March 19, 2024, 04:06:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #858 4/20/11 - 6/13/2011  (Read 428204 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #680 on: May 25, 2011, 05:52:04 PM »

http://amigoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8001:joran-zit-goed-in-peru&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

"Joran is good in Peru '

Wednesday, 25 May 2011 6:19 p.m.

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - Joran van der Sloot again he speaks to the United States will be extradited. At least, according to journalist John van den Heuvel in the Dutch press. Van den Heuvel said to have telephone contact with the murder suspect after reports that Joran to the U.S. will be extradited.

"Joran did not want to leave the prison where he is now, he has just found his niche in an area with other wealthy, Dutch of whom can benefit. For example, if he gets better food. It is therefore not help to be extradited to the U.S., "said Van den Heuvel in the AD. The journalist thinks that the confusion created by the arrival of another U.S. attorney in the defense team of Joran. According to Van den Heuvel lawyer that Joran wants to go to the U.S.. "Probably because his counsel finds it wonderful that he himself will get much publicity," said the journalist. "But I do not think it will happen."

The journalist calls frequently with Joran, so he said. Murder because the accused may submit a request to make or receive calls. Also, he says sometimes being called by Joran. This usually happens when he reports in the press want to clarify or rebut. According to Van den Heuvel sometimes they talk about general things about what it's like to sit in prison, or about his family and other personal items. The journalist wants to maintain regular contact with Joran. This is because the case against him, according to Van den Heuvel in August or September will be launched. The case is in fact near, the investigation is complete. The only delay is in the translation of the Joran statements by a sworn interpreter.

Joran is awaiting trial in the Castro Castro prison in Lima, Peru. He is accused of robbery in Stephany Flores, a 21-year-old Peruvian student, on May 30 last year. Should he be convicted for robbery, then hangs him a sentence of 30 years above the head. A conviction for murder passion, where his lawyer driving, he would come on up to five years to allow cell.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: May 25, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »

http://www.crimesider.nl/2011_05_25_archive.html

Google translation:

WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, 2011

Joran to the U.S. or not?

There were several media reported this week that Joran van der Sloot like the U.S. would be extradited. Is not true, says crime reporter for The Times, John van den Heuvel. Joran is a good thing in the castro castro he says, and now has contact with other 'wealthy' Dutch whom he seems to cook a pot. Always better than the limp and dry rice soup prison from the prison kitchen of a prison as gogantische castro castro course.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7AItLxUplvw/TdzN3etQ_EI/AAAAAAAAEJ0/9RyoCDMbNCA/s320/Jorantattoo.JPG

It was an incredible message, given the high penalties that Joran might face in the U.S., and everyone knows that the jail as well not 1, 2, 3 in order to write home about. Let alone the treatment that Joran can expect at the Yanks.

John van den Heuvel schiijnt regularly calling Joran. They know to report that the mother of Joran lost contact with her son. Can you imagine something. Usually, such a mother-dip temporarily and will ever be well again between mother and son, but at the moment, she just fed up with her son and his criminal impact.

::snipping2::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: May 25, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »

http://www.crimesite.nl/dossier/joran/21280-van-der-sloot-wil-niet-weg-uit-peru.html

Google translation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!
 ::justice2NJ::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: May 25, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »

Going back in time ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/03/earlyshow/main6544006.shtml

June 3, 2010 2:24 PM
Holloway Ally: Flores Murder Brings It All Back

"We were actually digging in a landfill, and we went back to get the permits to continue digging. And Gerold Dompig actually took us to a little warehouse -- it was kind of like we were into do some drug deal like you see on TV -- and he says, 'You don't need to be digging in the landfill anymore,' he said 'Joran van der Sloot is responsible for this, that body was taken out to sea.' Gerald Dompig's words to us were that Joran van der Sloot was a sociopath, that he controlled the entire family, even his father was afraid of him. And it's unfortunate that more couldn't be done to have Joran locked up."

He continued, "The other question is, 'Where has Joran been for the last five years?' We know he's traveled all over the country. Where is his money coming from, who has he been involved with? And we hate to even think like that. Did he kill Natalee, did he kill Stephany, yes, but he's really responsible for his father's death dying way before his time with the stress he went through. So Joran van der Sloot single-handedly probably destroyed an island, destroyed two different families, and certainly his own family."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/03/earlyshow/main6544006.shtml#ixzz1NQFUOCpB
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: May 26, 2011, 12:27:48 AM »

May 26, 2005

I DROVE AWAY WITHOUT KNOWING

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 14-15:  On Thursday May 26, 2005, Natalee came into my bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to tell me it was almost time to go. Everyone was gathering at a friend's house for the ride to the airport. My job was to pick everyone up at the airport when they returned on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2005.

While Natalee was going to be out of town, Jug was going to his lake house to visit with his family and friends. In our marriage, the second for both of us, we rarely vacationed together. My son, Matt, had made his own plans with friends for the weekend, so it was the perfect time for me to take a much-needed, overdue trip to my family's lake house in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I had not been there in a very long time. Birmingham is about nine hours away, so it was just too long a drive since moving here to make the trip on a regular basis. I was very much looking forward to visiting with my family. Everyone's plans were made.

In the wee hours on this Thursday morning Natalee and I loaded her things in the back of the car and headed off to her friend's house. It was very dark at that hour, and we were both only half awake. But we did talk some. Small talk. We reviewed what she had packed, going through a mental checklist of passport, cash, camera, sunscreen, and the like. When we arrived at her friend's house, she came to life. The adventure she had been excitedly awaiting for months was finally about to begin. She jumped out of the car and bounced to the back to get her bag. I got out and walked around the car to help her. She gathered her things and looked up long enough for me to kiss her on the cheek.

"I love you! Have a great time!" I told her.

She replied, "Bye, Mom! Love you!" and slung her purple duffel bag over her shoulder.

The bag made her walk slightly bent to its opposite side. I got back in the car as she made her way up the long walkway to the front door. Turning the car around to leave, I stopped and looked back over my shoulder to see her go inside. The front door of the house opened just wide enough for her to slip in. I saw her silhouette in the beam of light that shone from inside. The light narrowed as the door closed, then disappeared completely. It was pitch-black again. I drove away not knowing that would be the last time I would ever see Natalee.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: May 26, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »

It looks like TACO is continuing to represent the real winners in the world. A pretty sad story.

Kenneth Moreno, Franklin Mata Acquitted: NYPD Cops Accused Of Rape Cleared Of All But Minor Charge

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/26/kenneth-moreno-franklin-mata-acquitted_n_867467.html

Defense attorney Joseph Tacopina does not regret putting defendant on stand in cop-rape trial

The Manhattan cop charged with raping a drunken woman gave some cringe-worthy testimony, but his lawyer doesn't regret putting him on the stand.

"I'm glad he did," defense attorney Joseph Tacopina said of Officer Kenneth Moreno. "He wanted to take the stand. He's been sitting on his hands for two and a half years."

One of the more unsettling moments in Moreno's time on the stand came after prosecutor Coleen Balbert expressed amazement that he didn't tell his partner, Franklin Mata, "that she had come on to you, that you had to turn her down."

"I don't kiss and tell," replied Moreno, who also testified that he spooned with the woman in her bed and sang a Bon Jovi tune to her.

"We wanted this jury to hear that," Tacopina insisted. "He didn't rape this woman."

Balbert is expected to hammer Moreno again Friday in closing arguments at Manhattan Supreme Court as a liar and a letch who took advantage of the fashion executive while Mata stood lookout in her East Village apartment.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-05-13/news/29553998_1_officer-kenneth-moreno-franklin-mata-edward-mandery

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: May 26, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8038:arubaans-nieuws-online-en-in-het-engels&catid=159:headline-artikelen-entertainment&Itemid=219

Google translation:

Aruban news online and in English

Thursday, 26 May 2011 3:55 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - The English Aruba Herald news site is officially launched tomorrow. Owner Mark Benson Denz looking forward to this new chapter in its success, although somewhat anticipated as a media entrepreneur.

by our reporter:
Ariën Rasmijn

Fresh from a somewhat anticipated meeting is Mark Benson Denz's office within 24 Ora. Tomorrow Aruba Herald, the new English-language news site of its media business Headlines Group, officially launched by the Minister of Tourism, Labour and Transport, Otmar Oduber (AVP), while Destination Innovation Fair in Renaissance Convention Center.

The idea to launch an English news came two years ago. "For some reason 24 Ora suddenly went rigid in terms of visitors from outside the island, but also from people who live here who are not able to read Papiamento. From them we received the request for an English version of 24 Ora. We knew that question was and I started playing with the idea. But I was also still plenty to do and was only advance until early this year when I decided to do to do. "Aruba Herald goes on two target groups, people outside the island, including potential visitors, timeshare owners or people doing business on the island, and people on the island who are not able to read Papiamento. "Often these are people who are in business, so we live stock quotes and exchange rates on the site." Aruba Herald uses the same infrastructure as newsgathering and Ora 24. Although Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA) is the partner site will Aruba Herald news about robberies and other messages that may be sensitive to the tourism industry and sponsors of those life alert, says Denz. "We're not a tourist news, but just local news, lawsuits and political news sites. I'm born in Aruba, living here and want to live here and I know that our main source of income is tourism and I absolutely do nothing to undermine it, but I do not lie or cover up cases. In addition, people really do know what happens here. You do not like Papiamento-speaker only a passage of 24 Ora Google Translate into Spanish translate to find out that there were also raided. "Nevertheless Denz deliberately chooses to compromise and he will certainly not front page filled with robberies . "Of the four in one day, we place a guess. In addition, you also receive certain news a certain twist, notably the positive-solving aspect is brought forward. "Initially, reports of robberies and other crimes under the tab 'Crime' will fall. "There were people worried about. We opted for the more neutral '911 '. Denz yet fills his own hand the Aruba Herald site. Denz: "In principle, only articles need to be translated. I think I once when the site running, and later take a translator there. But for now I do it myself. "

This is the fourth product in the portfolio Denz, which is home marketer. In the four and half years Headlines that his group is active, his company has gradually expanded. "When I started I worked as a marketing manager at Cool FM. Only a half years later, I could draw a salary for myself. Personally I really expect it would run faster. But the advertising is, in part still very traditional. It took a while before we realized what we can do and what our grasp. "Ora 24 is still the most visited news site in Aruba.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: May 26, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »

It looks like TACO is continuing to represent the real winners in the world. A pretty sad story.

Kenneth Moreno, Franklin Mata Acquitted: NYPD Cops Accused Of Rape Cleared Of All But Minor Charge

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/26/kenneth-moreno-franklin-mata-acquitted_n_867467.html

Defense attorney Joseph Tacopina does not regret putting defendant on stand in cop-rape trial

The Manhattan cop charged with raping a drunken woman gave some cringe-worthy testimony, but his lawyer doesn't regret putting him on the stand.

"I'm glad he did," defense attorney Joseph Tacopina said of Officer Kenneth Moreno. "He wanted to take the stand. He's been sitting on his hands for two and a half years."

One of the more unsettling moments in Moreno's time on the stand came after prosecutor Coleen Balbert expressed amazement that he didn't tell his partner, Franklin Mata, "that she had come on to you, that you had to turn her down."

"I don't kiss and tell," replied Moreno, who also testified that he spooned with the woman in her bed and sang a Bon Jovi tune to her.

"We wanted this jury to hear that," Tacopina insisted. "He didn't rape this woman."

Balbert is expected to hammer Moreno again Friday in closing arguments at Manhattan Supreme Court as a liar and a letch who took advantage of the fashion executive while Mata stood lookout in her East Village apartment.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-05-13/news/29553998_1_officer-kenneth-moreno-franklin-mata-edward-mandery
I don't know how Tacopina sleeps at night representing these two scums of the earth.

I am so disgusted.

NYPD cops Kenneth Moreno, Franklin Mata not guilty of rape, but city faces 'do-over' civil trial

BY Melissa Grace
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, May 26th 2011, 9:30 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/05/26/2011-05-26_millions_still_be_at_stake_in_doover_civil_trial.html#ixzz1NVqWL8kB
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:49:58 PM by San » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »

I hope this girl wins millions.  How does he afford an attorney like Tacopina. The unfortunate thing is that these two cops don't feel guilty for what they did.  They are both arrogant.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/26/kenneth-moreno-franklin-mata_n_867694.html?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|sec1_lnk1|214362

Kenneth Moreno, Franklin Mata Fired From NYPD After Misconduct Charge

The NYPD fired two Manhattan cops today hours after they were acquitted of rape, according to the New York Daily News.

Officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata were found not guilty today of raping a drunken East Village woman they'd been called to help. Both men, however, were found guilty of official misconduct for going back into the woman's apartment three times without alerting their superiors.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »

I understand that the police have one of the toughest jobs in the world, but where is the accountability? If the cop agreed that he "spooned" her, whatever that is, isn't that deemed sexual assault?

Thanks for the link TM.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »

I hope this girl wins millions.  How does he afford an attorney like Tacopina. The unfortunate thing is that these two cops don't feel guilty for what they did.  They are both arrogant.

Good question.  But when you think about what they did, imagining either (or both) of them being paid off for who knows what wouldn't be beyond the scope imo.  And I'm sure there have been plenty of opportunities for that extra tax-free income along the way.

Tacopina sure can pick them can't he?  He's dirty and sickening.  jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: May 26, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »

I understand that the police have one of the toughest jobs in the world, but where is the accountability? If the cop agreed that he "spooned" her, whatever that is, isn't that deemed sexual assault?

Thanks for the link TM.

yw KTF

I think plenty are mad about the injustice just from some of the comments I've read at that link.  I hope they raise hell about it!  I'm glad they got fired after the fact, but that's not enough!  Tacopina's probably already planning the lawsuit over that.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: May 26, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

Good question.  But when you think about what they did, imagining either (or both) of them being paid off for who knows what wouldn't be beyond the scope imo.  And I'm sure there have been plenty of opportunities for that extra tax-free income along the way.

I actually think he sympathizes with these criminals.  He has to put in his mind that they are good people in order for him to take a case like this one.  His brain has forgotten what it's like to think like a good person.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: May 26, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »

Thanks for the link TM.

yw KTF

I think plenty are mad about the injustice just from some of the comments I've read at that link.  I hope they raise hell about it!  I'm glad they got fired after the fact, but that's not enough!  Tacopina's probably already planning the lawsuit over that.

Tacopina made a comment earlier today saying something like they weren't going back to their jobs.  Sort of like he knew they were going to get fired.  About an hour later they were fired.  I think the NYPD was planning this all along.  They only needed to be found guilty on that one charge in order for them to be fired.  They aren't going to sue because this will open a big can of worms that they don't want to be opened.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: May 26, 2011, 10:35:06 PM »

I actually think he sympathizes with these criminals.  He has to put in his mind that they are good people in order for him to take a case like this one.  His brain has forgotten what it's like to think like a good person.

Too much time spent with Anita, and training his brain to defend her delicious sporter...     

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: May 26, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »

I hope the judge gives them the max which could be 2 years for the charge they were found guilty of.  That would shock the sh#t out of them and wipe the smirk off their faces.  Then they can be let out and try to look for a job.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: May 26, 2011, 10:38:11 PM »

Too much time spent with Anita, and training his brain to defend her delicious sporter...     

Ain't that the truth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.