hailey Dunn went missing. Billie Jean Dunn reported her daughter missing two years ago today.

“I broke down all day long,” the mother of the teen said of how she spent Thursday, recalling the day her daughter went missing. “It doesn’t get any easier. It has been worse lately especially because of the holidays.”

On December 28, 2010, just three days after Christmas, Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, was reported missing by her mother. Shawn Adkins, Billie Jean Dunn’s then live-in boyfriend at the time, was the last person to see Hailey alive. He has been named the prime suspect in the case, but as yet, no arrests have been made.

In the two years since her disappearance, investigators from Colorado City, Mitchell County, the Texas Rangers, the Department of Public Safety and the FBI have followed countless leads but to no avail. And now, the FBI is officially the lead investigating agency in the case.

Ever hopeful, supporters, family and friends gathered at Ruddick Park in Colorado City last Saturday for one of many vigil’s that have been held to mark the time that has passed since the teen vanished.

“The vigil went better than I expected,” Billie Dunn said from her home in Travis County Thursday.

But she said she is tired of planning vigils — it is just too painful.

“It’s been two years of vigils,” Billie Jean Dunn said. “Every time we hope she’ll be home for a party and it never happens. I have to plan vigils instead of parties for my daughter.”
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: January 05, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=558962
Two Years Later, Searchers Walk in Hailey Dunn's Last Known Footsteps
By: Brendaliss Gonzalez
Updated: December 27, 2012

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:01 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=573262
Pizza Shop Helps Hailey Dunn Search Efforts with Pizza Boxes
February 20, 2013

The city of Krum is a small town just northwest of Denton. It's about 250 miles from Coloardo City. But you'll still see flyers and posters with Hailey Dunn's face in various store windows throughout the town.

"We do what we can here," said Cindy Glasco, Hailey's great aunt.

And they're getting her name out there on pizza boxes. Similar to putting pictures on milk cartons, the owners of Bobcat Planet Pizza said they can see it making a difference.

"As I'm giving people their pizza boxes that they do stop and look at it. And I like the fact that it's not just hanging in my window, it's actually going home with them," said owner Kevin Goodman. "So I think it leaves a bigger imprint."

The idea started with Hailey's great aunt.
More...

Video at Link

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »

good for them!
 ::justice2NJ::

FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #708 on: March 17, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=579882

A body found
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #709 on: March 17, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »

I just heard this!  Some are saying it's in the area Shawn Adkins lived...   

DPS: Decomposed Body Discovered in Scurry Co.

By: BigCountryHomepage.com Staff
Updated: March 17, 2013

A body was discovered Saturday afternoon in Scurry County, according to DPS officials.

Someone found the body in an area southwest of Snyder and reported it to the Scurry County Sheriff's Office, who then contacted the Texas Rangers and the Texas Dept. of Public Safety, said Trooper Sparky Dean of DPS.

Law enforcement personnel from all three agencies have been at the location attempting to recover the body since Saturday afternoon and were back at what they are treating as a crime scene on Sunday.

The body appears to have been there a while, judging from how much it has decomposed, and authorities have not been able to yet determine age or gender, Dean said.

After it is recovered, the body will be sent to the Medical Examiner's office in either Lubbock or Ft. Worth.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #710 on: March 17, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »

DPS: Decomposed Body Discovered in Scurry Co.
By: BigCountryHomepage.com Staff
Updated: March 17, 2013

A body was discovered Saturday afternoon in Scurry County, according to DPS officials.

Someone found the body in an area southwest of Snyder and reported it to the Scurry County Sheriff's Office, who then contacted the Texas Rangers and the Texas Dept. of Public Safety, said Trooper Sparky Dean of DPS.

The body appears to have been there a while, judging from how much it has decomposed, and authorities have not been able to yet determine age or gender, Dean said.

After it is recovered, the body will be sent to the Medical Examiner's office in either Lubbock or Ft. Worth.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #711 on: March 17, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

Posting at the same time 

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: March 17, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »

http://www.kcbd.com/story/21665555/investigators-examining-body-found-south-of-snyder

Investigators examining body found south of Snyder

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 7:26 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 17, 2013 7:40 PM CDT
By Natasha Sweatte - email

SCURRY COUNTY, TX (KCBD) -
A badly decomposed body was discovered in Scurry County on Saturday.

Investigators couldn't say just how long the body has been there and are unable to identify the body's age or gender at this time.

Authorities aren't releasing the exact location, but they say it was found south of Snyder just after lunchtime Saturday.

DPS, highway patrol, and the Scurry County Sheriff's Office are teaming up to assist with the case.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: March 17, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »

Posting at the same time 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: March 17, 2013, 09:32:57 PM »

http://www.newswest9.com/story/21665183/decomposed-body-found-in-scurry-county

Decomposed Body Found in Scurry County

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 6:14 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 17, 2013 6:14 PM CDT

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

SCURRY COUNTY - The Texas Rangers, DPS, and the Scurry County Sheriff's Office are investigating after a body was found in Scurry County on Saturday.

Trooper Sparky Dean tells NewsWest 9 deputies got a call about a body that was found south of Snyder.

The body is severely decomposed and investigators cannot determine the gender or age.

Officials are carefully exhuming the body and Dean says the process could take weeks.

It's being treated as a crime scene since it was an unattended death.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »

Thanks TM, anyone besides Hailey missing from that area? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: March 17, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/BREAKING-NEWS-Authorities-say-dead-body-found-in-Scurry-County/-/14769632/19352194/-/i9i779z/-/index.html

BREAKING NEWS: Authorities say dead body found in Scurry County

By Michelle Frizalone, mfrizalone@ktxs.com
POSTED: 4:56 PM Mar 17 2013  UPDATED  6 mins

COMMENTS:

Samantha Everett · Odessa, Texas
I'm reading that there is a body found buried by Lake Thomas. If anyone finds out any details, let me know. Last time I was at my old house by the lake, I was walking around the area and saw a disturbed piece of ground that resembled a grave, so because I knew Shawn Adkins knew where I lived and knew it was abandoned, I thought about Hailey Dunn and tipped the FBI online. I wanted to know if they actually went and looked. The FBI has not contacted me. It could be another area and totally unrelated, but keep me updated!
Reply · 2 · Like · Follow Post · 3 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: March 17, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

Thanks Klaas!  Interesting!

I haven't looked yet to see if there are any other's missing from that area.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: March 17, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152689955980624&set=a.10150375113840624.613245.10150122844560624&type=1&ref=nf

KTXS Television
Authorities are blocking off County Road 3236 near Lake Thomas in Snyder. We have a crew on scene to get the latest details about the discovery of a body in Scurry County.
Like ·  · Share · 53 minutes ago

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: March 17, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

Maybe ... just maybe ... justice will prevail for this little girl.

Thanks FishstickKitty.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.