March 18, 2024, 08:06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #858 4/20/11 - 6/13/2011  (Read 428134 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #560 on: May 19, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: May 19, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »

BUMPED...since my celebration post above doesn't make much sense without it...

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »

Thanks for the good news texasmom!

>>>Joran will NOT benefit from the agreement to exchange prisoners between Peru and Netherlands!!<<<   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

YW Graceland!

There are many more articles that say he will benefit from the agreement. 

It was interesting to me during my search on the subject that so many of the articles on Peru based websites cite the (US) CBS 48 hours take on the agreement!

My opinion based on my understanding of all I've read is that the "intent" of the agreement was not to benefit those who choose to murder Peruvian citizens, but was specifically based on the many foreigners serving time for drug related offenses.  My guess would be that Joran may apply for the transfer after his conviction...and from my understanding after MOST of the sentence is served, but I don't think anyone with the authority to do so in Peru will want to be the one that approved that transfer. 

If they do, they'd better pack up and move to Holland!   

JMO 

This is an article that even though it's not very plain on some things, I think Stephany's father's point can be understood...

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/756444/noticia-traslado-presos-entre-peru-holanda-favoreceria-van-der-sloot?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Google translation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »

http://amigoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7673:schadeclaims-windhoos-onzeker&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Tornado damage claims uncertain

Last Updated on Thursday, 19 May 2011 2:34 p.m.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:23 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - The tornado that swept Paradera yesterday afternoon, with significant damage to include the Church of Paradera and surrounding houses. The insurance companies have claims in the first, but whether it is covered depends on several factors including the wind. This can not confirm Aruba Meteorological Service.

::snipping2::

In Paradera are about four serious damage caused to their houses suffered roof. The church was damaged and also John's Pizza restaurant has suffered. The tornado went right past Colegio Pastor Kranwinkel (CPK). The school has suffered no damage. Antonia Santiago and Erasmus of Paradera 75B, large parts of their roof lost to the tornado. At the end of the day was the shock still good. Emotionally, the couple told how they were startled by wind, rain and noise and how within minutes of the roof were gone. "All in all it took about five to seven minutes," said Santiago. 
Around the corner from the Erasmus family, at Colegio Kranwinkel Father, the great relief.

"Fortunately, we have no damage to the school and we came away unscathed," said headmaster Andres Rasmijn. All children were shocked and started to scream when the tornado swept through, but Rasmijn is satisfied with the actions of the teachers. "They all have their children leave the table, away from windows. We could not go out and it all happened so quickly, "said Rasmijn. Most children were picked up yesterday by their parents when they heard about the tornado. Today, the school just opened and classes resumed.
DOW and Elmar came to record the damage and where necessary restore, just like the fire department. By the flying roof was damaged and a lamppost wiring hit. This left the area without power here. Premier Mike Eman (AVP) is also yesterday afternoon to put the residents were heartened to a stabbing.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:01 PM »

Heh, heh!  I never thought this would apply to murder but nice to see it confirmed.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »

I think this may be the same case where the girl ended up pregnant by the stepfather!  I've been mad about it for a while now!  I'm glad they're appealing that ridiculously low sentence.

http://www.amigoe.com/PDF%20amigoearu/19-05-2011a.pdf

Google translation:

OM to appeal against teen abuser

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecution (OM) wants a man a higher penalty of Judge gets for abusing his stepdaughter. The Attorney General claimed in higher job 2.5 years prison. The man received a half because of the court years imprisonment. According to the Attorney General, there are similar litigation today, although the higher court penalty imposed. Addition he found a higher penalty place to jointly signal to the society that is not can. The lawyer who stepfather stood by, said his client feels responsible for what he has done and asked Court order imposed previously punishment to maintain.
The man known in the previous lawsuit debt the abuse. But He stated however that it is something happened less frequently than what the girl said.  The abuse occurred for the period from August 2009 until May 2010.  The girl was thirteen years. According to a statement by the Court explained to the man, the girl's stepfather her twice a week abused. Her stepfather says that two once a month and went in the period about seven or eight times happened. He said himself to the girl had rape them when the mother the girl, his wife, with another child Colombia had gone to since receiving medical care. The children were then temporarily by family collected and the stepdaughter came on an evening to him. Then he could not control, he said.  The Court shall at the end of the month award.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: May 19, 2011, 11:22:44 PM »

Hi Anna!   

Great to see you!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: May 19, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »

Kinda like turning the radar off for a while huh?   

http://www.amigoe.com/PDF%20amigoearu/19-05-2011a.pdf

Google translation:

Man arrested with drugs at airport

ORANGE CITY - The customs sniffer dog knew yesterday afternoon to intercept drugs. The amount and type of drug is still unknown.  The drug was found in a man on the verge plane to the Netherlands address. The drug was hidden in a shampoo bottle when During an inspection of the sniffer dog would be successful. The man is arrested and handed over to police.

Meanwhile yesterday shows that among the customs staff dissatisfaction. This is because the lead a sniffer dog took out of service due to The age of the animal, while there is no good substitute would be. The staff is disagree because dog still good job earlier and another 200 kilos of drugs on a boat was able to detect. Sada customs union has In any case, yesterday gathered to this point see what steps they can to bring about a solution.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2011, 02:06:41 AM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!
 ::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: May 20, 2011, 03:51:41 AM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=39

PartySquad @ Nikky Beach 14may2011

http://www.coolaruba.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1767780

http://www.coolaruba.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1767488

http://www.coolaruba.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1767548

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: May 20, 2011, 03:54:18 AM »

Some of the other ISA students around him are seniors, Sebastian's a sophomore.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: May 20, 2011, 09:09:24 AM »

Like I've said before, Sebas scares me.  IMO we will be reading about him one day and not in a good way.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: May 20, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »

Like I've said before, Sebas scares me.  IMO we will be reading about him one day and not in a good way.

ITA

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: May 20, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »

Extradition treaty could allow Van der Sloot to return to HollandFrom Mayra Cuevas, In Session
May 14, 2011 -- Updated 0042 GMT

(CNN) -- An extradition treaty signed this week between the Netherlands and Peru could open the door for Joran Van der Sloot to return to his native country if convicted in the death of a 21-year-old Peruvian woman.

A spokesman with Peru's foreign ministry, Gonzalo Portals Zubiate, said Friday that the treaty -- which allows some Dutch nationals sentenced to time in Peru to serve their sentences in Europe, with the inverse for Peruvians convicted in Holland -- has nothing to do with Van der Sloot, specifically. Still, the suspect's attorney acknowledged it could affect him.

"Joran knows about the treaty," said Maximo Altez, the lawyer who is representing Van der Sloot in Peru. "Whether he requests an extradition will depend on his sentence."

<snipped>

Van der Sloot, 23, moved from Holland to Aruba as a child and returned to his homeland for several years to attend college. Since he is a Dutch national, he could eventually request extradition based on a treaty signed Thursday by Peruvian Foreign Minister José Antonio García Belaúnde and his Dutch counterpart Uri Rosenthal.

"The treaty allows (Dutch) residents ... who have been sentenced to prison by final and unappealable judgment in Peru to serve their sentence" in the Netherlands, Holland's foreign ministry explained on its website. "Peruvians who are in prison anywhere in the (Netherlands) are also entitled to invoke the treaty.

That deal still must be approved by both nations' legislatures to take effect. If it is, both countries are obligated to act on detainees' requests to return to their native Netherlands or Peru.

"It is a treaty so that sentenced prisoners may finish their sentence in their own country," Portals said.

Altez said he would advise Van der Sloot to apply for extradition if he's convicted "under the violent emotion defense" -- meaning a jury could determine he snapped and killed Flores, but didn't plan it out. In that case, he'd likely get a three-to-five year sentence, which he wouldn't appeal, Altez said.

"If he gets a higher sentence" -- such as what amounts to premeditated murder -- "we will probably appeal" and not request extradition, said Altez. That's because once Van der Sloot leaves Peru to serve his time in the Netherlands, it would be more difficult to appeal his sentence.

<snipped>

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=9630.560;num_replies=573

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: May 20, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »

I have a hinky feeling that the road headed back to the Netherlands is being paved for Joran van der Sloot.  I hope I am wrong but ....

Janet

+++++

May 16, 2011 11:28 AM
Will Joran van der Sloot be returned to Netherlands?

CBS/AP) THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Under an agreement signed Thursday, Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot could serve part of his sentence in the Netherlands if he is convicted of the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores.

<snipped>

The foreign ministers of the two countries agreed that Dutch prisoners in Peru and Peruvians jailed in the Netherlands can apply to complete their prison terms in their homeland once their appeal process has been completed.

Peruvian prisons now hold 117 Dutch citizens, mostly serving time for drugs offenses. It was not immediately clear how many Peruvians are in Dutch jails.

<snipped>

Under the accord, if a prisoner received a longer sentence in Peru than the maximum under Dutch law, the sentence would be reduced, the Dutch ministry said. But each country has the right to deny the prisoner's transfer request.

The deal signed must be approved by both countries' parliaments.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20063203-504083.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »

Not sure of the importance but this was just filed on the 16th:

Hmmmm--Can the defendants be planning to follow up 437c (m) (1) with 437c (m) (2) ?

http://law.onecle.com/california/civil-procedure/437c.html

(m) (1) A summary judgment entered under this section is an
appealable judgment as in other cases. Upon entry of any order
pursuant to this section, except the entry of summary judgment, a
party may, within 20 days after service upon him or her of a written
notice of entry of the order, petition an appropriate reviewing court
for a peremptory writ. If the notice is served by mail, the initial
period within which to file the petition shall be increased by five
days if the place of address is within the State of California, 10
days if the place of address is outside the State of California but
within the United States, and 20 days if the place of address is
outside the United States. If the notice is served by facsimile
transmission, Express Mail, or another method of delivery providing
for overnight delivery, the initial period within which to file the
petition shall be increased by two court days. The superior court
may, for good cause, and prior to the expiration of the initial
period, extend the time for one additional period not to exceed 10
days.
   (2) Before a reviewing court affirms an order granting summary
judgment or summary adjudication on a ground not relied upon by the
trial court, the reviewing court shall afford the parties an
opportunity to present their views on the issue by submitting
supplemental briefs. The supplemental briefing may include an
argument that additional evidence relating to that ground exists, but
that the party has not had an adequate opportunity to present the
evidence or to conduct discovery on the issue. The court may reverse
or remand based upon the supplemental briefing to allow the parties
to present additional evidence or to conduct discovery on the issue.
If the court fails to allow supplemental briefing, a rehearing shall
be ordered upon timely petition of any party.

Thanks, Grace-land!   

So, if "reviewing court" means "appeals court" as its known to most laypeople, then this would mean that Dr. Phil's team has appealed the denial of the summary judgement?

Am I reading this right?

IIRC, the motion for summary judgment of April 11 was continued by the order of the court; and no new documents have been posted at SM that the court denied it.  I think that Dr. Phil is asking for an extension in order to set up for a summary judgment with additional information to dismiss the case.  I hope that I made sense...I'm no legal eagle. lol
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: May 20, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »

Not sure of the importance but this was just filed on the 16th:

Hmmmm--Can the defendants be planning to follow up 437c (m) (1) with 437c (m) (2) ?

http://law.onecle.com/california/civil-procedure/437c.html

(m) (1) A summary judgment entered under this section is an
appealable judgment as in other cases. Upon entry of any order
pursuant to this section, except the entry of summary judgment, a
party may, within 20 days after service upon him or her of a written
notice of entry of the order, petition an appropriate reviewing court
for a peremptory writ. If the notice is served by mail, the initial
period within which to file the petition shall be increased by five
days if the place of address is within the State of California, 10
days if the place of address is outside the State of California but
within the United States, and 20 days if the place of address is
outside the United States. If the notice is served by facsimile
transmission, Express Mail, or another method of delivery providing
for overnight delivery, the initial period within which to file the
petition shall be increased by two court days. The superior court
may, for good cause, and prior to the expiration of the initial
period, extend the time for one additional period not to exceed 10
days.
   (2) Before a reviewing court affirms an order granting summary
judgment or summary adjudication on a ground not relied upon by the
trial court, the reviewing court shall afford the parties an
opportunity to present their views on the issue by submitting
supplemental briefs. The supplemental briefing may include an
argument that additional evidence relating to that ground exists, but
that the party has not had an adequate opportunity to present the
evidence or to conduct discovery on the issue. The court may reverse
or remand based upon the supplemental briefing to allow the parties
to present additional evidence or to conduct discovery on the issue.
If the court fails to allow supplemental briefing, a rehearing shall
be ordered upon timely petition of any party.

Thanks, Grace-land!   

So, if "reviewing court" means "appeals court" as its known to most laypeople, then this would mean that Dr. Phil's team has appealed the denial of the summary judgement?

Am I reading this right?

IIRC, the motion for summary judgment of April 11 was continued by the order of the court; and no new documents have been posted at SM that the court denied it.  I think that Dr. Phil is asking for an extension in order to set up for a summary judgment with additional information to dismiss the case.  I hope that I made sense...I'm no legal eagle. lol

_____

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #578 on: May 20, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »

Some of the other ISA students around him are seniors, Sebastian's a sophomore.

He's looking more and more like Joran every day.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: May 20, 2011, 03:03:03 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.